Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
SE QLD / NE NSW
Don't bother with weather on FB - too sensational. BoM for me.
Victoria
It appears that a low pressure system, born over Perth, can somehow hold itself together for a long trip to Vic mid next week. At this stage, might track along the Murray R and maybe give us parched Gippslanders 20mm or so from easterlies??
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Nature's Fury @ 20/10/2017 18:26

Originally Posted By: sixtiesKen's temp chart reminded me a "typical" La-nina SST chart. Come to think of it the build up to this years wet season has a very 2010ish feel to it Not sure that this is the case at all. In 2010 we had day after day of
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by CirrusFibratus @ 20/10/2017 18:23

Well we nabbed 81.3mm from that last event, haven't seen the grass look this good for a long time.
NSW / ACT
Forecast of 17C here today, got to 16 at around 8am, but with 9am reset the official max would be about 12.7 recorded at 9am. Most of the day was 10 or 11C so it really felt freeeeezing cold. We don't usually get these temps in winter but yet up h
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by signalman @ 20/10/2017 18:19

Thanks Col - much appreciated.
NSW / ACT
looks like it's going to rain all night in liverpool.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Colin Maitland @ 20/10/2017 18:12

Originally Posted By: signalmanThe trough line currently extends from Charleville to Moree. Not a lot of weather in it by the look of the Maranoa Radar. What is the chance of this system clearing the Eastern Downs overnight and the South-East corner
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by signalman @ 20/10/2017 18:11

Cheers Kino and Pete. BOM guidance is for showers/patchy rain overnight and continuing tomorrow morning. Maybe a storm or two. Clearance pm. My seeking the thoughts of others results from having to decide on a visit to Toowoomba then Brisbane tomorro
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by NotsohopefulPete @ 20/10/2017 17:59

Hey signalman, have a chat with your fellow Warwick poster, and yes, always check the Bom forecasts.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Kino @ 20/10/2017 17:53

Originally Posted By: signalmanNo use replying to myself whilst a number of commentators are communicating on a site that is now dated. Oh well - such is life. Time to check-in on BOM forecasts. Sorry, I'd comment but nit from your area but they'r
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: LockeSignature now added with a disclaimer. GOLD!
SE QLD / NE NSW
Signature now added with a disclaimer.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by signalman @ 20/10/2017 17:38

No use replying to myself whilst a number of commentators are communicating on a site that is now dated. Oh well - such is life. Time to check-in on BOM forecasts.
NSW / ACT
Just started to rain heavily again here at Cooks Gap along with a wind shift to a quite stiff Sou Westerly. 27mm for the event so far
SE QLD / NE NSW
Yep I agree with what you are both saying. What I'm saying is on here the forum we should be able to forecast and talk models etc qualified or unqualified. FB on the other hand what can I say its good as much as its bad. I've seen and read plenty of
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Word Association Game by ozone doug @ 20/10/2017 16:56

crackling
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Word Association Game by ozone doug @ 20/10/2017 16:56

Pork mmmm ,lol made me hungry.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Word Association Game by J Pabo @ 20/10/2017 16:46

Roast
General Weather
Originally Posted By: KinoOriginally Posted By: Mike HauberAs I said westerlies along the equator near a typhoon will cause warming along the equator. And your evidence? As I said earlier this morning: Quote:1997 has four examples of typhoons
NSW / ACT
This is really looking good now, 21mm and rising, go you good thing.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ 20/10/2017 16:04

Today is one of those days where the Max temp is likely to be recorded just before 9am tomorrow. Huge diurnal range today - Min of 16; Max of 16. However; looking ahead later next week may just be wet with the first spring ECL forecast and quite wi
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: Steve777After a few hours of light drizzle and spitting rain, the rain picked up again from about 2:00PM, becoming moderately heavy. OH is now up to 19mm for the event, Olympic park 25mm (an inch in the old money), Chatswood 18m
General Weather
While thinking about typhoons in this discussion I found some interesting papers re: ENSO and correlation to hurricane/typhoon development. The location and number of Pacific Typhoons/Hurricanes in the WestPac, CentPac and EastPac are symptomatic o
NSW / ACT
After a few hours of light drizzle and spitting rain, the rain picked up again from about 2:00PM, becoming moderately heavy. OH is now up to 19mm for the event, Olympic park 25mm (an inch in the old money), Chatswood 18mm. Just drove through Lane C
Page 18 of 42 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 41 42 >
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 266 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
aurbina1, Justin Case
Forum Stats
29389 Members
32 Forums
23700 Topics
1465986 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image