Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Melbourne & Victoria day to day weather by crikey @ Yesterday at 19:23

ACCg suggesting a strong precipitation band to move across Victoria this saturday. Victoria will be on the northern flank of a moisture laden low centred SW of Tasmania. Looks like a quick fire rain event with chances of snow for the alps. ? Thicknes
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Melbourne & Victoria day to day weather by crikey @ Yesterday at 19:08

Temp ' has dropped 6 deg in an hour and a half 5-6.30pm calm and clear skies 3.9 deg in Bendigo at7pm http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDV60801/IDV60801.94855.shtml Cloud arriving from the west as per sat pic'likely overnight No heat left to trap under
South Australia
news report yunta had -ve 7 last night/this morning confirmed looking at aws chart at 7am ....what happened to poor l yongala, -ve 2.4, looks like it was left out in the cold. TH
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Ken Kato @ Yesterday at 18:05

Originally Posted By: tsunamiIt feels very cool outside. Must be due to uppers. Could it get very wet in brisbane if something developes Daytime max temps will probably be cooler than normal for much of this week (before rising) with
Alpine & Snow
Jump to new posts Re: GUYRA and Surrounds Snow chances 2019 by crikey @ Yesterday at 17:55

camped overnight for the snow event.3rd june Here are a few of my belated phone photos. Woke up to a winter wonderland . Something l have ticked off on my 'bucket list' 7am Guyra to Armidale GUYRA servo' 7am on the tuesday the other 2pics on
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by tsunami @ Yesterday at 17:40

It feels very cool outside. Must be due to uppers. Could it get very wet in brisbane if something developes
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Steven @ Yesterday at 17:37

Byron Bay (Tallow Creek Bridge) reporting 43mm since 9am Rain continues for NthnNSW so that won't be the total figure until 9am tomorrow... http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/northcoast.shtml For river conditions/rainfall totals in NSW
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Multiversity @ Yesterday at 16:58

There was some nice Cb visible from city lumping up around what must have been Bris airport just before. I see some precip on radar around Redcliffe moving off to NNE. Certainly a nice Him8 late afternoon pic. with cloud mass off the SE Coast with
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Driver Discussion 2019 (Enso, IOD, PDO ,SAM etc) by Thunderstruck @ Yesterday at 16:56

Negative to neutral IOD doing it's best to setup atm, been some very large changes in the last few weeks over the western Indian, fair deal of cooling whilst some nice warming closer to home, eroding the Nasty Ningaloo Nina to pretty weak levels now.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by CoastalStorm22 @ Yesterday at 16:41

Originally Posted By: kizzOriginally Posted By: CoastalStorm22Peak rain rate of 128mm/h in that last shower! I just checked for your pws history and see you have changed again. You're with the Davis network now rather than Andrew's. Do you know
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by Snowies @ Yesterday at 16:27

-4.9 at 5am this morning before the fog set in and it warmed up to -2.5, if not for the fog... Gravel drive frozen, ground hard as a rock and 2cm of ice on the tanks (some of it left over from the night before) Anyway severe frost from home all the
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by kizz @ Yesterday at 16:23

Originally Posted By: CoastalStorm22Peak rain rate of 128mm/h in that last shower! I just checked for your pws history and see you have changed again. You're with the Davis network now rather than Andrew's. Do you know what time period that rain
South Australia
Mildly interesting: Neptune Islands reported temperature range in the last 24 hours has been 1.4c.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by TWEEDSTORM @ Yesterday at 15:41

Black as the ace of spades down to the south of us here.Amazing there's no lightning in it.Been a very wet day down around the Byron region like to see the totals from down that way.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by retired weather man @ Yesterday at 15:26

Minus 26.5C at 500Hpa for Brisbane - very low for this time of year. Possible development off the coast soon - like 1960's and 70's with similar temps? .
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Mike Hauber @ Yesterday at 14:54

Although upper level lows become much less common north of about Brisbane, the impact of upper level lows and troughs extends quite a way north, and will often reach well into the tropics with systems regularly impacting Darwin. Depends a lot on wha
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by gleno71 @ Yesterday at 14:47

Thanks Mega, nothing wrong with that artwork, I keep forgetting the role the Jetstream plays
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by duckweather @ Yesterday at 14:37

Yep tsunami. The ground of Oz was moving subtly in some places, and where you are more in the northern parts of Oz you would possibly have seen these movements more. Hundreds of reports [800+ in Darwin and surrounds alone] were made to Geoscience A
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by tsunami @ Yesterday at 14:30

Interesting what you say about a glass of water on the bench. Im watching the pool and the water is moving back and forth like it does in 20kt winds. Yet there is next to no wind.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Ken Kato @ Yesterday at 14:22

Originally Posted By: MegaOriginally Posted By: gleno71I'm curious as to why upper lows don't reach up your way mega or even further again towards cairns? There must be something that stops them from progressing up Forgive the crappy artwork, but b
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Mega @ Yesterday at 14:16

Originally Posted By: gleno71I'm curious as to why upper lows don't reach up your way mega or even further again towards cairns? There must be something that stops them from progressing up Forgive the crappy artwork, but basically, such lows or tro
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by NotsohopefulPete @ Yesterday at 14:02

It has happened on a few occasions in my lifetime, but that is the problem. You have to be alive a long time to see it. Same with Tropical Cyclones hitting the south QLD coast. I think, (a big I think, that is) that both scenarios are getting rarer.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by rain gauge @ Yesterday at 13:55

46mm here in Gorokan on the central coast to 10am and then 9 mm since in very short sharp showers with some very small brief hail. I think radar is overestimating at present.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Kino @ Yesterday at 13:52

Originally Posted By: gleno71I'm curious as to why upper lows don't reach up your way mega or even further again towards cairns? There must be something that stops them from progressing up Sub-tropical jet usually keeps them away.
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by tsunami @ Yesterday at 13:44

It seems most of the planet is rattling at the mo
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15 >
Who's Online
7 registered (Foehn Correspondent, warrie, StormCapture, SnowyTrainNorth, Adaminaby Angler, 2 invisible), 61 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
flylady, rainsomemore
Forum Stats
29947 Members
32 Forums
24167 Topics
1527296 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image