Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Weather
Good work Ashes - keep your interests going with your own research, and remain skeptical the mantra the education system imposes on you! As you are finding, the answer is out there if you look! Good luck - would love to see you develop into another
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come by Petros @ Yesterday at 18:41

Frustrated by the continuing "non-ElNino" drought here in N central Gippsland, here's the result of some BLATANT MODEL SHOPPING for the Thursday change looming: No other model even provides half of the above GFS tempter, ........posted it for Vic
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Longest time without rain by ozone doug @ Yesterday at 18:37

Roma had no rain for January 2018. Haven't checked further yet.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ Yesterday at 17:53

Sydney Olympic Park looks to have smashed its old cold record this morning with its first ever negative reading (-0.9°). The previous record was 1.0 set yesterday. The one before that 1.3 set last year. This includes both the old and the new sites wh
Tropical and Central Australia
That's nice to hear Trav..Any size to them..?...last year was pretty ordinary for the Spotties up here and the weather was also ordinary....I'm looking forward to a bit of Spottie mayhem of some double and triple Spottie hook-ups in the next few week
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins by Mega @ Yesterday at 17:17

Originally Posted By: StargateOriginally Posted By: MegaSo it's been exactly a week since I've been connected to FTTN with Aussie Broadband's 50Mbps/20Mbps plan, and have 0 complaints so far. I reach the advertised speeds even at peak time and no dro
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins by Stargate @ Yesterday at 16:41

Originally Posted By: MegaSo it's been exactly a week since I've been connected to FTTN with Aussie Broadband's 50Mbps/20Mbps plan, and have 0 complaints so far. I reach the advertised speeds even at peak time and no dropouts to speak of yet either.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by signalman @ Yesterday at 16:22

This morning in north Warwick - around 6.30am - felt the coldest over the past few days. I see where the official low was -4.9C, possibly the lowest in the State. My patio thermometer registered -6.7.Interesting driving home from Brisbane last night
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Longest time without rain by Surly Bond @ Yesterday at 16:17

Thanks for that verification, Blair. Could that be the only data item about rainless periods that has ever been extracted from Bureau files? What is known about the duration of rainless periods in central Queensland, for example? When I hear that som
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Longest time without rain by Blair Trewin @ Yesterday at 15:16

If "authenticated" means "the result of a search of the database by someone from the Bureau" (namely, yours truly), then that statement is correct. (It's the same year that Marble Bar got its record long streak of days over 100F - essentially a total
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Longest time without rain by ozthunder @ Yesterday at 14:16

This will be another whether 'authenticated' issue. But belief is Wollongong has never had a completely dry month. That may have chnaged with the move to the rain shadowed Albion Park.
General Weather
One aspect of climate drivers I am very interested in the effect of the ozone hole upon our weather outcomes. It was sparked as I am currently studying it in high school chemistry. Upon some reading I found that it has caused significant shifts to ou
General Weather
Jump to new posts Longest time without rain by Surly Bond @ Yesterday at 12:30

I would like to know about the longest periods without rain, as recorded at rainfall stations. I have not yet found any such records on the Bureau of Meteorology website. I know that at my local station, Manilla Post Office, Station 55031, the long
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by ashestoashes @ Yesterday at 12:04

Got down to -4.5 degrees, inversion layer must have been ultra strong no wind was recorded between 7pm to 8am. I reckon it doesn't help being only 15m above sea level. Can be fair to say that this is the coldest winter i've ever experienced in terms
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by ozthunder @ Yesterday at 11:43

Originally Posted By: Antarctic WhalerThere is also a major föhn effect with Penrith & Richmond. That was in affect this morning in the Illawarra, both Bellambi and Albion Park hit their minimums before 3am, and by 5-6am were both around 9 to 10C.
Southern Western Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Perth and WA day to day weather by desieboy @ Yesterday at 11:30

Some light follow up rain from the mid west to the southern coastal and adjacent areas.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come by Petros @ Yesterday at 11:02

Not much to report here, other than typical 3-4 day weak frontal systems to arrive over the next 10 days or so...... Good for the snow fields though!
General Weather
Originally Posted By: snowboobyOriginally Posted By: Flowin I think there is sometimes too much focus on ENSO. maybe so....but enso is such a concentrated little package...perhaps it contains the secrets of connections to many more variables/ pat
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Coxy @ Yesterday at 10:40

I distinctly remember during primary school (in the mid-1980s) that frost was regular on winter mornings at Fig Tree Pocket. It used to be fun crunching the frost before school. Seems far less common in the western suburbs of Brisbane these days?
Tropical and Central Australia
Originally Posted By: scott12Yeah guys..I never like to see dead critters on the roads, regardless of whether they are regarded as pests...the boy thinks I'm a nutter because I just lay on the horn well in advance, whenever we see raptors eating road
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Flowin I think there is sometimes too much focus on ENSO. maybe so....but enso is such a concentrated little package...perhaps it contains the secrets of connections to many more variables/ patterns on our globe..if it can b
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ Yesterday at 08:47

Another 'bracing' morning at Chain Valley Bay this morning, with a heavier frost than yesterday and ice on the windscreen. This is the second coldest I've seen on the car thermometer, the coldest was -2° at Shooters Hill a few years ago when it was s
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Jimi @ Yesterday at 08:39

Originally Posted By: JimiOriginally Posted By: ashestoashes Well they have acknowledged. Well those records lasted 24 hours. Parkes -6.6C, Dubbo -6.0C. Bathurst -8.1C and Mudgee -7.4C also impressive Dubbo -7.1C!
General Weather
Jump to new posts Not the climate change thread by Mike Hauber @ Yesterday at 08:39

A lot of stuff keeps getting said in the drivers thread which is clearly not climate driver related (if by climate drivers we mean stuff like ENSO IOD etc). Evidently it is not climate change related either as it is permitted. To keep the climate d
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Mcbobbings @ Yesterday at 08:26

Every site in the state apart from Cape Byron reported a min of below 10c today, really widespread cold.
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >
Who's Online
4 registered (dhutyrvbn, pete28, red earth, desieboy), 356 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
mikesox, muddy
Forum Stats
29610 Members
32 Forums
23932 Topics
1494297 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image