Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: SA - Storms / Rainband Nov 14-15 2017 by Pooley72 @ 15/11/2017 22:12

A friend that I have in Pinnaroo says they have had 70mm there today and 1/2 the town is under water...
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Namarrkun @ 15/11/2017 22:04

3.9mm received for Salisbury from today's showers
The Lounge
Jump to new posts World Cup - Russia 2018 by EddyG @ 15/11/2017 21:51

Aussie's are through to their 4th consecutive World Cup. Oh man I'm so happy!!! Well played Australia!!!
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by Stale fish @ 15/11/2017 21:46

Some good thunder today but know lightning. Only 1mm. Hoping for good drizzle overnight. The Soil dryness index has 21 places over 100 or more and up to 155mm. This is extremely dry for this time of year and dryer than last summer at any point.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Where do these maps come from? by teckert @ 15/11/2017 20:56

yer temp maps produced by weatherzone and often shown on their twitter feed.. https://twitter.com/weatherzone/status/930232871528181761
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: SA - Storms / Rainband Nov 14-15 2017 by Markus @ 15/11/2017 20:55

Been drizzling over 80% of the day here, setting back in now and given the winds this should continue the entire night into tomorrow. Almost feels like winter, only 12 degrees currently...magnificent!
Victoria
Originally Posted By: The FishmanWhy is the radar showing the lightning strikes in the Northwest, going down and to the left and over in the Northeast going down and to the right! ...the 700hPa wind direction? (Storms weak/low level8?).
Victoria
35c here today. No seabreeze. No storms. Dead calm 31c outside now and the cicada's would drive anyone mad! If a storm is to arrive in Gippy, it'll be during my beauty sleep (where Petros tries to make an inventory of where/how he lost all those
Victoria
Why is the radar showing the lightning strikes in the Northwest, going down and to the left and over in the Northeast going down and to the right!
Victoria
No rain today, a few very tiny showers around But basically just virga! Central and west vic looks really good For substantial rain👍 It's coming straight down from the north Which is not good for gippslanders due To the Rangers to the north
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: SA - Storms / Rainband Nov 14-15 2017 by willitrainagain @ 15/11/2017 18:56

Currently sitting at 42mm her in Mildura and still raining heavily. Radar here next to useless
Victoria
Just had a lightning strike, hit very close to the Red Cliffs, township. The ground moved, I swear. Last time it was that close, Avocado trees burned, over the hill from me.
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: SA - Storms / Rainband Nov 14-15 2017 by betsuin @ 15/11/2017 18:35

8.5mm here. The crickets are humming like crazy.
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by MOUNTAIN h2o @ 15/11/2017 18:17

Another hellish day , played golf @ Richmond and 9 holes was all we could take . A good down poor around Rosny area on the way home . Can't seeing the rain totals adding to much and also have very grave doubts on how tomorrow is going to anywhere nea
Tropical and Central Australia
Originally Posted By: scott12Well thats all interesting Simmo..the cooler weather has been a treat...the sun only lasted about an hour here this morning,before clouds and showers started....bloody weird November weather.. Does anyone else have the f
Tropical and Central Australia
Originally Posted By: Simmo FNQHalf way through the month and I am 3.2c below the last couple of years average. Indeed you are. http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/awap/temp/inde...d=week&area=nat
Victoria
Forcefield activates and the storm evaporates. 4 good quality pieces of lightning before the HAARP was activated
Weather Photography
Jump to new posts Re: Spring Weather Images 2017 by Skysthelimit @ 15/11/2017 17:40

Wow looks like an awesome beach to visit with or without your camera Eddy. Likewise I've enjoyed looking through your Flickr site. Very impressive array of pictures My grandson and I were checking out your night beach lightning shots Hello and tha
Victoria
Heavy rain & Thunder here in Red Cliffs.
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by BrightonBreeze @ 15/11/2017 17:17

The Storms on radar looked good earlier on but looked like most of the rain was evaporating, however just had a cracker of a downpour at home! Was red on the radar and is moving towards Hobart airport. Still very unstable aloft so we might get anoth
General Weather
A moderately strong but short lived WWB resulted from that MJO event which helped give birth to Yasi and as the trade winds snapped back quickly that pushed Yasi onto the coast.
General Weather
Hi Locke, Looking at the MJO gragh back in January 2011 it looked like it was weak until the end of the flood event when it rapidly intensify into Phase 6. http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/mjo/graphics/archive/MJO_phase/201101.phase.90days.gif
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Squeako_88 @ 15/11/2017 16:26

Interesting, GFS showing moist NE winds up to 600hpa during Saturday for the SE coast with enhanced rainfall. EC is also showing enhanced rainfall on Saturday with the help of the upper trough. Before the ridge takes over during Sunday and the upper
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Timbuck @ 15/11/2017 16:24

Originally Posted By: MegaI know people are already sick of this ridge but I'll take this any day over the endless heat and cloudless skies of El-Nino. Bad for our storm season yes but at least other parts of the country are about to benefit. +1.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ 15/11/2017 16:13

That Ne’etly has some grunt today, gusting to nearly 30 knots here!
Page 16 of 26 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25 26 >
Who's Online
7 registered (petethemoskeet, Weather Nerd, wrxflame, szo, dknever, Bundy, 1 invisible), 232 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
haras, TheAnt
Forum Stats
29401 Members
32 Forums
23725 Topics
1468910 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image