Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Wet Low impacting Tuesday 15th-Sat 19th Aug. by ThunderBob @ 12/08/2017 18:36

Yeah, Petros ... looks like it'll roar in and make the temperatures of the days leading up seem like dim memories. Samboz, it will be interesting to see how much rain comes out of Tues/Wed - official forecasts only have a max total for my area for th
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: Minimum temperatures at Goulburn by Morham @ 12/08/2017 18:34

Beliefs aside, what happened at Goulburn station is not a good look. Do temperature adjustments like that happen at the BoM regularly? Do they only have one weather station at the site? Would it make more sense to have 3 weather stations so outlier
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: Minimum temperatures at Goulburn by Knot @ 12/08/2017 18:18

I think you read point 1 wrong Steve. I will put it another way. If co2 levels quadrupled in 50 years to what they are now but temperatures decreased ( with no discernable imput from high sulphur volcanic activity, solar min or or orbit changes etc)
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ 12/08/2017 18:14

Originally Posted By: Wave RiderI don't think it was that bad here this morning, but clearly bad in the Northern suburbs according to the news article. When I woke up at 8am it was almost totally calm I think Dapto is somewhat "sheltered" by it's p
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: Minimum temperatures at Goulburn by Kino @ 12/08/2017 18:11

Originally Posted By: Knot@Kino Maybe what happened at Goulburn AP is maybe a small glimpse into how the data gate keepers are going about shoring up the 'faith'. I ask a straight fwd question now. Does the bom use 'smart cards' to filter out what t
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: Minimum temperatures at Goulburn by Knot @ 12/08/2017 18:06

@Kino Maybe what happened at Goulburn AP is maybe a small glimpse into how the data gate keepers are going about shoring up the 'faith'. I ask a straight fwd question now. Does the bom use 'smart cards' to filter out what they think may be anomalous
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Wave Rider @ 12/08/2017 17:54

I don't think it was that bad here this morning, but clearly bad in the Northern suburbs according to the news article. When I woke up at 8am it was almost totally calm
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: Minimum temperatures at Goulburn by Kino @ 12/08/2017 17:50

Originally Posted By: Steve777Originally Posted By: Knot...Many centuries ago in parts of the world there was a consensus held by otherwise very intelligent people that 'deniers' had to be burned at the stake That was not done because there was a co
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ 12/08/2017 17:47

Originally Posted By: Wave RiderUrgh fkn wind!! LOL you just beat me too it....they suck. Hopefully not as bad as this AM.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Wave Rider @ 12/08/2017 17:47

Urgh fkn wind!!
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: Minimum temperatures at Goulburn by Steve777 @ 12/08/2017 17:47

Originally Posted By: Knot...Many centuries ago in parts of the world there was a consensus held by otherwise very intelligent people that 'deniers' had to be burned at the stake That was not done because there was a consensus based upon careful obs
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Australian Politics by Kino @ 12/08/2017 17:41

Abbott is clearly deluded re this but there is a bigger picture happening - he sees it as an opportunity to wedge Turnbull and wrest back the PM'ship. And if the result is 'NO', Turnbull is in significant danger IMO. But it'll be Dutton not Abbott th
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: Minimum temperatures at Goulburn by Kino @ 12/08/2017 17:39

'Consensus' is the new form of 'groupthink' IMO. Given they still can't accurately predict next weeks weather, how can they forecast any further than that? And as for 'climate change', that has and always will. The question is "is it man made". If s
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: Minimum temperatures at Goulburn by Knot @ 12/08/2017 16:51

And I think it is fear of point No.1 in my previous post that drives the doom speak by many who now have a vested interest in the GW gravy train. And I would expect just like cultish behaviour exhibits in religions today and in the past that any info
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Rsav @ 12/08/2017 16:42

Thank you Kev and Mega!
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: Minimum temperatures at Goulburn by Knot @ 12/08/2017 16:40

Not the old consensus routine again Steve. Many centuries ago in parts of the world there was a consensus held by otherwise very intelligent people that 'deniers' had to be burned at the stake (in some parts of todays world this is still happens unde
Tropical and Central Australia
Lighting....whats that? In 7 years I've been here I haven't experienced one *memorable* thunderstorm. Must've chased them away.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: Minimum temperatures at Goulburn by Steve777 @ 12/08/2017 16:01

Originally Posted By: Morham...Is the current increasing concentration of co2 a perfectly normal cycle, or is the co2 we release from rocks like coal contributing to it? The scientific consensus is that it is caused by the burning of fossil fuels:
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Australian Politics by rain gauge @ 12/08/2017 15:35

LMAO. Bet that must hurt his Bronze age agenda.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Morham @ 12/08/2017 15:11

Glorious, glorious day today.
Originally Posted By: RonfishesI'm gonna go out on a limb and say winter has retreated for the year? With a couple of weeks left, gotta be warmest minimums ever I'd say. Maybe up your way but we may get one more belting in a week or so down here. S
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: Minimum temperatures at Goulburn by Morham @ 12/08/2017 15:10

Originally Posted By: KnotSince when hasn't the climate changed. A climate not changing would be the odd man out in earth's geological history. There never has been perpetual climate stasis and there never will be. There has been rapid change. Slow c
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Australian Politics by ColdFront @ 12/08/2017 15:06

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-ne...lity-poll-shows
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Wave Rider @ 12/08/2017 15:05

I've been in shorts nearly every day and no jumper on most days. Really hasn't been a cold winter here, but, that's set to change late next week. I really can't see this one fizzing out since there's such a vast expanse of cold air forecasted. 20 de
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say winter has retreated for the year? With a couple of weeks left, gotta be warmest minimums ever I'd say.
Page 22 of 26 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 >
Who's Online
5 registered (hickory, Cheers, Thunderstruck, samboz, 1 invisible), 47 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Astraphobia, Jillamanda, terrydavidphoto
Forum Stats
29341 Members
32 Forums
23661 Topics
1458485 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image