Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Never heard of a "meandering" cyclone before (not taking away from the severity for the people in it's path) but BoM WTF - did someone have a really good Christmas lunch?
NSW / ACT
And as quick as it arrived, it has departed.
NSW / ACT
Thundery showers here and not much rain. Didn't stop me from finishing mowing the lawn. Still need more rain desperately. Even with the 100mm a few weeks back & the fact that it was raining, the mower was still capable of producing a decent dust clo
NSW / ACT
Moderate to heavy falls here atm, yet the wind is still from the east at about 18kmh.
Tropical and Central Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Wet Season - December 2018 by ColdFront @ Yesterday at 15:43

Originally Posted By: ifishcqNo crabs around anyway bundybear, most places in Qld were fished out years ago. Got a good feed a couple of weeks ago out of the Yandaran. All full too.
NSW / ACT
And just like that it's gone. some moderate rain with a 5 second burst of heavy
NSW / ACT
Quagmelson, I was there on the 24th November at Burragorang Lookout and went to the Dam wall. In the information area at the time they said they only has four hundred and (something) odd of rain year to date. The average yearly is 840 so someway to g
Definitely tracking back east now if you zoom in on Marakai's link.
Just to show that even Hollywood Higgins can be outdone, I just saw a post on facebook (not naming names) with the following howler- "What I am talking about is Vortex this could be even stronger than what cyclone Owens, it could even be up to 600 k
Already looks north of the current track map on https://www.goes.noaa.gov/sohemi/sohemiloops/shnewguinea.html could be just a wobble though. Just touching the -15 line.
NSW / ACT
A very loud thunder crack just to my NW, looking like some heavy rain soon.
NSW / ACT
wow that cell in Sydney's north fizzed into nothing. Another building behind.
Back over water now . Sat loops indicate the eye has moved more north east however.
NSW / ACT
Incoming here. Got quite dark very quickly. A few rumbles and fire alarms going off in the distance
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING TROPICAL CYCLONE ADVICE NUMBER 23 Issued at 1:36 pm ACST [2:06 pm AEST] on Thursday 13 December 2018 Headline: Severe Tropical Cyclone Owen a Category 3 system is meandering on the coast
NSW / ACT
Quags the Greater Sydney Dam level website states that over the Warragamba catchment the rainfall over the past year is 544mm. You could imagine how dry the soils in that area are. It will take some more time the soils to at a level to allow run-off,
NSW / ACT
Thunder rolling in from the NW here, that would be the small cell that just passed through Penrith.
NSW / ACT
The desal plant operators are desperate for dam to hit 60% so they can switch on their dormant tax $$ muncher. They wont be happy with this low. Some heavy activity over catchment. But I am! Almost hailed. Tried hard. 1.5mm to start the total rollin
NSW / ACT
Btw, i smell a conspiracy theory with warragamba dam levels. Is it believable that it didnt rise more than 1.5% 10 days after 100mm fell over nearly the entire catchment?. 1mm falling on 1mtrsq is 1 litre. Even allowing for every factor its surprisi
Originally Posted By: RainrunnerLove this image showing the combined systems of Severe TC Owen and the upper trough which Owen will slide down like surfing a wave. Just copped a good fall here just as that image was released.. "In the
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Wet Season - December 2018 by Vinnie @ Yesterday at 15:03

So we are going to see some rain on the weekend now ? Will it be like Debbie where it is all over in a night ?
Don't like the chances, but for once I'm hoping for the clouds to hold off until Saturday morning...there's a bloody meteor shower Friday night!
NSW / ACT
28mm tipped out so far with regular thunder here in Goulburn. This month's synoptic pattern of continual lows dominating the continent is fascinating.
Victoria
Yes< Logansi, when the flow turns around to the E/SE but will be interesting to see where/how much - will, I think be very dependent on the centre's position. Several chopper rescues have apparently taken place on Hume north of Wang.
Page 23 of 68 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 67 68 >
Who's Online
41 registered (Raindammit, Ticktock, Steve O, Colin Maitland, ol mate, Summ3r, Blowin', bd bucketingdown, Timbuck, Jimi, FujiWha, scott12, Warwick Eye2Sky, Simmo FNQ, TrentG, logansi, Unsettled, batty, Lani, Jesse24, mysteriousbrad, Perfect Storm, ashestoashes, bundybear, Sidney, GrayHorseRanch, PDDave, StormCapture, GringosRain, UHF_CH10, CirrusFibratus, Gabby, balmz, slipperyfish, HigherPerspectiv, one drop, LonnyDave, ifishcq, 3 invisible), 230 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Bernd_Northrhine-Westfalia_Germany, lobione, Robbie
Forum Stats
29735 Members
32 Forums
24028 Topics
1507004 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image