Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Jump to new posts Re: WA Tropical Cyclone Season 2018/2019 by CraigA74 @ Today at 00:38

Still early days but I see EC is showing a system forming in the GOC and heading west to pop out into the Indian Ocean towards the end of next week...... might have to extend my stay over this side of the country
Yer Blanched bombing up a bit in the last few hours must have found a bit more moisture to condense .Might be some good rain around Onslow to Exmouth tomorrow.tom.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: Autumn has arrived in NSW by ashestoashes @ Yesterday at 22:56

I wonder if anyone has got stats on what percentage of the State has hit the Autumn Break which is '25mm or more over a period of 3 days'. I feel like it's another important feature of Autumn.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: crikeyThanks RC . I will watch that you tube link. __________ Btw.l Checked out google re: name of rain type and nothing came up. But l did find the name of cloud type associated with todays rain dynamic.Nimbus stratus..Aca trou
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: Warloq01When is the strong southerly due to arrive, 3-4am? Still a sauna out here at the moment Southerly just south of Ballina at the moment.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Rainbow Spirit @ Yesterday at 22:19

Early days at the moment, but do I see the likely hood of some decent rain coming down that trough line from central Queensland? Fingers crossed for the upper Darling/Barwon rivers.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: Autumn has arrived in NSW by Steve777 @ Yesterday at 22:14

Here's an old thread that hasn't been used for a couple of years. We could post reflections and observations on the change of season and thoughts on the coming season here. I think that Autumn had arrived: - We had a dry W-SW change come through.
Ex-TC Veronica looking fairly decent on the Learmonth Radar at present. What an odd ball of a system.
SE QLD / NE NSW
When is the strong southerly due to arrive, 3-4am? Still a sauna out here at the moment
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Adaminaby Angler @ Yesterday at 21:28

Originally Posted By: Wave RiderYes it's so nice to have low humidity after such a humid summer in general. And looks like another round of dry westerly weather on Sunday. Wow sub freezing, just how cold did it get down to AA? Also I suspect it's
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Cyclone Model Accuracy by Knot @ Yesterday at 20:41

Something to celebrate then if the models were not too bad
Tropical and Central Australia
Good news Weary, thanks.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Better off looking at things on a local scale on the day ( Access R / Access C ) they were pretty much on the money today yeah?
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Lake Eyre Incoming by betsuin @ Yesterday at 20:24

26 Mar '19
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Wet Season - March 2019 by bundybear @ Yesterday at 20:16

I am getting more confident we will get wet. Contrails and mares tails in the sky today. Not saying we will get much but we normally get a bit when the sky has those signs.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by ashestoashes @ Yesterday at 20:15

That SW change really knocked out the humidity here as well the lowest Dewpoint so far this year was recorded this year with 5.7 degrees. Also the sun was really showing its weakening today, it was delightful to stand outside. Hoping the humidity com
New radars https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-26/n...ckspot/10940368
SE QLD / NE NSW
Nice Fail EC. Again I guess the obs will tell
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Wave Rider @ Yesterday at 19:38

Yes it's so nice to have low humidity after such a humid summer in general. And looks like another round of dry westerly weather on Sunday. Wow sub freezing, just how cold did it get down to AA? Also I suspect it's going to be a pretty chilly nigh
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Cyclone Model Accuracy by marakai @ Yesterday at 19:37

Quote:But you stick with the IPA. At least I provided sources and stuck to the actual topic...
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Lake Eyre Incoming by LDRcycles @ Yesterday at 19:34

Originally Posted By: warrieGeorgina River at Roxborough Downs at 8.87 m which is 4th highest flood in 45 years. Trevor has certainly delivered..... W Roxborough Downs has had a huge fall, 190mm since 9am yesterday! 162mm at Urandangi 111mm at The
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Cyclone Model Accuracy by marakai @ Yesterday at 19:34

Originally Posted By: KnotHow was the model accuracy regarding Trev and Ronnie? The nitty gritty if you please Pretty good actually Knot, a little disagreement on the eventual track upon landfall with some saying West or South for Trev but Bom nail
SE QLD / NE NSW
Once it hits the McPherson ranges, it will fizz or split to the NE
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD/NENSW Remnants of Ex-TC Trevor - 26th to 31st March 2019 by mammatus meestrus @ Yesterday at 19:17

another downgrade
SE QLD / NE NSW
So, anybody know what is actually going to happen overnight and tomorrow? Seems to me the cloud and rain are being blasted to the NE as usual by a massive deep SWesterly. Sure I can even see a bit of a pink glow in the western sky. Would love to wake
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 ... 35 36 >
Who's Online
2 registered (whatscracken, 1 invisible), 51 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Jamar, jimi747, Zephyr
Forum Stats
29901 Members
32 Forums
24120 Topics
1522538 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image