Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
SE QLD / NE NSW
Why is it that upper features are not included on weather maps? Upper systems seem to have just as much influence on day to day weather as surface systems. Could they not just be included in a different colour. Thanks for starting thread. Only a few
Tropical and Central Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Build Up - November 2017 by bundybear @ 18/11/2017 10:11

Drizzly rain this morning. Of course I have a clothes line full of now wettish washing that was dry when I came home yesterday but was too stuffed to bother to bring in. I also left all my clients work clothes I washed for him on his line. They w
South Australia
And another 4mm brings this weeks total to 19mm.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SE QLD/NE NSW Onshore showers/rain 18-19th November 2017 by retired weather man @ 18/11/2017 09:52

Wynnum Nth 24 hour rain 1.2mm. ECMWF forecast for Wynnum a median of 88mm till the end of the month.
NSW / ACT
BoM have downgraded the forecast to a shower or two. Combined total of 54.2 mm for the month of October and so far in November since the dry spell ended last month for the Bankstown AWS from small accumulations. Highest daily fall so far since Octo
SE QLD / NE NSW
Stapy showing some nice onshore showers, some look quite lumpy. Shower train trying to couple itself to our NE. Gonabe a dampish sort of day.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Squeako_88 @ 18/11/2017 09:24

I've started a thread for today's/tomorrow rainfall. http://forum.weatherzone.com.au/ubbthrea...rs_#Post1441563
SE QLD / NE NSW
A combination of moist NE flow during today with the help of some cold uppers should see some onshore showers and rain areas with localised pockets of heavy before the ridge strengthens up again tomorrow with reducing rainfall. Some rainfall totals
NSW / ACT
One difference from yesterday: the shower cells are moving, both in the coastal band and the one over the Tablelands and slopes, roughly NNE to SSW. This means the rain will be shared around a bit more.
NSW / ACT
So here at the farm 55mm overnight. Down at the mates place on Cope Road about 10km away they had 100mm. It's been patchy here, but widespread falls above 25mm. Very useful indeed!
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by DDstorm @ 18/11/2017 09:11

Quite overcast and dark here this morning with light to steady rain falling for the last half hour or so.
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: KinoLikely to break the 100mm at home before 9am! Flogging down! A tale of two cities, Wollongong has been right in the path of that rain train for ages, meanwhile 'back at the ranch' ie Sydney, we have had next to nothing, g
NSW / ACT
Likely to break the 100mm at home before 9am! Flogging down!
NSW / ACT
Morning folks, just letting you know we've had no power since 10 o'clock last night and it's still out. The transformer across the road took a hit, and of course the power company, that charges extortionate rates, refuses point blank to despatch a r
NSW / ACT
Asf excellent report. also max, kino n Reilly good to read Sadly here bugger all last night storms I was hoping for from NW yesterday just fizzed. We did get some thunder n lighting from about 8pm but only light rain from about 9 or 10. This morn
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Squeako_88 @ 18/11/2017 08:09

Originally Posted By: Warwick Eye2SkyThanks for the info Squeako. Where do you go to find records that go that far back? http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/data/
Non-weather Photography
Jump to new posts Re: Nature & Landscape Videography. by joesk @ 18/11/2017 08:05

I'm lucky that several of my camps in the ranges of the Scenic Rim in South East Queensland, I share with the large and silent Greater Glider. In this particular camp I'm extra lucky as it is also home to two of the white morph of the gliders
Victoria
More handy falls, 9mm is useful enough dooga' - helps keep it green. Lovely rain up Ruckles way Another 3mm from y'days storms, lot of noise, bgr all rain.
NSW / ACT
Some pretty impressive totals there in the Illawarra. Some big totals in the NW slopes & plains also, e.g. Narrabri and Gunnedah 60 & 59. Sydney missed out. There seems to have been no rain overnight, with totals from yesterday afternoon all a milli
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Mike Hauber @ 18/11/2017 07:15

Showers just south and east of here have some reasonable structure - very dark base and some shelf and cauliflower that wouldn't look out of place on a half decent thunderstorm, although fairly low.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Atmospheric Rivers by Wave Rider @ 18/11/2017 07:13

I reckon there would definitely be places in the world that exceed 10,000mm and they just aren't recorded. Places that get constant westerly trades come to mind such as near in the west of NZ as mentioned. Milford Sound gets over 6000mm per year and
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Atmospheric Rivers by Kino @ 18/11/2017 06:25

Originally Posted By: Wikipedia Rainfall The rain gauge at its summit records an annual average rainfall of 8,312 mm (327.2 in), making it the wettest meteorological station in Australia. It also holds the record for the highest rainfall in a calend
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by ScubaSteve @ 18/11/2017 06:25

Lovely showers already at 5am. Some nice convergence, steady to heavy!
NSW / ACT
61mm of rain at home since 9am with Dombarton Loop getting 116mm, they are some big totals!
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Warwick Eye2Sky @ 18/11/2017 01:14

Thanks for the info Squeako. Where do you go to find records that go that far back?
Page 19 of 30 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 29 30 >
Who's Online
2 registered (Weather Guru, ThD Ht), 261 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
bennnn23, jack63, MisterMikko, Spring
Forum Stats
29421 Members
32 Forums
23730 Topics
1469280 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image