Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by J Pabo @ 1 minute 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: KinoGood point, it sure looks like dust being sucked in from inland with this dry hot airmass? In Singo, we are used to dust. But ours is usually black.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Driver Discussion 2017 (Enso, IOD, PDO ,SAM etc) by Mike Hauber @ 18 minutes 1 second ago

Anyway I had come to this thread to post this interesting image in regards to the issue of enhanced high pressure near Australia and Mega's question about what may be causing it, but allowed myself to be sidetracked... Typical pressure pattern in
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Nature's Fury @ 26 minutes 13 seconds ago

Hope you all enjoyed the storms today. No rain in sight for the next 2 weeks.
General Weather
Ugh - Don't know why that GFS pic won't resize on here; it is on Imagur. Sorry folks.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Driver Discussion 2017 (Enso, IOD, PDO ,SAM etc) by ColdFront @ 37 minutes 2 seconds ago

Unfortunately last time I looked GFS was modelling nth westerlies for the next fortnight. Hot and mostly dry then if it were to play out .
General Weather
Both GFS and EC with the classic NW tail: Hopefully this resolves better with the arvo runs.
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting by teckert @ 38 minutes 59 seconds ago

Going by GFS I'd say our chances were between about 9pm and midnight. Going by EC I'd say more likely 3am-6am.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Driver Discussion 2017 (Enso, IOD, PDO ,SAM etc) by ColdFront @ 39 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: KinoOriginally Posted By: ColdFrontCold neutral sure is playing out in the atmosphere at the moment. Steady as she goes. Yep, the good ol' clanger what/who comes first? Chicken/egg? This will be a good case study IF SOI dro
General Weather
I have read this thread for years and enjoyed the input from a number of posters. I don't much like this thread now.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: Nature's FuryReally bizarre. According to the radar we're under the black west of Brisbane but there's only a few drops of rain and light wind. Spoke too soon. Good dump of rain and some pea-sized hail. There would have been s
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Driver Discussion 2017 (Enso, IOD, PDO ,SAM etc) by ColdFront @ 43 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: RCThose storms around Brisbane are normal for this time of year. Yes, in a normal year. They don't happen without moisture in the air and that has been lacking the last few months as pointed out by a number of people in the re
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Driver Discussion 2017 (Enso, IOD, PDO ,SAM etc) by Mike Hauber @ 43 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: KinoOriginally Posted By: Mike HauberSo what was the religious zeal you were accusing me of if not AGW then? Well, unless you're admitting that you are trying to shut this thread down by trolling it with a religious zeal; then
General Weather
Those storms around Brisbane are normal for this time of year.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Driver Discussion 2017 (Enso, IOD, PDO ,SAM etc) by Mike Hauber @ 45 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ColdFront Can we get back to discussing theory again? The thread has survived beyond the closure of the AGW rot because agenda based tripe was excluded. We can get back to discussing theory if people stop attacking me as a p
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: Nature's FuryReally bizarre. According to the radar we're under the black west of Brisbane but there's only a few drops of rain and light wind. I think Stappy has dreadfully overcooked the storm out your way... looking out tow
General Weather
Originally Posted By: ColdFrontCold neutral sure is playing out in the atmosphere at the moment. Steady as she goes. Yep, the good ol' clanger what/who comes first? Chicken/egg? This will be a good case study IF SOI drops and then action starts
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Mike HauberSo what was the religious zeal you were accusing me of if not AGW then? Well, unless you're admitting that you are trying to shut this thread down by trolling it with a religious zeal; then does it apply to you? I s
SE QLD / NE NSW
Continous thunder to our WNW, bugger all rain.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Some of the larger hail being reported from a few of the cells - this photo taken by Georgia Quinn at Walloon near Amberley and shared to facebook:
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Driver Discussion 2017 (Enso, IOD, PDO ,SAM etc) by Mike Hauber @ 53 minutes 28 seconds ago

So what was the religious zeal you were accusing me of if not AGW then?
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Driver Discussion 2017 (Enso, IOD, PDO ,SAM etc) by ColdFront @ 54 minutes 17 seconds ago

Cold neutral sure is playing out in the atmosphere at the moment. Steady as she goes.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Really bizarre. According to the radar we're under the black west of Brisbane but there's only a few drops of rain and light wind.
General Weather
Originally Posted By: ColdFront Can we get back to discussing theory again? The thread has survived beyond the closure of the AGW rot because agenda based tripe was excluded. Amen. Now I see next week, models are going for a decent thermal trough
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting by wrxflame @ 56 minutes 20 seconds ago

Thanks for the update TS I was wondering if it had vanished. Camera gear check and batteries charged just in case...
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Mike HauberOriginally Posted By: Kino I've never accused you of anything, Mike. I do disagree with many of your views on warming. Originally Posted By: Kino Sniping? Pointing out continuous trolling isn't sniping, it's stati
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 ... 25 26 >
Who's Online
14 registered (Sidney, Mad Elf #1.5, justme, J Pabo, A sunshower, Wave Rider, Foehn Correspondent, Timbuck, ozone doug, Befour, grayarea, SteveB93, joesk, Steve777), 323 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Andrew_C, Bindon, Leasy, Nikko, rainthisway, sutek, Tropicana
Forum Stats
29368 Members
32 Forums
23684 Topics
1462124 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image