Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by DerekHV @ 11 minutes 11 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ashestoashesWell last year in September Camden moved from 6.5 to 36.5. So a diurnal range of 30 degrees, that is probably the record because it occurs in spring when often the highest diurnal ranges occurred. But maybe someone m
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Giant High Pressure Systems by Thunderstruck @ 52 minutes 48 seconds ago

The current LWT node around WA longitudes and the general progs over the coming week or so is definitely one of the most substantial I can remember in my time watching the weather patterns, certainly generating a very impressive swell across the Sout
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by ozone doug @ Today at 09:55

Thanks for that retired weather man. My Stevenson screen is made of louvered wood 2 ft square and double roof ,Top one slanted and 3 2 inch holes in base and first top. And base is 4 foot 2 inch of the ground and in a open area with 30 feet of anyth
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Showers 17~20 July 2018 by Werner K @ Today at 09:51

Total of 5.5mm until 720am this morning, a bit more than I expected.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by gleno71 @ Today at 09:49

Awesome pics Ken, yes been very cool in the mornings the past week. A bit boring as some have stated, but I love sunny days, makes me happy. Imagine this weather pattern in the middle of summer.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Giant High Pressure Systems by Kino @ Today at 09:48

Nostalgia is an effective filter sorry - I recall the 80's were terribly dry and hot until the massive La Nina at the end. That's one of the problems with climate science - it's always re-writing or downplaying history. But Dorothea McKeller nailed o
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Giant High Pressure Systems by ozthunder @ Today at 08:56

Originally Posted By: McbobbingsAs someone who has just become interested in weather recently, what would a winter of 30 or 40 years ago have looked like in terms of frontal activity? How often would a front reach Sydney for example? From my own obse
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Adam Ant @ Today at 08:27

Does anyone know why BOM don't allow access to Wellcamp airports monthly weather data? All you can access is the last couple of days. http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ60801/IDQ60801.99435.shtml Whereas there is full access to the Toowoomba airp
Tropical and Central Australia
8mm overnight. Nice fishing Trav
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Rigger @ Today at 08:24

Originally Posted By: JimiGood stats Rigger. As for the smallest range - Norfolk or Lord Howe perhaps Without looking up the stats, I'd say Norfolk.... ( I have worked on both islands but only in the summer months ). Lord Howe has recorded extreme
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by retired weather man @ Today at 08:19

WYNNUM NORTH ( 1KM FROM MORETON BAY, BRISBANE, QLD ) - DAILY WEATHER DATE...... 18 JUL 2018 TIME...... 0800 CURRENT TEMPERATURE.......8.8C CURRENT HUMIDITY..........65% CURRENT DEW POINT.........3C CURRENT WIND DIR/SPEED....WSW 2kph CURRENT MSL
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by wingtipvortex @ Today at 07:58

Where I was yesterday has a constant 110kmh wind, gusts to 140kph, wind chill of minus 20 and horizontal rain. Although, I was on my bike traveling from Exeter to Hobart, at about the WRONG time lol. It looked and felt pretty wintery to me for 3 ho
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Giant High Pressure Systems by Mcbobbings @ Today at 07:39

As someone who has just become interested in weather recently, what would a winter of 30 or 40 years ago have looked like in terms of frontal activity? How often would a front reach Sydney for example? From my own observations of the past 3 years it
Tropical and Central Australia
12mm so far. Just when I thought I was going to have to water some plants. Unfortunately working today, but lovely day for books and coffee.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Giant High Pressure Systems by Eigerwand @ Today at 05:40

Hmmm, I’m not sure (obviously haha). Perhaps this could be a sign of a significant El Niño on the way? In that case the monsoonal lows over the tropics would be less active.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ Yesterday at 23:33

Originally Posted By: ozthunderOriginally Posted By: KinoIncredibly mild here right now - 18.8c with a decent w blowing! A very quick look at observations and it seems apart from Port Kembla, Albion Park may be the highest temperature in the state
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Sidney @ Yesterday at 23:19

Wow these temps though. Walked outside at 11PM on a clear cloudless winter night and it felt warmer outside than inside. How bizarre. Especially considering it was already -1c at this time 2 nights ago.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ Yesterday at 23:17

It's hotting up, especially in the Illawarra. At Albion Park, the temperature has increased by over 11° since 8:30PM, from under 8 to nearly 19. That must have been very noticeable to the good burgers of Albion Park who were out and about. Places t
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by ozthunder @ Yesterday at 23:17

Originally Posted By: KinoIncredibly mild here right now - 18.8c with a decent w blowing! A very quick look at observations and it seems apart from Port Kembla, Albion Park may be the highest temperature in the state ATM. Has to drop a degree in
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by Stale fish @ Yesterday at 23:16

Not sure about that H20 but sound drematic so will go with that.😛 Heading up top tomorrow till Friday, will keep up the reports. Had a wind gust here today of 98kmhr with some trees down. 2.6mm so far.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ Yesterday at 22:58

Incredibly mild here right now - 18.8c with a decent w blowing!
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Jimi @ Yesterday at 22:52

Good stats Rigger. As for the smallest range - Norfolk or Lord Howe perhaps
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Mad Elf #1.5 @ Yesterday at 22:46

Given the clear nights, star gazing is supreme.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Giant High Pressure Systems by MOUNTAIN h2o @ Yesterday at 22:31

Those Highs are killing our past climate statistics, we are entering a new age of continuous dry hot conditions in the South East.
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by MOUNTAIN h2o @ Yesterday at 22:22

Hi all , the near non existent Winter just continues in Southern Tasmania. 18 c in Hobart with gale force Northerly winds more typical of October. At this rate it will be 25 c by mid August and bush fires raging by September. I really now have no
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Who's Online
7 registered (scott12, Kino, Snowy Hibbo, Matt Pearce, Aussea, ashestoashes, DerekHV), 338 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
-Deano-, volkl, Volkl_1
Forum Stats
29610 Members
32 Forums
23932 Topics
1494357 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image