Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Originally Posted By: StormCaptureHardy Reef Rain gauge looks like its failed, hasn't recorded for quite a while now yep its full!!!!
Next move will be slightly south. Just have that feeling.Originally Posted By: JezzaAppears to be almost stationary on the radar now!
137km/h gusts Hamilton Island now
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by Chris Stumer @ 2 minutes 6 seconds ago

The doppler radar would be interesting to look at now.
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by StormCapture @ 2 minutes 23 seconds ago

Hardy Reef Rain gauge looks like its failed, hasn't recorded for quite a while now
Latest SATCON data (via satellite sensors and algorithms) suggest the intensification rate may have ramped up even further in recent hours - don't take the pressure and wind speed values (in knots) too literally though since they're estimates. And w
Originally Posted By: sharjayBOM guy on tv ...Bruce Gunn..just said core will be 100km across... is that worse than a smaller tighter core?? Core is probably different to the eye. If you had a 40 km eye and then add on a region of 30kms either sid
Appears to be almost stationary on the radar now!
Quoting the courier mail: CYCLONE DEBBIE LATEST: Wind gusts of up to 250km/h have already been recorded as Category 4 Cyclone Debbie edges closer to the Queensland coastline. It is understood Debbie will be in the upper ranges of a Cat 4 when it hit
Current conditions in Mackay during squalls... https://youtu.be/SIold7OQZ5M
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting by Pooley72 @ 4 minutes 43 seconds ago

Well got a whole 0.6 of a mm out of the downpour this morning. Just a little tester for the more observant amongst us. Can you spot when the change came through this morning?
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by StormCapture @ 6 minutes 17 seconds ago

Thinking Hamilton Island will be the first AWS to succumb by Debbie over the next few hours.
Originally Posted By: RaindammitLast 100 radar scans to 10:00pm: This will be last from me tonight, gotta get some sleep. Damn, was gonna ask if that was from Bom or Weatherzone and the Deg with minutes or Deg decimal location ? Dipped a
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by Majors Daughter @ 6 minutes 56 seconds ago

Jezza...if that happens then I will win a $20 bet I placed on Thursday last week against a master pilot! Chances are so slim I've kissed that $20 away
Originally Posted By: KBO Popeye is the Wzone lighting tracker showing anything in Debbie eye? Someone said earlier that lighting is a sign of her ramping up? There has been a total of 3 lightning strikes showing up lol. There might be more dependi
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: Ex STC Debbie and potential follow on showers by Lani @ 7 minutes 30 seconds ago

70-100mm would fill a lot of dams out this way but I'm not even holding my breath for 10mm lol. What will be, will be. Enjoying watching and reading all the informative posts on it though. Hope people follow advice and stay safe!
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by R.Dangerfield @ 8 minutes 20 seconds ago

130k gusts at Hamo
Originally Posted By: PopeyeOriginally Posted By: KBORetake on that Popeye, I have that a little wrong, looking at the sat pick you gave can see Hinchinbrook Island at it's About 50 kms in length So Debbie's eye would be An easy 80 kms wide ... my ba
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by BlueStorm @ 10 minutes 39 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JezzaUsing the Bowen Radar she is still holding the same positional height above the east west axis, if anything at all, has moved slightly north. What are the chances of Debbie running along the coast and crossing between Town
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by scorpion70 @ 10 minutes 44 seconds ago

Power out already
Tropical and Central Australia
still heading west at the moment, getting gusty in kirwan.
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Cyclone Caleb Indian Ocean March 2017 by Ningergirl @ 11 minutes 42 seconds ago

Hahaha desiboy. I will throw some flowers in the drink for him. He was the last hurrah for us this season I think.
http://ozforecast.com.au/cgi-bin/weatherstation.cgi?station=11331 According to this link the Hardy Reef sensor has recorded 655mm since 0900hrs this morning. Man all that rain at sea when we could use it in Townsville and we probably won't even ge
My puppy is getting very restless
Tropical and Central Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Central Coast & Whitsundays Wet Season - March 2017 by Dan101 @ 12 minutes 44 seconds ago

Here's some footage from one of my infrared security cameras at 10pm tonight, just to give an indication of conditions here in Mackay. Recorded with the phone so I could get audio too. https://youtu.be/SIold7OQZ5M
Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 ... 52 53 >
Who's Online
129 registered (exodus, Briscell, R.Dangerfield, wxra, Macktown, camtsv, Tales, OverDrive, Cyclone_Tim_, Moldy, Ollieo, Rain Whisperer, NQ_Dee, rainthisway, Max744, sharjay, Ellywin, Ms.Weatherfreak, CraigA74, StormCapture, ThunderBob, Sidney, mysteriousbrad, Un_stable, woodhouse, gwebb, rolive, Drought declared, Rainheart, Tempest, Anon5, phreeky, Keethy, Homer, weather junky, Miss T, pkgjmg, Markus, ol mate, Blinky_Bill, BThomas, aloahjay, FNQ, ayrfam, Jezza, Turbo Taxi, nocturnal1, Steve O, Ahab, KBO, Lowndsey, Unmanned, rainbeam, nicabocca, AKM80, Aussea, Chookie, cold@28, SnowedIn, Swigman, goninja88, marakai, Steve777, ScubaSteve, Kat_, TrentG, BigBen, Pappa D, Dan101, Chris Stumer, explorer, Perfect Storm, Popeye, redbucket, Allik, BlueStorm, Tropical Desert, Buzz Buzz, bber36, Snapper22lb, Rainbose, swamp-lady, eRes, terawatt, Kezza34, Thunderstruck, Maclaw, bec131, sunworshipper, Whisper, Pooley72, FujiWha, Steven78, Sunny Showers, No-Logic, snoopydoo, Majors Daughter, Adele, Tan, sangas, Mother Nature, James Chambers, Jesse24, scorpion70, S.Novaehollandia, eauetsoleil, Lani, Oriolus, Teunvm, shell, Dingbat, show_me_weather, Cass, Procella, Mick10, Latitude 21, PVW, JoanTheSpark, breezy04, Summ3r, StormQueen, lou lou, 7 invisible), 944 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Jamar, jimi747, Zephyr
Forum Stats
29193 Members
32 Forums
23562 Topics
1445376 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image