Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tropical and Central Australia
Power still on in South Scott, but still pouring. The dog tucked up tight watching it fall from inside. Haha. Spoilt.
Victoria
32.7c at 3.30pm of 23% humidity and uppers got lots moist starting crash in SA to move Eastwards.
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by BrightonBreeze @ 18/10/2017 15:31

Also forgot to mention the humidity dropped down to 14% earlier aswell, not great for any fires breaking out! Very desperate for rain! Seems to be the case in a lot of places.
Townsville appears to be the piggy in the middle, once again.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Incredible! That's almost our whole year-to-date.
Hammering down here too ..lots of thunder as well..going back out to do a bit of work in half an hour...I havent worked outside in rain like this for a long while.. SF, I hope the poor pooch is an inside dog or at least a very good swimmer..haha..?
Severe Weather Warning for HEAVY RAINFALL For people in parts of Herbert and Lower Burdekin and Central Coast and Whitsundays Forecast Districts. Issued at 1:57 pm Wednesday, 18 October 2017. Heavy rainfall is possible in coastal areas between Ayr
Looks interesting, not sure how Gordonvale will fare but its coming ashore, best Oct rain weather since I've been here.
General Weather
Originally Posted By: yepHobart 20c...August 19 25c...October 5 30c...October 29 35c...January 6 40c...January 11 Thresholds so far reached in Hobart 2017.. 20c...September 3 25c...October 17 30c...October 18
Up to 83mm at Bilyana, just bucketing.
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by BrightonBreeze @ 18/10/2017 15:18

Warm at Brighton, top of 33C still sitting about 32.6C with a northerly, hopefully the sea breeze doesn't push the northerly back!
RD I haven't had a chance to put up my weather station yet, but the old Gauge has a capacity of 250mm if my memory serves me correct. It is just under half way up the outer tube, and that has been since 9am. Incredible rain, and almost a quarter of t
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by Snowies @ 18/10/2017 15:04

Looks to be done, sea breeze has arrived just before 3pm.
Victoria
34.7C here at the mo' with a gusty breeze, the little moisture left in the ground going on days like this. Doesn't feel that hot with RH of only 26%.
56mm at Bilyana since 9am, 20mm in the last 10 minutes..
For some years yes. Scott, the old man had a place up at the Daintree and I did many a summer up there, some of the best times of my life, so this kind of rainfall is not foreign to me, but certainly a distant memory. Starting to spread inland now
Some great falls to our North, Poverty Hill (just South of Ingham) has had 128mm in 4.5 hours. Massive feed band stretching North to Cooktown is currently feeding heavy rainfall onto the coast from Mission Beach to Ingham. Hopefully the activity lo
You sound excited SF..is this the most rain you have seen for a long while..?
In Tully earlier and just drizzle. Get back here and wow! Just keeps feeding in over Bingil. Still relatively isolated to the coastal fringe. I think it will spread out soon enough. But big totals from this neck of the woods I think.
Originally Posted By: slipperyfishWe must be fast approaching 100mm since 9am. Only about 30 mm here since yesterday arvo..we might catch up later today though..
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by yep @ 18/10/2017 14:16

Originally Posted By: SnowiesCruised past 30 to a warm 31.9. Fifth hottest October day, but maybe that could be it? 34.6.....1987 33.3.....1914 33.1.....2006 32.7.....1922 31.9.....2017
Originally Posted By: RonfishesJust a matter of if that trough comes ashore enough ay HF Yeah guys this arvo could be very interesting depending on how much comes ashore..some real heavy stuff showing on the radar currently impacting the coast from
We must be fast approaching 100mm since 9am.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Warwick Eye2Sky @ 18/10/2017 14:09

Are early indications looking like the same areas will get the goods? The forecasts models have the same look to them as last week. Our forecasts have been downgraded to around 5mm each day, Friday and Saturday. Thanks.
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by Snowies @ 18/10/2017 13:55

Cruised past 30 to a warm 31.9.
Page 23 of 46 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 45 46 >
Who's Online
15 registered (Green Fields, samboz, aussiestormfreak, Steve777, Pete R, Homer, Stormy3, wet sky, Perfect Storm, J D, Dan101, Kino, 3 invisible), 285 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Evil Kitty, Jake, ka0tik_pengwin, Nullamanna WX, shaunandwendy, stormygirl
Forum Stats
29389 Members
32 Forums
23700 Topics
1465761 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image