Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Weather
Looking at Europe and Asia, both look very warm (particularly Asia) in comparison to the upcoming cold-snap across the US.
Victoria
38.7 was the max today after a calm night allowed a low of 12.9. Currently 27.7 DP 10.4. City was like a swamp today with DP around 21 with little wind
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Will we see 50 degrees celsius again in Australia by Thunderstruck @ Yesterday at 20:02

Originally Posted By: Blair TrewinThere were manual sites in Port Augusta before 2000, but in less favourable places to get really high temperatures. (Whyalla had a 49.4 in 1960). Tarcoola looks to have topped out at 49.0, a new record for that sit
General Weather
Another 49 point something. Starting to get pretty boring now. What does it blardy well take indeed!
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by Winter_lover @ Yesterday at 19:45

Getting headaches from the constant sunshine in balmy Hobart! My family think i'm unusual for not being happy about the sunny days. Could do with some rain as everything is yellow and brown.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - Major Heatwave likely 10/01/19 - 20/01/19 by logansi @ Yesterday at 19:18

Originally Posted By: PetrosOriginally Posted By: logansiWe hard a nice sea breeze come in about 430 dropping it to 25 but back up to 31 now with practically no wind. ....jeez - hope we dont get a "temperature bounce back here" ....else Petros wi
NSW / ACT
A friend of mine some years ago advertised a bike ride in a small cycling magazine, the ride was from Sydney to the Hunter. He thought he was being funny when he said the first day was a real go for Broke ride. No one came as they all thought the rid
NSW / ACT
The storm is still going. It now has a black core. It is heading slowly NNE through the Hunter West of Broke (great name for a town).
Victoria
Originally Posted By: logansiWe hard a nice sea breeze come in about 430 dropping it to 25 but back up to 31 now with practically no wind. ....jeez - hope we dont get a "temperature bounce back here" ....else Petros will be nudged awake at the fo
NSW / ACT
That storm cell was visible from down here (Green Valley) it looked amazing.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - Major Heatwave likely 10/01/19 - 20/01/19 by logansi @ Yesterday at 18:30

We hard a nice sea breeze come in about 430 dropping it to 25 but back up to 31 now with practically no wind.
General Weather
Thanks for that Vorts.
Victoria
Similar here to Samboz, 41C that backed down to 32C by 5pm by grace of the seabreeze. ....but its now stopped, so no chance to "purge the house"
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - Major Heatwave likely 10/01/19 - 20/01/19 by doogasnow @ Yesterday at 17:46

We hit 38c up here today. Still saying 5-10mm for my area on Friday??
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: 2018/19 Fire Season Update and Discussion by chasers addict @ Yesterday at 17:24

Lucky no Gusty winds up here just clam and Hot.
NSW / ACT
There is a large tower to my SW here,but any storms cells are moving North though up the ranges,bugger
NSW / ACT
A thunderstorm has just sprung up in an isolated area between Colo Heights and Putty NW of Sydney. More cells seem to be forming further North. Penrith and Richmond look to have maxed just short of 40. The wind is actually blowing weakly from the
NSW / ACT
The Putty area is always a storm magnet.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - Major Heatwave likely 10/01/19 - 20/01/19 by logansi @ Yesterday at 16:44

35 here now so much for Bom's forecast of 28c
NSW / ACT
caps busted at Putty. Can actually hear some rumbles here. Shear is hopeless so i would be surprised but happy if they came off the ranges. Topped out at a muggy 40c here today. cant believe we have 3 days to go at higher temps....
NSW / ACT
Can now see quite a lot of storm development to my west/north west, although nothing is showing on the radar yet. Any chance of storms on the coast?
General Weather
The Hadley cell is formed when warm air rises near the equator and comes back down around 30 south latitude. It then flows back northward towards the equator along the surface. https://imgur.com/Vyon8fi https://imgur.com/np5DQcq
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Will we see 50 degrees celsius again in Australia by Blair Trewin @ Yesterday at 16:15

There were manual sites in Port Augusta before 2000, but in less favourable places to get really high temperatures. (Whyalla had a 49.4 in 1960). Tarcoola looks to have topped out at 49.0, a new record for that site. Tarcoola's been operating since
South Australia
Tarcoola new record - 49 degrees
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Anomalies by OldBloke @ Yesterday at 15:58

Hi, New here so not sure if I am doing the right thing, but here goes. A week or so ago(9th Jan?) there was an overnight temperature anomaly as reported by the Nowra station. The overnight low was almost 2 degrees warmer than the other nearby station
Page 3 of 32 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 31 32 >
Who's Online
9 registered (Homer, LonnyDave, Eevo, Sidney, kizz, Adaminaby Angler, petethemoskeet, Nick Sykes, 1 invisible), 274 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Geoff Young, Mattqldstorms, Richey, Starwood
Forum Stats
29774 Members
32 Forums
24062 Topics
1512037 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image