Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
About half an hour ago, what a beautiful cyclone!!!
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by Raindammit @ 24 minutes 20 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JezzaUsing the Bowen Radar she is still holding the same positional height above the east west axis, if anything at all, has moved slightly north. What are the chances of Debbie running along the coast and crossing between Towns
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by rainthisway @ 24 minutes 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JezzaUsing the Bowen Radar she is still holding the same positional height above the east west axis, if anything at all, has moved slightly north. What are the chances of Debbie running along the coast and crossing between Towns
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by StormCapture @ 24 minutes 38 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ol mateOriginally Posted By: BThomas31.3mm of rain at Hardy Reef in 10mins!! Thats hard to even comprehend!! http://ozforecast.com.au/cgi-bin/weatherstation.cgi?station=11331 What's the weather station setup at hardy reef? I
Tropical and Central Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Central Coast & Whitsundays Wet Season - March 2017 by Rainrunner @ 26 minutes 5 seconds ago

Looks like the Prossy Mill AWS's wind anemometer broke this morning - can't believe it!
Using the Bowen Radar she is still holding the same positional height above the east west axis, if anything at all, has moved slightly north. What are the chances of Debbie running along the coast and crossing between Townsville and Ingham?
Jump to new posts Re: Central Coast & Whitsundays Wet Season - March 2017 by Dan101 @ 26 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: RainrunnerMackay Port has lost power ...and Mackay's not quite in the gale radius yet according to the 10pm BoM track map...
Originally Posted By: BThomas31.3mm of rain at Hardy Reef in 10mins!! Thats hard to even comprehend!! http://ozforecast.com.au/cgi-bin/weatherstation.cgi?station=11331 What's the weather station setup at hardy reef? I wonder if seaspray is impact
Notice the error margin has moved north of Ayr on the forcast track
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by Snapper22lb @ 27 minutes 45 seconds ago

Max wind upgraded to 250kph on last track map. Imagine placing your house on the back of truck and cruising down the highway at 250k.
Megga- you were right- westerly directon. But for how long?
31.3mm of rain at Hardy Reef in 10mins!! Thats hard to even comprehend!! http://ozforecast.com.au/cgi-bin/weatherstation.cgi?station=11331
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by rainthisway @ 31 minutes 13 seconds ago

well if she carries on going west...she may hit Ayr after all....this chick is highly unpredictable....Reminds me of a lyric in a pink song..."Wind me up watch me go, Where she stops knowbody knows"
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by Raindammit @ 32 minutes 31 seconds ago

Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by StormCapture @ 32 minutes 35 seconds ago

Hamilton Island at 128, Mackay 91km/h
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Wave Rider @ 33 minutes 25 seconds ago

Yeah I'm keen to see off the humidity, it will cool the nights off a bit. April and May can be the best time of year, but more often that not I find the weather to be undesirable, mainly in April.
This cyclone is putting us on a rollercoaster ride. It is incredible.
Prepare yourselves to be bombarded with images... I can't help but notice that GFS has been pretty good with this one over the last few days, whereas EC has been off the mark completely with track, timing and intensity. That being said, looking at
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by Snapper22lb @ 35 minutes 9 seconds ago

Thanks Raindamit. So just going by the track map and overlaying the red "very destructive winds" circle over the predicted path we could see Hamilton Island, Airlie Beach/ Canonvale, Proserpine and Bowen all experience winds in excess of 230km on pre
Jump to new posts Re: Central Coast & Whitsundays Wet Season - March 2017 by Rainrunner @ 35 minutes 26 seconds ago

Mackay Port has lost power
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by Cyclone_Tim_ @ 35 minutes 50 seconds ago

I reckon a direct Bowen south to bloomsbury
From now on in where Debbie hits just pray there is no loss of life
Originally Posted By: LaniDoes anyone know the lowest spot a Cat 5 has hit the qld coast? Just curious, cheers. Stay safe everyone affected. this page should tell you...goes way back to early 1900's.. was it marcia near rockhampton? http://www.austr
Using http://www.theweatherchaser.com/radar-loop/IDR241-bowen/2017-03-26-12/2017-03-27-12 and holding left click and dragging through the last few hours, it looks like it's moved dead west recently...maybe only a very slight touch S.
Still moving west, I still think it will hit Ayr
Page 3 of 157 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 156 157 >
Who's Online
127 registered (breezy04, FujiWha, Squid, Smallfry, Briscell, mick87, Ollieo, Macktown, Blinky_Bill, Tales, Grazina Ajana, mysteriousbrad, camtsv, Cyclone_Tim_, Popeye, Moldy, Perfect Storm, phreeky, Lowndsey, rainthisway, weather junky, Majors Daughter, Un_stable, BThomas, Rain Whisperer, Whisper, rolive, Adele, woodhouse, nicabocca, Swigman, CraigA74, rainbeam, Ellywin, Alex144, nocturnal1, No-Logic, Hagrid, Jezza, Tempest, marakai, shell, explorer, TrentG, Rainheart, Turbo Taxi, Tan, aloahjay, Ms.Weatherfreak, Pappa D, Unmanned, Homer, Weather_Viewer, poona, bec131, wxra, StormCapture, Kat_, Miss T, ThunderBob, SnowedIn, bber36, R.Dangerfield, Aussea, exodus, OverDrive, NQ_Dee, Max744, sharjay, Sidney, gwebb, Drought declared, Anon5, Keethy, pkgjmg, Markus, ol mate, FNQ, ayrfam, Steve O, Ahab, KBO, AKM80, Chookie, cold@28, goninja88, Steve777, ScubaSteve, BigBen, Dan101, Chris Stumer, redbucket, Allik, BlueStorm, Tropical Desert, Buzz Buzz, Snapper22lb, Rainbose, swamp-lady, eRes, terawatt, Kezza34, Thunderstruck, Maclaw, sunworshipper, Pooley72, Steven78, Sunny Showers, snoopydoo, sangas, Mother Nature, James Chambers, Jesse24, scorpion70, S.Novaehollandia, eauetsoleil, Lani, Oriolus, Teunvm, Dingbat, show_me_weather, 6 invisible), 935 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Jamar, jimi747, Zephyr
Forum Stats
29193 Members
32 Forums
23562 Topics
1445376 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image