Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Driver Discussion 2018 (Enso, IOD, PDO ,SAM etc) by Nature's Fury @ Yesterday at 17:32

Originally Posted By: SeiraOriginally Posted By: snowboobyhttp://volcano.oregonstate.edu/how-do-volcanoes-affect-atmosphere-and-climate "An even more controversial connection involves whether or not volcanic activity on the East Pacific Rise (a mid-
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by DerekHV @ Yesterday at 17:00

9-22C today, cannot complain about that for the 2nd half of May. Only problem is rainfall for the month is measly 2.4mm, could do with one big fall for the month.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by KevD @ Yesterday at 15:16

That EC run is sadly not reflected in the control or by other models at this time. Will be interesting to see if it is still with us on the 00z run.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Melbourne & Victoria day to day weather by doogasnow @ Yesterday at 12:55

Would like to add another 22mm to that since Yesterday arvo! Lol been rained off at work now Last Friday/yesterday and today. That's 82mm since last Thursday up here!!👍 Cheers 'tb', yeah I didn't expect to receive anywhere near What we have
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by EddyG @ Yesterday at 12:46

That will explain it, thanks CS22 for that info.
Tropical and Central Australia
showers and thunderstorms thru the region on friday, GFS hinting at possibly severe storms between whitunsdays and burdekin.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by CoastalStorm22 @ Yesterday at 12:28

Originally Posted By: EddyGDaveM has been awfully quiet of late? Hope everything is OK? I know the weather has been boring of late, but that never stops DaveM from posting. Yes at the moment it's looking like a South Coast event, however we still h
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by EddyG @ Yesterday at 12:07

DaveM has been awfully quiet of late? Hope everything is OK? I know the weather has been boring of late, but that never stops DaveM from posting.
General Weather
Seems to be a little bit of moisture being produced across the NW, but having a look at the SST anomolies for the first time in a couple of weeks....it seems there is a pretty serious cooling trend going on. This is not really in alignment with a la
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by EddyG @ Yesterday at 11:50

Originally Posted By: KinoEC bucking the trend with an upgrade over night with quite a large mobile upper cold pool slamming into NSW spawning a deep ECL. if this comes off thereíll be some wild weather for a whole swathe of NSW. I only see it as
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Cold air mass, Snow arriving approx 24thMay'18 - E.C.L. by chasers addict @ Yesterday at 11:10

Warm looming this weekend to Monday 22nd for N.NW country for short time.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Melbourne & Victoria day to day weather by ThunderBob @ Yesterday at 11:01

Originally Posted By: doogasnowJust emptied 44mm out of the gauge! Last 3 days we've had a juicy sw flow Producing heavy constant showers. Temp has been around 10c each day Dooga, that is superb, incredible!
Southern Western Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Perth and WA day to day weather by desieboy @ Yesterday at 10:40

High in the Bight still generating cold air towards the south ,should get the push along tomorrow and Thursday with the arrival of a few cold fronts. Bridgetown a chilly -0.1 deg this morning and Collie got down to -0.4.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Melbourne & Victoria day to day weather by Petros @ Yesterday at 10:40

Cold overcast windy from SW - and no damned rain. Not a good day for outside work, as per yesterday.
Victoria
Couple of showers on Sunday, a few more later for next Tuesday - this season looks likely to have missed the Autumn break for central Gippsland (not many of us would describe rain in June, should any develop, as the break).
Southern Western Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Perth and WA day to day weather by windy harbour @ Yesterday at 10:13

Stormsurf Weather Model shows it rapidly shifting--South East-- as USUAL.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ Yesterday at 08:13

EC bucking the trend with an upgrade over night with quite a large mobile upper cold pool slamming into NSW spawning a deep ECL. if this comes off thereíll be some wild weather for a whole swathe of NSW.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Long Road Home @ Yesterday at 01:28

Morham, the longwave patterns just didn't play ball and haven't for a long time now - rare but it can happen. Eventually the patterns will shift, they always do. And yes, vivid starts late this week, so no doubt there's some rain on the horizon.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Flowin @ 21/05/2018 22:17

Originally Posted By: Ken KatoOriginally Posted By: BIG Toutstanding weather at present. Endlessly boring as hell if you ask me. A lot of places also really need rain. The whole countryside looked remarkably dry and brown when I drove out to Stantho
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by ashestoashes @ 21/05/2018 22:05

The magic of the Hadley cells means that we are stuck in the high pressure zone far too often. The reason we aren't entirely desert is that our landmass gets hot enough for a monsoon. Also another saving grace is the warm tasman and coral seas over
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Jimi @ 21/05/2018 22:02

The landmass is too big? NE QLD almost always has some showers floating around, we have a couple of sweet spots.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: New CIMSS Precipitable Water product by Flowin @ 21/05/2018 21:56

Thanks Kino. I have looked at that precipitable water site for a while for my interest in air moisture flow. This new feature of different levels of the atmosphere makes it more interesting. I think this product of recent real time may help short ter
Victoria
Well the GFS charts kept changing so wait until system goes past Perth.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Morham @ 21/05/2018 21:34

The endless strong high pressure systems make me see why Australia is the way it is. Dry, sunburnt, covered in gum trees. So adapted for this dry heat. Why don't massive cloud systems drift across this country more often? We have two huge oceans on
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ 21/05/2018 21:16

Sadly that map is too far away to be anything more then eye candy BUT I hope itís picking up a change in upper patterns.
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >
Who's Online
1 registered (ozone doug), 331 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
AussiePride_oioi, Bree, celina amina, Squaremeaters, Stazza_Brendan
Forum Stats
29565 Members
32 Forums
23902 Topics
1491114 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image