Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tropical and Central Australia
9mm from a late night storm. Overcast, muggy, not a day for doing the laundry.
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Originally Posted By: ThomasAlbertWhats happening to Vanuatu at the moment? I wonder how they've been coping in New Caledonia.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: planet xMy instincts, which are not always accurate, say it is coming in.... I still think we are in for a worrying, destructive ride. I live in a high rise and I have bought masking tape,torches, water, tinned fish etc. I ha
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Cyclone Oma (15P) - Coral Sea - February 2019 by ThomasAlbert @ Yesterday at 14:19

Whats happening to Vanuatu at the moment?
Definitely exceeding the 50% chance of less than 1mm here today, well ahead of that and another little ripper on the way. Gvale/Meringa
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: wet skyQuite incredible how we are only a few days out and still theres not even a general consensus on what Oma will do. Cyclones used to turn rapidly from one path to another with basically no advance warning. Example Cyclo
SE QLD / NE NSW
My instincts, which are not always accurate, say it is coming in.... I still think we are in for a worrying, destructive ride. I live in a high rise and I have bought masking tape,torches, water, tinned fish etc. I have never been in a cyclone - a
SE QLD / NE NSW
Providing you're not presenting the worst case scenario as being locked in, and discuss the range of possible outcomes, I don't see providing information on what are potentially the most damaging scenario's as being "hype". I remember the usual rang
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Homer @ Yesterday at 14:10

Originally Posted By: SidneyRed core headed my way Yes Sidney. Some small storms have quickly popped up on the radar. Moving pretty quickly too.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Sidney @ Yesterday at 14:06

Red core headed my way
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: wet skyQuite incredible how we are only a few days out and still theres not even a general consensus on what Oma will do. That's pretty common for many Coral Sea TC's. The Australian region and in particular, the Coral Sea bas
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: Nature's FuryI think people need to be very careful how they proceed from here, especially on social media. It's not guaranteed it will hit the required area to affect SEQ (WBB or south) even though it looks more favourable. Eve
SE QLD / NE NSW
Quite incredible how we are only a few days out and still theres not even a general consensus on what Oma will do.
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Cyclone Oma (15P) - Coral Sea - February 2019 by Mad Elf #1.5 @ Yesterday at 13:47

Once it crosses 160 its BOM's baby. Name stays the same.
SE QLD / NE NSW
I think people need to be very careful how they proceed from here, especially on social media. It's not guaranteed it will hit the required area to affect SEQ (WBB or south) even though it looks more favourable. Even 24-48 hours out if the track path
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Wet Season - February 2019 by Vinnie @ Yesterday at 13:37

Wonder if Rocky will get to 39, only 35 at most so far. Yeppoon only 28 instead of 31.
Will BOM take over responsibility for Oma when the centre crosses 160E or do they do that when Australian waters start to be affected? Curious about the actual protocol used between Fiji and Australia
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Rob G @ Yesterday at 13:30

While SE winds and possible showers will affect the coastal strip into the weekend, the usual annoying HP ridge just inland from the coast should see this district starved of rain yet again. We had 1mm overnight - barely enough to wet the ground. Loo
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Cyclone Oma (15P) - Coral Sea - February 2019 by Inclement Weather @ Yesterday at 13:29

Oma is now a cat 3 - officially Severe Tropical Cyclone Oma.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Ken in your opinion is EC onto it? Will we get a good blow thats all I want.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Latest accumulating rainfall amount scenarios for Brisbane from some of the models. EC = dark blue. EDIT: I forgot to add that this graph shows the 12z runs of various models - the 18z run of GFS (and FV3) have suddenly stopped curving Oma/ex-O
SE QLD / NE NSW
Haha I'll keep the tramp up for aslong as possible just to make sure.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Latest Fiji warning has Oma wobbling around back to the SSW. That ridge needs to get hold of her.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: Steve ONah its coming to me NF coz of this dam trampoline that I'm going to have to take down. Anything else you need to take down? It might help!
SE QLD / NE NSW
Nah its coming to me NF coz of this dam trampoline that I'm going to have to take down.
Page 12 of 46 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 45 46 >
Who's Online
34 registered (Robbie Shenton, NotsohopefulPete, Taylsy, MattS, Hailin, Jimi, wetdreams, Snapper22lb, bd bucketingdown, pkgjmg, WANDJINA G'vale, Inclement Weather, whethertraveller, Nature's Fury, Aussea, Dr Philosophy, mysteriousbrad, UHF_CH10, one drop, Flowin, Mcbobbings, Dawgggg, petethemoskeet, Jajang, Summ3r, Adaminaby Angler, Ahab, Dipole, Sillybanter, DexterB, 4 invisible), 242 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Darren J, freshy, roves, Summ3r
Forum Stats
29839 Members
32 Forums
24092 Topics
1517656 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image