Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tropical and Central Australia
Looks like a volcano. Humidity down to 13%, uuugghhh.... Horrible. Everything is brittle dry, including me. I think I spoke too soon about the whirlwinds, I thought we'd missed that horrible part of the season, but looks like it's yet to come. I
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Knot @ Yesterday at 14:18

Yes, that old sun is getting more sting and bite now Dave. Be glad to say good riddance to this winter. Banal. Boring. Mundane. Bland.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come by ThunderBob @ Yesterday at 14:02

Anyways, Samboz, it's not so inaccurate now - Official obs show 33mm since 0900.
General Weather
Originally Posted By: CoastalStorm22Originally Posted By: adonThe +IOD will fade off with the MJO but it's during the cooler months when it has its biggest effect by not letting NWcloudbands develop with much strength. Given the extent of these an
General Weather
Bit of an example here Waters off Sumatra are actually warmer than normal but look at the body of cold south and west of that! http://weather.unisys.com/surface/sst_anom.gif Now look at the 2nd image of a traditional typical Positive IOD look wh
General Weather
My guess is about the IOD the bulk of the colder water is south of Sumatra or has been most of this Winter more so around Java and further south and west.. Normally the IOD index is measured off Sumatra and off east African coast off Somalia with the
General Weather
NINO 3.4 has dropped as low as -0.6c according too CDAS but back up too -0.4c at the moment and NOAA backs it up with -0.5c temps showing as of Monday August 21st. https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/ocean/nino34.png http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Lewis @ Yesterday at 13:28

Went for a drive up along the upper Brisbane last Friday. Everything is very dry up there - Debbie didn't really produce much rain up that way. The multiple fires which started on the Sunshine Coast are a sign of how volatile things are at the momen
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ Yesterday at 13:15

That's too close to the coast to make any real diff, I'm talking about out where the current is where it's 18-22c according to NCEP.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come by samboz @ Yesterday at 13:09

U/s NOW TB, beaut day here, bright blue sky, snow glistening to the N. Almost Calm. Agree Petros, not much on the horizon in the next week +.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Jimi @ Yesterday at 12:59

Originally Posted By: KinoOr rain but we are in our driest time of year climatologically. And I think those mega-warm SST's aren't helping us, dragging all convection over them. Hopefully they pay us back in Spring/Summer with some deep thermal trou
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by ozthunder @ Yesterday at 12:43

Smoke enveloping my workplace at Shellharbour from a controlled burn at Blackbutt Forest. Normally they do not do many burns on places outside the escarpment, this one is probably a wise one as homes back onto to the reserve.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come by ThunderBob @ Yesterday at 12:14

Something amiss with the Bairnsdale Airport AWS . It showed 27mm from 0 at 0900 and then another 27mm to 1200 54mm just in the past three hours - from a cloudless sky
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by DaveM @ Yesterday at 12:05

BIG signs of Spring out here already, Blossoms on trees becoming quite obvious, Willow trees are sprouting green leaves all over the joint, lots of budding going on. I think that winter is pretty much done out here. Plenty of cool mornings as usual
General Weather
Short term forecast products suggest we should be seeing substantial westerly anomalies through central Pacific (but short lived) However so far TAO is having none of it and shows above average trade winds continuing in the central Pacific. Impact
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Colin Maitland @ Yesterday at 11:53

Originally Posted By: Hopefull Yes, At this time of year when our when we start wondering about spring and 'STORM SEASON'. It will probably be the usual odd cell about Brisbane and the Sunshine coast and pages of pages of photos of CG's, CC's, CIA's
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Australian Politics by samboz @ Yesterday at 11:52

Saw the ABC program last night, no surprises really, its been coming for decades. Drive around new housing estates, hundreds of 20sq ++ houses, why ?, not needed in reality. We are shifting soon, very hard to find a
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Australian Politics by ozthunder @ Yesterday at 11:33

Originally Posted By: samboz What will happen in AUS if interest rates go up 5%, lot of home buyers in default is my uneducated observers guess. Funny you should mention Mortgage stress hotspots revealed http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-21/how
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Next Solar Eclipse by Kino @ Yesterday at 11:31

Originally Posted By: _Johnno_There are quite a few decent ones coming up for Australia in the last 20's and 30's, that 2028 is close to 90% totality in Melbourne and then there's the famous Boxing day eclipse in 2036 I believe for Victoria with 99%
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by buster @ Yesterday at 11:31

Originally Posted By: Hopefull Yes, At this time of year when our when we start wondering about spring and 'STORM SEASON'. It will probably be the usual odd cell about Brisbane and the Sunshine coast and pages of pages of photos of CG's, CC's, CIA's
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Next Solar Eclipse by _Johnno_ @ Yesterday at 11:22

There are quite a few decent ones coming up for Australia in the last 20's and 30's, that 2028 is close to 90% totality in Melbourne and then there's the famous Boxing day eclipse in 2036 I believe for Victoria with 99% totality in Melbourne! Will ma
Looks like tjey just firebombed the pyramid https://flic.kr/p/XGgP1W
Yeah Popeye - I was just thinking the same thing about no NW cloud bands.. Must be the first year in 6 or 7 that we haven't.... Great time of year right now - temperatures are just warming up, nights are not too cold, and I even notice a heat trough
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Next Solar Eclipse by Kino @ Yesterday at 10:48

Great pic of the recent solar eclipse.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Next Solar Eclipse by Kino @ Yesterday at 10:27

Given the recent US one, you may be wondering when it'll be our turn next. Sorry to say, but not until 2028 (if we are still here thanks to planet Niburu lol). Great news is Syd and east coast will have a gold class seat view! Next total solar ec
Page 2 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 ... 24 25 >
Who's Online
3 registered (payshense, Kino, 1 invisible), 262 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
rodgerwareing
Forum Stats
29343 Members
32 Forums
23663 Topics
1458905 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image