Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
South Australia
Ramping up again with lots of showers below a line St Kilda Port Vincent on Yorks. That what referred to here as the "forcefield"? Wind speed stepping up too.
Victoria
Reached a high of 15.1C here in Belgrave yesterday. Blustery and mostly cloudy with a few occasional showers, but also with sunny breaks especially in the afternoon. Despite the wind chill it felt a little mild, almost spring-like! Well, we are te
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Interview the person below you! by Wave Rider @ 17/07/2017 23:43

A. Winter has been alright for me here, it's been rather pleasant and not windy so far. Q. What was your first car? Mine is a 2003 Nissan Pulsar.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ 17/07/2017 23:31

Great sunset pictures Eddy. I saw that sunset over Tuggerah Lake at Long Jetty. Quite beautiful over calm waters. I saw some convective-looking clouds and virga about as well. Coming back to Sydney, it was 8-9 degrees on the F3, 9-10 on the Upper No
World
Jump to new posts Re: Shivering in South America - Mid July 2017 by Blair Trewin @ 17/07/2017 23:05

Originally Posted By: Wave Rider Wow 4.3 below the prev record at Bariloche is pretty impressive. Where did you find this stat? My approximate equivalent in SMN, the Argentine national meteorological service (whom I've worked with a fair bit on
General Weather
Perhaps if La Nina does indeed form this year it could be the La Nina that we should of got in 2016 but all the heat from the 2015 El Nino threw everything out of whack.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by EddyG @ 17/07/2017 22:33

Originally Posted By: EddyGBeautiful afternoon here, hopefully a nice sunset is on the cards, actually could be a ripper, river is like glass a mackerel sky to go with it!! It wasn't quite the ripper that I was hoping for, but it was enjoyable anyw
Weather Photography
Jump to new posts Re: Winter Weather Images 2017 by EddyG @ 17/07/2017 22:30

Thanks STL As for photobucket I stopped using it a couple of years ago, I was losing too much detail in my images, photos were coming out flat looking and not sharp at all, I started using Flickr and haven't looked backed. Anyhow I probably lost abo
Victoria
Cause they only warn for SEVERE Thunderstorms which is. Large hail that is greater than 2cms Damaging winds 90/km or greater Heavy rainfall leading to major Flash Flooding General thunderstorms do not get a warning The cold and dry continues shap
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW / ACT - Possible future events by EddyG @ 17/07/2017 22:12

Originally Posted By: HomerOriginally Posted By: Long Road HomeExt-GFS going for a reasonable inland warm-up once again. How nice that would be, just needs to be persistent. Either way, not long now til we really start warming up Piss off. That
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Colin Maitland @ 17/07/2017 22:07

Hey Ken do I get the feeling you are rather happy about Wednesday's forecast. Thanks Seabreeze for your input, I thought about the implications that would be involved in trying to restore photo's. 2 Main problems is that 1. it would fall into
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW / ACT - Possible future events by Knot @ 17/07/2017 22:05

P.s. Article here if anyone interested in reading
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW / ACT - Possible future events by Knot @ 17/07/2017 21:51

Was reading something interesting in a 2007 article in the SMH that states during the the younger Dryas period of the last ice age when dramatic cooling occured in the northern hemisphere, Australia and NZ appear to have gotten warmer. Fascinating. A
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Seabreeze @ 17/07/2017 21:07

It's happened before with other free image hosts last decade. Older images on net became unviewable, often in the older parts of this forum the images are dead because the host doesn't exist anymore or the person may have deleted their photohosting a
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Ken Kato @ 17/07/2017 21:06

Simplified version of this week's weather highlights post I made:
Tropical and Central Australia
Winds always that little bit better down there ay Pogo. Was a nice day in gvale though with a not too bad afternoon breeze. Wednesday here will be 15-20 as per normal.
Victoria
Bendigo locals saying in Facebook news saying " Why no BOM warning for Thunderstorms.. I picked up Thunderstorms around Horsham about 4pm on radar.
Victoria
Hail is likely for East and Melbourne as cells is fast moving.. I saw wall clouds and lucky Bendigo city lights shows the clouds and was worried told my wife put Car in Garage as cant prove what size hail might be...as only small hail that's good..
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Mad Elf #1.5 @ 17/07/2017 19:38

It was a very warm & sunny day here today, shorts & singlet weather while gardening, fantastic. Sorry for the off topic, I am not a lawyer, but this bullcrap stunt photbucket pulled, there must be terms & conditions people agreed to use it at the tim
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Long Road Home @ 17/07/2017 19:35

7C difference between SYD olympic park and the harbour. 8.4C at the OP with calm conditions, Harbour 15.4C with a light NW'er.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW / ACT - Possible future events by Homer @ 17/07/2017 19:33

Originally Posted By: Long Road HomeExt-GFS going for a reasonable inland warm-up once again. How nice that would be, just needs to be persistent. Either way, not long now til we really start warming up Piss off.
Victoria
Wow ca, its pelted down!! Dry but a little breezy earlier, easy 16 here today, didn't check. Forecast better now, 80% 0 - 4mm Wed and 70% 0 - 5mm Thur. Max 11C on Thursday will be a cool one.
Victoria
Yep lots of lightning and thunder then hail wind and rain, only small hail
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW / ACT - Possible future events by Long Road Home @ 17/07/2017 19:17

Ext-GFS going for a reasonable inland warm-up once again. How nice that would be, just needs to be persistent. Either way, not long now til we really start warming up
Victoria
Hail last 10mins very quick dump.
Page 19 of 23 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 >
Who's Online
7 registered (Hailin, Stale fish, aussiestormfreak, hickory, 3 invisible), 236 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
melbell, SanatKumara, Stephen-wx, Teunvm, Tropposurfer
Forum Stats
29315 Members
32 Forums
23640 Topics
1456195 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image