Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - Major Heatwave likely 10/01/19 - 20/01/19 by ThunderBob @ 16/01/2019 18:09

A very few spots as a blobby cell passed to my NE. Quite a few rumbles ... which takes me to the Bushfire thread ...
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: 2018/19 Fire Season Update and Discussion by logansi @ 16/01/2019 18:03

10 fires now, entire eastern half aircraft are committed.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by PlumbBob @ 16/01/2019 18:02

Looks to be some interesting times not too far away ? ? ? I know it is a week away, but to have the following week of instability is interesting enough for this duck - & 7 days in a row surely accounts for something. One could quite likely assume s
NSW / ACT
No sea breeze here. In fact it is dead still. 5km from beach.
NSW / ACT
The sea breeze seems weaker today. Yesterday afternoon was very windy here, but today is fairly calm, at least here. Hazy skies as well. Some convective cloud to the west, but I doubt any storms will reach the coast.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: 2018/19 Fire Season Update and Discussion by logansi @ 16/01/2019 17:08

atleast 3 fires now from lightning in the eastern ranges, lightning continuing. Aircraft up. 4 Fires now, bombers, helitacks and reppel teams all airborne.
NSW / ACT
Maximum temps around Sydney today. Distance from sea is measured in a straight line in a general E or NE direction as per the sea breeze, to the open ocean (e.g. Bankstown is less than 20 km from Cronulla to the SE): Code: To sea M
NSW / ACT
I've noticed over the last couple months that Terrey Hills always over reads the DP's when you compare it with the other nearby stations.
NSW / ACT
Either somethings up with the Terrey hills AWS or there's a local effect going on. DPs up to 26.7C at 10:30am with a temp of 28.7C
General Weather
Sorry Delta-T we are talking a totally different language. You have misquoted what I actually wrote, so your context is all wrong. Volcanos and earthquakes are linked to solar minimum periods so relevant. Solar insolation is relevant but is not my
NSW / ACT
34.7 C seems to be my maximum for today Cabramurra surpassed its record with 32.1 C today; old record 31.9 C.
NSW / ACT
Thanks J Pabo, I was wondering what it would be like underneath that storm last night. Here is wide angle shot of those storms north of the Bts and I think that anvil to the far right of screen is somewhere west of Kempsey. _MG_6612 by Eddy Groot, o
NSW / ACT
41.2C at Canberra today so far.
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by boxingkoala @ 16/01/2019 15:30

great for the tomato and pumpkins etc. lol
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: EddyGI was hoping that storm around broke would make for a nice sunset, but the colours after sundown just didn't happen. Anyway you can see the decaying storm in this pic, right hand side of pic. Sunset by Eddy Groot, on Flickr
NSW / ACT
Cb towers have formed overhead here, capping the temperature and obscuring that baking sun. Max so far 33C. Distant thunder and rain in the north east towards Gingkin & Jenolan. I see the temp at Mudgee Airport has dropped 10 thanks to a storm. 2nd
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: KinoOriginally Posted By: ipexOriginally Posted By: Wave Rider[quote=Jimi] Yes me too, you only have to read the archived climate threads to see that this discussion causes people to badly insult one another (not sure why). S
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by J Pabo @ 16/01/2019 15:12

Originally Posted By: EddyGEven the well watered lawns around here are struggling, the lawns that are not watered are next to dead, very hard to keep moisture in sand based lawns. And I have gone and fertilised my lawn heavily today!! Eddy, it i
NSW / ACT
Steve, i meant the vis sat pic. Sorry
NSW / ACT
Some development towards my south atm. Hope we get something later. Don't want anvil cloud keeping a lid on our night time temps.
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: Long Road Home... Any archived images from when Sydney had it? Looks pretty cool Here's one from DECEMBER 17:
General Weather
Originally Posted By: GringosRainOriginally Posted By: Delta-T"we may be seeing some early effects" Really? What (global) effects are these? No effect where I live, in fact the opposite. Oops sorry, thats a local weather isn't it. "so I think none
Alpine & Snow
Jump to new posts Re: 2018 Australian Snow Season by Jimi @ 16/01/2019 14:53

For something slightly different, here are a few shots from a month ago - 9 December to be exact and my first time skiing in summer in Australia. We were up there for other reasons but I found some old skis and boots in the workshop and couldn't resi
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: Steve777Sea fog: Any archived images from when Sydney had it? Looks pretty cool
NSW / ACT
Snow cover will be a bit soft and slushy. Especially on the lower slopes below the top of Karels T-bar.
Page 16 of 33 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 32 33 >
Who's Online
9 registered (Kino, Adaminaby Angler, Rhino, Eigerwand, dormant, Delta-T, Cheers, 2 invisible), 384 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Buzzy, Ol'Wobbly, taxdodger
Forum Stats
29775 Members
32 Forums
24064 Topics
1512482 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image