Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Weather
Originally Posted By: FireduckI believe he is referring to the left hand side saying 1997 Ahhhhhhhh lol my bad. It’s actually cropped out on my device. 🙄🙄🙄😂😂 Wondered why it was massively diverse.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Jimi @ Yesterday at 14:34

The diurnal range today is more than 25C for Camden. How often would that occur in the Sydney basin? I see it occasionally in places like Goulburn and the NTs (Glen Innes, etc) but hardly ever in Sydney.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Longest time without rain by Rigger @ Yesterday at 14:27

Last year ( 2017 ) Darwin recorded 5 full calendar months without rain May-September. And as if it was following the script, the first rain for the 'Wet' fell on the 1st Oct. Whilst Darwin has the seasonal 'drought', and sometimes we go 2 or 3 month
General Weather
I believe he is referring to the left hand side saying 1997
General Weather
Originally Posted By: PetrosThat chart might not be for the date you intended Kino? Says 11 July 2018?
General Weather
That chart might not be for the date you intended Kino?
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Mike HauberA bit of a period of enhanced trades has developed. Forecast suggest another significant WWB is starting about now, so wait and see how far it develops. A significant WWB now would mean the recent enhanced trade win
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by retired weather man @ Yesterday at 12:22

Originally Posted By: ozone dougHi all . Got down to -2.4 in Roma this morning .And -1.8 at my place. Thinking of putting a fan in my Standard size Stevenson screen as my temps are still a little high not sure why .I have holes in bottom and under t
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Showers 17~20 July 2018 by StormCapture @ Yesterday at 12:15

Secondary line packed a punch, 102km/h under it, bit of hail as well. Up to 3mm now Mount Crawford up to 117km/h under the same line.
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Showers 17~20 July 2018 by Ryan Hothersall @ Yesterday at 12:07

More wind than rain here in Gulfview Heights. 1.4 mm rain and a gust of 48 km/h earlier this morning.
Southern Western Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Perth and WA day to day weather by desieboy @ Yesterday at 11:43

Still got rain falling even if it is only light.
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Showers 17~20 July 2018 by *jr* @ Yesterday at 11:26

swell on the up http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDS65030.shtml
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Showers 17~20 July 2018 by StormCapture @ Yesterday at 11:08

Yer more wind than rain for this one unfortunately, Thursday's one the better for rainfall. Decent westerly belt for this one that'll go for the next few hours before dying down. 0.4mm from the front at home and not much in the way of wind, southe
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come by Petros @ Yesterday at 10:25

12 hours later, CMC now agreeing with the above GFS chart:
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Showers 17~20 July 2018 by *jr* @ Yesterday at 10:07

Originally Posted By: *jr*133 KMH gust @ Neptune Island 07:18am! (might be a record for that location) 139 the record..
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Ken Kato @ Yesterday at 09:42

Had a good frost here again this morning - photos below. Today also marks the 3 year anniversary of the deepest snow accumulations on the SE QLD highlands since 1984. Some nostalgic footage below:
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Showers 17~20 July 2018 by *jr* @ Yesterday at 08:58

133 KMH gust @ Neptune Island 07:18am! (might be a record for that location)
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by ozthunder @ Yesterday at 08:49

Originally Posted By: EigerwandOZthunder mentioned a föhn effect as to the cause of warming the Illawarra this moring, nope. It is simply the mixing of air. Think about how far offshore you would have to go before the temp rose back to around 10C, no
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by ozone doug @ Yesterday at 08:46

Hi all . Got down to -2.4 in Roma this morning .And -1.8 at my place. Thinking of putting a fan in my Standard size Stevenson screen as my temps are still a little high not sure why .I have holes in bottom and under the false top .I see a lot of peo
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by DerekHV @ Yesterday at 07:43

Very strange night, minimum reached at 0130 at 3.8C, with 7.1C at 0120 and 6.7C at 0150, so a very brief spike downwards. So the forecast minimum of 3C was close to correct, but in a very strange fashion. Morning now nowhere near as cold as yesterday
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by retired weather man @ Yesterday at 07:39

WYNNUM NORTH ( 1KM FROM MORETON BAY, BRISBANE, QLD ) - DAILY WEATHER DATE...... 17 JUL 2018 TIME...... 0740 CURRENT TEMPERATURE.......9.6C CURRENT HUMIDITY..........50% CURRENT DEW POINT......... minus 1C CURRENT WIND DIR/SPEED....WSW 7kph CURRE
General Weather
A bit of a period of enhanced trades has developed. Forecast suggest another significant WWB is starting about now, so wait and see how far it develops. A significant WWB now would mean the recent enhanced trade winds would achieve little, but if i
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Blair Trewin @ Yesterday at 06:34

As Eigerwand points out, true fohn winds aren't that common in Australia because it requires the air reaching the mountains to be moist. In addition to the examples mentioned, I'd add the central and east Gippsland coast, especially in moist northwes
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Longest time without rain by Blair Trewin @ Yesterday at 06:21

It was a bit of a standing joke between myself and a (now-retired) journalist I dealt with regularly - she'd say her editor had asked her to find a three-year-old who'd never seen rain. I've occasionally said something to my colleagues to the effect
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Showers 17~20 July 2018 by saltspray @ Yesterday at 04:35

Severe weather warning out. Metro Area included. Weather Situation: Strong to gale force northwesterly winds develop over parts of South Australia overnight, ahead of a cold front which moves rapidly across the State on Tuesday. The front is expecte
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >
Who's Online
7 registered (scott12, Kino, Snowy Hibbo, Matt Pearce, Aussea, ashestoashes, DerekHV), 338 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
-Deano-, volkl, Volkl_1
Forum Stats
29610 Members
32 Forums
23932 Topics
1494357 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image