Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tropical and Central Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Wet Season - April 2019 by mysteriousbrad @ 7 minutes 36 seconds ago

Great news bundybear!
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting by Werner K @ 10 minutes 28 seconds ago

My rainfall figures for year to date : Home : 25.1 mm ~ 5.7% of average annual rainfall (based on Adelaide Airport average annual rainfall) Ponde : 9.8 mm (not sure what Mannum's long term average rainfall is, perhaps Lennie has an answer?)
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by NotsohopefulPete @ 32 minutes 58 seconds ago

That's fine Mv. Sometimes you really need some expert input(Myself definitely NOT in that class).The rain seems to have come a little further south than expected, maybe. Also with the amazing rain events happening in areas that needed and deserved it
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Multiversity @ 50 minutes 50 seconds ago

Thanks NSHPete - that explains a lot although I'm having trouble seeing the short wave upper trough on the 500hPa chart. I notice there is a change from SE to NE in winds at 500 hPa with an axis along the coast.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by NotsohopefulPete @ Today at 08:39

Straight from the Brisbane BoM's excellent outlook forecast page" It may answer your question Multiversity Maybe Ken will provide more detail if you need it." A high pressure system will remain slow-moving over the eastern Tasman Sea, maintaining th
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Wet Season - April 2019 by bundybear @ Today at 08:30

Well it is finally bloody raining. Had 14ml the other night. 17ml last night up until about 9pm and now there is another 45ml in the gauge. Just constant rain with a bit of a downpour here and there. The ground has soaked most of it up which is go
General Weather
Seems that the warmth is very much east based now. Trade winds near normal, with a bit of westerly anomaly in far west, and some enhanced easterly near middle. MJO seems to be surging through the Indian Ocean and trades are likely to increase fur
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Multiversity @ Today at 08:10

Just trying to understand the setup for the current rain from St Lawrence down to Sunny Coast. I see that there is a lot of shear in that region with rain feeding in from CS heading south before being forced east. Anyone?
Victoria
And GFS talking it up big time here with 108mm total over next 192hrs (8days) - http://stormcast.com.au/raincast.html?ops=gfs:2019042512:0:192:vic:nul#rc https://www.windy.com/-Rain-accumulation-rainAccu?gfs,rainAccu,2019-05-01-00,-38.404,146.915,8
Victoria
Backed up by E/Sale BOM this morning and here Dave - https://www.yr.no/place/Australia/Victoria/East_Sale/long.html
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Wet Season - April 2019 by mysteriousbrad @ Today at 07:25

15mm overnight- 29mm for the whole week so far
General Weather
Why mention lightning? Well if RB theory turns out to be correct than the more cosmic bombardment the more lightning in the atmosphere. The more lightning, the more changes in atmospheric chemistry. The more changes in atmospheric chemistry, the grea
Looks to be all south of Gladstone now.
General Weather
I found this article, http://www.q-mag.org/lightning-triggered-by-cosmic-rays.html concerning a theory of lightning generation called the "runaway breakdown" theory. In a nutshell it postulates that cosmic radiation initiates lightning rather than th
Yeppoon 52mm,
We had a massive 5mm.
AccuWeather is nothing to go on at all. Anything more than 3-4 days out is a mystery especially in this part of the world. All I know is it will probably get cooler/drier before it gets warm/humid again. Any and all rain in between is a bonus.
Already 26mm , going to be an interesting night.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Seabreeze @ Yesterday at 23:15

Originally Posted By: Steve777Sydney OH is in a dry spell, with not a drop of rain from the 8th - 22nd. If you disregard the sneaky 0.2's just after 9:00 on the 7th and just before 9:00 today, it's been 17 days. Meanwhile around 375kms up the coast,
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: Autumn has arrived in NSW by Steve777 @ Yesterday at 23:13

After a cooler start, the change of season seems to have gone into reverse in the last little while. Deciduous trees are still keeping to their timetable, however. Here's Little Digger Park in Roseville. It has a nice collection of Autumn trees at
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by gleno71 @ Yesterday at 22:25

Awesome Pic Eddy, hope you enjoyed it up here
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by gleno71 @ Yesterday at 22:25

Originally Posted By: Ken KatoOriginally Posted By: gleno71I would like to know a few things if someone can help me with the answers please. Firstly, How come when under a SE or E stream, the showers seem to increase as the day progresses? This mo
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Wet Season - April 2019 by Vinnie @ Yesterday at 22:17

Yeah we have guests from NZ coming in Mid May to just before the end. I guess for them the weather in Yeppoon will feel like summer even though for us it is cooler. May- September is usually the best weather , not too hot /cold not too humid. Accuwe
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Wet Season - April 2019 by Rhys. @ Yesterday at 21:55

Would be right on cue for the start of May, usually when the weather turns
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Wet Season - April 2019 by Rhys. @ Yesterday at 21:54

Up to 71mm at Samuel Hill, 6mm Yeppoon and 4mm so far here in rocky. Currently drizzly showers, should continue overnight. If we are to get that cool,dry change Vinnie which we should it's nice to get a bit wet beforehand
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Who's Online
6 registered (Homer, mysteriousbrad, ol mate, Sandbank, Sidney, Adaminaby Angler), 58 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
araT, danz, kimsmith, Tara, Welshmun
Forum Stats
29914 Members
32 Forums
24132 Topics
1524128 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image