Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by BrightonBreeze @ Yesterday at 23:05

Some good information there! I'm not a huge fan of this frosty cold weather, however will be very keen to see what Saturday morning brings that's for sure! Minimum of -3.4C this morning and exactly -3.4C yesterday morning.. funny really to have
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by Snowies @ Yesterday at 22:40

SAM is a hard variable to pin down. Some studies have shown that the SAM exerts the greatest influence of peak snow depth on the Alps - it has also been shown to significantly enhance rain from orographic lifting over the Alps when in the -ve phase.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Seabreeze @ Yesterday at 22:23

There was morning rain here, with 2.2mm in the 24hrs to 9am and 2.0mm since 9am. It has otherwise been a mostly cloudy day. Tomorrow should be an overcast, damp day.
Southern Western Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Perth and WA day to day weather by desieboy @ Yesterday at 22:04

High moving eastwards across the Bight going to bring lots of cold Easterly tonight.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by gleno71 @ Yesterday at 21:59

Thanks everyone for the kind words re my pics, Colin Maitland Hopefull Seabreeze Homer WaveRider Definitely warmer conditions in the SE at the moment.
South Australia
Going by the Port Pirie and Snowtown rainfall obs, I'd expect some solid falls in the southern flinders and upper mid north come 9am at places like Wirrabara Forest, Melrose, Bundaleer etc. I'm confident of 20-30mm falls somewhere up there in the ran
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Donzah @ Yesterday at 21:25

Originally Posted By: DaveMBom forecast for here Saturday morning now -7 and I will be away that day!! brisk.. Love neg 7. My fave temperature
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Mad Elf #1.5 @ Yesterday at 21:13

Its been damn warm all week, even the Mulberry tree is sprouting. Hoping for a good wash & soaking. Drove up from Sydney using coast road on sunday, sooo greeeen. Yeah DDStorm & O.D just looked at BOM forecast, precip upgrade. Wouldnt mind a bit of
General Weather
Not ruling any weather/climate features/dynamics out...just considering the possibilities, none of which guarantee anything either which way...it's my views without any references, which like anyone else voicing their views on here, makes it my opini
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Homer @ Yesterday at 20:56

It's "coldish" Steve, but it's been colder lately at this time of night. The cloud is certainly keeping a lid on things somewhat. Currently 10.4 deg's. The rain has ceased. I'm still looking forward to a bit of weather on Friday.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Possible showery cold weather from 23/6 - 30/6 by liberator @ Yesterday at 20:13

Not much better to the east of you CA. We've "Officially' had 2.2 mm. But that's made up of 11 days of 0.2mm each day. No idea how that happens? Dew running down the inside of the rain gauge? There has been no "real" rain until last Sunday. Unofficia
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: which one more important in temperature by Stevo_vo @ Yesterday at 19:58

Originally Posted By: retired weather manThe official temperature used for everyday use and research is the actual temperature not the ' feels like ' one. thank you we had -6C 3 years ago in warwick QLD but deniliquin never had -6C before there area
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Word Association Game by rainiac @ Yesterday at 19:41

yum
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by TonyO @ Yesterday at 19:19

Thanks Kev, I agree Yep cool/mild Westerly winds can occur in a negative SAM, but at least it improves chances of cold fronts pushing through!!
Victoria
Amazing CA! Played golf in unusually dry and dead calm conditions for this time of year today, had some sunny breaks during the arvo taking us to 15C at one stage.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ Yesterday at 18:56

It's a cold (for Sydney) damp night with stars and a crescent Moon. There might be some heavy fog tomorrow morning (and later tonight) unless the solid overcast comes back, which, judging by forecast minima, isn't expected.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by ozone doug @ Yesterday at 18:34

Hope so, Chance of a storm out here tomorrow would be good.Forecast 10 to 20 mm Here .
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Namarrkun @ Yesterday at 18:33

Originally Posted By: DDstormSeems pretty quiet here, forecast has possible thunderstorm and no one excited. Am I missing something?? i'm praying for nothing, i'm pulling the roof off a house tomorrow for an extension, need to get trusses done and ta
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by TWEEDSTORM @ Yesterday at 17:53

Our body clocks have put us into the deep winter sleep mate despite the unusual warmth . .who knows maybe a surprise crack of thunder tomorrow how good would that be Goldie south and west in with a chance
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Teddy @ Yesterday at 17:52

Originally Posted By: DaveMHey Teddy - I think Boggabilla has the pub in town called the "wobbly boot" for real!!! Really lol, sadly Boggabilla is behind us now and we are enjoying Queensland hospitality and warmth... Teddy
Victoria
Mate, that is bldy dry for June !!
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by samboz @ Yesterday at 17:33

Thanks Kev, can you assist as to location pls
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by DDstorm @ Yesterday at 17:32

Seems pretty quiet here, forecast has possible thunderstorm and no one excited. Am I missing something??
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Homer @ Yesterday at 17:19

Originally Posted By: DaveMBom forecast for here Saturday morning now -7 and I will be away that day!! That's quite an extraordinary min forecast for Bathurst!!
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by yep @ Yesterday at 17:16

A negative SAM can just as equally mean mild windy westerly weather with embedded fronts, not guaranteed to produce a cold outbreak? I am not sure whether I like that. I have a preference for quick follow up high pressure moving in after a marked fro
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 ... 15 16 >
Who's Online
2 registered (Stevo_vo, ThD Ht), 290 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Luke-wx, siebrand, Weather Freak1
Forum Stats
29298 Members
32 Forums
23627 Topics
1454366 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image