Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Quagmelson @ 17/10/2018 16:10

Very heavy shower for 5 mins here. Just got a roll of thunder out of it to the east. Now a 2nd. You beauty.
Tropical and Central Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Central Coast & Whitsundays Dry Season - 2018 by MS.VORTICITY @ 17/10/2018 15:53

Lots of lightning & rumbles heading Mackay/Whitsunday way. ⚡️🌧
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Crimson_Tide_ @ 17/10/2018 15:06

Had a brief intense downpour just before 1400 here, cell from the NW. Only served to bump up the Humidity however.
South Australia
Looked terrible out there the other day roves. Sky was raining more dust than moisture it seemed. 21mm in Clare. Temp has been with 1 degree of 10 degrees for 24 hours and when it hasn't been drizzling it's been foggy. Only cleared into stratus a co
South Australia
Can't comment on frequency as I havent observed weather for long enough. But the other night and most particularly the late December 2016 event was a very unusual and severe NE event. There were probably 130km gusts over mid north peaks that night. A
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Change discussion is banned?? by Locke @ 17/10/2018 14:38

If you want discussion about climate change shut down then simply notify mods of posts that you feel are covering the banned areas (as Raindammit suggested). Otherwise you might just end simply discussing the same subject that you've suggested other
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by CoastalStorm22 @ 17/10/2018 14:23

Yeah, cloudburst like rain here in Chatswood Steve.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ 17/10/2018 14:22

Bucketing down as the red core passes overhead.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ 17/10/2018 14:07

Light rain just starting here (Macquarie Park). Checked the radar and it showed a red cell popping up near Hornsby headed towards the CBD. EDIT: rain rate picking up, now Moderate to heavy. No fireworks.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Mike Hauber @ 17/10/2018 13:59

Some instability and moisture for the next week, but nothing special and sheer seems to be generally lacking. Wednesday has some very pretty colours on the Cape chart, and a SE change in the area - Thur AM on current run, but who knows what future r
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by TWEEDSTORM @ 17/10/2018 13:46

Even that might be risky with this ridge locked into place, enjoying the humidity and warmth out there though.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Change discussion is banned?? by CeeBee @ 17/10/2018 13:29

Originally Posted By: marakaiOriginally Posted By: Mike HauberOriginally Posted By: marakaiClimate change denial ??? Who's denying the climate changes Mike ? For your info NASA seems to take space weather quite seriously, nobody is making you take pa
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Snowmaker @ 17/10/2018 13:01

Correct me if I am wrong, but would it be ideal for the rain band to clear for better chances of storms? I can see that a few cells have just started to pop up to the west of the band, so I am guessing this afternoon's storms will move in behind? Tha
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Change discussion is banned?? by Mike Hauber @ 17/10/2018 12:12

Questioning the greenhouse theory itself is clearly denying climate change. I know I know 'we don't deny climate change - the climate changes all the time. We just deny all climate change that the scientists tell us is going on'
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ 17/10/2018 11:43

Originally Posted By: ashestoashesLoving this return to humid warmth already at the 23.8 degrees with a dew point of 18 degrees. Surprising how quickly how an easterly flow and some rain has banished the dry air. Agree, though the nights are a lit
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by ashestoashes @ 17/10/2018 11:38

Loving this return to humid warmth already at the 23.8 degrees with a dew point of 18 degrees. Surprising how quickly how an easterly flow and some rain has banished the dry air.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ 17/10/2018 11:18

Originally Posted By: kizzHave you just returned from the future? Storms forecasted for afternoon and evening so not sure what you mean by what happened. LOL
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Change discussion is banned?? by marakai @ 17/10/2018 11:07

Originally Posted By: Mike HauberOriginally Posted By: marakaiClimate change denial ??? Who's denying the climate changes Mike ? For your info NASA seems to take space weather quite seriously, nobody is making you take part in the discussion you seem
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by TWEEDSTORM @ 17/10/2018 09:45

Great to hear you got some worthwhile rain out there mate.Might cruise out to the Hinterland with my camera over one of these up and coming days , think that's where the action will be.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by kizz @ 17/10/2018 09:31

Have you just returned from the future? Storms forecasted for afternoon and evening so not sure what you mean by what happened.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Warwick Eye2Sky @ 17/10/2018 09:24

Looks like the recent event thread has ended. Another 3mm late evening to bump our total for yesterday to 14.5mm. Now 102mm for the past event. Over the next week we should see some scattered storms from time to time. Some could be strong to severe.
South Australia
Managed another 1.8mm until 745am from the drizzle. Has freshened the garden a bit. Had one smallish branch split on our wattle in the front garden from those howling NE'ers the other day. I dread to think what the damage there might be at my prop
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by chapo @ 17/10/2018 09:22

What happened to the thunderstorms forecast for today?
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by retired weather man @ 17/10/2018 08:47

WYNNUM NORTH - WEATHER DATE..17 OCT 2018 TIME..0740 CURRENT TEMPERATURE......22.9C CURRENT HUMIDITY...........83% CURRENT DEW POINT..........20C CURRENT WIND DIR/SPEED.....SE 7Kph CURRENT MSL PRESSURE......1017.8HpA CURRENT VISIBILITY........15
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Change discussion is banned?? by Petros @ 17/10/2018 08:28

I believe the space weather thread was a good idea. Most of the references posted came with an acknowledgment of AGW bias - forewarned, but not promoted), and were only posted to explain the solar energy inputs to earth that I bet most of us (esp. m
Page 24 of 27 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 >
Who's Online
5 registered (Snowmaker, ConM, ashestoashes, Mcbobbings, Andrew73), 345 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
annair, marestails, Quasar, typhoontim
Forum Stats
29681 Members
32 Forums
23981 Topics
1501152 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image