Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tropical and Central Australia
Originally Posted By: Raindammit Just letting you guys know that my little weather companion Dax passed away yesterday at 13.5 years old. Sorry to hear mate. It's a tough thing to deal with. All the best.
SE QLD / NE NSW
And people say the climate thread is confronting - we're downright homely compared to here lol
No thunder either from what i can remember. Just lots of rain. I think i got about 350 over 2 days
October 2011 had good rain, I do not recall near 12 hours of lightning and thunder.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Reading all the posts above made me laugh, so i can recommend an excellent site that is free : www.BOM.GOV.AU. First port of call for anything weather Try it and it has fantastic radars too. Any other information from any other site or news outlet.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Actually probably should add that there are numerous storm chasers that were worth following before fb got going and Jeff was one of a few that his videos had explanation. Anyway I guess what I'm trying to say is Weatherzone forum is alot better than
I don't remember this 2011 storm? Maybe a few too many Remember one maybe 99' when I lived in Westcourt that sat over us and dumped around 100mm in an hr or so. Sorry about the dogs lads, mine was parked up under the lychee tree a couple of years
Yeah that system hit on the 18th/19th October 2011, DU. I remember it well as I got stuck down near Paronella Park due to flooding.
NSW / ACT
Spitting here now
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Word Association Game by wet sky @ 19/10/2017 20:05

grill
Victoria
0.4mm and that was from a couple of attempts
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: What is it with the big blue dot....... by Oakdean @ 19/10/2017 19:59

Agreed to all, it used to be a little red dot, and that was fine, please can you change it back weatherzone?
NSW / ACT
Radar starting to look better. Already some rain in the Shoalhaven.
Originally Posted By: drivenunderI remember October 2011, we had a similar night. It rained on my night shift, with lightning like last night, flooding the place I worked at. It was a 200mm a night kinda night. I forget the date, but never forget i
I remember October 2011, we had a similar night. It rained on my night shift, with lightning like last night, flooding the place I worked at. It was a 200mm a night kinda night. I forget the date, but never forget it... Oct 2011 or 2012?
Victoria
Front-like change here: temp dropped suddenly, light dropped significantly and suddenly and wind turned to W/SW and strengthened. Low dark cloud moved under the broken convective cloud - all quite spectacular. Rain followed some minutes later: Bair
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Mad Elf #1.5 @ 19/10/2017 19:40

Solar is by no means useless & fantastic when the sun is out but some think its the holy grail together with windmills. Not so. There will always be a need for reliable power generators, diesel generators would be the last on the list pollution wise.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Why is it that we go straight to blaming people and not look at what was observed and discuss that. Dont think calling people out is the right thing. All these people have contributed alot we all look at things differently. Just tired of the Higgins
Good to see some nice totals. RD I feel your pain. Into my 51st year as a local and must say I have never seen an event like last night. I did not miss a moment of it from 11 last night and glad I seen it here and watched a lot via the internet, just
Victoria
It seems like mother nature has banished winter back to its lair given the recent temps in SA/VIC lately hopefully its a good sign of a change back to traditional summer temps this year that would be nice if there is a few warmish/hot days in Decembe
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Streamflow Observation by Seira @ 19/10/2017 19:24

Originally Posted By: SeiraRun-off Observations 48-hours out: Axis of heaviest falls approximately Mcilwraith-Bundaberg QLD -- Major Flood Warnings Issued (Bureau)! Falls exceeding 350 mm Kolan Catchment [since 9 am 15th of October]. Potentially 50-1
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Ken Kato @ 19/10/2017 19:16

Originally Posted By: Mad Elf #1.5Solar panels on their own dont store, only produce & when connected to the grid pays $. Usually remote areas have solar with battery/ diesel or petrol generators. Cloudy days make solar panels very inefficient, the
South Australia
It seems that mother nature has finally banished the pesky season that is winter back to its lair for another 6 months going by the last few days of pre summer like conditions including the 3 days in the high 20's and low 30's a sign of things to com
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Mad Elf #1.5 @ 19/10/2017 19:08

Yep, they get dirty all right. Clean mine every few months, when we had that dry spell we almost got into credit, dusty days are a bugger though. Looking forward to the next lot of rain Sat. What do you recon Ken?
Awwww RD thats very sad - sorry to hear that. I have just refound my password from all those years ago when you guys kept me sane when my house in Emerald was flooding - i owe you all such gratitude. I've moved to Maggie Island and I often think of
Page 15 of 44 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 43 44 >
Who's Online
14 registered (jackshalavin, Northwesterly, drivenunder, Sidney, Cheers, Mick10, Homer, Manly, Kezza34, Steve777, Mamma Tus, Kino, 2 invisible), 263 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Evil Kitty, Jake, ka0tik_pengwin, Nullamanna WX, shaunandwendy, stormygirl
Forum Stats
29389 Members
32 Forums
23700 Topics
1465799 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image