Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Victoria
2 Major fires going in the states west his Emergency Warning is being issued for Balmoral. There is a bushfire at the Recreation Reserve on HARROW RD, BALMORAL that is not yet under control. The bushfire is travelling in a southerly direction and
NSW / ACT
It's reach 38 degrees in Sydney's outer West, Penrith up to 38.6 so far (101.5 F). Even the Airport had passed 30. OH has 'surged' to 28 with a drop in the Easterly. Re the Sydney Harbour site, that is actually on a navigational structure on a reef
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Kino850hpa at 240 hours? You gotta be kidding? #grainofsalt surely? Agreement with CFS. MJO forecast supports. Multiple runs forecasting similar. Far from guaranteed, but worth mentioning. The rest of the forecast is still
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come by doogasnow @ 13/12/2017 15:00

Yep agree ca! Couple of days ago the Models had an inch of rain forecast for Most of Gippsland next Tuesday and Now it's already back to bugger all! Think the BoM did state that the current La Niņa was a short and weak system ? We have had 90 odd m
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Mega I think he's overplaying the warming again as he's been saying that for months. Saying that its going to warm for months? Late Sep westerly anomaly event I only ever claimed a short term warming which did occur, and also
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: bundybear Being calm makes no difference. She will still destroy the house. She is also having other behavior issues. Attacking the other dogs for no reason except they are on the veranda, beside me, in the yard. Where once
Tropical and Central Australia
Finally a shower here in the city. A few more would be good to help the firies put out that huge fire at Sim's Scrape Metal Works!!
General Weather
850hpa at 240 hours? You gotta be kidding? #grainofsalt surely?
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Pete R Actual WWB or just slackening of the Trades? In the west Strong westerlies have been occurring for a while now and are forecast to get stronger. Towards the central Pacific slackening of trades is forecast to occur wh
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: JimiMore than 15C separates Sydney Harbour and Penrith currently One of the main reasons I moved away from Penrith up to the central coast. Haven't even needed aircon this season yet. Where's in Penrith probably would've had it
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by Snowies @ 13/12/2017 13:57

I see the BOM revised the predicted Hobart top from 31 back to 29 this morning, struggled to get going this morning but close to 25 now. May be touch and go to reach 29. Had 3 warm days at home week, 25.5, 26.3 and 26.8 - today and tomorrow will be
NSW / ACT
It's really green out here now BUT it won't take long to knock that about with the hot run. Will stop the lawn in it's tracks again.
NSW / ACT
More than 15C separates Sydney Harbour and Penrith currently
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: Steve777Might get some mixing of hotter air lower down if it does actually get as hot as forecast in the West. I keep an eye on Terrey Hills for signs of that. 43.0 at Smithville is the best effort in NSW thus far. At these te
General Weather
Originally Posted By: MegaI see westerlies @ 150E on this chart: https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfs/2017121218/gfs_mslp_wind_swpac_21.png Looks much more significant @ 850mb: www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfs/2017121218/g
General Weather
I see westerlies @ 150E on this chart: https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfs/2017121218/gfs_mslp_wind_swpac_21.png Looks much more significant @ 850mb: https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfs/2017121218/gfs_mslp_uv850_swpa
SE QLD / NE NSW
My meat ants are now building a dyke , something which they have not done since oswald came in,would be good to talk to their forecasters.
NSW / ACT
Interesting Dave. Didnt realise that either. Makes you wonder about the mechanics of that.... Just checked temp and was a bit surprised...36 already. I really wouldnt mind if the dams were full and we had rain....but if this keeps up we are going
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come by chasers addict @ 13/12/2017 13:03

Bush-fires big problem to worry about before Christmas and i am thinking El Niņo at moment.
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Mike HauberSubstantial upgrade of WWB forecast by both EC and GFS. Looking like a rapid transition to warm side of ENSO is now on the cards. Can you provide a link? Because I've just checked ACCESS (10 day); GFS (8 day) & CMC
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by DaveM @ 13/12/2017 12:56

VERY envious of your temp outlook for the next week - my turn to cook now and you guys are more temperate. However - like us no rain on the horizon.
NSW / ACT
We've almost cracked 30 - definitely will very soon, tends to keep warming till about 6 or 6.30 out here this time of year. As an aside - I've had a peek at sun rise & set times for here. We've actually already gone past our earliest sun rise time
NSW / ACT
It's heating up in Sydney's outer West, now up to 33-34. Meanwhile, at OH, the temperature has plunged (well, it's dropped a couple of degrees anyway) to 24 in that barrelling Easterly. I wouldn't be surprised if the 26.6 recorded at 10:26 is today's
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by duckweather @ 13/12/2017 11:32

Hi folks. Well Australia, namely NSW, SA, WA and a bit of Vic is seeing some interesting activity at the moment. NSW is feeling some concerted energy atm.. I feel the energy causing these tremors is coming in from the South East Indian Ridge [direct
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Mike HauberSubstantial upgrade of WWB forecast by both EC and GFS. Looking like a rapid transition to warm side of ENSO is now on the cards. Actual WWB or just slackening of the Trades?
Page 17 of 21 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 >
Who's Online
0 registered (), 237 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Ganesh, Lizardman
Forum Stats
29444 Members
32 Forums
23761 Topics
1472335 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image