Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
South Australia
Severe Weather Warning for DAMAGING WINDS For people in Adelaide Metropolitan, Mount Lofty Ranges, Flinders, Mid North, Riverland, Murraylands, Upper South East and parts of Eastern Eyre Peninsula, Yorke Peninsula, Lower South East and North East P
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Stratospheric sudden warmings (SSWs) by marakai @ 15/10/2018 00:16

To late to edit but also https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1029/2018JA025411 It seems that things don't just happen from the bottom up nor occur from the top down but also are a result from the outside in. .
SE QLD / NE NSW
Interested to see what kind of rain we'll see overnight, it looks like that low is here to stay for a while.
South Australia
Wind is picking up here.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Stratospheric sudden warmings (SSWs) by marakai @ 14/10/2018 23:54

Originally Posted By: SeiraOriginally Posted By: SeiraOriginally Posted By: marakaiOriginally Posted By: SeiraIn my previous post I mentioned the mesosphere and its possible / likely contribution to SSWs ... I cannot help the direction some of the di
SE QLD / NE NSW
Add another 40mm since 11:20am today. All up since this event started a couple of days ago (or was it 3?) we have recorded 215mm ... Mostly steady rain, with occasional heavy downpour and the added bonus of no wind or hail or any of those nasty stuf
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: grayareaWell just started pouring again here. We are over 400mm so far this month. Just hoping this moves south or inland so others can have their share! I think God has it in for the Sunshine Coast this month. Clearly someo
General Weather
Uh huh, because it's not 110% accurate to the nearest 3 decimal points we should just throw it in the bin? The green average line is probably fairly accurate given such a long record - accurate enough for the purpose of highlighting the anomalies of
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Delta-T"Just found this" https://mobile.wnd.com/2017/07/study-blows-greenhouse-theory-out-of-the-water/ From that link: "the assumption that greenhouse gases warm the atmosphere by trapping heat is wrong." Sorry, reading
General Weather
How about the ionosphere or further affecting the Hurricanes instead? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU1qg8HceGI
SE QLD / NE NSW
And thanks for the input Ken. Your knowledge is incredible.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Heavy rain with strong winds here too. Everything is already saturated. Hope it eases off later tonight.
General Weather
How many reliable temperature sensors were in the Arctic 60 years ago and how far are the current reliable ones extrapolated now? Edited to add: And how much adjustment has that data had from raw?
SE QLD / NE NSW
That rainband and associated wind just hit her like a train. Shook the house. People who dont follow the weather must be wondering what the hell is happening. Severe weather indeed must be almost worthy of some sort of warning.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Well just started pouring again here. We are over 400mm so far this month. Just hoping this moves south or inland so others can have their share!
SE QLD / NE NSW
Been watching Stapy & it looks like it keeps wanting to rain on the fish most of the day. Slowly getting there. Constant light drizzle/rain here.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Is there a forcefield stopping the rain from coming here or what...been watching that big blob heading here the past few hours, only to have it now disappearing on the radar as it reaches my doorstep....Grrrrr, can't win....was hoping for a half dec
SE QLD / NE NSW
No worries Flowin. The satellite analysis of cyclonic vorticity (amount of clockwise twist to the winds) at the 850hpa level (around 5000ft) at 7pm indicates a broad general area off the southern QLD coast (indicated by the red shades) which, at the
SE QLD / NE NSW
Thanks Ken. I was not aware of that limitation of the satellite water vap image
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: FlowinAppears to be only one circulation on water vapour sat image https://weather.us/satellite/1555-e-265-s/satellite-water-vapor-10min.html#play The water vapour imagery essentially only shows the top of the moist air which i
SE QLD / NE NSW
We'll get some rain down here, but it looks like the SC show now. Could be a flood risk with all the rain they've had up there.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Ok thanks Flowin. All appears to be rotating around low off Fraser. Will be an intetsting 24 hours.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: Snapper22lbWind is howling again and rainband heading this way. Yep..i think we are in for another drenching tonight...personally i have had enough of the rain and wish it would go inland to the farmers. Wonder if there will b
General Weather
"...tenths of a degree? what is that supposed to tell us ?" How about 10 or 12 compared to a 60 year average. Arctic temperature anomaly north of 80 degree from here . Its not manipulation, its' just a way to flag something odd.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Wave Rider @ 14/10/2018 22:34

Originally Posted By: KinoModerate rain here, at last. Looks like it may be a wet night seeing as we missed out last night. Yeah we had a decent shower here as well. I'm really liking these relatively sunny days but with rain at night. Should be
Page 19 of 39 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 38 39 >
Who's Online
7 registered (Steve777, Lee@Hazo, Dawoodman, Ben, 3 invisible), 281 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
bradmac, Eager2beastormchaser, Go The Cows, Roland
Forum Stats
29681 Members
32 Forums
23978 Topics
1500744 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image