Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ 2 minutes 44 seconds ago

Another 'bracing' morning at Chain Valley Bay this morning, with a heavier frost than yesterday and ice on the windscreen. This is the second coldest I've seen on the car thermometer, the coldest was -2° at Shooters Hill a few years ago when it was s
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Jimi @ 11 minutes 5 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JimiOriginally Posted By: ashestoashes Well they have acknowledged. Well those records lasted 24 hours. Parkes -6.6C, Dubbo -6.0C. Bathurst -8.1C and Mudgee -7.4C also impressive Dubbo -7.1C!
General Weather
Jump to new posts Not the climate change thread by Mike Hauber @ 11 minutes 21 seconds ago

A lot of stuff keeps getting said in the drivers thread which is clearly not climate driver related (if by climate drivers we mean stuff like ENSO IOD etc). Evidently it is not climate change related either as it is permitted. To keep the climate d
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Mcbobbings @ 23 minutes 51 seconds ago

Every site in the state apart from Cape Byron reported a min of below 10c today, really widespread cold.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Morham @ 26 minutes 8 seconds ago

Yep Penrith has broken the record. Still 0°C at 8.30am!? Chilly
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by retired weather man @ 41 minutes 37 seconds ago

WYNNUM NORTH ( 1KM FROM MORETON BAY, BRISBANE, QLD ) - DAILY WEATHER DATE...... 16 JUL 2018 TIME...... 0750 CURRENT TEMPERATURE.......10.1C CURRENT HUMIDITY..........82% CURRENT DEW POINT......... 7C CURRENT WIND DIR/SPEED....WSW 3kph CURRENT MS
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by davidg @ 49 minutes 10 seconds ago

-1.8c in Penrith which breaks the record for low min (its a warm site). -4.3c in Richmond, no record but still bloody cold!
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Ron W at Walcha @ 58 minutes 32 seconds ago

Weather station died last night at -5.6. Backup mercury thermometer said -11.5. Second double digit min in a row. Diesel utes at work this morning unable to be started due to frozen diesel, even though we use alpine blend. Ducks standing ON the Apsle
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Mcbobbings @ Today at 07:29

OH broke its 5c barrier, got to 4.6 at 5am this morning. Homebush -0.9, site record and I expect Parramatta will come in with a new low temperature record once it reports. -4.9 at Camden, and similar temps as to yesterday for the rest of the city.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Sidney @ Today at 04:50

Currently -2C at my place right now from my outdoor temp sensor. By comparison it only got to 1C yesterday morning.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Rob_S @ Yesterday at 22:45

Originally Posted By: SidneyWonder why Penrith falls behind Richmond and Camden in terms of min temps. at 25m above sea level and part of the outer suburbs i would expect it to fair similar to richmond. The topography surrounding the AWS at Penrith
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ Yesterday at 21:57

It might be cold now, but we have another mini heat wave coming up for the coast Tuesday Wednesday Thursday - the forecast of low 20s is probably undershot. Then more long-fetch Westerlies after a cooldown next weekend. NAEFS has a warm signal for 7-
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Mike HauberFor 2014, the warmest forecast was for 1.2 by NCEP (mid April) and forecasts from other months were cooler. The nino 3.4 reached 0.9. The only ones trying to rewrite history are those claiming the models predicted a
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by ashestoashes @ Yesterday at 21:21

Already at 1.5 degrees we will see how low the temperature will go overnight with a lack of wind and clear skies let us see.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Antarctic Whaler @ Yesterday at 20:41

There is also a major föhn effect with Penrith & Richmond.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Eigerwand @ Yesterday at 20:06

Penrith is somewhat more open. Richmond has a bit more of an enclosed feeling to it in someway. I also think the topography of the range behind Richmond leads to a better funneling of cold air down into Richmond than it does Penrith. Penrith is also
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Tennis 2018 by DerekHV @ Yesterday at 20:05

Wimbledon final tonight in the Mens, hoping Novak Djokovic wins, but will be happy for South African Kevin Anderson if he gets it as well. Going to be a long night watching tennis and soccer. Serena Williams just came up short in the Womens.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weathere by DerekHV @ Yesterday at 19:59

4.3C at 7:50pm, haven't seen it drop that low that early before. No doubt we will get a frost tonight, just depends on how low at or below zero we go. (forecast is 0C) Go Croatia tonight as well in the soccer, and hopefully Djoker wins Wimbledon! (wi
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weathere by Mcbobbings @ Yesterday at 18:46

Originally Posted By: MorhamPenrith record cold for july -1.4. Tonight is forecast -2. So that record possibly under threat. Penrith site is only 23 years old. I’d imagine that Penrith has dipped under -2 many times in the past. I find it strange
The Lounge
Defamation action Wagners vs Jones etc. An open letter to Mr. Blackburn SC I refer to the statement made by Mr. Blackburn SC ridiculing Alan Jones’ words when I feel he did not take into consideration that these are a repeat of the actual words spok
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Sidney @ Yesterday at 18:18

Wonder why Penrith falls behind Richmond and Camden in terms of min temps. at 25m above sea level and part of the outer suburbs i would expect it to fair similar to richmond.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Morham @ Yesterday at 18:12

Penrith record cold for july -1.4. Tonight is forecast -2. So that record possibly under threat.
Tropical and Central Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Dry Season - 2018 by Vinnie @ Yesterday at 18:11

FB Memories reminds me this date 3 years ago it was 16 deg in Yeppoon as the max temp and raining !
General Weather
Agree with the last two comments that there is lot more to rainfall indicator than ENSO. I think there is sometimes too much focus on ENSO. Also the best indicator needs to consider what rainfall period outcome is of interest. I think ENSO is more
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Eigerwand @ Yesterday at 17:49

Such a shame that’s the case Blair. I feel Katoomba’s geography makes it a really valuable place to source data for understanding Australia’s climate. Would be great if it had stayed put at a realiable site.
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >
Who's Online
9 registered (Simon James, Pete R, Steve777, Lee@Hazo, Aussea, Foehn Correspondent, Mcbobbings, mysteriousbrad, 1 invisible), 348 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
anvildome, Davenn
Forum Stats
29604 Members
32 Forums
23930 Topics
1494248 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image