Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tropical and Central Australia
Wow Veronica looks beautiful. Satellite and radar. Karratha looks like it might be in for another big storm. A wonderful gorgeous dismal day today, with little bits of drizzle on and off. Looks like Trevor is finally far enough west for its tail t
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
http://www.theweatherchaser.com/radar-loop/IDR782-weipa/2019-03-18-22/2019-03-20-22 It's pretty good looking on the Weipa radar. The last 2 days of the 256 Weipa radar above.
I’ve had 2 days off work but guess I better go back today, can’t really use the “might get cut off” excuse again!! I’ll pack a bag in case. 42 mm overnight.
General Weather
The Pacific seems to have clearly moved away from a modoki pattern to a much more canonical pattern, with the warmest anomalies moving further east (red curved line). Note how the westerly anomalies have been clearly focused along the western flan
So why are are BOM predicting Veronica to dip to Cat 3 just before landfall? Cant be the shear as that looks low, is it just the interaction with land? I would have thought if she has established her intensity and moisture a fair way out to sea it wo
Can not believe how rapid Veronica has intensified. How often does a TC go from 0-4 in 18 hours?
Yeah veronica is crazy. 0-4 in about 18 hours. How often does a TC intensify that quickly
As long as Trev doesn’t try to outdo Veronica, have look at her on the Sattelite, 🤭🤭
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Wave Rider @ 21/03/2019 06:48

Event is not over here (although I thought it was), there's been 3mm overnight and fair bit a fair bit more to come. The forecast is still over suggesting a possible shower and only a medium chance. I'd say the forecasted will get amended to showers
Holy Moses she has developed over the last 6 hours and scheduled to be Cat 5 by 2pm Friday.
Cat 4 latest update.
Incredible convection around the western and northern side, surely she'll be Cat 4 within the next 6 hours.
General Weather
Originally Posted By: FunkyseefunkydoI agree it would be great! But the BoM IOD outlook is not very good. Yeah they have been ever so accurate the last few years.
cirrusiously ???? Shirely your not Cirious v ?
General Weather
Over these El-Nada/La-Nadas. Just give us one or the other already.
Originally Posted By: youcantbe_cirrusOriginally Posted By: FlowinGOES satellite water vapour view https://meteologix.com/au/satellite/1389-e-135-s/satellite-water-vapor-10min.html#play Thanks for the good link! What is that hard boundary of diffe
Just went outside and had a look skywards. A random gust of wind came at me ..then back to stillness. The night sky towards the east is full of stars and clear as but towards the west there is some amazing high Cirrus cloud I guess, all layered up
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Cyclone Model Accuracy by marakai @ 21/03/2019 01:20

Originally Posted By: Red WatchFollowing the Bureau of Meteorology's first advice for the tropical low on 24 December, a cyclone warning was declared for areas between Port Douglas and Lucinda, Queensland. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclone_Tasha
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Cyclone Model Accuracy by marakai @ 21/03/2019 01:03

Originally Posted By: Red WatchOriginally Posted By: marakaiOriginally Posted By: wilymsOriginally Posted By: marakai That said, the plethora of Models that currently exist to me at least are constantly playing catch up with real time scenarios, whe
If you look at the synoptic chart you can see the steering mechanisms in play and what will drive her towards the coast. The ridge will be keeping her coming in eastwards and the trough will try and bring her on a more southerly track. Adds up
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Cyclone Model Accuracy by marakai @ 21/03/2019 00:56

Originally Posted By: FlowinOriginally Posted By: marakai Now take it back a week or so and see if you can find the predicted low on the current map that it forecast coming in to the South from Indo over Darwin and traveling West down the coast over
Close to Karratha @ this point is my estimation as a high end cat5.
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Cyclone Model Accuracy by Red Watch @ 21/03/2019 00:46

Following the Bureau of Meteorology's first advice for the tropical low on 24 December, a cyclone warning was declared for areas between Port Douglas and Lucinda, Queensland. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclone_Tasha
A few days out yet and that's only a forecast track. The trough to the south will be the telling factor as to how far south she end up before making landfall. I have a feeling its going to be a lot further towards Onslow or Exmouth myself but that
SE QLD / NE NSW
Indeed, had a good view of the offshore storms driving home just then, lots of CC lightning. Agreed re. Boonah, I hope to one day move out there. I always loved looking at the Boonah weathercam on storm days, shame it went out of commission.
Page 21 of 42 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 41 42 >
Who's Online
17 registered (crikey, Andrew-A, Taylsy, Vinnie, Salty, Aussea, Steve777, Gringo2412, Coxy, Corretto, TrentG, Summ3r, Renee09, DDstorm, 3 invisible), 118 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
crazyhorse, mario, Stupot uk, weathermegs
Forum Stats
29896 Members
32 Forums
24118 Topics
1522316 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image