Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Driver Discussion 2017 (Enso, IOD, PDO ,SAM etc) by retired weather man @ 23/06/2017 16:18

marakai - Re your comparison with thermometers. I have an expensive Davis Pro 2 and also use 5 mercury thermometers, one of which measures grass temps. In hanging mercury thermometers onto the Davis at night, they are regularly 0.4 to 0.7 deg cold
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by EddyG @ 23/06/2017 15:29

Originally Posted By: Wave Rider Eddy- I reckon they could've been the 9am obs perhaps? I think those two do report at 9am and 3pm. There back on the radar again, if you're quick enough to see them!!
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Donzah @ 23/06/2017 15:28

Originally Posted By: Wave RiderCompletely windless today and covered in very interesting looking mid level cloud. Was actually a reasonable SW offshore this morning down the beach. Then went around to a nor.nor west. Was noticeable enough to slow
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by DaveM @ 23/06/2017 15:22

High cloud clearing pretty much out here now. Mostly sunny.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: NRL Season 2017 by Mega @ 23/06/2017 15:08

Thurston gone for season. Devastating.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by tsunami @ 23/06/2017 15:04

Just somthing a little different Looking at the 4 day map. Would i be correct in saying looks to be a cold sotherly comming latter next week...
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Mike Hauber @ 23/06/2017 14:50

Thats surprising Ken, I was a believer in the Ekka westerlies. What period is that for? Do you have any for say the last 10 years?
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by EddyG @ 23/06/2017 14:44

Originally Posted By: Wave RiderCompletely windless today and covered in very interesting looking mid level cloud. Much the same here, actually it looks like it could even precip. Overnight low was 6.7c and the temp managed to reach 18.1c before
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Wave Rider @ 23/06/2017 14:26

Completely windless today and covered in very interesting looking mid level cloud.
South Australia
Originally Posted By: ThD Ht on a personal level these fine sunny cool windless days have been awesome living weather and in one way am going to be sad to see them come to an end. The Japanese say akibara - fine autumn weather and in as m
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Ken Kato @ 23/06/2017 13:24

I think part of that is simply because more people can mentally associate those winds to a particular well-known annual event that a lot of people go to (and get exposed to the winds) and therefore remember it better. Traditionally, various location
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ 23/06/2017 12:05

A rather chilly morning in Sydney so far with mid level cloud about (NW Cloud Band: "I'm ba-ack"). It's now 14 at OH, 13-14 across most of Sydney and a bit warmer by the sea. The BOM are still going with a max of 19. The models seem to have reduced
General Weather
Impressive omega block forecast.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Namarrkun @ 23/06/2017 12:01

Originally Posted By: HopefullThere is still plenty of time for the westerlies to arrive. i always associate the Westerlies occurring more around the time of the EKKA being in town or just before it, so late July early August...no idea if there's rec
Weather Photography
Jump to new posts Re: Winter Weather Images 2017 by DaveM @ 23/06/2017 10:38

Lovely shots STL
Tropical and Central Australia
No mate It was all good, quite a nice morning really ( better than 33 degrees and 95% RH)
General Weather
...But at least he's looking a bit deeper than just what the models are saying. Some contributors to this thread just echo the models and then savage them if they forecast some undesired outcome.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: AFL Season 2017 by JimmyGray @ 23/06/2017 09:22

Holy Moly if anyone is going to get 9 out of 9 in the tips this week then they need to be drug tested. Again the Crows were found out by a team that wanted it more. I am now certain that ANYONE that finishes in the top eight at the end of the minor r
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by DaveM @ 23/06/2017 09:04

Yes D - Axs and GFS fairly similar too. AXS pushes the 5400 to Qld border. GFS a little less but similar. Might be able to get a bit hopeful of this one. That GFS rain event disappeared as quickly as it appeared Clear some humidity and ease the f
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by DaveM @ 23/06/2017 09:00

Excellent report MH Sounded like a lovely day, very descriptive
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Hopefull @ 23/06/2017 08:59

But if those areas that need rain do not get any it will be a cruel harsh winter.
Tropical and Central Australia
Tipped out 13 mm this morning.. Did you need your raincoat this morning Weary..?
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Hopefull @ 23/06/2017 08:48

There is still plenty of time for the westerlies to arrive.
South Australia
errr no... read into it what you may, but just pointing out how bad these systems are going. Getting less than diddly squat just sums it up. Can I add though, that you will notice that both lennie and myself wrote it off despite the models. There are
Marine
Jump to new posts Re: Crocs by Purnong @ 23/06/2017 08:00

Originally Posted By: ColdFrontMy "what a world" comment was reference to the fake news article. It sucked in someone in Cairns area that should have known better as it quotes the Cairns Times. There is no Cairns Times. Someone must have a sick bent
Page 15 of 16 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 >
Who's Online
8 registered (Homer, LightningGus, Mad Elf #1.5, seaworthy, DNO, liberator, Mathew, DarrylS), 293 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Luke-wx, siebrand, Weather Freak1
Forum Stats
29298 Members
32 Forums
23628 Topics
1454421 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image