Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Driver Discussion 2018 (Enso, IOD, PDO ,SAM etc) by Long Road Home @ 42 minutes 15 seconds ago

It's interesting that El Nino (12 mod-strong events) affects FNQ more than any other part of the country during the summer and now the area most affected by the current system. They seem pretty confident that it'll be hotter and drier for a large
Tropical and Central Australia
Originally Posted By: cold@28 Usually the second day after rain the place will be swarming with little flying gnats slipped past/thru the screen doors, and the bigger insects all over the screen doors, and batting themselves against the outside light
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Good 'ol Owen might do an Oswald...wouldn't the inland parts like that scenario...
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Ken Kato @ Today at 01:17

Also worth remembering that surface systems such as surface highs arenít usually the primary steering influence on TCís but rather the mean steering flow aloft (the stronger the TC, the greater the depth of the steering flow that influences it). Once
General Weather
Another mindless green drone...
Originally Posted By: Green n Lumpy It is only heresay, but someone told me Hinchinbrook Island was burning for three weeks. The logic behind it is baffling. Yeah mate the burn off was right through that heatwave..it baffles me too that fuel re
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Chris Stumer @ Yesterday at 22:37

Someone will get much needed rain.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Mad Elf #1.5 @ Yesterday at 22:27

I suppose the good news is, after Owen does his U-turn maneuvre, someone will get a bit of a blow wash. Hope its us, love to get Atkinson Dam operational again.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Mezo @ Yesterday at 22:24

Whatever happens, I think we finally have some exciting (and hopefully very wet and stormy) weather to look forward to after a horrid six weeks.
General Weather
Originally Posted By: EigerwandOriginally Posted By: KinoOriginally Posted By: Mike HauberPeer reviewed Research showing that generally ENSO and Blocking are the strongest drivers on Australian rainfall. [quote0]The amount of rainfall variance expl
Originally Posted By: hickoryOriginally Posted By: nimbuss1Anyone else had flying ants?? I have had these little winged ones.....not like usual big winged... loads of them right now! Yep,- as soon as the rain started Fri night. The little bastards c
Originally Posted By: nimbuss1Anyone else had flying ants?? I have had these little winged ones.....not like usual big winged... loads of them right now! Yep,- as soon as the rain started Fri night. The little bastards can crawl through the flyscree
Believe it when I see it. A week ago Owen was going to give us 300+mm here.
Anyone else had flying ants?? I have had these little winged ones.....not like usual big winged... loads of them right now!
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Mike Hauber Repeat after me. BOM haven't declared el nino. Therefore I winnzz. ...and you have the gall to accuse others of personal attacks Mike. I'm not the one parading himself as the ENSO messiah whilst trashing the re
General Weather
Originally Posted By: ColdFront People won't need any maps as there is no ElNino as of BoM's last update and if it is declared in their next update it will be too late in the year to have a significant impact everywhere except the north east of Aust
General Weather
Originally Posted By: RCSee that is the thing you fail to grasp, you are counting a very unusual rain event as a normal occurrence. Tropical Low in December. Who'd have thought?
Fantastic totals so far GnL!!! And here I was happy with the 389mm Bilyana has received so far for December lol. Not included in that total is the 40mm that has fallen so far today, might score a few more mm before 9am to tomorrow.
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Wet Season - December 2018 by mysteriousbrad @ Yesterday at 21:19

Ex Owen making a beeline down the coast
General Weather
See that is the thing you fail to grasp, you are counting a very unusual rain event as a normal occurrence. If these areas were to receive no more rain this month, the maps would still show it was a really good month for rain. Comments I have hav
There is an %50 to %50 chance of this one turning into an cat 3/cat4 later in the week if it's does do that or not. We will know over the next few days time or this evening maybe. Edited more information (02/12/2018 13:31) This is what I said be b
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Wet Season - December 2018 by Vinnie @ Yesterday at 21:13

What's with the big rain forecast this Saturday?
General Weather
Some observations from Central and North Qld bearing in mind we are only 10 days in . Cairns Airport December average 176mm This month 208mm Bowen Long term average 163mm This month 209mm Mackay Long term average 133mm This month 207mm Hardly
Originally Posted By: FlowinNice graphic, but to be fair comparison of other models is needed. I made a comparison in the comment above the graph to be fair. There are also the tracks that Ken put up.
Thanks Scott. Would like to hope this would continue for the remainder of the wet, but that is a pipe dream. Regardless, it has brought the water table back up, our grass is starting to regrow and the creeks have been flushed and are running aga
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 ... 15 16 >
Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Bob Johnston, Chowder100, J R Fascnated, Taught
Forum Stats
29700 Members
32 Forums
24025 Topics
1505830 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image