Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by retired weather man @ 18/08/2017 16:06

Wynnum North- current humidity 11%, dew point minus -8C.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Mega @ 18/08/2017 16:01

http://satview.bom.gov.au Zoom into QLD. Can see all the fires burning. Can also see the one on the Sunny Coast on radar.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Wet Low impacting Tuesday 15th-Sat 19th Aug. by doogasnow @ 18/08/2017 15:59

What a day so far, max of 6c was 3c until Lunch with hail, sleet and wet snow falling The whole morning! Currently a balmy 5c and expecting A lot colder condition tonight
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ 18/08/2017 15:57

Interesting observation - we've basically been experiencing Cat 1 Cyclone conditions most of the day (minus the rain and humidity of course). Went out to the car before, it's parked prob 200m of more from the Lake. Covered in salt from the spray wh
NSW / ACT
Grau peal was reported one afternoon in Sydney several years ago. I was driving on the Central Coast and also encountered what was probably the same system. It wasn't ice pellets but more like a fall of big slushy rain drops that left a soft icy depo
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Mad Elf #1.5 @ 18/08/2017 15:31

Looking at what seems a huge dust cloud to the south of us towards Gatton, anyone else see it? A wee little dust storm heading towards Brissie. Gonabe a beautiful sunset tonight.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Wet Low impacting Tuesday 15th-Sat 19th Aug. by Lindsay Knowles @ 18/08/2017 15:23

A bit of hail. Pic taken by Andre Dalton. We have had a couple of lots of hail here at Carrum Downs today
NSW / ACT
According to Meteye there seems to be some actual snow due in town late tonight/early tomorrow morning.
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: davidmOriginally Posted By: isaYGraupel. So that's what its called. I wouldn't trust my word on it - I always get snow words confused Google tells me it's more "ice pellets" or the american definition of sleet. I think your
NSW / ACT
I think Graupel is soft hail.
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: isaYGraupel. So that's what its called. I wouldn't trust my word on it - I always get snow words confused Google tells me it's more "ice pellets" or the american definition of sleet.
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: davidmGraupel/light hail falling Much bigger temp drop than previous showers - 6.5c to 4.6c. 1 of those degrees in less than 5 minutes. Edit: Dropping like a rock... 4.1c now. Would've liked a drop like this this morning lol
NSW / ACT
Nice one Cheers Beautiful winters day in Orange. 2.6c with an apparent around -4c. Temps still dropping. Sleet showers blowing in on gusts ever 15 mins or so. Councils closed the road to Mt Canobolas due to snow
NSW / ACT
Graupel/light hail falling Much bigger temp drop than previous showers - 6.5c to 4.6c. 1 of those degrees in less than 5 minutes. Edit: Dropping like a rock... 4.1c now. Would've liked a drop like this this morning lol Edit 2: 3.2c...
NSW / ACT
Good size flakes now. Temp 3.8 and dropping.
NSW / ACT
A few snowflakes in Katoomba just now.
South Australia
Originally Posted By: willitrainagainover the four days till 8am today I have recorded exactly 100mm Damn, Mount Barker is in the zone this year! Only one inch behind last year closing in on 8 inches for the month, wow. Managed 2.5mm at home but
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by Stale fish @ 18/08/2017 14:37

Have sleet ATM with some nice snow flakes. Still to warm temp 3.7 degrees but heavy showers
NSW / ACT
Stopped snowing for now here at caravan park. Temp 4.2
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by eauetsoleil @ 18/08/2017 14:21

Originally Posted By: Wave RiderIsn't Barangaroo a new development? Pretty concerning if windows are breaking. International House Sydney at Barangaroo reports of three windows shattered in the tower and fell up to five storeys. http://www.archite
NSW / ACT
Snowing nicely at Oberon caravan park but not settling yet .
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Wave Rider @ 18/08/2017 14:15

Isn't Barangaroo a new development? Pretty concerning if windows are breaking.
NSW / ACT
Heavy showers coming through here now. Got some icy splats in me ear'ole when outside. This will drop snow around Yetholme/Sunny corner for sure.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ 18/08/2017 13:57

Sydney Airport has joined the 100 club. Trees are really threshing about here, but haven't seen any down so far. Feels pretty cold, even though its about 16-17. EDIT: http://www.smh.com.au/environment/weathe...817-gxyx1x.html Report on "vigorous"
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ 18/08/2017 13:55

Originally Posted By: eauetsoleilReports coming in of Barangaroo windows being smashed by the wind. Impressive! Wind has finally backed off here a bit. Apparently another surge due later as the low passes to east and bombs.
Page 17 of 24 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 23 24 >
Who's Online
6 registered (Weary, HughJarse, rainiac, Kino, 2 invisible), 296 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Forum Stats
29346 Members
32 Forums
23664 Topics
1458998 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image