Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
World
Jump to new posts Re: Mena, Arkansas Weather by Wet Snow @ 2 minutes 7 seconds ago

Hello Folks: Here's previous weeks' weather in Mena, Arkansas: DATE.......HIGH........LOW.........RAIN Apr..15..52F/11.1C..34F/1.1C...--- .......16..72F/22.2C..35F/1.6C...--- .......17..81F/27.2C..52F/11.1C..--- .......18..75F/23.8C..52F/11.1C..---
Tropical and Central Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Far North Queensland Wet Season - Cardwell Northwards - April 2018 by Hurricane force @ 7 minutes 19 seconds ago

Happy Birthday Simmo
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting by Vinnie @ 14 minutes 12 seconds ago

That 5 deg above average for Adelaide this month seems crazy. It's like the heat in Qld was pushed further south this summer .
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Driver Discussion 2018 (Enso, IOD, PDO ,SAM etc) by Mike Hauber @ 44 minutes 18 seconds ago

Westerly wind activity again in the western Pacific. This is forecast to continue and strengthen in the near future, and I'd say this is enough to push the chances of an el nino well above 50% now. Interesting to see what BOM status will be toda
After such a wet wet this April looks to be my driest in Mareeba. 6.4mm MTD and probably nothing else before the end of the month.
Alpine & Snow
Jump to new posts Re: 2018 Australian Snow Season by snowbooby @ Yesterday at 21:23

Two perhaps related processes that may generally auger well for snowfall here in w.a(and perhaps other areas as well) - (if) an el nino modoki develops later this year - I think because of an association with wave guide patterns in the troposphere
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come by doogasnow @ Yesterday at 21:23

Your right p!! Nothing to see over the next 10days that's For sure!! Need something to come up and bust this Current dry stable period up!
Alpine & Snow
Jump to new posts Re: 2018 Australian Snow Season by Steve777 @ Yesterday at 20:47

Thank you Blair. ------ GFS is showing a cold outbreak around May 7, towards the end of its run, with negative 850 temps over the Snowys and the blue line just South of Sydney. Early days yet, however.
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by Seira @ Yesterday at 20:29

One of the bigger contributing factors to earthquakes I think, would be that fact that ~ 70% of the Earth is covered by water. The movement of water on this planet is governed by fluid dynamics, therefore I'd say that would have to be part of any att
South Australia
Just spent two nights camping on the Coorong - was surprised at how warm the ocean water felt.
NSW / ACT
So it looks like the typical miserable April rain will come after all, but later than usual.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Was up the coast and missed all the rain, when I got back to work in Brendale it looked like there had been a downpour. 3mm seems to be the average amount recorded at local PWS's so must have been thick and fast.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come by Petros @ Yesterday at 18:22

This arvo's model runs show no mechanism for moist air to be over SE Aus to be in place when the next couple of cold air surges are mooted to arrive from the bight - the dry (and chances of the frosts CA mentioned) will continue for another 10 days i
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Melbourne & Victoria day to day weather by Petros @ Yesterday at 18:17

Fine (but smoke hazey) calm 25C day here. Very dry in N Gippsland.
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: Long Road HomeThe latest forecasts now indicate more of a prolonged southerly pattern lasting about a week or 2 with bits and pieces of shower activity mounting up to about 10-50mm depending where on the coast you are (with the
SE QLD / NE NSW
Yes Steve O. I am still out here in Texas and there is a nice little rumbler to our east. Very dark with rain shaft visible and getting closer. Traveling around just reminds me of how inactive the weather is out in Warwick, lol.
NSW / ACT
The latest forecasts now indicate more of a prolonged southerly pattern lasting about a week or 2 with bits and pieces of shower activity mounting up to about 10-50mm depending where on the coast you are (with the highest totals being in the north).
Picked up around 5mm this afternoon from the odd short, sharp shower. Take it while we can as the next week looks pretty dry.
Wonderful big roiling puffy clouds earlier this afternoon. With other sort of rainy clouds going the opposite direction, disintegrating after dropping on the rest of you. Made for a nice pleasant day, not too warm at all. Mornings are cooler for l
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: Steve O00z GFS had precip inland and a fair area of it that has not eventuated yet. Looking at satalite and clunching at straws abit of convection firing up out there. Any reports? GFS precip is often atrocious even at short ra
SE QLD / NE NSW
Almost all clear here, bit of cloud to the west, make a nice sunset, again!
SE QLD / NE NSW
Mainly blue skies out here, a little bit of cu to the S and SW but nothing worth writing home about. Looks like 1mm will be the total here from this event and probably the month with nothing else on the horizon.
SE QLD / NE NSW
00z GFS had precip inland and a fair area of it that has not eventuated yet. Looking at satalite and clunching at straws abit of convection firing up out there. Any reports?
SE QLD / NE NSW
Very small hail, baby peas size, not a lot of it, and some rumble, enough to scare my cat.
Originally Posted By: slipperyfish7mm overnight. Mostly brief heavy showers. Few around G'vale too
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Who's Online
7 registered (RC, Mike Hauber, Wet Snow, Stormy3, Weary, Hurricane force, Simmo FNQ), 326 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
KiwiSonia, paul117, peterh, ringwood weather, Shauno, Simmo FNQ, warm front
Forum Stats
29543 Members
32 Forums
23882 Topics
1489397 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image