Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Victoria
The cool change moved in around 20 minutes ago. We had a very late temperature spike beforehand, peaking at 28.6C at 11:18pm! Still around 24C atm, so the change is fairly weak.
Tropical and Central Australia
Originally Posted By: SBTModels produce possible scenarios, not what will happen, but what could happen. And this is the trap people fall into, they think what a model says this will happen and take it as gospel that a certain number of mms will fal
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Australian Politics by Red Watch @ Yesterday at 23:10

Immigrants don't pay for power.......what are you smoking Rob G ????????????????
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Nature's Fury @ Yesterday at 22:28

Originally Posted By: Squeako_88Maybe you made a mistake Nature's Fury and looked at Brisbane Airport Temperatues. It reached 30.3C in Brisbane CBD today so the streak continues. Ugh fell for that old Brisbane observations doesn't show the actua
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Squeako_88 @ Yesterday at 22:19

Maybe you made a mistake Nature's Fury and looked at Brisbane Airport Temperatues. It reached 30.3C in Brisbane CBD today so the streak continues.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Ken Kato @ Yesterday at 22:19

That run of Brisbane max temps of 30C or higher breaks the previous record of 19 consecutive days set back in 2002. There is a 24hr max temp missing on the 30th of last month but the max temp got above 30C that day in the 1-min temp data from the si
Wowsers 28 Reports of water spouts yesterday too. Seems to be a bit above avergae wet here DU
Originally Posted By: SBTModels produce possible scenarios, not what will happen, but what could happen. And this is the trap people fall into, they think what a model says this will happen and take it as gospel that a certain number of mms will fal
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Nature's Fury @ Yesterday at 22:11

Not sure if anyone caught this but today's 29 max marks the end of our epic 30+ streak. 25 days of 30+ for Brisbane stretching back to January 28. An amazing record.
Victoria
Getting noticeably cooler here in Belgrave, around 25C at the last check. The change is moving into Melbourne's west now, and should cross into our side of the Bay in around an hour or so. No storms or at least heavy rainfall with it sadly. But ho
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: 2016/2017 Bushfire season by samboz @ Yesterday at 21:52

asf - I contacted both CFA & BOM a last November, asked why the BOM didn't include days of TFB on their site. The reply from the BOM was along these lines - .........."Although rare, there may be times when one of these products is issued and not t
Well, that was a nice storm. Suddenly it stopped, and it's almost silent. Plenty of lightning, and the best thunder we've had in ages, lovely long deep rumbles that vibrate the house. Nothing scary though. 80 minutes of rain gave us 91mm. Reckon
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Knot @ Yesterday at 21:19

Toasty again today and the weather is about as exciting as watching golf
General Weather
Ok, rstewart84, probably worthy for a different thread but there is still all this warming in the northern pacific affecting our climate that has its origins, nobody seems to know. Fukushima happened nearly 6 years ago & now we are having intense nor
Originally Posted By: drivenunder.........as the rain really had been poor... I've have proper wets and this is barely an excuse for a wet season That's not true DU,- the long term average since 1941 (76 years) for the whole of Jan & Feb is 797.1
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: 2016/2017 Bushfire season by ThunderBob @ Yesterday at 20:59

Surprising - and pleasing - lack of serious fires today - a day with conditions in much of the State which could have proved problematic. Conditions in my area were very pleasant - warm but little, if any, wind.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by LightningGus @ Yesterday at 20:54

Nice sunsets the last few evenings with all this high cloud around. This arvo was no exception
Pretty boring alright DU!!. Let's hope March can deliver good rain for all of us. It is also approaching our peak TC time at the end of February/beginning of March, so hopefully, something happens. Weekly Climate Note
Victoria
Reached at 34c 5pm light winds Now warm at 8pm of 30c stable no winds. Dry cool change overnight help easy sleep.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Mega @ Yesterday at 20:22

Originally Posted By: Nature's FuryStill a huge tease though. 100-200 mm all along the Qld coast but most of it will fall just offshore. Don't think there will be falls that big, but I'm expecting more along the lines of widespread coastal showers
General Weather
You maybe onto something there Mad Elf re:international food suppliers running into trouble as result of the Fukushima damage that may also include seafood as well but its another subject for a different thread
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Ken Kato @ Yesterday at 20:03

Last summer overall was also pretty dry for our region and so was 2014 (which was exceptionally dry).
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Australian Politics by Brett Guy @ Yesterday at 19:59

Originally Posted By: -Cosmic- (naz)"Medicinal marijuana sale approved by Federal Government" Wow ! Bout time. Should help a lot of people
General Weather
Cheers Ozone Doug, I put it out there & peoples fascination with G.W. & C.C. affecting climate & its causes is realistically miniscule compared to the damage Fukushima will do to the Pacific Rim & Global. Sorry to put out there but I really worry abo
I thought it was already el nino...but i won't be surprised if it isn't as the rain really had been poor... I've have proper wets and this is barely an excuse for a wet season
Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 ... 51 52 >
Who's Online
2 registered (ThD Ht, Popeye), 275 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Sako338
Forum Stats
29077 Members
32 Forums
23498 Topics
1436949 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image