Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
South Australia
Our verandah roof didn't fare too well from that gust.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Stratospheric sudden warmings (SSWs) by marakai @ Today at 01:09

Interesting :https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1811/1811.06842.pdf Temperature and pressure variability in mid-latitude low atmosphere and stratosphere-ionosphere coupling.
South Australia
Originally Posted By: betsuinGot absolutely slammed here - my big pine tree was really whipping around - a few minutes before 7pm, lasted about 5 minutes. Had the doors open to get some air in - they all slammed shut. Looks like that squall origina
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Seabreeze @ Yesterday at 23:59

10.8mm in the 24hrs to 9am here from occasional showers yesterday and overnight.
Tropical and Central Australia
Originally Posted By: Simmo FNQ Things are gonna get hot, hot, hot. Would not be surprised to see 39-40c next week. Just when I was worried November was going to be cooler than October. I'm not sure it will get that hot here on the coast. Up your wa
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ Yesterday at 23:41

Sure is looking interesting for later this week - forecasts are pretty benign atm but think they’ll change more once they know the movement of the cut off.
South Australia
rain forcast for tomorrow lol 15-42 42mm i would like to see
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Trough with embedded lows Nov 20-23 by logansi @ Yesterday at 22:49

Originally Posted By: PetrosModels all over the shop, but something big is brewing - peaking strongly in areas of Vic yet to be determined! My tip is to watch it all evolve on SatIR. Not sure i've seen such a difference in the models less than 24
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Ken Kato @ Yesterday at 22:21

GFS has a long known tendency to often be pretty progressive with moving systems through quicker than a lot of other models. Not always though. EC current has activity persisting into Thursday. Should get a better idea tomorrow.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by gleno71 @ Yesterday at 22:18

GFS suggesting the storms will move thru the SE QLD region late into Wednesday night.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by gleno71 @ Yesterday at 22:17

Originally Posted By: Steve OCould be chance of squalls with that kind of setup. If you have the chance might be worth it. Upper level winds look strong for Wed/Thurs
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Mezo @ Yesterday at 22:15

Yeah, I'll probably head out on the off chance there's a nice guster ahead of what looks like a big rainband. The one positive is there certainly looks like there'll be enough heating despite the cloud.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: NRL Season 2018 by Beltane @ Yesterday at 22:09

The charge carries a maximum 20-year jail term if Hayne is convicted. Well that's one way of avoiding the USA charges due to be heard in 2020.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Steve O @ Yesterday at 22:07

Could be chance of squalls with that kind of setup. If you have the chance might be worth it.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Mezo @ Yesterday at 22:00

I wanna get excited about Wednesday, but fear it will just be a rainy, linear mess. Soundings are saturated all the way up and there's next to no turning. On leave atm, so could chase, but it's hard to get motivated for a 2+ hour drive west for wh
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Vinnie @ Yesterday at 22:00

That low/cold front to the south on Thursday/Friday ... looks more like a winter pattern? Might explain the dryer heat on the weekend... dew point of 8-14 deg here is quite unusual for November .
Tropical and Central Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Dry Season - 2018 by Vinnie @ Yesterday at 21:59

Looks like a winter weather chart from Thursday/Friday onwards with a low/cold front to the south...
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Ken Kato @ Yesterday at 21:59

The monsoon trough itself doesn’t routinely reach as far south as this region during summer although sometimes it has.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Steve O @ Yesterday at 21:55

The MT hopefully should drop south sometime through Dec you'd sort of expect but obviously there's no certainty in that. As for big weather events such as TC its just a matter of when.. might be waiting awhile..
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by ashestoashes @ Yesterday at 21:52

No Eddy just a regular family trip for me, but cheers. Looks like an amazing storm set up through the heart of NSW. LI's at -6, along with this EC graphic showing very active storms probably, hopefully some Northerly moisture is pulled in by this c
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Ken Kato @ Yesterday at 21:35

Originally Posted By: paulcirrusGreat pics Ken - i could see what i was missing on that day. But i have a question and agree with others what a weird setup for this time of year. The weather is all over the place and i can't see a constant signal of
South Australia
Got absolutely slammed here - my big pine tree was really whipping around - a few minutes before 7pm, lasted about 5 minutes. Had the doors open to get some air in - they all slammed shut.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by paulcirrus @ Yesterday at 21:31

Great pics Ken - i could see what i was missing on that day. But i have a question and agree with others what a weird setup for this time of year. The weather is all over the place and i can't see a constant signal of a wet or dry period, " Which is
General Weather
The StormSurf zone is the prime zone for generating a Kelvin Wave. Westerly anomalies further east won't do much to the subsurface but will have a significant impact on the surface.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by gleno71 @ Yesterday at 21:30

Originally Posted By: Warwick Eye2SkyThe jet stream seems to be out of whack in the NH too. Houston, Texas had record cold and snow last week and it’s only mid November. They received snow before NYC and Boston! Now that is crazy! Yes the 300hpa
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Who's Online
0 registered (), 50 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
beefy, falay002, Paul79, Ruckle
Forum Stats
29700 Members
32 Forums
24002 Topics
1502787 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image