Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by GringosRain @ 16/11/2018 16:31

Im not a stats person, but is the cold outbreak due next week starting to look pretty Epic for late November? 540 line almost into QLD on last GFS.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Colin Maitland @ 16/11/2018 16:16

Hopefully the link works of the iPad just tap the thumb nail and it should play 128km Radar Loop for Brisbane, 22:00 15/11/2008 to 17:00 16/11/2008 UTC
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Colin Maitland @ 16/11/2018 16:03

I honestly believe there were at 2 brief touchdowns that I know of. One was in Brendale, I took a drive with my wife and just off Linkfield Road/ Southpine Road there were a number of signs absolutely twisted and snapped off unlike straight line wind
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by LDRcycles @ 16/11/2018 15:36

Originally Posted By: gleno71How did a tornado not form in that beast? Goes to show how much more powerful American storms are. That wind and hail though. Only a month or so ago I was chatting to the lady who lived next door to the house in the vi
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Mega @ 16/11/2018 15:27

It's been 10 years already?
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Flowin @ 16/11/2018 14:42

Ken, Thanks for the reminder of the '08 storm. The first Stapylton radar image you posted (1630 AEST) is when the storm was directly over my place. The thing I remember most about the storm, that I had never seen before or since, was small hail not
The Lounge
The most disgusting thing I have eaten? Coriander - tastes like liquid hand wash. Vegemite, avocado, poached egg, bacon on toast, butter and a bit of mayo. Bliss. Friend from Canada looked like she wanted to throw up. I tried to introduce her to veg
Tropical and Central Australia
Crud weather. Aircons are copping a flogging on a daily basis. No signs of any real build-up yet, Lots of dark clouds sliding past us. Meh.
World
Jump to new posts Great Blizzard of 1949: by Wet Snow @ 16/11/2018 12:39

Hello Folks: Just ran across a wonderful documentary (YouTube; produced by Wyoming PBS) about the Great Blizzard of January 1949 & the impacts of it in Wyoming. 4 US States were impacted (over 193,000 square miles/over 500,000 square kilometers). As
General Weather
There is a correlation between ENSO and SLP along the Queensland Coast. Stronger ridging is more likely in el nino. The angle of the winds along this ridge being more southerly and less easterly than in better conditions, or a more pointy shape of
World
Jump to new posts Re: Mena, Arkansas Weather by Wet Snow @ 16/11/2018 11:52

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl6Iz4dXGdg
General Weather
not that particular shape though, and it seems that shape directs moisture away. The Angle of the SE flow and the pointy shape of the quidge seems to make the difference. The ridge is always there, but the "quidge" as I describe it is almost a derog
General Weather
The ridge in inland Queensland is always there though. It is a standard feature for summer.
General Weather
...Due to the Quidge? So if it wasnt for the Quidge eastern Australia would be soaked because that setup has been there for a while now. ENSO isnt causing the Quidge.
General Weather
Originally Posted By: GringosRainWell that warm water in the west has been there all year and so have the anomalies, so it must have been coupled all year? November doesnt look any more or less coupled than March. Yes. It has become a bit stronger
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by EddyG @ 16/11/2018 10:37

This time yesterday it was 27c, today a dismal 18c. Luckily the humidity is high and the breeze is just a breeze. About 6mm overnight into the morning.
General Weather
Originally Posted By: snowboobyI thought the anomalous OLR has been more consistently on/about the dateline in recent forecasting - might support idea of modoki developing that's from stormsurf so mjo related afasik
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: NRL Season 2018 by scott12 @ 16/11/2018 10:26

Originally Posted By: hickoryThere goes the deal with St George,- and any other club that were checking what they had left in the kitty. He needs to learn when it's best to leave his wizzy in his pants. Thank heavens this came out before the D
General Weather
Just MJO isnt it? or has it been anomalous for months?
General Weather
I thought the anomalous OLR has been more consistently on/about the dateline in recent forecasting - might support idea of modoki developing
General Weather
Well that warm water in the west has been there all year and so have the anomalies, so it must have been coupled all year? November doesnt look any more or less coupled than March. Its just looks like a convergence area for me ready to pump moisture
General Weather
I consider it to be a modoki as generally the strongest warm anomalies have been in the west. Modoki is marked by having strongest anomalies near the dateline. Classic is marked by having warmest anomalies further east. An ideal modoki would have
General Weather
I keep reading that this is a Modoki type setup. I cant see a Modoki setup. There is a steady gradient of temp increase through to the west pacific. So can someone detail why this would be a modoki? I think Petros has been eluding to the situatio
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Mike Hauber @ 16/11/2018 08:37

I will never forget driving from Sunshine Coast to Carseldine towards that storm at freeway speeds, and beating it home by just a few minutes. Crazy rapid transition from billowing white clouds on the horizon to beastly rotating wall cloud almost ov
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by retired weather man @ 16/11/2018 08:32

Nov rain to date 0.8mm. Average 108mm. WYNNUM NORTH - WEATHER DATE..16 NOV 2018 TIME..0730 CURRENT TEMPERATURE......24.6C CURRENT HUMIDITY...........72% CURRENT DEW POINT..........19C CURRENT WIND DIR/SPEED....ESE 8kph CURRENT MSL PRESSURE...
Page 11 of 18 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17 18 >
Who's Online
0 registered (), 49 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
beefy, falay002, Paul79, Ruckle
Forum Stats
29700 Members
32 Forums
24002 Topics
1502787 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image