Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tropical and Central Australia
Originally Posted By: RonfishesLets see how many of you lot are piping "ooh its nice and oppressive" come December 3.4mm Spent 50 years without air-con...this might be the year that changes...at least for sleeping at night..I'm getting soft in my
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by DerekHV @ Yesterday at 10:22

Spoke to soon about a fine, mild day after the fog it seems. Very slow to warm up, still only 11.7C, and overcast. Will see if it changes by the arvo.
Originally Posted By: slipperyfish68mm over the last 24hrs between 6am and 6am. Extremely heavy this morning around 5am. I looked at the radar and there was a small dot of light blue over Dunk. Raining like it should at least be yellow. Check the To
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Wave Rider @ Yesterday at 09:47

NWer building here this morning which will most likely turn into another strong sea breeze this arvo. Been quite cool in the mornings though, another 4 degree min at Albion Patk this morning.
Originally Posted By: RonfishesLets see how many of you lot are piping "ooh its nice and oppressive" come December
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by retired weather man @ Yesterday at 08:13

Wynnum Nth 24 hour rain 2.4mm.
68mm over the last 24hrs between 6am and 6am. Extremely heavy this morning around 5am. I looked at the radar and there was a small dot of light blue over Dunk. Raining like it should at least be yellow. Check the Townsville 256km and the dot is bigg
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by DerekHV @ Yesterday at 07:28

Thick fog this morning, has stopped the minimum dropping further from 7C at 3am, and has stayed at 8C for a few hours now. Normally this fog leads to a fine and sunny mild day, so here's hoping.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Blowin' @ Yesterday at 06:55

Haha, yes snow is awesome and that’s an entirely different story to cold,wet and windy. You’ve voted with your feet though Ken! I Worked a winter doing outdoor work in the mud in sw west oz about 15 years ago. We had about 4 layers under gum boots
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Ken Kato @ Yesterday at 05:34

Originally Posted By: Blowin'Brrr straight to Fraser Thursday . Looks like a classic winter weekend next week. Consensus this way is heading towards a blow with the change Thursday arvo followed by clear skies, light winds and cool nights with A1 day
World
Jump to new posts Re: 2018 U.S Severe Weather Season by Orebound @ Yesterday at 01:15

That would have been a reasonable target mate, a very nicely structured cell went up right over Sayre in the late afternoon but didn't sustain long after dark with increasing CIN putting it to bed quickly. We met up with Willoughby and Brayden and t
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Blowin' @ Yesterday at 00:04

Censored = $h!tty
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Blowin' @ Yesterday at 00:02

Brrr straight to Fraser Thursday . Looks like a classic winter weekend next week. Consensus this way is heading towards a blow with the change Thursday arvo followed by clear skies, light winds and cool nights with A1 days. Great camping weather! &#
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by duckweather @ 26/05/2018 22:37

Hi folks. In my very amateur opinion or suspicion, I feel that the Kilauea volcano may be experiencing activity localizing [generally speaking] or renewed activity again. Could this be possible magma intrusion again? Before all of the calamity with
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Seabreeze @ 26/05/2018 22:33

Onshore showers brought 7.0mm in the 24hrs to 9am this morning, and 3.6mm in the 24hr to 9am period before it. It ended a 15-day dry spell (May 9th to 23rd, inclusive). It's been a very dry May to date. Although it hasn't dried off too much here yet
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ 26/05/2018 21:43

Now that the sea breeze has died off, the smoke is back. I had a look at the RFS website. The smoke is from hazard reduction burns in Sydney's North: Fires near me The forecast says 'Areas of smoke haze'. I think we also need a warning for reall
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Long Road Home @ 26/05/2018 21:24

Is this backburning or a bushfire? You could see a well defined plume being blown south, luckily we don't have a westerly otherwise we'd be enguled here on the coast but I feel for those in the thick of it.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Wave Rider @ 26/05/2018 21:01

Just like summer where it is warm inland and not that warm (relative to elevation) on the coast with a NEly sea gale reaching 20 knots this afternoon at Bellambi and temp hovering around 18°C while the Southern Highlands was also around that temp. Wo
Agricultural
Jump to new posts Re: Chewing Straw - Over the back fence. by Seira @ 26/05/2018 20:24

Originally Posted By: SeiraHopefully some parts of SW WA will get sufficient rain within the next week or two for farming needs/planning. Ok, so falls to 50-150 mm in the SW WA region to 9 am, 24th-26th , thus far! A secondary Deep-SW upper-trough
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ 26/05/2018 19:07

Here's Sydney Harbour this afternoon, from this Webcam: Potts Point Cam Lots of smoke. The models all now show a cold front overnight 30-31st, a low forming in the Southern Tasman and then doing an odd orbit around the Central Tasman for a fe
Victoria
Yep, early season snow looks possible later next week!
General Weather
....that EGU paper's conclusion is based on an assertion that AGW is real/happening/will continue to happen??? - or did I read it wrong.
Victoria
More on the "late" ECL from GFS: Whatever transpires, ....its going to be cold later next week in Gippsland Vic.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by DerekHV @ 26/05/2018 18:19

5-21C today, did not quite make the forecast max, but felt warmer than yesterday that was cool and cloudy for the most part, despite the same recorded maximum. Going for 22C again tomorrow, hopefully this time it makes it.
Victoria
Reports of late and very light frost about the area this morning baro on 1025 hPa. Nice fine day, calm 18C good for golf on dry old Royal Maffra. [edit] - might be our first full blown frost for the lower areas of Gippsland tomorrow, certainly got t
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 >
Who's Online
4 registered (HillsStorm, davida, mammatus meestrus, Homer), 303 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
!SCHUMMY!, light my fire, Pokey, Twizler, weather_obsessed
Forum Stats
29566 Members
32 Forums
23903 Topics
1491331 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image