Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tropical and Central Australia
5mm overnight. Creeks were back down again. Road is such a total mess that it's actually fun to drive...
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Low (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by Snowy Hibbo @ Today at 13:59

Originally Posted By: WANDJINA G'valeWaiting for the coloured section of the coastline map, normally that goes with the text no? Not always.
If the track does shift further South then "Debbie does Daydream" comes into play. ;/
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Low (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by ol mate @ Today at 13:48

I was close - my original tip for watch was Port Dougy - Proserpine...
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Low (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by former_qlder @ Today at 13:46

Interesting the watch zone extends as far north as Cape Trib, especially as it's directly east of Cairns and heading south at a steady rate (15km/hr).
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Low (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by WANDJINA G'vale @ Today at 13:46

Waiting for the coloured section of the coastline map, normally that goes with the text no?
Originally Posted By: scott12Weatherzone has us down for 5-10 mm today and the same tomorrow..must have been forecast from a model I reckon.. ....I have a feeling it will start to get pretty wet from this arvo onward.. It's pouring here again, it'
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Cyclone Caleb Indian Ocean 2017 by desieboy @ Today at 13:39

Yes KBO he's just enjoying the freedom to do what he pleases and not get too involved in gaining intensity..
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Low (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by ol mate @ Today at 13:39

never mind, here it is.. TROPICAL CYCLONE ADVICE NUMBER 1 Issued at 12:36 pm EST on Friday 24 March 2017 Headline: Coral Sea tropical low should develop into a tropical cyclone and move west towards the coast over the weekend. Areas Affected: Warnin
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Low (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by ol mate @ Today at 13:38

the BOM must be in the stages of setting up the warning. the link is there in the home page for a advice, but it goes to a blank page
Hope not. Ex trop cyclone only thanks.
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Low (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by former_qlder @ Today at 13:32

BOM forecaster in this article suggesting unlikely to be anything more than a Cat 2? http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queen...f0edd4988a54798
NSW / ACT
Another coastal shower. Spun the wheel and took a chance to use the clothesline (a novelty of late). And a sneaky shower wets everything. This weather is giving me a serious case of the poops. I am with WR. Give me cold or hot and dry. This humid wet
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Low (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by paulcirrus @ Today at 13:28

agree very surprised the Bom haven't issued a numbered warning yet considering everything is falling nicely into place. I think it will be a big one for you guys up there. Nothing under a 3 i would say.
Marine
Jump to new posts Re: Crocs by Terrano @ Today at 13:25

They caught the crocodile off the Innisfail Wharf this morning and he was BIG...
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Low (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by Willraja @ Today at 13:19

Interesting model choice they have used as backing in that video. You would think they would used the model they have highest confidence in, for a public video like this. Based on that I'd say the BoM are looking at an Innisfail - Cardwell crossing f
Honestly, with the STR building to the southern periphery I cannot understand the poleward shift to be so dramatic in the modelling, some common sense and override has to happen (what the Bureau does). I think the most likely outcome will be between
Originally Posted By: iluvrainhttps://youtu.be/mkSeiOxqaWQ Bom severe weather video on the tropical low Nice, thanks.
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Low (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by iluvrain @ Today at 12:48

https://youtu.be/mkSeiOxqaWQ Bom severe weather video on the tropical low
Correct me if I am wrong, But wouldn't BOM have a LOW on the Current Tropical Cyclone page by now? since the models are so adamant and given the some of the Obs ect ect.
World
Jump to new posts Re: Mena, Arkansas Weather by Wet Snow @ Today at 12:44

Hello Wave Rider(& ALL): No, I had no settling (we say accumulating) SNOW in 2016. The conditions have to be just right for my area to get accumulating SNOW: The usual good scenario is a Southerly-Tracking LOW (Pressure)--the vortex of which comes a
He's have a good old time out there just wandering around. Caleb doesn't look like he will get pass a CAT 1. Not for the next 72+ hrs anyway.
Graphic from JTWC: http://www.usno.navy.mil/NOOC/nmfc-ph/RSS/jtwc/warnings/sh9117.gif
Still missing out mostly out here - only 14mm over the last few days...I have a feeling that might change soon though:D
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Low (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by LonglifeMilk @ Today at 12:31

Not saying it won't/doesn't happen - but you don't see that swing north too often...
Page 2 of 75 < 1 2 3 4 ... 74 75 >
Who's Online
34 registered (Jezza, nooty, Ms.Weatherfreak, Locke, Maclaw, WANDJINA G'vale, Red Watch, Sbv72, Weary, TrentG, paulcirrus, Dan101, Steve O, FNQ Bunyip, Ticktock, Popeye, Squid, Lissi, RAINALI, hanksy, ol mate, E-J, raincheck, Stormwithin, Steve777, MoonLight, zuldjan, sharjay, Jesse24, Aussea, GringosRain, 3 invisible), 499 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
crazyhorse, mario, Stupot uk, weathermegs
Forum Stats
29145 Members
32 Forums
23556 Topics
1442528 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image