Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: rain gaugeI'm sure many people out Penrith way aren't looking forward to this dreadful heat Yes but it gets hot every summer in Penrith, often for days on end. Hot weather is just part of life out there. In terms of that fo
World
Jump to new posts Re: Mena, Arkansas Weather by Blair Trewin @ 12/12/2017 19:05

Just noticed in the NCEI monthly summary that Arkansas had its driest meteorological fall (September-November) on record.
Victoria
Not much interest in tomorrows 2nd hot pre-Christmas day for 2017, so here's GFS's take on what we can expect from the change following it: A dry outlook IMO over the next 8-10 days for Vic?.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Melbourne & Victoria day to day weather by Petros @ 12/12/2017 18:53

Got to 29C here despite a cool start and fresh westerly at times.
NSW / ACT
I'm sure many people out Penrith way aren't looking forward to this dreadful heat
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: sharjayThanks Kazz & cirrusfibratus. She cant esacpe but her behaviour was worrying. took a while to figure out it co-incided with the storms 1st appearing on radar and ending once storms passed. i may check out the rescue r
General Weather
I'm very interested in the next pass of the MJO forecast for early-mid January. SSTs continue to warm significantly in the CS and IO. One of the models suggests a strong easterly burst timed with the MJO in early January. CFS has a strong wet signal
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: 2017/18 Victorian Bushfire News and Discussion by doogasnow @ 12/12/2017 17:23

Yeah, I just checked the local bom Forecast for the Gippsland area and there Is a very warm dry stretch over the next 7 days with a 36c tommoz and finishes With 39c next Monday!! So it's a big drying out period over the next Week, things will be a
Victoria
TFB tomorrow in Wimmera and Mallee
NSW / ACT
I see that the EC-7 day model is no longer shown on this site, but the EC-10D model has been expanded to show all of Australia. === Blue skies and sea gales here, probably around 26.
General Weather
The first image won't load and is cut off half way. Brief glimpse shows totally different prevailing conditions IMO.
General Weather
Comparison of current WWB: To the westerly wind burst in Dec 96 that marked the start of the build up towards 97/98 el nino: Note the different scales as more extreme conditions were achieved in the 97/98 event. Similar size WWB, similar size
NSW / ACT
After weeks of cool weather , I'm looking forward to a few days of warmth.
NSW / ACT
Its gonna get hot out this way, going for 41c on Thursday but given the 850hPa temps are potentially touching 26c I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up more like 42-43. AWS record for Penrith is 42.3 so it could give that a bit of a shake. Satur
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Word Association Game by rain gauge @ 12/12/2017 14:10

Van
Tropical and Central Australia
Hey DB, I was watching that storm on the radar - must've been so dissapointing when it fizzled! What are the locals thoughts on onset of wet season up there? We get into Broome on the 22/12 for approx 10 days. If I don't get a storm I will be very
Southern Western Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Perth and WA day to day weather by desieboy @ 12/12/2017 13:01

Trough produced fairly widespread rain yesterday through the southern areas yesterday.
Tropical and Central Australia
Easterlies didn't help with precipitation yesterday . Looked so ominous in Broome with a huge storm heading towards the town from the north west only to see it dissipate about 20kms out. RAINFALL BULLETIN NORTHERN & EASTERN FORECA
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins by Helen @ 12/12/2017 12:41

Originally Posted By: bundybear When people have to go to the length of creating their own utilities because the govt and the city dwellers don't give a hoot about them and don't realise without them they would be so far up poop creek even if they ha
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Melbourne & Victoria day to day weather by aussiestormfreak @ 12/12/2017 11:18

Overnight low of 13.5C, currently around 19C and clear blue skies with a moderate breeze here in Belgrave. Melbourne's going for 26C today, 36C tomorrow.
General Weather
Originally Posted By: KinoThat UNISYS map looks nothing like the NOAA one? There are no warm patches in the eastern South Pacific? My personal view is that the unysis map is not worth a pinch anymore. It used to be my go to until they changed sourc
General Weather
POAMA and CFS both picked the cooling for later this yr earlier this yr than any other model and now both models are looking very cool well into 2018 so it wouldn't surprise me the double dip or even triple dip if you include 2016. Latest UK into M
General Weather
That UNISYS map looks nothing like the NOAA one? There are no warm patches in the eastern South Pacific?
General Weather
Yeah Unisy has it too CF but sort of in between WZ and your map so I'm not sure what to believe at the moment. http://weather.unisys.com/surface/sst_anom.gif
General Weather
Originally Posted By: ColdFrontThat depends on who's map you use Johnno. Looking more and more like a double-dip La Nina to me - despite the straw clutching of some...
Page 14 of 18 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 >
Who's Online
0 registered (), 245 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
ronaldo7, Storm within
Forum Stats
29444 Members
32 Forums
23760 Topics
1472191 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image