Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
SE QLD / NE NSW
Well just looking at rain radar and there looks to be a circulation 130km east of Tin Can Bay. Just an eddy or the low forming?
Tropical and Central Australia
You sure you didn't have the sprinkler too close to the gauge SF...?... Stuff all here..barely wet the ground...sprinklers still definitely still on this weekend...
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: Mike HauberGFS going for low forming far enough out to sea to keep the heavy rain away from the coast. Access and EC still want it closer to the coast. Radar seems to favour GFS at the moment, with a heavy swirl a decent way o
General Weather
For the record, the coastal strip of NSW is the least impacted in either El Nino or La Nina with only a slight deficiency recorded on average when the 12 most significant El Nino events are factored.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Another 9mm here last night after the 25mm we received during the last rain event 24 hours earlier. Event total now 76.5mm. Nice to see things green around here again.
SE QLD / NE NSW
GFS going for low forming far enough out to sea to keep the heavy rain away from the coast. Access and EC still want it closer to the coast. Radar seems to favour GFS at the moment, with a heavy swirl a decent way off the coast from Rainbow Beach.
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Mike Hauber Recent wet has been much stronger along the coast, but a mixed bag west of the ranges - Southern Qld doing well, but central Qld and much of NSW missing out. Normal ENSO impact is strong west of the ranges and weak
General Weather
Stating that conditions are not la Nina like and showing a picture of surface SSTs that are not La Nina like is totally different from refusing to acknowledge that the developing cold event was responsible for the October rain event. Stop lieing and
SE QLD / NE NSW
Only 17mm here. Was raining all evening and night, thought it should have been more.
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Dry Season - 2018 by ColdFront @ 13/10/2018 08:54

It hinges on the development of the possible Low near the Sunshine Coast. Yeppoon's forecast says a 90% chance of a shower or two and a possible storm?
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by DerekHV @ 13/10/2018 08:52

Originally Posted By: Long Road HomeReminds me a bit of Oct 2004, although that prolonged cold/wet spell was preceded by a record 38C day. This is one of the coolest spells I can remember for spring, the showers like a neverending convoy. With the EC
SE QLD / NE NSW
Another 65mm to this morning, showering again now. Our 3 day total is measured at 113mm, I added 12mm as a very conservative addition to the storm deluge, so Iíve recorded it is 125mm and I think I could easily add another 20mm that just couldnít be
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Mike Hauber I never trashed the notion of the developing cold event being responsible for the wettest october on record. From 2017 ENSO thread Originally Posted By: Mike HauberOriginally Posted By: ColdFrontInteresting f
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Driver Discussion 2018 (Enso, IOD, PDO ,SAM etc) by Funkyseefunkydo @ 13/10/2018 08:23

Oh kino. 🙄
SE QLD / NE NSW
Won't say I'm disappointed with our overnight total but great to see 30's and 40 plus up over the divide.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Chehehehe.I love supercells can't get enough of em just so long as they stay away from farmlands.
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Dry Season - 2018 by Vinnie @ 13/10/2018 07:49

Which forecasts ? BOM for here says showers 90 percent chance. More like 90 percent chance of a shower or two lol.
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Dry Season - 2018 by RC @ 13/10/2018 07:47

Some heavy falls last night from Gladstone south and inland as well. Much as was predicted. Radar shows all clear at the moment, yet forecasts still say up to 50mm for Rockhampton area.
Nice little drop of 18mm from a sneaky storm that crept over the hills last night. Some nice lightning and a welcome bit of noise. Speaking to some of the old cane farmers in the area and they have been saying it is as dry as they have seen in some
SE QLD / NE NSW
If that supercell would have hit Kingaroy head on, it would have made quite a mess.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Wave Rider @ 13/10/2018 06:57

The WA system does looks pretty nice indeed, hopefully it will benefit those inland areas that need it. Beautiful and sunny this morning, the only clouds are high cloud. But with the flick of a switch the low cloud and showers will likely make a re
Great storm last night. Not heaps of rain in it but loads of flash and bangs. Things looking good for today with models all increasing rainfall over the next 48 hours. Looks likely Mareeba will get 10-20mm. Hopefully more if we get a direct hit by a
SE QLD / NE NSW
I just checked our rain gauge and we have 136mm in it, 80mm in the last 24 hours. It pretty much rain all day yesterday and it is still lightly drizzling here, although I expect to clear up soon? System has moved on? We are just west of Coolum Bea
It's flogging down here at Holloways at the moment. Rain smells so good after so long.
General Weather
Originally Posted By: ColdFront Some still do because the details were refreshed when the current rainfall was linked to ElNino (synonymous with drier than average Spring conditions in Eastern Australia according to Mike's own decile maps) by the ver
Page 20 of 53 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 52 53 >
Who's Online
9 registered (Foehn Correspondent, Mcbobbings, Townsvilleblowin, samboz, kathrynsview, weatheriam, Homer, 2 invisible), 92 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
MatthewBr, Raweth, Russellmill
Forum Stats
29654 Members
32 Forums
23978 Topics
1500434 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image