Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tropical and Central Australia
*sigh* this system, could have, should have been a drought breaker and it went straight through us. 11.8mm in 24 hours to 9am. total of 49mm for the week. well above average i guess.
Wow 236mm for Abergowrie Bridge Alert, West of Ingham, Raining steady here at Forrest Beach with some Heavier downpours
197mm for the 24hrs. I'll take that😀 The Myola numbers are staggering, especially considering the two closest readings are reading massively less. I know there can be variances between areas in close proximity but we are talking over 200mm v
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: gleno71Was great to see some most welcome rain. Dissapointing to see a FB page with inflated ego's boasting about "apparently" getting the 500mm rain in certain forecast right. It seems to be a competition on who gets the foreca
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Kino Are you talking about the band of westerlies at 80E? They sure do look atypical of a band of MJO westerlies. I don't see any, however, over the maritime continent, or MJO Zone 5, which is where it's currently progged. I'
SE QLD / NE NSW
Yep, 3 cheers to all the contributors, you guys make it all the more fascinating and help as enthusiastic novices sit up and learn. Thx
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Kino Don't blame "other posters" for your scientifically and factually incorrect statement. Own it. No.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by DerekHV @ 19/10/2017 10:06

Going for 31C today, will be the 4th day over 30C s far this month. (with 1 mandatory day of missing data), and another one next week. I don't think we had any last year from memory, it was like 22-23 days out of 31 below average, so a big turnaround
Originally Posted By: WearyOriginally Posted By: RonfishesTipped out 160.6mm. Man can not for the life of me remember a lightning and thunder period for that extent of time. Iím with you Ron. Brings back memories of se qld when I was a youngster I
NSW / ACT
Homer Yep wedding aside - let's hope everyone gets a good drink out of this. It's greening nicely out here after last weeks showers - this will hopefully add nicely to that
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ 19/10/2017 09:52

Sad really great pics Steve.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by DaveM @ 19/10/2017 09:51

Just a slight difference there Steve
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by DaveM @ 19/10/2017 09:50

Good onya Dave
NSW / ACT
ACCESS is hanging on to 10-30mm falls within the Metro & Illawarra areas. GfS has come back on-board to an extent; EC has also upgraded overnight now liking 15-25mm. Most agree rain should start overnight and persist well into tomorrow tapering off
Reports of two trees struck at Bayview that people have seen. Southern suburbs seems to take the worst of the TS. Wet season is a while away but at least we have some greenery heading into the build up. Who knows what this year will bring. Seems
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Mike HauberWesterlies associated with the MJO have entered the western Pacific, if only just barely. Normal progression with MJO is for the westerlies to weaken/move west as individual lows move away from the equator or towards
SE QLD / NE NSW
Was great to see some most welcome rain. Dissapointing to see a FB page with inflated ego's boasting about "apparently" getting the 500mm rain in certain forecast right. It seems to be a competition on who gets the forecast right these days. "Some"
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Mike HauberLets see if I can change my original post to satisfy some posters on the wording around cold tongue: Abrupt Termination of the 97/98 el nino and transition to La Nina is epxlained as an increase in easterly trade win
Perhaps this might be a change to the bland wet seasons of the past few years!
How is everyone? Same here Bobby, 42 years born and bred, just said the same words to the missus, not sure of totals but must be up near 150mm.
Your right CuNimJim I have lived here all my life(41 years) and cant remember a storm lasting more than an hour or 2. The cracks of thunder around 12:30- 1am were the loudest I have ever heard. Pretty sure at least 1 stike touched down as it took dow
Victoria
Hot northerly here at the mo', 28C & saw just under 29C earlier, after hottish night min round 15C. Mt Moornapa was warmer with a 19C+ min overnight. We won't see rain until the wind swings to the W, and then probably
Originally Posted By: DawggggLucky buggers. We got shafted again, 2mm here after every promise of good soaking rain. This place really is a hole. Feeling for you Trav - seriously WTF is going on with TSV and the lack of rain? This has to now be wo
General Weather
Westerlies associated with the MJO have entered the western Pacific, if only just barely. Normal progression with MJO is for the westerlies to weaken/move west as individual lows move away from the equator or towards the west (most common for near e
Fantastic light show last night. I believe the Cairns force field failed last night. 151.6 since 12am.
Page 28 of 42 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 41 42 >
Who's Online
7 registered (Colin Maitland, betsuin, justme, Mad Elf #1.5, Jet entrance, 2 invisible), 64 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
aurbina1, Justin Case
Forum Stats
29389 Members
32 Forums
23701 Topics
1466007 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image