Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Mike HauberSubstantial upgrade of WWB forecast by both EC and GFS. Looking like a rapid transition to warm side of ENSO is now on the cards. Can you provide a link? Because I've just checked ACCESS (10 day); GFS (8 day) & CMC
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by DaveM @ 13/12/2017 12:56

VERY envious of your temp outlook for the next week - my turn to cook now and you guys are more temperate. However - like us no rain on the horizon.
NSW / ACT
We've almost cracked 30 - definitely will very soon, tends to keep warming till about 6 or 6.30 out here this time of year. As an aside - I've had a peek at sun rise & set times for here. We've actually already gone past our earliest sun rise time
NSW / ACT
It's heating up in Sydney's outer West, now up to 33-34. Meanwhile, at OH, the temperature has plunged (well, it's dropped a couple of degrees anyway) to 24 in that barrelling Easterly. I wouldn't be surprised if the 26.6 recorded at 10:26 is today's
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by duckweather @ 13/12/2017 11:32

Hi folks. Well Australia, namely NSW, SA, WA and a bit of Vic is seeing some interesting activity at the moment. NSW is feeling some concerted energy atm.. I feel the energy causing these tremors is coming in from the South East Indian Ridge [direct
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Mike HauberSubstantial upgrade of WWB forecast by both EC and GFS. Looking like a rapid transition to warm side of ENSO is now on the cards. Actual WWB or just slackening of the Trades?
Weatherzone Q and A
Jump to new posts Where has Churchill, Canada gone? by ozthunder @ 13/12/2017 10:37

Sad to say I am a weather junkie and would watch the temperature of Churchill (on Hudson bay in Canada) as it was always interesting to see how warm it got in summer, or when the first freezing day would occur, or even just how bitterly cold it would
South Australia
in fact, BOM have just revised forecast for Adelaide to include the Slight (20%) chance of a shower and possible thunder in the late afternoon and evening.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by ozthunder @ 13/12/2017 10:34

Originally Posted By: Wave Rider Geez lightning chaser that sounds rough, I'm surprised anyone would drive on that road. There must have been heaps of car casualties! Back 1997 I had a Nissan Patrol and took my parents for a 4WD along the Yalwah Fi
NSW / ACT
If GFS is then to be believed, with the amount of cloud and instability it's progging for the next week not to mention also the strength of the subtropical jet, it would take a hell of a NW'er to drag a 45C from somewhere and I'm struggling to find a
SE QLD / NE NSW
Hi all ,Yeah some dogs are really scared of storms and their owners too .The dog picks up on you pacing and looking out windows and that makes them worse ,Better to sit quietly give then a pat but don't over do it as the know something is up . i rece
General Weather
Substantial upgrade of WWB forecast by both EC and GFS. Looking like a rapid transition to warm side of ENSO is now on the cards.
NSW / ACT
The winds look really weird, they go southerly on Tuesday evening but then turn back to cooler westerly on Wednesday morning. Looks like the heat might make the coast at this stage too. But the winds and distribution of temps looks a bit strange so I
South Australia
yes doesnt look bad at all late tonight and into the early hours. Should be some high based activity around - just depends exactly where. Not convinced about next week though - certainly looks like a couple of hot days though.
NSW / ACT
WR, any idea of the timing of the change on Tuesday/Wednesday and whether any of that heat will get to the coast?
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: Long Road HomeJust a stock standard average spike for this time of year which the media will blow out of proportion just like they do with every storm day If you look at the latest runs of GFS, it's certainly going well beyo
Tropical and Central Australia
And Pops ya snob, getting your own weather thing happening haha. You better not ditch us on here when all the action starts happening.
NSW / ACT
Great time to wash down the house. Get your hose and cleaning utensils together and start washing the windows, walls, gutters, deck etc. You will inevitably get splashed and sprayed so it really is the perfect opportunity to get stuff done and keep c
Tropical and Central Australia
Yeah I reckon good wet season once it gets going as well, it's just the getting going part that's the problem. MJO is due for another visit early to mid Jan, no doubt it'll kick everything off just after we leave Monsoon trough made the briefest
NSW / ACT
Yes I detest the hot weather but like Homer & DG have said we learn to tolerate it as best we can. Aircon too expensive to run. I cope better when a day is hot but the nights wreck me. Hence my Summer countdown is on - my first sign of getting thro
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Driver Discussion 2017 (Enso, IOD, PDO ,SAM etc) by retired weather man @ 13/12/2017 08:35

Originally Posted By: PetrosLots of comparisons to previous weather records over past 10 - 20 years of late. Whats the current solar cycle been doing? Still dropping. Should bottom out about 2019.
NSW / ACT
I've lived in the Lower BM's my whole life and you don't really get used to the heat, you just learn to tolerate it. It doesn't matter who you are, a 41c day is going to pretty much be a write off for any outdoor activities after about 11am. I like
SE QLD / NE NSW
Ah well our canine friends won't have to worry for a good while back to the trademark blocking high for our part of the world
SE QLD / NE NSW
A friend of mine has a Golden Retriever who almost had fits during a storm. They purchased a dog "Thunder Shirt" during a trip to the USA and it works wonders. As soon as a storm is approaching, they pop it on and the dog is much calmer. Having sai
General Weather
It could have something to do with warm sea surface temperatures east of NZ, another possibility is that it something to do with the Southern Annular Mode.
Page 12 of 18 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17 18 >
Who's Online
0 registered (), 247 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
ronaldo7, Storm within
Forum Stats
29444 Members
32 Forums
23760 Topics
1472191 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image