Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ Today at 16:04

Today is one of those days where the Max temp is likely to be recorded just before 9am tomorrow. Huge diurnal range today - Min of 16; Max of 16. However; looking ahead later next week may just be wet with the first spring ECL forecast and quite wi
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: Steve777After a few hours of light drizzle and spitting rain, the rain picked up again from about 2:00PM, becoming moderately heavy. OH is now up to 19mm for the event, Olympic park 25mm (an inch in the old money), Chatswood 18m
General Weather
While thinking about typhoons in this discussion I found some interesting papers re: ENSO and correlation to hurricane/typhoon development. The location and number of Pacific Typhoons/Hurricanes in the WestPac, CentPac and EastPac are symptomatic o
NSW / ACT
After a few hours of light drizzle and spitting rain, the rain picked up again from about 2:00PM, becoming moderately heavy. OH is now up to 19mm for the event, Olympic park 25mm (an inch in the old money), Chatswood 18mm. Just drove through Lane C
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by signalman @ Today at 15:37

The trough line currently extends from Charleville to Moree. Not a lot of weather in it by the look of the Maranoa Radar. What is the chance of this system clearing the Eastern Downs overnight and the South-East corner tomorrow morning. Any thoughts
NSW / ACT
Some pretty heavy rain here for the past 20 mins CS. Just 14.7 degs and windy too. Feeling very cold indeed.
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Mike HauberAs I said westerlies along the equator near a typhoon will cause warming along the equator. And your evidence? And my previous comment was that the westerlies, if any because I cannot see any westerlies other than
NSW / ACT
Beautiful moderate rain falling here now, shame its bitterly freezing. Cold spring this one.
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Jump to new posts Re: QLD Tropical Cyclone Season 2017/2018 by DDstorm @ Today at 14:44

Ok, not sure if this fits the rules or is welcome here. I only post occasionally in SEQ thread, but I have followed this guy for a few years and he just posted this, hope all you cyclone freaks and others like it and find it interesting. Enjoy or let
General Weather
As I said westerlies along the equator near a typhoon will cause warming along the equator.
General Weather
Huh? You do realise that simply repeating something doesnít make it untrue. What is factually incorrect with my statement? Third time Iíve asked.
Tropical and Central Australia
Originally Posted By: Brett Guy No thunder either from what i can remember. Just lots of rain. I think i got about 350 over 2 days I've got the dates as 19th and 20th Oct 2011. 213.4 to 09:00 on the 19th and then 145.6 to 09:00 on the 20th. Total
There we go Knocked off early, non-stop drizzly rain near Malanda, doesn't quite show it on radar.
Haven't measured since 0530 yesterday HF 😉
Thanks for that information, Weary!! Some nice moderate rain here in the city on and off this morning. RF, your actually .2mm in front of me this month. I do have 6mm sitting in the gauge since 9am.
152.5mm for us at bushy beach for the event
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by james1977 @ Today at 12:57

Originally Posted By: sixtiesKen's temp chart reminded me a "typical" La-nina SST chart. Come to think of it the build up to this years wet season has a very 2010ish feel to it Totally agree, might be a few interesting months ahead for many. Great t
General Weather
Originally Posted By: KinoHaving trouble locating the most recent gradient level wind chart - but would you care to indicate on this one these "westerlies". Can't see any significant westerlies in the WestPac. Strong westerlies exist to the south of
Victoria
Lots of storms around us here but nothing right on top. I hate to say disappointed as it looked so promising. The joy of being a weather nerd! I think we got all up 1 mm. But good falls around us and up in the hills it seems. Got damn warm up here a
Hot one yesterday 42 in Broome and 45 at Curtin . Just happened to be when I was going fishing on the Fitzroy. Didn't catch any Barras but we did have a 2.5 metre croc which parked himself at our fishing spot which made it a bit tricky.
NSW / ACT
13 MMS Here in Ellalong SW of Cessnock since the rain started after mid-night,still raining lightly with heavier bursts at times,looks like still some more to come before clearing later,no winds as yet.
54mm for me in Charters Towers from this event. Burdekin River had a good flow this morning.
General Weather
Having trouble locating the most recent gradient level wind chart - but would you care to indicate on this one these "westerlies". Can't see any significant westerlies in the WestPac.
NSW / ACT
Bellambi on 7mm already, picked pretty well by ACCESS C. AP & Kiama barely troubling the gauge with 1mm and under.
Originally Posted By: Blair TrewinTalk I've heard via our techs (I'm away myself at the moment) is that the Myola reading is considered suspect, but the two very high ones down south a couple of days back are probably OK. I have a friend who lives
Page 2 of 51 < 1 2 3 4 ... 50 51 >
Who's Online
8 registered (Colin Maitland, Kino, Lani, Mathew, justme, SteveB93, Mad Elf #1.5, 1 invisible), 266 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
aussie_thunder, Davem29, Joidy, kymm, Pinhead, Steveo1, tramar
Forum Stats
29389 Members
32 Forums
23699 Topics
1465560 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image