Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT Heatwave burst Jan 18-23 2018 by Homer @ 3 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JimiNice little 5:06pm update to the forecast for possibly severe storms in the West. lol.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT Heatwave burst Jan 18-23 2018 by Jimi @ 4 minutes 36 seconds ago

Nice little 5:06pm update to the forecast for possibly severe storms in the West.
Victoria
So much for a temp of 37 today. I noticed 38.4 here, but they just said 39 was the top, on the National News for Mildura. Predicted for today and the next 6 days: MON 37 TUE 37 WED 38 THURS 41 FRI 43 SAT 43 SUN 44
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT Heatwave burst Jan 18-23 2018 by Quagmelson @ 21 minutes 36 seconds ago

Cell moving down the mountains into far western metro is pumping out the cg's now! Non stop deep boomage here
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT Heatwave burst Jan 18-23 2018 by Quagmelson @ 24 minutes 51 seconds ago

Watching quite a few small but explosive towers going up maxxy. One appears to be developing over the basin. Hasnt shown up on radar yet but fingers crossed.
Tropical and Central Australia
True this^^ last week is a prime example. 100-150mm was predicted in areas that got over 300mm.
Victoria
Originally Posted By: doogasnowGfs has updated and is showing Some good storm/rain activity for The eastern part of state from Thursday To Saturday. Wether it happens or not is another thing? Lol And the just-issued BoM forecasts reflect that - w
Victoria
Gfs has updated and is showing Some good storm/rain activity for The eastern part of state from Thursday To Saturday. Wether it happens or not is another thing? Lol
That's only one model though. OCF (which takes into account 8 computer models) is still forecasting 60mm for Townsville in the coming week, areas around Ingham significantly more. http://www.australianweathernews.com/OCF/OCF_032.HTM Still abysmal t
Victoria
Thanks tb 👍 Looks fairly stormy over the next few days Out east according to the models, just Have to hope they develop some juice with Them
GFS is now moving the heavier stuff north and west - in the last 3-4 runs the line of heavy rain has consistently crept further north. By the time Friday comes around i reckon i will show H-B receiving very little.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT Heatwave burst Jan 18-23 2018 by Max744 @ Today at 15:44

Interesting...... No mention of storms in the forecast, but a rumble or two out here at Richmond at the moment.
Victoria
I don't get a clear view to my north ...so I can only go on what you can see too - the radar shows only small patches of "precip" moving quite fast. So I don't think there'll be significant rainfall from it - to all extents, dry. Still rumbling away
NSW / ACT
yes the wind directions shown and speeds seem wrong.
Victoria
Yeah it's an interesting little period coming Up!! Potentially dangerous fire wise! Tb - do u know if those storms north Of u contain much rain? Or are they Pretty dry with lightning?
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by pwa54 @ Today at 15:15

Quote:I always thought a good site for Hobart would be at the Botanical Gardens because there's never going to be any local environmental changes happening there They've measured the rainfall there since the 1880s, a pity temperatures weren't measur
South Australia
I managed to capture one of the earlier sunset storm's flashes on video - within a couple of seconds of pressing the shutter ... a first https://imgur.com/8n1yBW9 When that storm drifted off away to the south-east, I figured that was it for the
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT Heatwave burst Jan 18-23 2018 by Stormy3 @ Today at 15:13

Yes a NEter blowing here and 41 deg,a few small towers out to my west,and a small cell has just popped up on the radar west of Liverpool,and another near colo hights.
Victoria
That should be of course " I don't have a view of it." Yes, agreed. The next few days are likely to continue doing this sort of thing. I'm still not convinced the weekend won'yt be dangerous - we certainly don't want a dozen or more established fir
Victoria
Originally Posted By: ThunderBobLogansi, I can hear it rumbling away to my north though I don't have a few of it. Lets hope no new fires - air resources are very stretched atm
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT Heatwave burst Jan 18-23 2018 by rain gauge @ Today at 15:04

Its amazing that heat has travelled 1,000's of klm across the country only to stop dead 5 klm from the edge of the continent. Weather wise that's like being crashed tackled on the 1 metre line. .. 27C here on the central coast
Victoria
Logansi, I can hear it rumbling away to my north though I don't have a few of it.
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Jump to new posts Re: QLD Tropical Cyclone Season 2017/2018 by rainthisway @ Today at 14:43

*sigh* I dont think the BOM really knows whats gonna happen. One article it says no monsoon for townsville in next week then an article a day later says the opposite and that we will get monsoon rains. I guess its a case of wait and see.
NSW / ACT
It is just extraordinary to see parts of Sydney and Hunter scoring 40 and above without a continuous north west flow.
Victoria
Lightning strikes just now N/E of Dargo, radar shows busy cell passing to the E.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Who's Online
15 registered (chapo, Renee09, gleno71, pwa54, Quagmelson, WANDJINA G'vale, Homer, Jimi, ol mate, wet sky, Knot, GringosRain, 3 invisible), 324 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Forum Stats
29471 Members
32 Forums
23797 Topics
1476828 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image