Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Weather
I think the unseasonal rainfall at Darwin is an anomaly, rather than anything to do with ENSO. Same for the Low (and soon to be TC) near the Solomon Islands. Just unusual occurrences in an otherwise boring September.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by TWEEDSTORM @ Today at 17:08

Nice lookin lightning active storm down here with CGs Very Dark and about to get hit near Tugun hete
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Ken Kato @ Today at 17:04

You can see the amount of hail that's fallen in places like Kooralbyn: https://www.facebook.com/HigginsStormChasing/posts/2022959074466536
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Quagmelson @ Today at 16:34

Right next to where i used to live that hail at the Ponds. Literally 500mtrs away from that pic!. Anyways up to 10mm at Glenorie, i suspect a lot more in areas just around here as we've been on the outskirts of most of the heavy cells. Still moderate
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Foehn Correspondent @ Today at 16:27

Looks impressive on the Gold Coast Airport web cam https://weathercams.airservicesaustralia.com/?airport=gold-coast-airport
General Weather
I suspect there has been a change in the last week though. Seeing storms pop up around the place the last two days. Very isolated, but that is typical of this time of year for this area. BOM will be releasing their two monthly rainfall prediction
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Mad Elf #1.5 @ Today at 16:13

First STW for the season near the border.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Northwesterly @ Today at 16:08

Hail amount and size was nothing like that here at Stanhope Gardens. Rainfall total for today now up to 47.3mm and counting, and my minimum temperature of 8’c was reached at 15:44 today during the heaviest of the rain on my PWS.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Warwick Eye2Sky @ Today at 16:05

Nice little cells around Urbenville! Looks to be chalked full of hail. Moving towards the east northeast, will it make it to the coast? Also very small cells west of here starting to fire up. Will be watching... Only need another 10.5mm for an averag
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Flowin @ Today at 16:04

Radar currently has colours on it we have not seen for a while
General Weather
Here is the map for September if you want. Still classic el nino. Rainfall of 29mm at one station in Darwin on one day when the nearest stations experience 0 rainfall does not change that. And as for TCs? The paper you quoted supports my claim
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by perrywinkle @ Today at 15:41

Some big flangs along the Pacific HIghway ridge at the moment.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Homer @ Today at 15:39

Missed the hail here but have had plenty of rain and there has been some cracking flangs. Thought I was going to miss out but thankfull the storm started to back build. Very dark outside and currently 11.4 degrees.
South Australia
Not even up to 10mm for September at home yet! TS
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by meso-mal @ Today at 15:19

Definitely pea-sized. My wife took a few snaps in the Ponds. Nothing over 2cm. Some close bolts though!
South Australia
Looks pretty likely we will set a new monthly minimum record for the Clare site going back to 1994. Will have to check the old site as it is going to possibly be a full 2 degrees below the current. I suspect much of SA will be very below. More frost
General Weather
Agree CF, merely drawing the point that it’s unusual.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Northwesterly @ Today at 15:00

Cell right over me at Stanhope Gardens at present and it is currently hailing. Pea sized hail. Torrential rain and a couple of loud flangs thrown in!!!
General Weather
Firstly, didn’t say it was a La Niña. Secondly rainfall events in Sept are usually confined to the NW coast, so the fact that nearby stations (whatever nearby means) got nothing is absolutely irrelevant. How is the map showing rainfall anomalies f
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ Today at 14:41

The Sun came out briefly a little while ago, the first time today that I've noticed. It's damp and chilly, but the showers seem to have left the inner and middle parts of Sydney for now. It hasn't rained here since mid-morning. Chatswood has received
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Mad Elf #1.5 @ Today at 14:30

First rumblings of the storm season. Good looking dark cloud just to our south. Nothing coming from the west though, gona miss out again.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by davidg @ Today at 14:25

Yep about to kick off here at work in Penrith. Already heavy rain up at home in Glenbrook.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by kizz @ Today at 14:17

Bit going on Camden way. Sparks. Heavy rain. Temp down to 10.9 and falling.
Victoria
This system High pressure doing something different not blocking any SW flow like last year too much N/NE trade wind..
General Weather
Originally Posted By: KinoWeirdness continues - unseasonal rain for Darwin in Sept (not developing El Niño like at all) and now a potential southern westpac Cyclone (more La Niña’ish). More to do with the SST's east of PNG than developing El Nino
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 ... 15 16 >
Who's Online
12 registered (Nature's Fury, Antarctic Whaler, pabloako, Jaeger, Nqflyboy, Sidney, petethemoskeet, snowbooby, 4 invisible), 96 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
batty
Forum Stats
29654 Members
32 Forums
23963 Topics
1498041 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image