Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: Mike HauberOriginally Posted By: Ken Kato[ It's hard to know for sure which models are going to be closer to the mark for any given individual setup but the fact that objective skill scores consistently show that GFS is signif
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: Mike HauberOriginally Posted By: Ken Kato[ It's hard to know for sure which models are going to be closer to the mark for any given individual setup but the fact that objective skill scores consistently show that GFS is signif
SE QLD / NE NSW
I'm at Point Danger and its howling. Someone got knocked over by the wind near the monument. There ok. Big band heading towards the GC. Surf is messy but huge waves. Some light erosion st Duranbah beach
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Wave Rider @ 14/10/2018 14:05

Partly cloudy here this arvo with a nice NEer blowing. The jump in dew points and temps since a few days ago makes it very pleasant shorts and t shirt weather.
Southern Western Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Perth and WA day to day weather by desieboy @ 14/10/2018 14:03

Front bringing more widespread moderate to heavy rain to the southern part of the state . Farmers getting good finishing up rain ....looking like a bumper crop.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Long Road Home @ 14/10/2018 13:58

It was a relentless rain train that just got heavier as the night went on. The drought would be on it's way out around here on the coast, and there's more wet stuff on the way.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: Ken Kato[ It's hard to know for sure which models are going to be closer to the mark for any given individual setup but the fact that objective skill scores consistently show that GFS is significantly less accurate than some o
SE QLD / NE NSW
Frequent heavy drizzle/showers here now & darker. Love all this incoming moisture!
SE QLD / NE NSW
Love both th novice and experienced commenty on this forum- thank you! I just look for a central point in rotation on the radar , but understand its a lot more complex than that. Definitely looks like a wet arvo/night inbound from the east
General Weather
The overall atmospheric pattern for the last 90 days shows some significant el nino characteristics. But there does seem to be a continuation of a trend that I started to notice even back in 2015 for NE/SW Pacific to be more el nino and SE/NW Pacifi
SE QLD / NE NSW
Hoping to crack the 50.0mm event total mark at some stage today, currently sitting on 49.8mm
SE QLD / NE NSW
Quite a large blob headin in on the goldy from the east on 256k. Been plenty of heavy showers here this morning. DD
Tropical and Central Australia
Originally Posted By: drivenunderWoke up at 3am, some nice lightning, thunder quite load at times and steady rain. About 15mm from all that! I did a skydive yesterday at Mission Beach - it was incredible. First time, scary as hell but landed on the
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: Mike HauberGFS suggests low pressure just east of Maroochydore, 500hp low just west of Brisbane, and 300hp upper level trough NE/SW through Bundaberg. Gympie doppler wind hints at a low a little further north than GFS suggests,
SE QLD / NE NSW
Yep Mega, every time there's potential for multiple low pressure centres embedded in a broader area of low pressure or trough, it raises red flags for me in terms of uncertainty in movement and intensities.
SE QLD / NE NSW
GFS suggests low pressure just east of Maroochydore, 500hp low just west of Brisbane, and 300hp upper level trough NE/SW through Bundaberg. Gympie doppler wind hints at a low a little further north than GFS suggests, maybe east of Rainbow Beach. GF
SE QLD / NE NSW
You know it's hard to identify a singular circulation when even BoM revert back to saying "low pressure complex" instead of "low pressure system". Anyway, I'm really surprised by this rain today as most if not all models had the heavier stuff much f
South Australia
Lucky buggers. Hold on tight.
SE QLD / NE NSW
imo bom were a bit quick to cancel the flood watch and head home for saturday afternoon drinks.
South Australia
y'all better tie your kids and dogs to the nearest stobie pole Dis thing in the gulf is hammering down on Adelaide like a freight train and it's whopperising by the minute. by the time it gets here it's going to be like a feral cat with a bad att
Tropical and Central Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Dry Season - 2018 by Hailin @ 14/10/2018 12:25

Hi BlueMoon, my parents are at Tanby Point and measured 80mm overnite. Great falls.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Northwesterly @ 14/10/2018 12:16

I was right under the rain train at my location in Stanhope Gardens. Picked up 50mm between midnight and now. I am now up to 128.3mm for the month. Good thing I mowed the lawn yesterday!!
SE QLD / NE NSW
Rain eased a bit on the Gold Coast, though still heavy on the hinterland.
South Australia
Some nice bolts over Whyalla earlier. Bring on round 2. Northerly blowing it's guts out now.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Low centred near eurong?
Page 23 of 41 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 40 41 >
Who's Online
9 registered (kathrynsview, Foehn Correspondent, Kino, Simmo FNQ, ashestoashes, Petros, betsuin, RC, 1 invisible), 89 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
sharjay
Forum Stats
29681 Members
32 Forums
23978 Topics
1500714 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image