Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
SE QLD / NE NSW
Forecast was bang on , May have jagged another one ken. Gusts here are lively , must be up near 60k/hr. Certainly not a moist southerly though.
Victoria
Yep. The end of the week looks interesting in terms of the chance of humid air over Vic. Here's GFS's (out there) guess:
Tropical and Central Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Wet Season - January 2018 by mysteriousbrad @ 14/01/2018 18:53

These storms are very high base.. rocky gonna miss out
Severe Thunderstorm Warning for DAMAGING WINDS For people in Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders and parts of Gulf Country, North West, Central Highlands and Coalfields, Central West and Capricornia Forecast Districts. Issued at 4:59 pm Sunday, 1
Victoria
Originally Posted By: ThunderBobAnother 15mm in the gauge to 0900 - making 37.5mm for the event - quite something for January. You win, another 4.75mm in my gauge from last evening rain band. Takes us to 32.75mm for this event. For January, this
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Jump to new posts Re: QLD Tropical Cyclone Season 2017/2018 by Mad Elf #1.5 @ 14/01/2018 18:34

Something to watch at last. Coast hugger all the way down to here please & then hang around just west of Fraser for a few days!
SE QLD / NE NSW
Thanks Plumbob. It has finally dropped to 35.6. Thank goodness tomorrow the forecast is for cooler weather.
Victoria
Yeah looks like summer is about to return with a vengeance across Victoria this coming week. Just one more cold front to come tomorrow, which will temporarily re-enforce the polar air behind what's already been the first potentially major winter stor
SE QLD / NE NSW
25 now. Thats a 12c drop Loving it
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Observations of climate variation by Petros @ 14/01/2018 17:55

Anyhow, chewing through the data, formulating positions/prejudices et. al is surely better for us here than putting our attention into punting on the horses
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: WhisperI don't understand what is going on with the temperatures. Just before 3pm it was 36.7C. Since then it has gone 36.5, 36.4, 36.6, 36.4 and now its is 36.5. Hi Whisper: your talking discrepancies of 'tenths' of a degre
SE QLD / NE NSW
I don't understand what is going on with the temperatures. Just before 3pm it was 36.7C. Since then it has gone 36.5, 36.4, 36.6, 36.4 and now its is 36.5.
Victoria
Thanks Petros! It took a lot of time to write up those reports, and they'll be important for future reference. Continuing on from my last post yesterday... The rainband and showers cleared off around 5pm (with 4.2mm in my gauge), but I didn't real
So whats peoples thoughts on tuesday set up.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Still 36.4 in Gympie and blue skies
Jump to new posts Re: QLD Tropical Cyclone Season 2017/2018 by rainthisway @ 14/01/2018 17:30

Lol i have said it before but that latest run is like the original Yasi setup....gfs had it going to seqld....we all k ow that changed. Ut who k ows it might hit seqld. At that strengrh I hope not. Brisbane would be wrecked.
SE QLD / NE NSW
27 now. Thats a 10c drop Loving it
SE QLD / NE NSW
I'm guessing it's just hit Salisbury now, as the wind that is blowing has just gone from a hot breeze to being much cooler.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Blowing a gale on the Gold Coast now.
Jump to new posts Re: QLD Tropical Cyclone Season 2017/2018 by bundybear @ 14/01/2018 16:55

Oh no. I am going to die. A cyclone. I wonder if I can buy a tanker of milk? Better buy an extra freezer for bread. Ok. Silliness over. I wish everyone up north a nice mild cyclone that will then be directed by the weather gods to head outbac
Jump to new posts Re: QLD Tropical Cyclone Season 2017/2018 by Wrasse42 @ 14/01/2018 16:45

They will change with every run until a week out, one thing for sure is that it definitely looks like some CS action is finally on the cards, conditions are favourable with SST’s primed in the coral sea basin. Something to keep an eye on anyway. I do
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by EddyG @ 14/01/2018 16:45

Pig of a day alright!! Maxed out at 22.4c that temp should have been the overnight min!!
Fairly disgusting here today, little cells popping up around us. I had a really cold Christmas in the northern hemisphere, got down to -27deg c, so this has been a bit of a welcome back to summer for us. Only recorded 25mm of rain while we were gon
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Observations of climate variation by Seira @ 14/01/2018 16:37

Originally Posted By: KinoOriginally Posted By: SeiraOriginally Posted By: Petros...or our perceptions of what we expected for localized weather, under the current climatic conditions, is wrong. Yes...I'd even go so far as to say our understanding i
SE QLD / NE NSW
Gone from 37 to 30 and dropping fewwwww
Page 29 of 32 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 >
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 268 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
C74's Wife (aka Cher), Hakatere, krammy
Forum Stats
29471 Members
32 Forums
23796 Topics
1476636 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image