Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT Heatwave burst Jan 18-23 2018 by Knot @ 4 minutes 22 seconds ago

Agree about the el ninoesque weather at moment Gringo. Hmm. Drivers we don't fully understand I guess. Oceanic circulation and water salinity maybe. I have posted the following excerpt from a 2005 article by an Australian glacier boffin named Burrows
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT Heatwave burst Jan 18-23 2018 by Steve777 @ 18 minutes 44 seconds ago

Just came back from watering the garden. The Azaleas have been badly affected by the heat and relative dryness. ------ Sydney Airport recorded 13.3 hours of sunshine on Friday and 13.1 hours yesterday. The 13.3 is as high as I remember seeing for S
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Jump to new posts Re: QLD Tropical Cyclone Season 2017/2018 by Chris Stumer @ 20 minutes 3 seconds ago

There is also a big blocking high to the south which should steer anything west.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT Heatwave burst Jan 18-23 2018 by EddyG @ 21 minutes 49 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: GringosRain but the conditions have been much more El nino than La nina of late. Basically it would seem we are having the exact opposite of the conditions you would expect, so thats what I was referring too. The sea breeze
Tropical and Central Australia
6mm here, wouldn't want to be a forecaster atm lol.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT Heatwave burst Jan 18-23 2018 by Knot @ 31 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: KnotOnly 3/4 to go till full tilt. Duh! I mean 84% not 75% till solstice. Seabreeze picked up again. More of an easterly. Still refreshing.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT Heatwave burst Jan 18-23 2018 by GringosRain @ 37 minutes 25 seconds ago

well....everybody is right! Reminds me of those things too, but the conditions have been much more El nino than La nina of late. Basically it would seem we are having the exact opposite of the conditions you would expect, so thats what I was referr
Victoria
Woken up at 730 with big fat rain drops on the roof. Few drops since. Wind back to ENE and temp 28.4c DP 10.6c.
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by yep @ 46 minutes 37 seconds ago

It used to be rare to get a 40-degree day in Tasmania. Maybe not so much anymore, BOM is increasing the chances by adding more sites to its network. But I think its still exciting to see a place go down to a 40-degree day especially older places. Ina
The models differ too DU. CMC and GFS say 300mm over the next 10 days. EC and Access way way less. I really hope CMC and GFS have this because it would be awesome for the catchments from townsville north.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT Heatwave burst Jan 18-23 2018 by Knot @ 56 minutes 58 seconds ago

Well we around 16% in our tilt away from Sol now. Only 3/4 to go till full tilt. So much weather to happen in that small time frame. This weather kind of reminds me of Easter. Warmer in daytime than around that time. But nights of late reek of early
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT Heatwave burst Jan 18-23 2018 by Wave Rider @ Today at 10:15

Originally Posted By: GringosRainGees......high daytime temps, low humidity and cool nights. Remind you of anything? Reminds me of spring. Am I right? And yes donna weather too lol. 12.6C here so another cold night.
Victoria
Overcast with mild humid NE'ly here, unusual to have breeze from that direction this early in the day.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT Heatwave burst Jan 18-23 2018 by EddyG @ Today at 09:58

Originally Posted By: GringosRainGees......high daytime temps, low humidity and cool nights. Remind you of anything? Yeah bloody doona weather!! seven nights in a row and counting. At least the sea breeze isn't a gale.
Is the forecast good for the next few weeks? I keep hearing conflicting reports...
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT Heatwave burst Jan 18-23 2018 by Wave Rider @ Today at 09:53

Originally Posted By: KnotSlight northerly puff this morning which tempered the onite temp a bit. Shouldnt take much to get nor easter going. Not much to overcome with no big gradients around to drive a strong nor wester. Thank goodness. Looks like R
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT Heatwave burst Jan 18-23 2018 by DerekHV @ Today at 09:46

Originally Posted By: Steve777This forecast from Weather.com indicates a cooldown at the end of the month: Parramatta 15 Day forecaast For Parramatta, for example, temps are forecast to range around about 20-33 each day until the 30th (some days
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT Heatwave burst Jan 18-23 2018 by Steve777 @ Today at 09:27

This forecast from Weather.com indicates a cooldown at the end of the month: Parramatta 15 Day forecaast For Parramatta, for example, temps are forecast to range around about 20-33 each day until the 30th (some days hotter) with NE'ers and not m
Definitely stand a chance of using nearly half our quota over the next few weeks, we are already about 8 down this year
NSW / ACT
Slight northerly puff this morning which tempered the onite temp a bit. Shouldnt take much to get nor easter going. Not much to overcome with no big gradients around to drive a strong nor wester. Thank goodness. Looks like Riverina focus of biggest m
Originally Posted By: Simmo FNQ4mm here so far. This is nearly the longest stint of not really seeing the sun since being in Mareeba and with no sunny days anytime soon. Will be interesting to see how much rain we get over the next 10 days. Massive
4mm here so far. This is nearly the longest stint of not really seeing the sun since being in Mareeba and with no sunny days anytime soon. Will be interesting to see how much rain we get over the next 10 days. Massive variances between models.
Originally Posted By: drivenunderAll that rain at sea...what a waste. Literally...what a waste - surely that rain serves no valuable purpose out there! Well I don't think we will see any bleaching this year.LOl 127mm here this morn A beautiful
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Jump to new posts Re: QLD Tropical Cyclone Season 2017/2018 by Inclement Weather @ Today at 08:44

Originally Posted By: Chris StumerACCESS is throwing up an interesting scenario towards the end of January with two lows in the Coral Sea and two lows in the Indian Ocean. Yes, Chris, but the mid-level amplifying trough at the end of the run would
128mm Am truly sick of this rain, have things to do that I've put off once that involve driving over floodable roads in a small hatchback, grrr
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 ... 32 33 >
Who's Online
8 registered (Knot, aussiestormfreak, mysteriousbrad, davida, gberg, zobubble, 2 invisible), 305 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
C74's Wife (aka Cher), Hakatere, krammy
Forum Stats
29471 Members
32 Forums
23796 Topics
1476669 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image