Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Weather
Looking well established now.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Colin Maitland @ Today at 10:33

I was looking at that a bit earlier Ken, For Monday, 22 Oct. the 500mb is -19įC and 300mb -42įC. The layered shear all the way up to 300mb is interesting but not very strong over the Gold Coast to Sunshine areas including Brisbane and surrounds. I wa
General Weather
I prefer to listen to the real experts rather than those self proclaimed ones who's outlook seem to be driven more by ego than any real knowledge and experience....and of course knowing that for whatever happens in the future all we have now is still
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by Kino @ Today at 10:24

Duck, seems the earth has been pretty quiet for a long time re: mega quakes (Mexico aside); what're your thoughts re: the next big one & tsunamis? I've had a recurrent dream of the east coast of Aus copping a decent tsunamis.
Tropical and Central Australia
Another 33.4mm here
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Ken Kato @ Today at 10:01

Overnight tonight, I'm thinking a few places in our region could get some showers or even the LOW risk of a bit of thunder as the upper low starts entering the region and the midlevels get cooler. From tomorrow morning, showers and some thunderstorm
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Mike Hauber Compared to the current situation the 2009 subsurface is similar, the surface cooling more extensive and further west. There was a much larger warm pool in the west to fuel a warm Kelvin wave, however the westerly
General Weather
I donít understand how one claims to be scientific yet posts examples hat have no direct correlation - itís not March for one; the influence of the northern hemisphere is waning quicker than the over-reach. Didnít someone also say Typhoons led to w
Victoria
Appreciate your comments AV, thanks GFS showing good rainfall totals over the next fortnight, appears lot of weather from S round to the W, less N/W than we've had up to now. http://www.weatherzone.com.au/agriculture/?lt=wzstate&lc=vic&c=14day&rc
General Weather
Originally Posted By: LockeStill looking like La Nina to me. If the last set of westerlies had anything other than a superficial impact I'm struggling to see it. Seven day temperature change: Pretty much the entire cool tongue region has cooled.
27.6mm here bringing me to 94.4mm so far. Might crack 100mm if we can get a little more rain today. Going from 4-6 month record dry periods for a lot of the east coast to record October rains.
General Weather
Originally Posted By: LockeWas just checking out the latest GFS extended. Whilst there is a solid WWB at about 150-160 hrs in its West of the Nino 4 region. Across the central Pacific I see solid trades for almost the entire forecast period. This h
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Mike Hauber The WWBs and typhoons I am talking about occurred in May-August. Can you please link me to the post where you stated this? Not that it is relevant as the 97 Nino was well and truly entrenched by August but I wo
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come by Anthony Violi @ Today at 08:52

I think this one will favour you Petros, any moisture available will be wrapped into he low by the time it gets here and be in the SE quadrant, and that will be enough to drag further moisture in from the Tasman.
23mm for me down here in South Mission. Rained all night and is still drizzling. Reasonable falls in and around Innisfail it seems. Anyway have a great day everyone😀
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by wilyms @ Today at 08:49

FOG in Roma this morning.....and a brisk 12 degrees overnight
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Mike Hauber The WWBs and typhoons I am talking about occurred in May-August. Semantics Mike. https://www.longpaddock.qld.gov.au/seasonalclimateoutlook/seasurfacetemperature/1997/May.pdf https://www.longpaddock.qld.gov.a
General Weather
Was just checking out the latest GFS extended. Whilst there is a solid WWB at about 150-160 hrs in its West of the Nino 4 region. Across the central Pacific I see solid trades for almost the entire forecast period. This has changed somewhat since a
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ Today at 08:28

Originally Posted By: Wave RiderIt's amazing how much everything has started greening up down here. Very noticeable when I got home this afternoon so it really doesn't take much rain to get things back on track. Defs looks greener - however have yo
General Weather
Perhaps follow your own advice: Originally Posted By: Mike Yes if you look at the picture over 4 weeks the warming over the last week becomes hard to see so you can pretend it doesn't exist. Iíve looked throughout 1997 and cannot see what youíre
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by retired weather man @ Today at 08:25

Wynnum Nth 24 hour rain 10.4mm. Min temp here Sunday morning 12.5C.
General Weather
Originally Posted By: ColdFront Making comparisons to 1997 is quite frankly misleading and plain ridiculous when discussing WWB's around typhoons. In 1997 we were heading for what would become the strongest recorded ElNino on record (at the time) a
7mm in gauge this morning 🙂
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by NotsohopefulPete @ Today at 07:26

Looks like a chance of storms Monday and Thursday according to the QLD's Bureau's extended outlook. You know I do love storms but I like the widespread type that merges to become rain areas and I know that is not everybody's cup of tea. Have a great
My hopes for wall to wall blue sky days 'til mid Nov might be wishful thinking. Still, the balance between wet & dry hasn't been too bad this year.
Page 3 of 46 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 45 46 >
Who's Online
14 registered (Green Fields, samboz, aussiestormfreak, Steve777, Pete R, Homer, Stormy3, wet sky, Perfect Storm, J D, Dan101, 3 invisible), 292 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Evil Kitty, Jake, ka0tik_pengwin, Nullamanna WX, shaunandwendy, stormygirl
Forum Stats
29389 Members
32 Forums
23700 Topics
1465761 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image