Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Hopefull @ 4 minutes 18 seconds ago

Thanks Timbuck Fascinating Sport. Today reminds me of my Pre-teen years in the sixties when we would fly kites we built ourselves over Riverview Park in South Lismore We lost a few in the river in those incredible westerlies of that era.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Wet Low impacting Tuesday 15th-Sat 19th Aug. by Ruckle @ 13 minutes 1 second ago

Some wet flakes in amongst the squally rain shower we just had.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Timbuck @ 18 minutes 29 seconds ago

Hi hopeful. Cool to hear you have moved to toowoomba. Nice part of the world ... And my most watched weather station due to our sport. This year has been very very ordinary for westerlies. The normal light 5 to 10 knts but not many big s
General Weather
In 2016 there was so much heat left over from the El Nino that La Nina couldn't form and the effects of the El Nino were felt right through to early 2017. Once all the left over heat has been dissipated, a La Ninalike pattern could form.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by retired weather man @ Today at 08:14

Wynnum Nth average dew point last 24 hours minus 4.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Hopefull @ Today at 08:12

Looking at the latest EC charts the pattern seems to be moving away (even if temporarily) from the huge southern lows and howling westerlies to a more gentle type of setup. It probably does not work every year but I have always thought that getting l
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by What's up Skip @ Today at 07:47

Originally Posted By: retired weather manWynnum North- current humidity 11%, dew point minus -8C. Looks like I found the limit of my current outdoor T/H sensor. Wouldn't go below a solid line of 15% RH. At first I thought it had stopped transmittin
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by What's up Skip @ Today at 07:40

Originally Posted By: Megahttp://satview.bom.gov.au Zoom into QLD. Can see all the fires burning. Can also see the one on the Sunny Coast on radar. I have seen haze/smog to the south of Palm Beach/Elanora for about 2 weeks or so. May be not every
General Weather
I would also say it's cooling. But Mike has a point, it did do similar things 2 years ago. I don't think we are going into a massive La Niņa and we are certainly not going into a monster Elnino. The SST anom loop that put up was really interesting in
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: SidneyOriginally Posted By: MorhamAny snow forecast for katoomba tomorrow? Might head up! Love this bone chilling wind!! Sure would be cold enough but tommorow would also be bone dry. Chances are slim to none. Early morning y
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: Minimum temperatures at Goulburn by Kino @ Yesterday at 23:44

Originally Posted By: SeiraOriginally Posted By: KinoOriginally Posted By: SeiraThe whole point my involvement in this thread was to take adjustments with a grain of salt. Others can make up their own minds, whatever they want to believe, whatever bi
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: MorhamAny snow forecast for katoomba tomorrow? Might head up! Love this bone chilling wind!! Sure would be cold enough but tommorow would also be bone dry. Chances are slim to none.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: Minimum temperatures at Goulburn by Seira @ Yesterday at 23:05

Originally Posted By: KinoOriginally Posted By: SeiraThe whole point my involvement in this thread was to take adjustments with a grain of salt. Others can make up their own minds, whatever they want to believe, whatever biases they think might exist
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Seabreeze @ Yesterday at 22:38

Looking pretty miserable down there Ken, enjoy. This afternoon's Sat image from Weatherzone Layers (4pm) suggests it was smoke in the Lockyer Valley / Ipswich area, which was coming from a fire north of Inglewood. You can also see the smoke from th
NSW / ACT
Any snow forecast for katoomba tomorrow? Might head up! Love this bone chilling wind!!
NSW / ACT
Just dropped a degree to 0.6 at Mt Boyce with precipitation- probably snow. There's a blue blob on the radar passing over Lithgow, just missing Blackheath - maybe snowing in Lithgow (about 920m) too, or if not there, almost certainly on the higher co
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by ozthunder @ Yesterday at 21:58

Originally Posted By: Kino https://vimeo.com/230087169 Quick video of 50 knot gusts with an interesting vorticity coming off the lake just to my right! Check it out, any thoughts what it is??? Defin associated with a savage increase in winds. Anyo
Tropical and Central Australia
I think the dry season has finally arrived!
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Australian Politics by Red Watch @ Yesterday at 21:47

Originally Posted By: RCThey were not born in Australia Mega, that is the difference. Some commentators even think they jumped the gun and should have sought clarification. But being senators they knew their role would simply fall automatically to
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Lewis @ Yesterday at 21:46

Originally Posted By: Nature's FuryIs the haze over Brisbane a small dust storm or just smoke from the fires? Hard to tell from the look/smell. To me it looked more like smoke. I was driving into it from a distance (Wivenhoe/Somerset-ish area into
NSW / ACT
Snowing nicely now and settling .
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: SA - Series of cold fronts August 16-19 2017 by betsuin @ Yesterday at 20:49

Originally Posted By: StormCaptureI should make it as only need 5.8mm Well the next one looks a little promising - GFS as well:
NSW / ACT
Mt Trickett should be good in the morning !
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: Possible low snow 7th August 2017 by Cheers @ Yesterday at 20:37

Yep, my mistake !
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: Possible low snow 7th August 2017 by Steve777 @ Yesterday at 20:28

Originally Posted By: CheersMt Trickett will be good tomorrow morning ! Wrong thread.
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 ... 29 30 >
Who's Online
4 registered (Homer, Ronfishes, Hopefull, Colin Maitland), 292 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Blinky_Bill, Blue Sky, cmonrain, hydzy79, Simon Clarke, V8R
Forum Stats
29343 Members
32 Forums
23661 Topics
1458656 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image