Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Weather
My take is nothing was particularly notable about AAO (SAM) at the time of the late 2010 early 2011 wet period. It appeared to be within normal variation.
General Weather
A good read here for that La Nina https://www.researchgate.net/publication/255821841_The_2011_La_Nina_So_strong_the_oceans_fell
General Weather
Originally Posted By: FunkyseefunkydoOriginally Posted By: FlowinOriginally Posted By: FunkyseefunkydoWas the SAM positive in 2011? http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/daily_ao_index/aao/month_aao_index.shtml Makes sense. "um .
General Weather
Yes the SAM was strongly positive for that period which negated the effects of a negative IOD.
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by duckweather @ 14/08/2018 18:46

Yes Petros they changed the location to further north to Heyfield. It didn't rock my world either, but I woke up at the time of the tremor. We have been having little short rumbles [1 second or less] and I thought I felt one mini one this morning.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Driver Discussion 2018 (Enso, IOD, PDO ,SAM etc) by Funkyseefunkydo @ 14/08/2018 18:40

Originally Posted By: FlowinOriginally Posted By: FunkyseefunkydoWas the SAM positive in 2011? http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/daily_ao_index/aao/month_aao_index.shtml Makes sense.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Melbourne & Victoria day to day weather by Petros @ 14/08/2018 18:36

Another spring-like day here, calm/sunny morning, fresh mild WNW'ly breeze in arvo, 20C.
General Weather
Originally Posted By: FunkyseefunkydoWas the SAM positive in 2011? http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/daily_ao_index/aao/month_aao_index.shtml
General Weather
In regards to the 2011 events the percentage was higher for La Nina influence(well into positive territory) but those high readings came after the events were more than half way through.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Driver Discussion 2018 (Enso, IOD, PDO ,SAM etc) by Funkyseefunkydo @ 14/08/2018 18:24

Was the SAM positive in 2011?
General Weather
Originally Posted By: FunkyseefunkydoOriginally Posted By: petethemoskeetI don't believe a La Nina is the panacea we think it is.Yes it may contribute a small percent to a wetter outlook but we have to stop using it as though it's the only thing that
General Weather
Originally Posted By: FunkyseefunkydoOriginally Posted By: petethemoskeetI don't believe a La Nina is the panacea we think it is.Yes it may contribute a small percent to a wetter outlook but we have to stop using it as though it's the only thing that
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Driver Discussion 2018 (Enso, IOD, PDO ,SAM etc) by Funkyseefunkydo @ 14/08/2018 18:03

Originally Posted By: petethemoskeetI don't believe a La Nina is the panacea we think it is.Yes it may contribute a small percent to a wetter outlook but we have to stop using it as though it's the only thing that matters. What percentage do you thi
General Weather
Originally Posted By: petethemoskeetI don't believe a La Nina is the panacea we think it is.Yes it may contribute a small percent to a wetter outlook but we have to stop using it as though it's the only thing that matters. Yep, well said.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Matt Pearce @ 14/08/2018 17:24

Kino and Funkyseefunkydo - as you have both just blatantly ignored my last post, you are both on your last official warning. One further post that is not 100% science based with no personal attacks will result in a permanent ban. Grow up.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Funkyseefunkydo @ 14/08/2018 17:17

Originally Posted By: KinoSee, this is why it was banned. AW didn't in anyway attack you but put across some evidence, you on the other hand do nothing but troll on this forum, constantly attacking anyone who doesn't fit in your religion. I searched
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Ken Kato @ 14/08/2018 15:46

Originally Posted By: tsunamiLooking at isobar map. It is going to get realy cold early next week Winds coming from the artic Yeah, could be some snowfall up to the central or even northern NSW tablelands if the colder scenarios hold true. Still a n
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Ken Kato @ 14/08/2018 15:45

Originally Posted By: Warwick Eye2SkyAs usual, nice picture Ken. Good frost coverage for sure. Do you live in a low line area? Thanks Michael, and yep I sure do. 15mins from the Brisbane CBD and still in the metro area but this area is low-lying.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by tsunami @ 14/08/2018 15:42

Looking at isobar map. It is going to get realy cold early next week Winds coming from the artic
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by cold@28 @ 14/08/2018 15:22

And at the other end of the continent M 6.1 - 126km NE of Bristol Island, South Sandwich Islands 2018-08-14 03:29:53 UTC 58.111°S 25.259°W 35.0 km depth https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us1000g8kf#executive
General Weather
Originally Posted By: ozone doug ENSO alert at 2 pm today by the BOM. Not sure if i misheard But there is a update forecast for today. You heard correctly. Update is out http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/enso/
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by Mad Elf #1.5 @ 14/08/2018 14:49

Love your commentary Duck and hope those Alaskan EQs are a coincidence but if they happen to start moving to the SE along all them fault zones, we both know where that will end up. Some people over there are watching Nth Alaska very closely.
General Weather
I thought i heard something on the abc this morning,only caught the end of it about ENSO alert at 2 pm today by the BOM. Not sure if i misheard But there is a update forecast for today. Guess i will find out shortly lol.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ 14/08/2018 13:38

Originally Posted By: ozthunderBack to topic on hand. I am mildly interested in next Sunday's snow chances. We "may" just have enough SW/S in the winds to get some moisture east of the divide. There is also the chance of a wrap around cloud band com
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ 14/08/2018 13:36

Originally Posted By: Eigerwand Pfftt, you’re another one to watch mr “the ice age is nigh”... Show me ONE post where I said such? You won't or can't.
Page 16 of 19 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 >
Who's Online
12 registered (cold@28, Homer, Petros, Lee@Hazo, pete28, A sunshower, DaveM, gleno71, Mike Hauber, 3 invisible), 353 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
JEFF.H., LaLa, Matt Pearce, Squirel2000, TJK1974, Traveller Steveo, Watcher@Tmba
Forum Stats
29631 Members
32 Forums
23945 Topics
1495953 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image