Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Melbourne & Victoria day to day weather by Petros @ 17/07/2018 18:18

20.9C here today in very gustly arvo NW'lies. Squally thunderless change came through about 6pm, not much rain in it, calmed off rapidly after it passed. So a mild night to come temperature-wise.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Rigger @ 17/07/2018 17:47

Originally Posted By: JimiOriginally Posted By: Steve777Re temperature ranges, Richmond must have one of the bigger ranges from extreme high to extreme low in Australia: -8 to 47, a range of 55. In a typical calendar year the range would be about
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Longest time without rain by Rigger @ 17/07/2018 17:26

[quote=Surly Bond]Hi Rigger For comparison, can you say how many consecutive rainless days you had at Darwin in 2017? It would be interesting to know whether it actually is the record number. If not, when was the actual record set? Last year was 15
Tropical and Central Australia
Just above 60cm mate, got about 3 on Sunday with a few small doggies thrown in the mix until the Hammerheads came in. Got a 150cm Barracuda on Saturday though! That thing was not coming in the tinny haha! Hopefully another cold snap and then some
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: SA - Showers 17~20 July 2018 by StormCapture @ 17/07/2018 17:15

Originally Posted By: Eevomy imagination or are we having a dry winter? Not imagining it, quite dry across the state. Only 29mm at home to our average of 80 odd. Adelaide well below average too to this time of year. Just been bombarded with high
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Longest time without rain by Surly Bond @ 17/07/2018 16:37

A child, at the time of its third birthday would not have factual memories that extend back three years, but much less. At what age could the memory be formed: "The sky does not include falling water."?
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Jimi @ 17/07/2018 16:32

Originally Posted By: Steve777Re temperature ranges, Richmond must have one of the bigger ranges from extreme high to extreme low in Australia: -8 to 47, a range of 55. In a typical calendar year the range would be about -3 to 42 (45). Alice Spri
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Longest time without rain by Surly Bond @ 17/07/2018 16:25

Hi Rigger For comparison, can you say how many consecutive rainless days you had at Darwin in 2017? It would be interesting to know whether it actually is the record number. If not, when was the actual record set? At Manilla, dry months come mainly
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by CoastalStorm22 @ 17/07/2018 16:05

Dry as a bloody chip out there this afternoon, both my eyes and lips are paying the price. Currently dew point of -7 combined with humidity in the teens, you can almost hear the wind sucking the moisture from the ground.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ 17/07/2018 16:01

Re temperature ranges, Richmond must have one of the bigger ranges from extreme high to extreme low in Australia: -8 to 47, a range of 55. In a typical calendar year the range would be about -3 to 42 (45). Not many places in Australia would excee
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Steve O @ 17/07/2018 15:56

Nice pics Ken think it's not looking good this year... still the night shot with the snowfalling is a coool photo amongst others. P.S the sunrise shot is really good also SB. Hoping myself to get some pics sometime. Always inspiring the images on thi
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by MattJ @ 17/07/2018 15:19

Noticed lots of frost patches out around BNE airport this morning when I took the airtrain out at 6:30am, mostly in the grassed gully areas. Makes sense since they recorded 4.3C.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Rigger @ 17/07/2018 15:03

Originally Posted By: RiggerOriginally Posted By: JimiThe diurnal range today is more than 25C for Camden. How often would that occur in the Sydney basin? I see it occasionally in places like Goulburn and the NTs (Glen Innes, etc) but hardly ever in
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by ashestoashes @ 17/07/2018 15:02

Well last year in September Camden moved from 6.5 to 36.5. So a diurnal range of 30 degrees, that is probably the record because it occurs in spring when often the highest diurnal ranges occurred. But maybe someone more in-hand with stats, can probab
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Rigger @ 17/07/2018 14:49

Originally Posted By: JimiThe diurnal range today is more than 25C for Camden. How often would that occur in the Sydney basin? I see it occasionally in places like Goulburn and the NTs (Glen Innes, etc) but hardly ever in Sydney. And a 46.4 max in
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: SA - Showers 17~20 July 2018 by Eevo @ 17/07/2018 14:42

my imagination or are we having a dry winter?
General Weather
Originally Posted By: FireduckI believe he is referring to the left hand side saying 1997 Ahhhhhhhh lol my bad. Its actually cropped out on my device. 🙄🙄🙄😂😂 Wondered why it was massively diverse.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Jimi @ 17/07/2018 14:34

The diurnal range today is more than 25C for Camden. How often would that occur in the Sydney basin? I see it occasionally in places like Goulburn and the NTs (Glen Innes, etc) but hardly ever in Sydney.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Longest time without rain by Rigger @ 17/07/2018 14:27

Last year ( 2017 ) Darwin recorded 5 full calendar months without rain May-September. And as if it was following the script, the first rain for the 'Wet' fell on the 1st Oct. Whilst Darwin has the seasonal 'drought', and sometimes we go 2 or 3 month
General Weather
I believe he is referring to the left hand side saying 1997
General Weather
Originally Posted By: PetrosThat chart might not be for the date you intended Kino? Says 11 July 2018?
General Weather
That chart might not be for the date you intended Kino?
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Mike HauberA bit of a period of enhanced trades has developed. Forecast suggest another significant WWB is starting about now, so wait and see how far it develops. A significant WWB now would mean the recent enhanced trade win
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by retired weather man @ 17/07/2018 12:22

Originally Posted By: ozone dougHi all . Got down to -2.4 in Roma this morning .And -1.8 at my place. Thinking of putting a fan in my Standard size Stevenson screen as my temps are still a little high not sure why .I have holes in bottom and under t
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: SA - Showers 17~20 July 2018 by StormCapture @ 17/07/2018 12:15

Secondary line packed a punch, 102km/h under it, bit of hail as well. Up to 3mm now Mount Crawford up to 117km/h under the same line.
Page 11 of 14 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
Who's Online
0 registered (), 195 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
melbell, SanatKumara, Stephen-wx, Teunvm, Tropposurfer
Forum Stats
29612 Members
32 Forums
23935 Topics
1494573 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image