Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Long Road Home @ 11 seconds ago

Pretty windy on the coast and feels like a lot of the energy has been taken out of the atmosphere with these weaker earlier cells going up.
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by Kino @ 17 minutes 23 seconds ago

Apparently there've been a few only 40 or so years ago - check this out https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-1...acebook_Organic Note some great video of damage as well as old media articles about east coast tsunamis.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Wight @ 28 minutes 21 seconds ago

Getting the occasional rumble from that patch west of Caboolture.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Quagmelson @ Today at 12:42

Its firing up nicely again. A few strong updrafts shot up about 45mins ago to my nw at work. Better viewing today with lots of blue sky about. Its so muggy. Sweats dripping as i type. Also if note, have seen 3 funnel webs on the farm last 2 days, the
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Belgarad @ Today at 11:48

I know it's a long ways out yet, but I am really hoping that cool change doesn't push through the Gold Coast too early next wednesday like the latest run suggests .
General Weather
Interesting the forecast rainfall is like groundhog day in Queensland. The same areas forecast to get it.
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by duckweather @ Today at 11:06

Hi folks. Yes BIG T, New Caledonia's quakes is indicative of the concerted energy still lurking in the Pacific atm. There is so much history of tsunami and quake incidents which are interesting to discover. I am sure there is more to come [history i
SE QLD / NE NSW
All this rain barely made a dent in the levels of our major dams. Wivenhoe dam level only increased 22cm out of this event.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Ken Kato @ Today at 10:29

Originally Posted By: Nature's FuryWell this morning is a surprise. This isn't a shower, there's a lot of light rain and it's struggling to show on radar. Based on today's conditions we could see this all day. Not really a surprise. This commonly ha
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Change discussion is banned?? by snowbooby @ Today at 10:19

We can all find links to stuff that is suspect. Why make reference to it if you couldn't defend it yourself if required? I think that's a pretty good standard to start with.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: Nature's FuryWell this morning is a surprise. This isn't a shower, there's a lot of light rain and it's struggling to show on radar. Based on today's conditions we could see this all day. Clouds bringing the rain were very low
Tropical and Central Australia
At the risk of jinxing it I have a good feeling for some storms today. Steering is good. Chances are they will be north and south of me as usual. Also a fairly good October start to the storm season on the tablelands with Mareeba AP and, from reports
The tally is slowly building 20mm on the weekend and 10mm last night. A bit more today( fingers crossed) and hopefully the grass will start to grow.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by retired weather man @ Today at 08:47

WYNNUM NORTH - WEATHER DATE..187 OCT 2018 TIME..0735 CURRENT TEMPERATURE......21.8C CURRENT HUMIDITY...........90% CURRENT DEW POINT..........20C CURRENT WIND DIR/SPEED.....NE 8Kph CURRENT MSL PRESSURE......1017.8HpA CURRENT VISIBILITY........1
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: humidity and dew point by retired weather man @ Today at 08:42

Originally Posted By: PetrosKarlW, google yourself up an AIRAH Psychrometric chart and print it out. Invaluable. Or look up https://www.kwangu.com.work/psychrometric.htm - and fill in temp and RH ( or DP ) and the rest is displayed for you.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Rainy period Tues 9thOct'18 -18thOct'18 by samboz @ Today at 08:27

Finished up with 33mm in the gauge, 32mm out of about an hours storm. Bright sunny day, scattered cloud here today with just a lightish breeze that went from almost South to North earlier.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Nature's Fury @ Today at 08:23

Well this morning is a surprise. This isn't a shower, there's a lot of light rain and it's struggling to show on radar. Based on today's conditions we could see this all day.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ Today at 08:10

Storm bird screeching away this morning, hopefully a sign of a stormy arvo!
largely missed out here just enough to settle Dust, but not enough for Mud!
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Rainbow Spirit @ Today at 07:41

We got 11mm here from the storms yesterday and overnight, now totaling 140mm for the month, the weeds are flourishing!
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by TWEEDSTORM @ Today at 07:25

We either have to do a lot of driving to see a disorganised storm or wait until next Wednesday Gleno.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by gleno71 @ Today at 07:16

Yeah even the mention of storms have been taken off the Brisbane forecast now, i'm pretty sure they had chance of storms every day from Saturday onwards.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by TWEEDSTORM @ Today at 07:08

Few onshore showers again here this morning which will bump up the humidity as the day goes on.The remnants of that ECL sure has done as good job of spoiling all the storm potential for us this week pushing a southeasterly ridge over our region day a
40deg here today with dry Easterly winds and a huge fire has been burning south east of Broome for the last week. Smoke in town yesterday was terrible and visibility down to about 1 km . Already burnt out half a million hectares. DFES in
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Long Road Home @ Yesterday at 23:56

Shall be interesting, I'm prepping for a chase day just in case. Trough will be closer
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 ... 45 46 >
Who's Online
8 registered (Lee@Hazo, Wight, Stormwalker, Sillybanter, ashestoashes, Quagmelson, Simmo FNQ, 1 invisible), 109 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
sharjay
Forum Stats
29681 Members
32 Forums
23978 Topics
1500670 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image