Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - arrival of remnant of TC Kelvin 23-25/2/18 by Weather_Viewer @ 19/02/2018 17:16

Damn windy in Melbourne today! Gita is that you?
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Originally Posted By: desieboy Not sure where to start looking for that info.... Me neither, had just been wondering whether anyone remembered anything. But it's interesting to me because people I met just after Larry kept saying cyclones just don
Originally Posted By: desieboy Think that the low wind shear and good outflow has helped it maintain itself but not sure on records of longest distance travelled as a TC once crossing the land. Not sure where to start looking for that info.... W
Think that the low wind shear and good outflow has helped it maintain itself but not sure on records of longest distance travelled as a TC once crossing the land. Not sure where to start looking for that info....
Originally Posted By: Mick10strong cyclones yes, but wouldn't be many that crossed as Cat 2. So that's a comparatively weak cyclone to get that far inland and still be a cyclone.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ 19/02/2018 17:00

I think a Southerly change has just arrived in the last 15 minutes or so. It's getting windy and it's cooled down somewhat. Wattamolla got a gust of 69kmh from the South at 3:51PM.
Tropical and Central Australia
Rainfall outlook is looking good for the next 7 days! I need to catch up to you RF, you're powering ahead this month
strong cyclones yes, but wouldnt be many that crossed as Cat 2.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by DaveM @ 19/02/2018 16:53

Went outside and bugger the edge of the storm is just to my west. Currently about 17 after being about 32 earlier. Hope it doesn't heat up again after the storm. Well I've certainly enjoyed the last hour or 2. Hope a few others get a go tonight
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by DaveM @ 19/02/2018 16:48

Still raining steadily although radar wants to tell me it's leaving soon - bugger. 5 or 6mm so far I guess - Knotty - looks, sounds & smells lovely!! Gunna go back out and get wet
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Warwick Eye2Sky @ 19/02/2018 16:46

Storms looked promising a bit early with good CG's to our west. Seems to be falling alert as it approaches us. Not a drop yet...
SE QLD / NE NSW
Radar's looking good, with a bit of luck one of the storms building at the southern end of the Bunyas will track our way.
That's getting close to 400 km inland. Have any/many cyclones in WA travelled that distance inland before? Cyclone Larry travelled around 110 km out to Mount Garnet, at least, from what I heard (pre-internet days for me). Yasi apparently went all t
Tropical and Central Australia
i see time after time places to our south like Dalbeg getting storms. Last few days we have had a southerly flow and of course - nothing.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Homer @ 19/02/2018 16:34

The latest BOM forecast is positive for the metro but I'm not so hopeful. Radar not looking as positive as it was earlier.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - arrival of remnant of TC Kelvin 23-25/2/18 by ThunderBob @ 19/02/2018 16:32

Had 5.5mm in think mist and drizzle since about 4.30am.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Knot @ 19/02/2018 16:22

Dry and humid here. Glad u got some rain your way Dave. Bet it smelled good.
World
Jump to new posts Northern Hemisphere Winter 2017/18 by KevD @ 19/02/2018 16:18

No topic for this one, so starting one to highlight the cold moving across W Europe this week. Animation originally from tropicaltidbits, shows the temp anomaly over the next week. Pretty amazing: All coming about after the polar vortex sp
SE QLD / NE NSW
I'll be grateful for whatever we get, the grass is growing well from the last couple of storms but the deeper moisture is still lacking, the creeks and dams need a good topping up before winter.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ 19/02/2018 16:08

Hoping we pick up when the se'erly stream showers arrive overnight, but it looks like we've missed out again.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Wave Rider @ 19/02/2018 16:04

Yeah Homer it's all converging on Sydney. My guess would be that the outer west will get some heavy rain but I have a feeling the coastal areas of Sydney will largely miss out. Now that the change has passed, the sky has a very stable look to it ag
World
Jump to new posts Re: South Pacific Cyclone Season 2017/2018 by Knot @ 19/02/2018 15:56

The peak swell vector varies for different parts of the coast because of storm rotation and the coastline depth profile in relation to the swell direction. We've all seen cases of one place just bypassed with all those bumps on the horizon, but a fe
Victoria
Certainly cooled off ca, beaut weather with 6mm so far, raining at the mo' .
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by DaveM @ 19/02/2018 15:37

BLOODY WELL ENJOYING THIS I CAN TELL YOU!!! Very dark - nice persistent "rain". It's worth a look at the sat Pic and two huge and rapidly expanding cloud blobs exist - one over Dubbo and the other over Orange/Bathurst. And yes Homer a strange set
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Homer @ 19/02/2018 15:31

It's a confusing radar at the moment. There's rain/storms coming down from the north west from out Dubbo way. There's rain/storms coming in from the west from the Central Tablelands. There's showers developing on the Southern Highlands heading north
Page 19 of 42 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 41 42 >
Who's Online
17 registered (Snapper22lb, DarrylS, Homer, Rhys., gympieweather, Stale fish, mysteriousbrad, FNQ Bunyip, tsunami, payshense, Cass, Bone Dry, bundybear, alby_14, 3 invisible), 318 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
KTB, micksandfire
Forum Stats
29495 Members
32 Forums
23819 Topics
1480954 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image