Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ 16/05/2018 12:53

I often wax lyrical about Saddleback Range to the south of Wollongong and it's rain shadow affect upon Illawarra weather. Today is a perfect example - Saddleback Range averages from 320m ASL to 650m ASL and act's like a big scoop in these low level
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins by Kino @ 16/05/2018 12:42

Originally Posted By: ColdFrontOriginally Posted By: StormCapture No issues since we moved back to Telstra. Funny that. I never had an issue with Telstra on ADSL2 but when I switched to other suppliers suddenly my speed dropped and I had drop outs
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins by StormCapture @ 16/05/2018 12:36

Originally Posted By: ColdFrontOriginally Posted By: StormCapture No issues since we moved back to Telstra. Funny that. I never had an issue with Telstra on ADSL2 but when I switched to other suppliers suddenly my speed dropped and I had drop outs
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by EddyG @ 16/05/2018 12:25

Originally Posted By: Kino*just* edged over 16c here Eddy, and bitterly cold. Funnily enough it doesn't feel that cold here, still in shorts and t-shirts, probably because there is very little breeze atm and the humidity is quite high. And yeah S
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Stormy3 @ 16/05/2018 12:20

EddyG,you stick out into the sea the most,so any coastal showers you will get for sure,and you have been,you live in a wet area there.I have coucins who live at tea gardens and hawks nest.they used to live here in Ellalong but it was to cold for them
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ 16/05/2018 12:01

*just* edged over 16c here Eddy, and bitterly cold.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by EddyG @ 16/05/2018 12:01

Plenty of shower activity just of the coast here, just might get a light shower or two. Currently 17.6c
General Weather
Which was the model that picked up the initial swing last season? Wasn't it CFSv2 & POAMA?
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Observations of climate variation by Surly Bond @ 16/05/2018 11:57

I have re-done this analysis that I posted here on 16 November 2017. By using 12-monthly rainfall totals, rather than annual rainfall totals, I have achieved twice the resolution and six times the stability of moment estimates. https://climateby
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ 16/05/2018 11:51

Looks like we *may* get a sneaky shower here in the next 1-2 hours. Damn cold though.
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Mike HauberOriginally Posted By: KinoMeh, they said the same last year....and we all know how that evolved. It resulted in claims that the models had been certain of an el nino. They weren't last year, and they aren't this
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ 16/05/2018 11:17

If models hold the way they are, looking like a below average May coming up (esp after the warmer start). Below average mins and maxs forecast right throughout. Meanwhile, 75 years ago today SE/E NSW was being smashed by a savage ECL which claimed
Tropical and Central Australia
Had a few spits here today already HF... Damn Ron...mate I can happily buy a few cases of lychees from the Tablelands and do without the cold weather.. Dormant my staffy is all suited up in her hoodie now to combat the near arctic condition..it sti
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins by ColdFront @ 16/05/2018 09:45

Originally Posted By: StormCapture No issues since we moved back to Telstra. Funny that. I never had an issue with Telstra on ADSL2 but when I switched to other suppliers suddenly my speed dropped and I had drop outs. I don't think it is a coincid
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins by StormCapture @ 16/05/2018 09:35

Originally Posted By: MegaOriginally Posted By: StormCaptureNow that we are on NBN, ping is 9ms, speeds of 26Download and 8Upload but the plan was to be a min of 47mbps but the node is 800m down the road Unlucky. You lost the lottery - especially s
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by gleno71 @ 16/05/2018 09:35

Originally Posted By: Snapper22lbIs it normal for a high to actually regress to the west? I don't think I have seen that happen before. I know strong high's have a tendency to be very slow moving, can't recall a high ever moving west. However if y
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins by ColdFront @ 16/05/2018 08:58

Originally Posted By: ColdFrontOriginally Posted By: RonfishesOriginally Posted By: ColdFrontOriginally Posted By: RonfishesI'm locked in with telstra now CF, I have 2 phones and the broadband on 1 bill.. No time for all that ^ Jazz lol. Everything i
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by Snowies @ 16/05/2018 08:56

Yes, was a bit one extreme to the other. Last night was our coldest May night in the few years we've been here, -3.0, beating a pair of -2.5's from 2016. Had a cold run of nights even compared to places close to here.
Alpine & Snow
Jump to new posts Re: 2018 Australian Snow Season by Eigerwand @ 16/05/2018 08:22

Read your analysis. I appreciate the work thatís gone into but I must say it seemed like a very lengthy way to arrive at the conclusion that the season will be, average. For the most part I think the drivers were understated in terms of their influen
General Weather
Originally Posted By: SeiraOriginally Posted By: snowboobyI have a question incidental to thermocline depth- Iíve come across a number of references to the shoaling of the mixed layer leading to warming. I had thought of the mixed layer depth as a p
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by ashestoashes @ 16/05/2018 07:37

Or cold pools galore, with a north-west moisture or an easterly feed. Gfs (next15) is going for another blocking high. Whereas Ec has a chance of cold front activity over WA. The next high seems to be going over Alice Springs good sign unless it is m
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Perfect Storm @ 16/05/2018 07:23

Originally Posted By: ozthunder Thanks for that Elusive link !!! No problemo, I've been using it for the last few months since it launched but have a brain fade as to when it launched. Quite handy link since the other drought maps were decommiss
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by DerekHV @ 16/05/2018 06:16

Colder night than forecast last night, got down to 6C. Says it is now 10.7C in Singleton, which I think is questionable, esp with the likes of Cessnock Airport now at 4.6C. Maybe a Singo resident could say more on this?
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Royal Commission Catholic Church by Arnoldnut @ 16/05/2018 06:01

>"BREAKING: Prosecutors Seek Complete Ban On Media Reporting Of Cardinal George Pell Trial https://newmatilda.com/2018/05/14/prosec...rge-pell-trial/ The Royal Commission was about the 'Handling Of' the different organisations abusers......not the a
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Flowin @ 15/05/2018 21:29

I am really hoping the forecast for the next few days of not much chance of rain holds true. I would usually like some rain, but last weeks minor dribble early in the week showed a roof leak. it got a lot worse as I found I needed to replace the whol
Page 10 of 13 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
Who's Online
7 registered (T.rex, ashestoashes, Steve O, RC, 3 invisible), 326 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Karl Lijnders
Forum Stats
29564 Members
32 Forums
23902 Topics
1491062 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image