Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Found this nice flyover of Debbie from yesterday. Cyclone Debbie from the ISS (06:28Z, Mar 26) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxNl3RJ0Cgo&feature=youtu.be
SBT that's gold.
No the police didn't have to force anyone to evacuate. 99.9% realised the danger and left. I have been asked several times what its like in a strong cyclone. So here goes Picture this. Park your car under the heaviest water fall in Australia whi
Originally Posted By: Ahab So no forced evacuations? Only advised to get out Mackay Regional Council 2 hours ago. Please check where your house is and what zone it is in using these inundation maps. Please note, this is NOT an order to evacuate.
Originally Posted By: camtsvOriginally Posted By: AKM80Why are BOM so intent on a sharper track to the west south west when clearly it has not done so? its doing so know So it is, my bad......
Originally Posted By: FNQOriginally Posted By: TempestOriginally Posted By: FNQOriginally Posted By: WANDJINA G'valeNot feeling good about the Mackay situation - they gonna be hammered Why don't you just scare people mate. Some comments on this fo
I'll be a first to give a HUGE THANKS to all those involved in getting ready to assist with this event. SES , ERGON, DEFENCE FORCE , and to all staff at police,abmo's,fire and hospital and to all volunteers who will be helping out those affected and
Originally Posted By: TempestOriginally Posted By: FNQOriginally Posted By: WANDJINA G'valeNot feeling good about the Mackay situation - they gonna be hammered Why don't you just scare people mate. Some comments on this forum are very insensitive
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by whatscracken @ 13 minutes 9 seconds ago

All the best TeeCee. Stay safe!
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by Cybermouse @ 13 minutes 23 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: pkgjmgOriginally Posted By: LunarAnyone see those mad buggers staying in the caravan park at Airlie Beach?! it's people like them that make me bloody mad! people did this during Yasi too! Ahhh, there bullet proof dont you kn
I'm high on a hill overlooking the ocean in Airlie/Cannonvale - VERY strong gusts coming through with the tops being blown of the gum trees- by the looks of it we may well cop a direct hit - I'll update when I can. Stay Safe. TeeCee
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by Rainbow Spirit @ 14 minutes 21 seconds ago

I was with the NSW SES in Cardwell helping out after Yasi, and the local SES controller told me she would never again willingly stay in the path of a cyclone. It was just too nerve racking she said, what with the house shaking and groaning, and the n
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting by ThD Ht @ 16 minutes 26 seconds ago

got one big rumble at edwardstown and a brief 30second shower, came home to .3mm in the guage. wednesday still looking to be a bit better rainwise. TH
Originally Posted By: LunarOriginally Posted By: TSVWeatherNerdOriginally Posted By: pkgjmgOriginally Posted By: LunarAnyone see those mad buggers staying in the caravan park at Airlie Beach?! it's people like them that make me bloody mad! people d
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by Cold Change @ 18 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: RaindammitOriginally Posted By: dormantThanks for the track scans, RD, very visually informing, more than words. Here's the 100 scans to 6:00pm: Awesome thank you
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by TSVWeatherNerd @ 19 minutes 13 seconds ago

It's almost bang on west at the moment and has been for about an hour, albeit slowly.
Originally Posted By: TSVWeatherNerdOriginally Posted By: pkgjmgOriginally Posted By: LunarAnyone see those mad buggers staying in the caravan park at Airlie Beach?! it's people like them that make me bloody mad! people did this during Yasi too!
Tropical and Central Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Central Coast & Whitsundays Wet Season - March 2017 by Tempest @ 19 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: camtsvanyone got a live stream up and running down there? I was just about to ask the same question
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by Cybermouse @ 19 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Davey440Not sur if anyone is interested, but the International Space Station is flying down the QLD coastline tomorrow morning at about 6:30am. It has cameras on the outside of it, so you would be able to get a quick live view o
Originally Posted By: AKM80Why are BOM so intent on a sharper track to the west south west when clearly it has not done so? its doing so now
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by Cold Change @ 20 minutes 27 seconds ago

Awesome. Thank you
Really weird lighting effects in Townsville tonight as the sun goes down. Lemon/golden/yellow amazing clouds .. tried a photo but need better camera ...
Why are BOM so intent on a sharper track to the west south west when clearly it has not done so? They have stated WSW in the last two updates but the track map shows SW instead!
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by TSVWeatherNerd @ 22 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: pkgjmgOriginally Posted By: LunarAnyone see those mad buggers staying in the caravan park at Airlie Beach?! it's people like them that make me bloody mad! people did this during Yasi too! Yeah, especially since a standard pa
Tropical and Central Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Central Coast & Whitsundays Wet Season - March 2017 by camtsv @ 23 minutes 26 seconds ago

anyone got a live stream up and running down there?
Page 1 of 141 1 2 3 ... 140 141 >
Who's Online
126 registered (meedee, Hurricane force, Moldy, Ningergirl, rainbeam, dormant, slipperyfish, Rain Whisperer, Foehn Correspondent, Pama, JimmyGray, Perfect Storm, mad mick, terawatt, camtsv, ozone doug, LightningGus, Willraja, SinVokA, adxdopefish, mouldy, pkgjmg, Raindammit, Aussea, Rhubarb, james1977, red earth, coralview, Kezza34, Thunderstruck, SnowedIn, willitrainagain, breezy04, Keethy, aloahjay, Kat_, hanksy, FNQ, Island viewer, Turbo Taxi, Bundy, kathrynsview, gecko, thecatandme, The_Spook, synopig, Weary, Blondie72, KarrathaGirl, Snappy, Davey440, sbThommo, justme, Hagrid, bradcq, Buzz Buzz, gwebb, Steven, Cold Change, mysteriousbrad, Hailin, Jimi, SBT, one drop, Rainheart, AKM80, TeeCee, Chookie, dizzigirl1, Purnong, marakai, Tropical Desert, Ollieo, whatscracken, Grazina Ajana, Cyclone_Tim_, Markus, Leebie3, Brett Guy, Dribbles, nthqlndr, ayrfam, bundybear, Tel, tag, StormQueen, DarrylS, Miss T, Dawgggg, shell, sitting down, Zena, drivenunder, gwilli, mabel, Adele, Nick Sykes, Swigman, Tempest, Tailwind, show_me_weather, Sbv72, former_qlder, F5, GrannyK, Squeako_88, Delix, stormwary, Popeye, Red Watch, explorer, rainiac, Mad Elf #1.5, FoggyNights, OICU812, Fairdinkum, Teunvm, TSVWeatherNerd, mitasol, GringosRain, Sepo, pete28, 4 invisible), 675 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Jamar, jimi747, Zephyr
Forum Stats
29193 Members
32 Forums
23562 Topics
1444922 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image