Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
NSW / ACT
Most places in the west of the state already over 100F before 10am, and Hay got to 48C yesterday, topping the state. Not sure if we will get close to the state record for Jan, which is Bourke in 1878 at 49.7C. Still unbelievable temps forecast in the
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: 2018/19 Fire Season Update and Discussion by logansi @ 8 minutes 9 seconds ago

Yeah looks that way right now but take it with a grain of salt this far out. I do think that when ever this heat gets completely pushed out of the state we are likely to see a spike day. Risk of storms on the ranges today so hopefully they are wet o
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Driver Discussion 2019 (Enso, IOD, PDO ,SAM etc) by Petros @ 11 minutes 37 seconds ago

EQ cloud seems to be building around Indonesia again, as you'd expect with most MJO models forecasting a return to the Aus region in coming days. Still mooted to create a tropical storm SW of Indonesia this time around by some models, .....but not c
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Will we see 50 degrees celsius again in Australia by Blair Trewin @ 13 minutes 38 seconds ago

Cook's record is 48.7 in 1973. Suspect it might have been a bit too far west for the peak of the action this time round (as it was in 1960); Forrest's highest during this event has been 45.3.
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting by Seina @ 29 minutes 8 seconds ago

Get the radar working right now or your lives will be in danger! Now...now...! I know you need maintenance for it but this is too critical get a move on and stop mucking around !
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - Major Heatwave likely 10/01/19 - 20/01/19 by Petros @ 29 minutes 27 seconds ago

A cooler 19C minimum here last night, calm sunny 29C her now, seems strange that we are only to get to 32C today, must be a seabreeze calculated to arrive earlier?
NSW / ACT
Though it looks like the winds won't be pushing the storms very far if the develop since they are quite weak throughout the atmosphere.
NSW / ACT
According to the Sydney sounding, the LI index is at -9.8°! I don't have too much experience with reading the diagram, but does that mean that if the capping is broken storms will quickly develop?
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: 2018/19 Fire Season Update and Discussion by LonnyDave @ 43 minutes 23 seconds ago

Are latest model runs suggesting very bad conditions next Wednesday/Thursday?
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Driver Discussion 2019 (Enso, IOD, PDO ,SAM etc) by Delta-T @ 52 minutes 51 seconds ago

Ahh, now I see where the -28 came from.
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting by Eevo @ 52 minutes 56 seconds ago

Radar service is currently unavailable due to: Reason: Technical or equipment problems Date: 15/01/2019 Start time: 3:30 pm EST Duration: 24 hour(s) Estimated time of restoration of service: 16/1/2019 3:30 pm EST Please use the backup Adelaide (Selli
Tropical and Central Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Wet Season - January 2019 by Vinnie @ 55 minutes 30 seconds ago

Facebook's memory thing tells me that 2 years ago on the 17th it was very hot here in Rocky and Yeppoon, in the 40's in Rocky . mid 30's in Yeppoon.
South Australia
feels like rain.
NSW / ACT
Back to business at hand. Nice sea fog here at Shellharbour this morning, still has not burnt off fully. Swim at Port Kembla yesterday evening was refreshing. I would say water is 19-20C, but another 1 to 3 days of NE winds and it will be back to b
NSW / ACT
So what is BANNED? Politics or climate change? Hard to tell when I read the forum rules.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by retired weather man @ Today at 08:19

WYNNUM NORTH - WEATHER DATE..16 JAN 2019 TIME..0715 CURRENT TEMPERATURE......26.4C CURRENT HUMIDITY...........64% CURRENT DEW POINT......... 19C CURRENT WIND DIR/SPEED...NNE 5kph CURRENT MSLP PRESSURE....1014.7Hpa CURRENT VISIBILITY........35
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: POSTIMAGE - step by step guide. by Steve777 @ Today at 08:12

A very useful guide Eddy. Re size, I find 640 x 480 (for message boards) a good fit. You can always preview your posts before submitting to see how the picture looks.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: POSTIMAGE - step by step guide. by Kangaroo @ Today at 07:47

Easy as. Thank you
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: Rainbow SpiritElephant in the room? There’s no elephant cause it’s BANNED. SIMPLE really.
NSW / ACT
Elephant in the room?
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Jump to new posts Re: QLD Tropical Cyclone Season 2018/2019 by Simmo FNQ @ Today at 07:19

Hahaha DU. We best start building an ark then.
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: Petar @ SdnyOriginally Posted By: EigerwandOriginally Posted By: Adaminaby AnglerManaged up to 33.4° C today on the paddocks (1,280 m AMSL); Cooma Airport (930 m AMSL) managed 36.9° C; Even bloody Cabramurra (1,482 m AMSL) ma
Tropical and Central Australia
44mm overnight. 170mm so far for the month.
NSW / ACT
40.1C in Canberra, first of potentially 4 days 40+. Which from my understanding will be a first. Change on the weekend looking weaker each model run with temps probably now remaining in the low 30's on the weekend before another warm up.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - Major Heatwave likely 10/01/19 - 20/01/19 by Blackacubra @ Today at 06:26

The highest I saw, for yesterday, was 46.2 degrees.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Who's Online
6 registered (Steve O, RC, DerekHV, Steve777, logansi, 1 invisible), 271 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Geoff Young, Mattqldstorms, Richey, Starwood
Forum Stats
29774 Members
32 Forums
24062 Topics
1512036 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image