Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Snapper22lb @ 2 minutes 0 seconds ago

If it is already forecast around the border then is it fair to say it has little chance of effecting much of SEQ. That is the start of school holidays. I was hoping to head off Rainbow Beach fishing. Will form off Bundy for sure!
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Antarctic blast Fri 15/6 —> Tues 19/6/2018 by Steve777 @ 21 minutes 30 seconds ago

That squall line moved over here. It got very windy with heavy rain (now eased off) , flashes of lightning and thunder. The temperature at OH and the Airport dropped by 4 degrees in half an hour, from a late maximum in the case of OH.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Antarctic blast Fri 15/6 —> Tues 19/6/2018 by menthurae @ 23 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: Long Road HomeGetting hammered on the beaches, easily the heaviest rain this winter. 3 cracks of thunder along with it I was driving on Wakehurst Parkway and it became so heavy I could only see the car in front (just). Was an
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Antarctic blast Fri 15/6 —> Tues 19/6/2018 by Homer @ 23 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JimiCommuting mayhem in the CBD. Umbrellas only slightly effective. Standing in a queue for a bus... no wonder people still drive Wouldn't be any better on the roads mate!! Heavy rain here now.
Tropical and Central Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Central Coast & Whitsundays Dry Season - 2018 by Hagrid @ 33 minutes 14 seconds ago

Hopefully this works . No.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Antarctic blast Fri 15/6 —> Tues 19/6/2018 by Wave Rider @ 39 minutes 5 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: KinoVideo on Facebook on EWS page of hail at Lake Heights and we had small hail in the City around 1230’ish. That is interesting and certainly believable given the heavy cells that were nearer the coast.
Originally Posted By: scott12Originally Posted By: cold@2824 degrees, and 29% humidity. Mornings have been around 18 degrees at sunrise. This is the only time I've ever been envious of Chilligoe.. Very mild here. Been close to perfect really.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Antarctic blast Fri 15/6 —> Tues 19/6/2018 by Jimi @ 41 minutes 14 seconds ago

Commuting mayhem in the CBD. Umbrellas only slightly effective. Standing in a queue for a bus... no wonder people still drive
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Antarctic blast Fri 15/6 —> Tues 19/6/2018 by Kino @ 41 minutes 55 seconds ago

Video on Facebook on EWS page of hail at Lake Heights and we had small hail in the City around 1230’ish.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Antarctic blast Fri 15/6 —> Tues 19/6/2018 by Homer @ 42 minutes 43 seconds ago

Just went outside to have a look and saw quite a few flashes. It looks nasty and I wouldn't be surprised to hear reports of hail. 83 km/h gust at Little Bay at 5.17 pm with this squall line.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Antarctic blast Fri 15/6 —> Tues 19/6/2018 by Wave Rider @ 45 minutes 23 seconds ago

Have had no hail here but a few heavy showers. Wish I was in Sydney!!
General Weather
Originally Posted By: retired weather manAnd last time, the El Nino locally was well under way for about 6 months under a watch before it was officially declared. Hardly the same - least a “watch”had been issued - the La Niña had been declared and
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Driver Discussion 2018 (Enso, IOD, PDO ,SAM etc) by retired weather man @ 48 minutes 9 seconds ago

And last time, the El Nino locally was well under way for about 6 months under a watch before it was officially declared.
Jump to new posts Re: North Queensland Dry Season - Cardwell to Bowen - 2018 by Dawgggg @ 50 minutes 23 seconds ago

BOM going for 5c tonight
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Antarctic blast Fri 15/6 —> Tues 19/6/2018 by Kino @ 51 minutes 44 seconds ago

Sydney looks like it’s getting torn a new one - impressive squall line, with more lining up behind. Pity the approaching trough will push this stuff away during tomorrow - bout time a Tasman Low actually benefited us!
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Antarctic blast Fri 15/6 —> Tues 19/6/2018 by Homer @ 53 minutes 56 seconds ago

Geez, I just heard a huge rumble here, and that is with the television on and the dishwasher going. And I'm a fair way from the action.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Antarctic blast Fri 15/6 —> Tues 19/6/2018 by Kino @ 55 minutes 38 seconds ago

If this is what a warmer, drier winter is all about, give me more pliz 😆😆😆😆
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Antarctic blast Fri 15/6 —> Tues 19/6/2018 by Long Road Home @ Today at 17:14

Getting hammered on the beaches, easily the heaviest rain this winter. 3 cracks of thunder along with it
Originally Posted By: cold@2824 degrees, and 29% humidity. Mornings have been around 18 degrees at sunrise. This is the only time I've ever been envious of Chilligoe..
Dammit I wish I had a bottle of nice Port on hand to fortify my belly tonight... There is a serious chill factor coming down the hill here already.. 8c forecast for South Johnstone in the morning.. Hey YS are you heading down to Cardwell sightseei
NSW / ACT
Small hail reported here at various locations this arvo, with more cold CB’s onway. This Winter rocks so far.
NSW / ACT
Looks insane im at woy woy right now. Clouds look a bit green.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Antarctic blast Fri 15/6 —> Tues 19/6/2018 by Funkyseefunkydo @ Today at 16:40

Bit of a squall line about to hit sydney
General Weather
Originally Posted By: KinoAmazing how quickly they are to jump to an El Niño watch....yet last season didn’t move to a La Niña watch until La Niña had already formed. I see your point. But is it not easier for an elnino to establish rather than an
NSW / ACT
Gee it got dark early here today street lights on at 3pm, just had a very solid downpour then. I wonder if the tops is still receiving snow?
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Who's Online
14 registered (Homer, Snapper22lb, ashestoashes, Mike Hauber, Jimi, Steve777, Kino, Petros, Matt Pearce, Bundy, dormant, 3 invisible), 333 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
christos(1), Lightning55, Luke_A, Max744, Mrs. Randy
Forum Stats
29585 Members
32 Forums
23919 Topics
1492928 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image