Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ 27 seconds ago

Another un-warm day here, max was only 14 (6.1below average) bringing our total to 19 days this month below average, and our third 6c below average for max temps.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ 19 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: GringosRainWell for what its worth it felt like a fairly cold winter to me. Lots of cold nights and brisk winds during the day. Im sure I will be told it was above normal or average, but I also noticed how days could feel really
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ 34 minutes 29 seconds ago

The only one you’re embarrassing is yourself Bud, I don’t live at Albion Park. Wollongong MTD mins -1.4c Max -1.1c 💁🏻‍♂️💅🏻
Tropical and Central Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Far North Queensland Dry Season - Cardwell Northwards - 2018 by WANDJINA G'vale @ 55 minutes 9 seconds ago

4.5mm overnight - Gordonvale
World
Jump to new posts Re: 2018 NH Hurricane / Typhoon Season by pabloako @ Today at 14:28

Here is a time-lapse of Trami of the last 24 hours. (Updates every 30 minutes) https://www.oceanviewweather.com.au/Satellite/HimawariSatellite-SEAsia.aspx
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Eigerwand @ Today at 14:14

Originally Posted By: KinoThank you, Rain Gauge, for actually reading my post and understanding I wasn’t literally referring to it being freezing. I shall now only use the term “un-warm” of which , today falls into that category. Very un-warm. S
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by GringosRain @ Today at 14:03

Well for what its worth it felt like a fairly cold winter to me. Lots of cold nights and brisk winds during the day. Im sure I will be told it was above normal or average, but I also noticed how days could feel really quite icy, but they would reach
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ Today at 13:54

Thank you, Rain Gauge, for actually reading my post and understanding I wasn’t literally referring to it being freezing. I shall now only use the term “un-warm” of which , today falls into that category. Very un-warm.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by rain gauge @ Today at 13:09

I guess saying its 'Freezing cold' is the same as saying 'Its boiling hot' Even though it's not 100C. Yet no one would call that out. It's just an expression. I guess its a case of the weather being boring atm. lol
Victoria
At this stage not expected to be a big rain event(s) for Vic, but being the the first cut off low systems with any promise this spring, ....worthy of keeping an eye on I reckon: The 700hPa RH charts show moisture sourced from the top end arriving
General Weather
North of Solomons. 160 East, as opposed to 160 W which I guess is where you are looking at. Several arrows are marked 10, so not sure exactly what you are referring to there. Further east your image shows a substantial area of blue - quite weak wi
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by DerekHV @ Today at 12:18

Genuinely wintry day now, hovering at 15.6C with ESE wind and 0.2mm of rain since 9am, but enough that the ground is still damp and wet. Reminds me of mid to late June type of weather now, doubt we will make the forecast max of 18C. Still, at least t
Victoria
At least the high pressure systems are now centered below the continent, surely opens the door for some wet changes linked to NW cloud bands when the MJO returns to the Indian Ocean during October?
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Mike HauberWWB now starting in far west Pacific is along the equator near 160E. I'm definitely missing something here. Near 160E would be where drifting buoy "10" (the one in green below, showing southerly breeze)? Do you
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by ozthunder @ Today at 11:36

This September has struggled when we get any sort of wind from the S/SE, and even an unsupported (no mixing) NE wind. The ocean is still bone chilling and has only just gone over 16C (Manly Hydraulics), I think its 15C on the shoreline still. You k
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by TWEEDSTORM @ Today at 11:02

I think frequent ,brief southerlies are common this time of the year Gleno. With regards to the highs I wish just for once that they would disappear off the map altogether.Wouldnt it be nice to see the continent covered by an area of low pressure.See
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by Snowies @ Today at 10:04

Easily the coldest night of the month last night, -2.8, coldest by a full 1.6 degrees... Has been very mild, our average max temps are 1.6 degrees warmer than last year up to this point (14.7). Also feels like the weather is drying out quite early
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by gleno71 @ Today at 10:04

Lovely pic Seabreeze. Hmm so what's with the highs going deep into the south? Normally spring there still over the continent. Explains the frequent southerly changes along the east coast?
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Eigerwand @ Today at 09:22

And one guy who never takes a single piece of new info on board lest it corrupt his fantastical view of the world. Did you pay any attention to what I wrote as for avg’s? 17C in Wollongong in September is not a significant cold day. I lament the medi
Yeah thanks for putting that page out of its misery Marakai.. and thanks RD...its a bugga of a forum to post photos on for a doofus like me.. I see a trip to Cuzco in your future Marakai...much of the newer Spanish built Municipal buildings and ch
Originally Posted By: marakaiOriginally Posted By: cold@28Having internet trouble Marakai?? Not at the Moment C@28 just couldn't bear that extra wide version WZ pages any longer is all. Fixed.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ Today at 08:22

lol got to love this place - one guy living at 1277asl telling me what’s cold to him when I live at 30asl, and one guy using Canada as an example. Great context guys.... Meanwhile I’ve just heard the storm bird for this first time since last summer.
0.4mm overnight. Would be nice if an actual proper shower made it. Pretty much completely blue skies now apart from on the horizon towards the coast round to Atherton
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Antarctic Whaler @ Today at 08:06

17° C is not even slightly close to "freezing" My 3°-6° C maximums in midwinter are what would be "cold", and they would only be "freezing" with the wind-chill (quite squally/windy up here year-round). I've registered wind-chills beneath blo
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by retired weather man @ Today at 07:20

WYNNUM NORTH - WEATHER DATE..24 SEP 2018 TIME..0715 CURRENT TEMPERATURE......17.5C CURRENT HUMIDITY...........78% CURRENT DEW POINT..........14C CURRENT WIND DIR/SPEED....SW 3kph CURRENT MSL PRESSURE......1023.9HpA CURRENT VISIBILITY........25KM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Who's Online
5 registered (Kino, Mike Hauber, Sandbank, Funkyseefunkydo, 1 invisible), 47 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
CraigA74, Ken, Maarten Brandt, wing tip vortex
Forum Stats
29654 Members
32 Forums
23962 Topics
1497861 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image