Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tropical and Central Australia
Pretty darned chilly.
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Wow total disintegration tonight. Sad but I think the season may be over. Haha as soon as I wrote that I questioned what I just said. Maybe that Coral Sea thingo can do the cross continent traverse and end up over here in the 2nd week of May. Who
It's down to 17.6 and it's only 00:50 hrs ! Not a civilised temperature at all for human beings to endure.
Technical info for TC Frances not looking good but still Cat 2 atm but on a downward slide. From BOM Animated Total Precipitable Water shows dry wrapping around the system and encroaching into the centre. Upper winds shows the system in the up
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Seabreeze @ Yesterday at 22:57

Having a look around NENSW, in general, April temps will finish below average on the ranges, and slightly below average on the coast. Originally Posted By: Ken KatoAnd nice photo Seabreeze, actually looks pretty ominous if you didn't know the backgr
Yeah I am you there mate.
Originally Posted By: MathewIt is nice at the moment. 19.9C at the moment. 15C here now and not nice at all...I hope you have your winter woolies on Mathew..I'm rugged up, here near Tully ..it was down to around 11c up the road last night and fee
Weather Photography
Jump to new posts Re: Autumn Weather Images 2017 . by Markus @ Yesterday at 22:02

Originally Posted By: Skysthelimit Nice to see good opening rainfall for the farmers throughout much of SA over the last few days. Should see things green up quickly if we can get some follow up. Theres generally fog after a good fall and this is my
Weather Photography
Jump to new posts Re: Autumn Weather Images 2017 . by Markus @ Yesterday at 21:55

A very average image from today, but pretty much sums up the last week or so around here, constant stratocumulus and next to no sunshine...enjoying the temps though! Conditions lately really haven't been conductive to interesting landscapes. ah well
Victoria
Reached a top of 20.7C here in Belgrave today, over first 20C+ day in five days! It stayed mostly sunny until mid-afternoon, before turning overcast and gloomy again, but still dry. Really hoping for a bit of overnight rain to bring the monthly t
It is nice at the moment. 19.9C at the moment.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Australian Politics by Seira @ Yesterday at 20:45

Maybe the federal government could invest some time and resources into making sure the news we receive about the world really is what is claimed. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but if people are going to [strongly] trust in the west-minister system
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Dry Season - 2017 by Vinnie @ Yesterday at 19:42

Back to warm 23 and muggy outside.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Australian Politics by Steve777 @ Yesterday at 18:56

Has Mike Carlton hacked NewsCorp Australia's database? Instructions to the Editor of The Australian: https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeCarlton01/status/858201081146298368/photo/1
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ Yesterday at 18:49

Certainly OH does not represent what most Sydneysiders experience, especially on hot Summer days, although every site has its quirks. OH is warm in a Southerly, the Airport is cool in a Southerly, vice versa for a NE'er. Olympic Park seems to be 'hot
Starting to go through a rough stage in her life .
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by DerekHV @ Yesterday at 18:09

Originally Posted By: KnotGoing to come in as an about average April as far as temps go for the coastal strip from northern Sydney to newcastle. Most of Sydney too. But of course not Obs Hill. Averaged min will be around average. But the averaged max
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ Yesterday at 18:08

Bankstown, about 20km SW of the Sydney CBD, will come in for April at or close to 12.3 to 24.1, for anomalies of -0.4 to +0.4, so basically spot on average (1969 - 2016). OH will come in at or close to 14.6 to 23.8, for anomalies -0.1 to +1.3. A rar
Victoria
8.4 - 21.1C here today, sunny periods, but persistent SW'ly kept things cool. Baro remains settled on 1020 hPa for the 3rd day in a row.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Knot @ Yesterday at 16:56

Going to come in as an about average April as far as temps go for the coastal strip from northern Sydney to newcastle. Most of Sydney too. But of course not Obs Hill. Averaged min will be around average. But the averaged max will be above. Time for t
One last wet season rain event would be nice guys..! Wow down to 11.3 c at Innisfail last night....bloody nasty cold here as well..forecast temps back to more around average next week though thankfully...
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Knot @ Yesterday at 16:43

Three below av days on the trot for this area. Above my expectations. Stinky south easter blowing.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Wave Rider @ Yesterday at 16:33

And so the great weather rolls on. Low 20's, clear skies, light winds, no complaints.
Yeah CIMSS seemed to be a bit off with Frances. The ADT values were all over the shop cutting in/out and missing big chunks. There was an eye feature for a period and no mention, 999hpa. Up the creek CIMSS data for Frances.
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Cyclone Francis (97P) - Timor Sea April 2017 by tropicbreeze @ Yesterday at 14:55

Looks like Frances has peaked. CIMSS doesn't have the latest data but VWS seems to be around 10 - 15 kts with the system moving into higher VWS. However,it's surrounded by a lot of dry air. Upper outflow seems to be all to the south. After several
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Who's Online
3 registered (Kangaroo, RC, 1 invisible), 265 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Asti, carlaell, gerryr1, mcjody, rjdsunsets
Forum Stats
29239 Members
32 Forums
23596 Topics
1450112 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image