Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Chillagoe Creek is still dry. Owen is likely to miss us after all.
Going to Melbourne this weekend. Looks like I better take down the gazebo and trampoline just in case.
Return track is moving slightly north each update....
No rain for us in Darwin then...
SE QLD / NE NSW
Thanks for that link, it was very interesting reading.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Driver Discussion 2018 (Enso, IOD, PDO ,SAM etc) by Thunderstruck @ Yesterday at 23:40

The main thing which has been clear is that it hasn't been a normal +IOD. It's been a classic false +IOD where numbers might say one thing but the big picture might say another. The false positive mostly came from extreme and sudden warming off Afri
Tropical and Central Australia
Originally Posted By: marakai Weekend could be quite interesting huh ?. [img:center][/img] Yeah...that's right over Chillagoe. Don't know whether it's a good thing or a bad thing. Friday night, I'd much prefer daytime.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Wow, that is some awesome history lesson F.C., thanks for sharing. Great work. Seems to me abundant TC's and storms in our history & they will keep on coming!
Weekend could be quite interesting huh ?. [img:center][/img]
From this weeks tropical notes: Originally Posted By: BoMex-tropical cyclone Owen does re-develop, it could assist the evolution of the broadscale upper and lower wind patterns and generate a monsoonal flow. This could see monsoonal conditions devel
General Weather
So if we have one of the most active cyclone seasons in 50 years, what will the experts make of that then?
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: Chris StumerIt would be interesting to know what the history is regarding ex-TCs in SEQ. A interesting read here for some history of all cyclones and tropical lows off the east coast by Jeff Callaghan ex BOM. http://hardenup.
Victoria
Town near WA and SA boarder starting heavy trough thunderstorms as Front moving NE wards and a town had 44mm, very surprised enough moist out that way.
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Wet Season - December 2018 by bundybear @ Yesterday at 22:50

Originally Posted By: RCFlooding brings life though. Everyone around here a couple of weeks ago spent a week or more fighting fires and they were all battling drought before and after. They said they would welcome a flood. I worry more if we don'
NSW / ACT
To be fair Steve thatís based on ACCESS and itís been pretty lame of late...EC is a fair bit wetter. Hopefully EC wins. Originally Posted By: Steve777I think that the amount of rain might depend upon what happens with the once and future tropical
NSW / ACT
Pretty sure we are worse off then Cessnock here but Iíll take whatever we can get. Cessnock currently 200mm below yearly average. Wollongong 540mm and on track for our driest year on record (noting the AWS is only 25 yrs old). Still pretty bad.
Haha That was me DU. They are 4 years running now picking the start of the wet. They don't do so well with random rain events though like the May 2016 or October 2017 events, not a new mound in sight then. Have to wait another year now to see if they
SE QLD / NE NSW
I remember the '04 hybrid but that's it really. Probably were more though. http://forum.weatherzone.com.au/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=103876 http://www.drdisk.com.hk/seq04.htm To be honest, it looked too 'ECL-ish' to really count for me hah
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: MegaOriginally Posted By: FlowinOriginally Posted By: Chris StumerIt would be interesting to know what the history is regarding ex-TCs in SEQ. Others have commented on some. The complete list last two decades In last 6 years D
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: FlowinOriginally Posted By: Chris StumerIt would be interesting to know what the history is regarding ex-TCs in SEQ. Others have commented on some. The complete list last two decades In last 6 years Debbie March 17 Marcia Febr
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: Steve ODebbie being the most recent and the central pressure was only around 994hpa when it hit here. That was still a crazy event. Oswald for me was more intense winds. Keep em coming haha The circulation passed directly ove
NSW / ACT
To clarify I was just mentioning a couple areas around me. In which a rain band weaken as it approached and then re-intensified after it moved away, which was annoying. But obviously some areas have done worse, my heart goes out to them. Anyways hop
SE QLD / NE NSW
TC Owens latest update still has him becoming a Cat3 System and at this stage crossing the coast as such in the GOC. BoM update Details of Tropical Cyclone Owen at 7:00 pm AEST: Intensity: category 1, sustained winds near the centre of 65 kilometre
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: Steve OYea didn't he exit out near Sydney ? That high around NZ that only just moved over recently too haha Yeah, around there. It was an incredible event. He actually even turned poleward once he reached NSW because that bloc
SE QLD / NE NSW
While Owen remains a TC with a reasonable depth, itíll be mainly steered by the steering winds aloft blowing around the periphery of midlevel ridges and troughs rather than just surface systems. Once it starts weakening again and its vertical structu
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 ... 39 40 >
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 42 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Conor McDonald, dmhwce, LittleDavey83, Michael Lee, Nero
Forum Stats
29700 Members
32 Forums
24026 Topics
1506031 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image