Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tropical and Central Australia
Originally Posted By: marakaiOriginally Posted By: scott12Originally Posted By: WANDJINA G'valeNot sure that this will bring much to Cairns, maybe some rain? It doesn't appear to have much rain attached to it (cyclone) at the moment, a quite dry CAT3
SE QLD / NE NSW
I was going from my memory to what someone said years ago. Checking and comparing this morning's EC run and those 4 day BOM maps they look similar to my eyes in the placement of weather systems. Anyways, Ken will give us the right answer. LOL...
SE QLD / NE NSW
No way, the 12Z run of EC today showed the low nowhere near us like those 4 day charts.
South Australia
15.8mm so far at home, quite surprised but did get a few heavy showers.
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Originally Posted By: Steve OThats crazy he's going back the way he came. EC has it popping out at Cairns now.
Originally Posted By: dormantLol Marakai, rube goldberg setup. Described it to partner and he said, fine, for cooling a mouse. Freezing a block of ice might be our first hurdle. It may work, we will never find out... LMAO @ Rube Goldberg... Nah not
Originally Posted By: marakaiOriginally Posted By: cold@28Originally Posted By: ol mateThat line is getting closer to Chillagoe every update I'm not sure I can bear to keep watching tonight. You'll be right Coldy.. only be a cat 1 by the time
Originally Posted By: Ken KatoOriginally Posted By: marakaiOriginally Posted By: ol matethe last couple of years they always seem to be late Also - why is the track map issued by Perth not darwin? Perth is now the AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT BUREAU OF
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: crikeyWhilst the BOM ACCESS model suggests that owen will not come down the eastcoast at all but will wash out when it makes landfall in a few days, the BOM 4 day forecast synoptic shows that owen does indeed come down the coast
Originally Posted By: cold@28Originally Posted By: ol mateThat line is getting closer to Chillagoe every update I'm not sure I can bear to keep watching tonight. You'll be right Coldy.. only be a cat 1 by the time it get's anywhere near you an
Originally Posted By: marakaiOriginally Posted By: ol matethe last couple of years they always seem to be late Also - why is the track map issued by Perth not darwin? Perth is now the AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT BUREAU OF METEOROLOGY TROPICAL CYCLONE
SE QLD / NE NSW
For what it's worth, I can smell the rain on the N Eastern side of Toowoomba, but not a drop has fallen yet. No stars, no lightning to be seen anywhere, and 100% high cloud cover, and quite calm as at 2130 hrs. Tomorrow will tell.
Originally Posted By: ol matethe last couple of years they always seem to be late Also - why is the track map issued by Perth not darwin? Perth is now the AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT BUREAU OF METEOROLOGY TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING CENTRE PERTH . Gott
The overall track keeps moving west tho - looks increasingly like he'll stay inland
At twice the speed he arrived at, 13kmph. Goodnight all, my sympathies with those on the west coast of Qld, and lets face it, we on the east coast are not nearly as threatened and our choice to live here.
Thats crazy he's going back the way he came.
Originally Posted By: ol mateThat line is getting closer to Chillagoe every update I'm not sure I can bear to keep watching tonight.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Its going to be all good we will get the weather we want..
Lol Marakai, rube goldberg setup. Described it to partner and he said, fine, for cooling a mouse. Freezing a block of ice might be our first hurdle. It may work, we will never find out...
SE QLD / NE NSW
And the inevitable downgrade continues with the latest BSCH. Would have loved some floods lol, ah well. Got a small drop tonight, the main body slipped below us. Maybe 1-2mm. A lot of that colour on the radar had nothing actually under it.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Whilst the BOM ACCESS model suggests that owen will not come down the eastcoast at all but will wash out when it makes landfall in a few days, the BOM 4 day forecast synoptic shows that owen does indeed come down the coast.as a rotating ex tc or trop
SE QLD / NE NSW
I was actually hoping my post from this morning wouldn’t come true because I’ve been really wanting some action from at least the southern system but alas, EC and ACCESS-C look like being correct after all as far as this evening goes Originally Pos
SE QLD / NE NSW
Yep the winds on the surface are N to NE'ly but the ridge axis changes with all the low pressure to the south and other winds start turning in from the E to ESE'ly at the gradient level converging in a sort of surface trough way. The winds at 500hpa
That line is getting closer to Chillagoe every update
Page 21 of 74 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 73 74 >
Who's Online
7 registered (Foehn Correspondent, gleno71, Marts, one drop, GrayHorseRanch, 2 invisible), 81 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Crystal_xx, Dragonfly, keef, Quagmelson
Forum Stats
29735 Members
32 Forums
24028 Topics
1507199 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image