Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: SA - Heat burst ahead of Low Pressure System Dec 17 - Dec 20 2017 by Ryan Hothersall @ 9 minutes 52 seconds ago

Been a hot humid day here in Gulfview Heights. Max temp was 35.3c just after noon. Still 33 at 9 PM. Barometer is 999.1 hPa.
NSW / ACT
Yes booming thunder for hours now manly to the west of me there are storms in a long line just west of me moving NE,no measurable rain here yet.
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by duckweather @ 28 minutes 38 seconds ago

Hi folks. On watching the busy recent quake activity north of Australia/western Pacific, and just in my opinion, this activity seemd to follow on from the several tremors which came up on the southern part of our continent. Remember I said I thought
NSW / ACT
Smithville is a homestead in far West NSW, so far West it's almost in SA, some 210km N of Broken Hill. ----- Storms seem to have shifted to the Hunter and further North for tonight.
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: kizzSmithville - 46.8 not long ago. Very impressive. Tibooburra the runner up thus far on 45.9. 44 the forecast in Sydney's west tomorrow. Some call that forecast brave as it will be a record if it comes off. So the compute
NSW / ACT
Huge booms here of thunder,but not much rain yet,they are all noise and no action,so far.they have been thundering around the place all afternoon.
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: ozthunderOriginally Posted By: Max744Morning all, a really good MCS through here at Cooks Gap last night. It rained, thundered and lightninged from around 7pm until after midninght. Made it nice and cool for sleeping Have a
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Namarrkun @ Today at 19:59

Nice bit of colour in tonight's sunset...taken on my tablet just before
South Australia
Local barometric pressure is falling to sub-1000 levels -- even with the Bureau in the city, with emphasis.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - more Heat 15/12 - 21/12 by aussiestormfreak @ Today at 19:10

Reached a top of 36.6C here in Belgrave today. Mostly sunny, although the increasing high cloud acted as a bit of a suppressant to the hot, muggy conditions. Currently around 28C and overcast. Our corner of Melbourne stands to earn around 5-15mm f
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - more Heat 15/12 - 21/12 by Petros @ Today at 18:42

Our local BOM forecast mirrors that chart ASF. Agree certainly TW1 - if Gippsland gets lucky with circa 5mm total from the change, with possible enhancement if lucky under a storm, then its time for us to kick back for Christmas and delay a "look ou
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: kizz 44 the forecast in Sydney's west tomorrow. Some call that forecast brave as it will be a record if it comes off. So the computer models must have intestinal fortitude. Bit of a shame that the sea breeze will be so aggres
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - more Heat 15/12 - 21/12 by doogasnow @ Today at 18:17

Interesting day tommoz(potentially dangerous) Fire day with heat strong wind and storms Late in the day! Models not predicting Any great totals so the storms could be a problem Fire wise. No widespread rain to squash Any starts!!
NSW / ACT
The second storm was much better, it had visable structure, and the red on the radar image passed right over us. We had about three burst of heavy rain, no hail. 4.5mm in the gauge. Lightning and thunder was not very close.
NSW / ACT
Same here Steve. There have been constant rumbles here for about 90 minutes - some loud, some not so, but yes, almost constant. Missed most of the rain, though it's a bit heavier now. Temp has dropped to 26.4 but it's very muggy.
NSW / ACT
I reckon about 3-5mm in that lot here in Chatswood.
South Australia
Bring on 18-22 degree dewpoints !!
NSW / ACT
That storm seemed to pass just to by North. Lots of rumbles, but just a couple of minutes of light rain, probably not enough to register.
South Australia
I'm excited for a temperature change...and rainfall. Both of those in combination would be great! What I don't want to hear is more about fire weather!
South Australia
And looks like my late mail was spot on with around midnight :-)
South Australia
Ok, that new forecast gets me a tad excited :-) :-) :-)
NSW / ACT
Noisy little storm moving through Chatswood now.
South Australia
Let's see what the bureau boys have to say shorterly
NSW / ACT
Smithville - 46.8 not long ago. Very impressive. Tibooburra the runner up thus far on 45.9. 44 the forecast in Sydney's west tomorrow. Some call that forecast brave as it will be a record if it comes off. So the computer models must have intesti
NSW / ACT
Can hear faint rumbles now. They seem to be nearby, but the nearest cell on the radar is now approaching Parramatta. The Western sky looks dark, although there's no structure visible. After some sun just now, it's overcast overhead. EDIT: The BOM h
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 ... 20 21 >
Who's Online
10 registered (bd bucketingdown, TrentG, Sidney, vjknight, Mick O'Halloran, aussiestormfreak, Skysthelimit, Purnong, Ryan Hothersall, 1 invisible), 285 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Jade, STORM CAZ, StormChasinJason, ^Lem^
Forum Stats
29444 Members
32 Forums
23760 Topics
1472325 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image