Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ 18/10/2017 18:32

Sea gales here as well. I'm about 10 km from the open Sea as the crow flies. ------ Here is a pair of pictures of Riverside Falls in Lane Cove National Park. The top view is during a wet spell in January last year, the lower one was taken today. Th
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Wave Rider @ 18/10/2017 18:23

Geez there's a seabreeze and a half here this afternoon. It's blowing its guts out here at home, even more so than the coast which is surprising.
South Australia
Could this Spring be any less eventful lol. No storms so far within chasing range let alone at home, hardly any rain since early September, hardly any wind events. Such a boring year, too spoilt from last season.
Tropical and Central Australia
SWW cancelled.
Starting to clear a little here. Quite windy. Emptied out 120mm at 4pm. Time to dry out a bit.
Victoria
Reached a hot, muggy top of 34.6C here in Belgrave yesterday, with the heat again offset by a nice cooling breeze. Skies were almost cloud-free, except for some high cloud that appeared to the southwest at sunset. Another comfortable night followed
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: LockeOriginally Posted By: Ken KatoI still can't see how the intense rainfall which fell 300km further north along the QLD coast....on a different day... from a different area of enhanced rainfall... was even remotely close to t
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by payshense @ 18/10/2017 17:45

Topped out at 30.5 an hour ago. Falling slowly, on 28 now.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: Ken KatoI still can't see how the intense rainfall which fell 300km further north along the QLD coast....on a different day... from a different area of enhanced rainfall... was even remotely close to the mark in anyone's books (
I really wish we would get a lot more always piggy in the middle
Victoria
Hope Thunderstorms fire up in Western Victoria tomorrow morning as enough Precipitable Water uppers to compress push to North East.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Yeah GFS was stoned ...again.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Reading from the outside Ken, I think some others are getting the 500 mm total confused. That GFS forecast was for a 24 hr period, for a specific area of the QLD coast. Some areas may have had more than that, but it has fallen over a period of severa
Big fade out for G'vale at this stage
SE QLD / NE NSW
I still can't see how the intense rainfall which fell 300km further north along the QLD coast....on a different day... from a different area of enhanced rainfall... was even remotely close to the mark in anyone's books (even if it was described as po
SE QLD / NE NSW
Whilst GFS was out on timing and placement of heavy falls, I think the size of the falls that actually occurred have shown the GFS forecast was perhaps not as crazy as some here have suggested.
NSW / ACT
DaveM - you've got to stop wearing those silk shirts to work! As for Friday, the latest forecast for Richmond http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts/richmond.shtml has increased rainfall totals to 15-30 mm's, but says it will fall mainly during the mor
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by yep @ 18/10/2017 16:34

Just needs to stay above 18.3c in Hobart before 9am tomorrow for second warmest October night. The warmest is 20.2c but at 9am today it was 19.2c, so we won't get the big one unfotunately
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by payshense @ 18/10/2017 16:32

Have just hit 30 here. Up from 29.5 an hour ago.
Severe Thunderstorm Warning for HEAVY RAINFALL and DAMAGING WINDS For people in parts of North Tropical Coast and Tablelands and Herbert and Lower Burdekin Forecast Districts. Issued at 3:16 pm Wednesday, 18 October 2017. Severe thunderstorms are
SE QLD / NE NSW
Yeah quite insane rainfall. The past 5 years this area has averaged just over 900 mm a year. When you consider that most of that has fallen on just 4 days it is pretty crazy.
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by Snowies @ 18/10/2017 16:12

I suspect you may have lost the battle but will easily win the war for hottest days of summer.
131mm at Bilyana and still bucketing..
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by DaveM @ 18/10/2017 16:00

That is a hot day for there any time let alone October. 33 at Brighton - that's hot. We had a 31.2 in September but we've not yet made 33. Too good for me BB Indeed Hobart has me covered too for hottest temp since winter.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Amazing stuff ColdFront.
Page 22 of 46 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 45 46 >
Who's Online
13 registered (Steve777, samboz, Pete R, Homer, Stormy3, wet sky, Perfect Storm, J D, Dan101, Kino, 3 invisible), 284 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Evil Kitty, Jake, ka0tik_pengwin, Nullamanna WX, shaunandwendy, stormygirl
Forum Stats
29389 Members
32 Forums
23700 Topics
1465761 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image