Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tropical and Central Australia
Yes it did lurker, watched the line from about 4-5pm moving east, to die and slip north right on the coast. Was hoping to pick something decent up tonight, nothing else on the horizon after tonight. upper ross had a nice heavy shower over it.
Looks pretty wild over Dimbulah right now. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hroODIJjbzMlBo6iqj3xKo7-vdQ3Zqj9/view?usp=drivesdk
There's this funny noise on the roof..... Must be that teeny weeny little bit of whatever that I can only *just* see on the radar. :-/ Edit: it's still sort of sprinkling lightly and getting lighter, but whatever it was was enough for the VAST TV to
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Stratospheric sudden warmings (SSWs) by marakai @ Yesterday at 23:52

Originally Posted By: snowboobyIt's interesting to me to ask in what way do they exist - a sort of inferred existence? which is only manifest through an effect on a medium? Bringing this back to atmospherics -I'm tempted to believe, though not absol
Will the rain eating radar operate at full capacity tonight?
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Stratospheric sudden warmings (SSWs) by snowbooby @ Yesterday at 22:32

It's interesting to me to ask in what way do they exist - a sort of inferred existence? which is only manifest through an effect on a medium? Bringing this back to atmospherics -I'm tempted to believe, though not absolutely certain, that planetary w
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Stratospheric sudden warmings (SSWs) by Seira @ Yesterday at 22:03

Originally Posted By: SeiraOriginally Posted By: PetrosSorry - I thought that you thought that they dont actually exist. ....and by "immaterial" - I dont recommend you go putting your testicles into a strong mag field. What sort of response is desi
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Rainbow Spirit @ Yesterday at 21:50

I wasn't home today, I was working near Mt Druitt, I got some short sharp falls but nothing spectacular. At home around 3:30pm I believe we got some light pea size hail. I just looked at the rain gauge and it had 15mm in it.
Marine
Jump to new posts Re: Crocs by marakai @ Yesterday at 21:45

Hardly endangered up that way, not as huge as they use to be anymore but the numbers are on the increase since I lived up there. https://www.facebook.com/ABCDarwin/videos/10156585191434873/
Originally Posted By: Simmo FNQOriginally Posted By: RonfishesYes feels a little stormy up here today Simmo, can see that blob on the radar from over here at Amaroo. You are just down the road from me RF. I am 4km down Emerald End Rd. Thought we w
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Lani @ Yesterday at 20:34

Itís a hard one to answer. Lots of farmers have dams, they just all dried up in this last dry. It really was exceptionally dry. Some people could use an extra dam, some could do with a hay shed for storage, some just need the hay to fill the shed lol
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Warwick Eye2Sky @ Yesterday at 20:23

Not much here on the west end today. Just a brief shower. The eastern side of Warwick received a chunky, heavier shower earlier today. Some rumbles heard to our west and north late evening. A humid day out here on the Downs for sure.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Kazz63 @ Yesterday at 20:07

Originally Posted By: LaniNo, just lightning and some good thunder. In saying that it went red on the radar as it got past Bell and they put a severe warning on that cell so hopefully itís not too bad for you. We are lovely and green, grass is short
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Lani @ Yesterday at 20:03

No, just lightning and some good thunder. In saying that it went red on the radar as it got past Bell and they put a severe warning on that cell so hopefully itís not too bad for you. We are lovely and green, grass is short but growing well. Horses a
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Mad Elf #1.5 @ Yesterday at 19:50

Still crawling along on Stapy. Might get a sniff.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Kazz63 @ Yesterday at 19:49

Originally Posted By: Lani16mm this afternoon. Much wind in it ? and how is your water supply now Lani? Still a long way to go? Well its still a bit windy and noisy outside but we only hve the top end of it and i think it's slipping South of us. I
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Lani @ Yesterday at 19:31

16mm this afternoon.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Mad Elf #1.5 @ Yesterday at 19:29

Yea, gona die in the bum leaving the range. Looks great on Stapy, atm.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Kazz63 @ Yesterday at 19:21

Originally Posted By: Mad Elf #1.5Amazing slow moving near Oakey, must be getting a good drink. That's what happens with little shear steering. Structure still working so its moving enough? Hmm that was the bigger one I was looking at. Yep we can see
Originally Posted By: RonfishesYes feels a little stormy up here today Simmo, can see that blob on the radar from over here at Amaroo. You are just down the road from me RF. I am 4km down Emerald End Rd. Thought we were in for a chance around 1pm
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Mike HauberWhy might the models be forecasting warm/el nino conditions to be long lived? First the western warm pool is at near record values. Usually western warm pool peaks during the transition from cool ENSO to el nino, an
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Rainy period Tues 9thOct'18 -18thOct'18 by Petros @ Yesterday at 18:57

Yep - looking cool in the outlook, ...and the odd bit of moisture - but nothing significant looming next 8 days?
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Sidney @ Yesterday at 18:44

Yeah i could hear the rumbles from that cell all the way up here.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Snowmaker @ Yesterday at 18:39

That black cored cell is heading straight for me now. I am about 5km east of Bowral
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Mad Elf #1.5 @ Yesterday at 18:16

Amazing slow moving near Oakey, must be getting a good drink. Thats what happens with little shear steering. Structure still working so its moving enough?
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Who's Online
1 registered (Bundy), 52 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
bradmac, Eager2beastormchaser, Go The Cows, Roland
Forum Stats
29681 Members
32 Forums
23978 Topics
1500734 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image