Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
SE QLD / NE NSW
Was impressed by how defined the change was coming through the SS coast late yesterday with a band of low level cloud, and sudden winds sending the children chasing the leaves down the street. This morning seemed almost a little chilly when I went f
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by DerekHV @ 15/01/2018 07:52

Long range forecast, heat is peaking here next Saturday at 44C, Friday in western Sydney. (although both days will be very hot) Looks like a 4 day heatwave. This could be extended as well. Today pleasantly cool to mild this morning, and not too hot f
General Weather
Lucky we had 1 above average month in October, 3 months of well below average rainfall now here. This La Nina is incredible!!!!! Just drove Townsville to Emerald and its bone dry the whole way.
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Jump to new posts Re: QLD Tropical Cyclone Season 2017/2018 by Dawgggg @ 15/01/2018 07:31

Anything in the CS will go SE and anything in the Gulf will go west. Will have to wait till Febuary now for a chance of rain.
Jump to new posts Re: QLD Tropical Cyclone Season 2017/2018 by Mad Elf #1.5 @ 14/01/2018 23:43

Looks like the wheels are finally turning.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Good question, I'm not sure. At a guess, I would've thought large hail is reasonably uncommon on Lord Howe (compared to mainland eastern and southeastern Australia) being so maritime there. One of the things I do love about the island though is that
SE QLD / NE NSW
The evening / late night storms yesterday on the MNC got almost as far north as Port Macquarie. A few showers did form northward of there but none of them produced any lightning/thunder. After last night's gentle southerly change, the southerly surg
Jump to new posts Re: QLD Tropical Cyclone Season 2017/2018 by rainthisway @ 14/01/2018 23:02

Interesting run the latest gfs. Has our low forming in the CS and another forming in the GoC....
Jump to new posts Re: QLD Tropical Cyclone Season 2017/2018 by Mick10 @ 14/01/2018 22:31

We get a cyclone with flooding then they will whinge there is too much fresh water going onto the reef. There is always something.
Jump to new posts Re: QLD Tropical Cyclone Season 2017/2018 by Dawgggg @ 14/01/2018 22:21

Stuff the reef. Its natural. If it cooks it cooks, we need rain.
Jump to new posts Re: QLD Tropical Cyclone Season 2017/2018 by Brett Guy @ 14/01/2018 22:10

Originally Posted By: drivenunderI don't want it. If it does form and stay out in the CS - it will take all the rain with it. Hope it does not form... But then if we have no lows and cyclones and just hot clear weather then the reef will get cooke
Jump to new posts Re: QLD Tropical Cyclone Season 2017/2018 by drivenunder @ 14/01/2018 21:57

I don't want it. If it does form and stay out in the CS - it will take all the rain with it. Hope it does not form...
SE QLD / NE NSW
Wonderful 22C, hooray!
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Rob G @ 14/01/2018 21:37

Originally Posted By: Steve777The BOM are still sticking to their forecast max of 23/29 (OH/Penrith). That might be a 'courageous' forecast. OH reached 24.5; Penrith reached 27.4 - ended up pretty close to the estimate. Reached 14.7 here after an
SE QLD / NE NSW
Yes Elf we should all get a good night sleep at last! Thanks for that information regarding capping Ken.I think that's what happened down this way yesterday arvo, the storm here seemed very high based so presumeably it was actually, as you say, above
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by duckweather @ 14/01/2018 21:19

Hi tsunami and all. I had a feeling we would see a possible run of large quakes, with the M7.6 near Honduras being the indicator of this potential. The latest large quake has just occurred off the west coast of Peru and other M7+. This, according to
Tropical and Central Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Wet Season - January 2018 by bundybear @ 14/01/2018 20:59

Phew. Missed those ones. Hopefully the same doesn't happen as last time. It had just missed us then slam. Still haven't got everything replaced that blew up then. They didn't do anything towards the dogs stupidity either except make it worse.
Jump to new posts Re: QLD Tropical Cyclone Season 2017/2018 by Mad Elf #1.5 @ 14/01/2018 20:28

Rainthisway, mate, hope it works out for you. Hope it crosses around Cairns & hugs the line
Also I remember seeing some say that the guys on central coast and wide bay seem to think they have water problems....its true. They honestly do I think.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Petar @ Sdny @ 14/01/2018 20:19

Ripper of a day. Ah bliss.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Lovely near calm evening now, damn wind kept knocking plants over. 30.1C after max of 36C
Originally Posted By: Simmo FNQI hope so hickory though Jan is spose to be our second wettest month of the year here. Only 15mm behind Feb. Weird. I would have thought the monthly order for Mareeba would be the same as Cns Aero, just lots less of it
Jump to new posts Re: QLD Tropical Cyclone Season 2017/2018 by rainthisway @ 14/01/2018 19:17

We need it up here more then you guys down there. You guys dont have as much shortage of water. Its always flooding down there.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Our cats a freaking out due to wind. They went through cyclone yasi and are not fond of high winds since On real windy days they hide so i will put this down as a high wind day
Victoria
I left for twofold bay at 5am sat morning, but I did empty out 12mm at about 8pm Friday Night so anything we had after that is a massive Bonus. A permanent resident that lives up here in the Big 4 caravan park Has a rain Guage in the front garden
Page 28 of 32 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 >
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 268 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
C74's Wife (aka Cher), Hakatere, krammy
Forum Stats
29471 Members
32 Forums
23796 Topics
1476636 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image