Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Victoria
Reached a top of 17.9°C here in Belgrave today. Very little if any sun, but less gloomy than the previous days, and hardly any wind too. Still it was dank and depressing. A few light showers passed through around dinnertime, but no measurable rainf
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by MOUNTAIN h2o @ 28/04/2017 22:13

Well happy Friday all, Yet another warm April 19 c day here in Hobart and at 10:00 pm tonight still sitting near 17 c. So the Highs just keep rolling through and any hint of a cooling Autumn or sniff of Winter approaching still seems a long way off.
Tropical and Central Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Dry Season - 2017 by bundybear @ 28/04/2017 20:46

I am loving the chillier weather. The dogs aren't so glad to see it though.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Australian Politics by bundybear @ 28/04/2017 20:45

Originally Posted By: MarkusWow, less than a few weeks and the invasive metadata retention nonsense already being abused without consequence... https://www.theguardian.com/australia-ne...ant?CMP=soc_567 Which is why I hop around the globe.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Wave Rider @ 28/04/2017 20:36

Mt Ginini is below -10C dew point with 7C so it is obviously above the subsidence inversion as well as TTS.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Australian Politics by Markus @ 28/04/2017 20:29

Wow, less than a few weeks and the invasive metadata retention nonsense already being abused without consequence... https://www.theguardian.com/australia-ne...ant?CMP=soc_567
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Wave Rider @ 28/04/2017 20:22

Originally Posted By: Knot p.s Haven't seen Homes stick his head in the door for a bit. Hope all ok I saw Homer online earlier so I'm sure everything is okay but maybe not. It's a chilly one tonight, already down to 10C but yet 7C at Thredbo Top S
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Knot @ 28/04/2017 19:44

Getting a tad nippy @Grant. See you Greta based. I lived there in 1977. Attended the Telecom training centre there for around 5 months. It was my first winter away from the coast and the frosty mornings were a bit of a shock. A nice period in my life
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Monday night giggle - joke thread... by samboz @ 28/04/2017 19:34

An oldie but a goodie - A Frenchman, an Italian and an Australian are discussing their love-making techniques. The Frenchman says: After I make love to my wife, I put flower petals on her body and she rises a foot off the bed. The Italian man says
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Monday night giggle - joke thread... by samboz @ 28/04/2017 19:32

Love 'em JPalbo A man and his wife were sitting in the living room discussing a“Living Will” "Just so you know, I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle. If that ever happens, just pull the pl
Victoria
8.4 - 21.1C here today, sunny periods, but persistent SW'ly kept things cool. Baro settled on 1020 hPa.
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Cat 3 already shes come out to play..
TC Frances in 48 hours is going to encounter lots dry air which will wrap into LLCC and then get hit by strong vertical wind shear as well. Its like being shot a few times in the head then burnt at the stake just to make sure your dead.. But that
Ok. All good then. Thank you.
The ridge to the south will keep pushing it out into the Indian Ocean and oblivion.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Donzah @ 28/04/2017 15:54

Originally Posted By: ozthunderAccess trying hard to bomb a small ECL next week. At this stage I am filing that one under "Unlikely" Hope I am wrong. AXS ain't the ECL model ..... if GFS doesn't have one, its not worth considering LOL. I'm just ho
Any idea where he will go? Currently at Coral Bay, then exmouth returning to Hedland Wednesday.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by ozthunder @ 28/04/2017 15:33

Access trying hard to bomb a small ECL next week. At this stage I am filing that one under "Unlikely" Hope I am wrong.
Certainly looking a bit asymmetrical but starting to intensify nicely as the day wears on. Probably coming into the most favorable environment within the next 24hours . She may get working on getting her on mind going soon hopefully.
General Weather
Originally Posted By: FunkyseefunkydoI fail to see any westerly wind burst There will be, I've marked it with the red arrow. Blue arrow represents solid trades persisting across the CPAC though.
General Weather
I read an article that Rossby waves generated following a strong El Nino lead to Kelvin waves with a reverse sign. I'm having a little difficulty grasping the mechanics and was wanting to check my understanding. Do Rossby waves propagate East to We
NSW / ACT
In the cool zone here. Wont reach 19. Amazes me how parts of Sydney get warmer than some places a few kms up or down the road in a set up like this. I dont suppose massive urban development has anything to do with it. nudge nudge
It's really starting to wind up out there now. I wonder if Frances can get one of those nice little pinhole eyes during its life. The next 12 hours will be wild to watch. Cmon Frances go hard!!!
Bean working on that spelling for ages Zobubble.
NSW / ACT
Sydney's April has been in two parts, cool with a continuation of the wet pattern of March, then someone turned off the big tap in the sky. So there was rain on 7 of the first 13 days, totalling 80mm, then just 2mm on 3 of the 15 days since then, wit
Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21 22 >
Who's Online
3 registered (Kangaroo, RC, 1 invisible), 270 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Asti, carlaell, gerryr1, mcjody, rjdsunsets
Forum Stats
29239 Members
32 Forums
23596 Topics
1450112 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image