Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
NSW / ACT
Yet only 23 on the coast. Huge difference. That NE'er will keep major heat away unless it dies soonish.
NSW / ACT
Solid easterly here and temp at 33C. Albion Park 31C with 21C dew point so it's really humid and sticky out there. Not a beach day though with almost 20 knot NEer, yesterday was much nicer.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Word Association Game by rain gauge @ 14/12/2017 10:58

scratch
NSW / ACT
Its going to tough for many people in western Sydney. Especially those in fibro houses without aircon. In those houses when its 42C outside its 42C inside. No escape. I'm sure Nepean hospital is going to be very busy over the next week. Good luck to
NSW / ACT
Westerly just kicked in here in Lane Cove!!
Victoria
Welcome Jarek.
NSW / ACT
A bit over 28 out here. Wind near 30k from NW - strengthened from about 8 am. We will continue to warm gradually all day until around 6.30 or so I suspect. Tennis tonight will be rather sweaty!!
Tropical and Central Australia
GFS isn't painting a pretty picture so far for the Xmas/NY period - Hot, muggy, no rain...
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by TWEEDSTORM @ 14/12/2017 10:11

Its incredible ya get troughs that dip down into south east Oz or out in the coral sea that linger for days on end but when they arrive up here they're gone the next day only to be replaced by another annoying ridge.Think I might head out west in the
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Long Road HomeIf the cold anomalies only extended to the mid Pacific or we had a neutral setup then different story. When the first strong WWB ahead of 97/98 and 13/14 hit, the eastern Pacific surface was nearly as cool as it
NSW / ACT
In my opinion I don't think it will win out, sea breeze looking very robust already and the wind at Mt Boyce isn't that strong. Unless the westerly grows a pair soon then it might be a struggle getting to 37c.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Colin Maitland @ 14/12/2017 09:46

Just looking through some modeling and its a long way off in weather terms, Thursday the 21st looks like a very mild chance of some weak storms at this stage. But a long way off and everything can change as we all know. Other than that it is hot and
NSW / ACT
Clear skies, light winds, NW as far as I can make out, cicadas in full throat and about 28-29. It's now about 30 over most of Sydney. The sea breeze is up and running on the coast, in fact, apart from dropping around dawn, it's been blowing for 72 ho
NSW / ACT
When is this westerly supposed to win out?
Victoria
Welcome Jarek! Do you want to fill in "location" in your profile? It doesn't have to be too exact - just enough that people reading this forum have an idea whereabouts you are when you comment on weather at your location. Looking forward to your c
NSW / ACT
30c here now. Looks like mother nature is preparing the ice bath for Observatory Hill as we speak.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Australian Cloud Cover by lemonrev @ 14/12/2017 08:36

WE have had 2 solid days of no cloud being in Australia and today its like we have had this solid cloud there for almost 3 days.. How does one express a level of interests when things like this happen ?
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: DerekHVHoly dooly, forecast for next Wed is now 43C in the Lower Hunter. This is well and truly a heatwave, by whatever subjective definition one uses. The thread title may need to be changed and extended. Will be interesting to
General Weather
Agree with that Kino. And the above average / below average rain also varying in different parts of the country. For example the La Nina in 1918, produced well above average rain in central Qld, and major flood in Fitzroy River in Rockhampton. Y
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: rain gaugeI'm sure many people out Penrith way aren't looking forward to this dreadful heat I am certainly not. Dreadful dreadful week ahead. Penrith is a really stupid place to live Wollongongs forecast however, glorious
NSW / ACT
Holy dooly, forecast for next Wed is now 43C in the Lower Hunter. This is well and truly a heatwave, by whatever subjective definition one uses. The thread title may need to be changed and extended. Will be interesting to see if Penrith can beat it's
Victoria
Originally Posted By: PetrosOriginally Posted By: PetrosFirst few drops arriving here too. ...that provided 6.25mm for Maffra (76mm for Dec). Today it was quite dry though.
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: Steve777Fire Weather Warning for the Greater Sydney Region and Illawarra/Shoalhaven fire areas. Total fire ban tomorrow. 'Sydney Region' includes the Blue Mountains and the Central Coast. Originally Posted By: Rainbow SpiritI
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Word Association Game by aussiestormfreak @ 13/12/2017 23:00

Cats
General Weather
The misconception is that La Nia causes it to rain always - simply not true. It causes the chance of higher rainfalls and prolonged events when they arrive.
Page 10 of 19 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19 >
Who's Online
10 registered (Sidney, Mick10, *jr*, Green Fields, Funkyseefunkydo, Perfect Storm, Manly, Aussea, Warmfront, 1 invisible), 287 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
ronaldo7, Storm within
Forum Stats
29444 Members
32 Forums
23760 Topics
1472227 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image