Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Stratospheric sudden warmings (SSWs) by marakai @ Yesterday at 21:27

Ever wonder if Stratospheric sudden warming was an escape of heat into space? Out instead of in?
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by gleno71 @ Yesterday at 21:26

Originally Posted By: Steve OWell one thing is for sure once the front passes its bye bye to any moisture.. And no chance of the monsoon
General Weather
Originally Posted By: snowboobyOriginally Posted By: PetrosCan someone nominate the W to E EQ longitudinal boundary that such a WWB would have to fully occupy, to prime an El Nino? Not sure where the boundary would fall but one definition of wwb's
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Warwick Eye2Sky @ Yesterday at 21:19

The jet stream seems to be out of whack in the NH too. Houston, Texas had record cold and snow last week and itís only mid November. They received snow before NYC and Boston! Now that is crazy!
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by EddyG @ Yesterday at 21:18

Schoolies trip A2A? Don't worry you will still feel the boat rocking in those conditions. Anyway enjoy your trip.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Trough with embedded lows Nov 20-23 by Petros @ Yesterday at 21:15

Models all over the shop, but something big is brewing - peaking strongly in areas of Vic yet to be determined! My tip is to watch it all evolve on SatIR.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Steve O @ Yesterday at 21:13

Well one thing is for sure once the front passes its bye bye to any moisture..
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Mega @ Yesterday at 21:04

Good question Gleno, I think the upcoming pattern leaves a lot of us scratching our heads to be honest.
General Weather
Wow, that is a terrible looking chart. Cut-off lows are good rain/storm producers locally but not when they're stretched all the way out past the damn dateline blocking the STR as you say. edit: And I see two possible typhoons on the other side of t
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by gleno71 @ Yesterday at 20:48

The question is, why is the low in that position? Normally the highs sit there. A winter pattern has come back to say hello....briefly. Imagine if this was the normal summer pattern??, no one would live in Melbourne anymore lol
General Weather
Seems to be a fairly dramatic disruption of the SH polar vortex. Can't recall seeing anything like it, but I don't look at these global charts all that much. Four cut off lows in a row through what should be the guts of the subtropical ridge. Also
SE QLD / NE NSW
Itís not exactly SEQ but I was out (further) west for work today and there were/are a few intense storms operating between Morven and Mitchell. Drove straight through one and had to slow down to about 40 as it was a near white out. Not quite black c
Tropical and Central Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Dry Season - 2018 by Hailin @ Yesterday at 20:24

13mm at Moranbah airport overnite. BOM forecast for this Sunday out here is 42 degrees
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Mike Hauber @ Yesterday at 20:24

Looks like a very strange pattern to me. The low does seem to tap in some tropical moisture from the top end, so should have more moisture than a typical big low down south in winter. Does seem to be disconnected from the polar vortex and is actual
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: NRL Season 2018 by ColdFront @ Yesterday at 19:58

Hayne is spending the night in the lockup according to the news tonight. What a spectacular fall from grace. Maybe Parramatta can try to rebuild the team they tore down to accommodate that grub with the money they'll save
Let's say 41.7 degrees, eh? It's getting hotter, but don't think it will get quite that hot. Maybe out a bit further. We shall see...
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Nature's Fury @ Yesterday at 19:42

The upcoming front and associated low is stronger than a lot of what we saw in winter... Looks like we'll have had a total of 2 storm days by the end of the month. Perhaps we had most of our storm season already just in October.
Fingers crossed HF Wouldn't be surprised to see you get near mid 40's C@28 on Monday/Tuesday next week.
Originally Posted By: Hurricane forceIt is going to get bloody hot from Wednesday onward, hopefully one of us scores a storm!! Me, me, me.....give it to me, please, pretty please.
It is going to get bloody hot from Wednesday onward, hopefully one of us scores a storm!!
South Australia
Yikes. Wind gust of 89 km/h at the airport.
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Dry Season - 2018 by mysteriousbrad @ Yesterday at 19:24

Apparently it poured this morning after I checked it, another 16 mm in the gauge!
Yes Simmo. It was 38 yesterday. Not sure what it was today, not hot enough to bother looking. Probably somewhere arount 36. A few clouds earlier on, not exciting type, but back to nothing in the sky again.
Hahaha YS. Things are gonna get hot, hot, hot. Would not be surprised to see 39-40c next week. Just when I was worried November was going to be cooler than October.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: NRL Season 2018 by scott12 @ Yesterday at 19:08

Its a bit disappointing that these athletes that owe their success to Rugby league and all the coaches and organisations that have put in countless hours to get them where they are today, don't give a damn about contracts,commitments or their clubs a
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 >
Who's Online
0 registered (), 44 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
beefy, falay002, Paul79, Ruckle
Forum Stats
29700 Members
32 Forums
24002 Topics
1502787 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image