Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
SE QLD / NE NSW
Thanks NF. It's gone a lot further west this run. Last run had Owen exiting the coast near Yeppoon while this run at about Hervey Bay.
SE QLD / NE NSW
06z GFS has Owen stalling and washing out over Fraser with big rain dumps along WBB and SC.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Colin Maitland @ 11/12/2018 21:18

Maybe a thread ďPossible severe weather events for SEQ and NENSW Dec 13- ??? ď Just so many possibilities happening. I think the storms go into Sunday now. Yep that sums it up Natures Fury good one.
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Welcome tick tock 😊
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Nature's Fury @ 11/12/2018 21:14

Started a new one http://forum.weatherzone.com.au/ubbthreads.php/topics/1479420#Post1479420
SE QLD / NE NSW
Severe storms and heavy rain likely on Thursday-Saturday with the possible arrival of ex-TC Owen (or not an ex-TC) anywhere between Fraser Is and the border over the late weekend.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by DDstorm @ 11/12/2018 21:12

Hey guys, I don't say much here, but should we have 2 threads started, love some juice on the system comin from the south please and separate info for TC headin down. Hang onto your hats, it's comin from all angles. DD
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Timbuck @ 11/12/2018 21:10

Originally Posted By: Ken KatoI was just in the middle of typing a similar response when you posted that Mega lol. I was about to say, letís just wait and see how the coming days unfold. The only thing thatís almost certain atm is that plucka will s
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Mega @ 11/12/2018 21:10

I think a new thread is warranted so all of these posts don't get lost in the day-to-day thread. Even if Owen doesn't come off, at the very least it's looking highly likely there'll be widespread showers and storms through a big chunk of the state on
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Steve O @ 11/12/2018 21:06

Looks like it should be November was my first thought and just looking at the GFS soundings it doesn't look like a classic storm setup the lower levels are real fast moist onshore winds and the mid levels aren't that cold. ALot has to come right and
General Weather
I hope we learn more about the sun...and that...that learning is not conditional.
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Hi Guys - been following this forum since Cyclone Ului (a couple of years after I moved to Cairns) Purely for information and learning hence very few posts What I would like to know - Iíve asked a few long term locals and they arenít sure - is: wha
Tropical and Central Australia
It is way too far away to believe anything yet. In fact I would not believe any forecast unless it is for the following two days.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Mega @ 11/12/2018 21:00

I think another worthy question would be; have you ever seen such an intense, slow-moving cut-off low in the middle of December before? The sheer size of it is pretty insane and the double-high through the Tasman Sea blocks it from moving off to the
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Steve O @ 11/12/2018 20:59

Oh if it comes off the media will go into melt down would love to see Kochie up in Gympie chasing storms haha
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Colin Maitland @ 11/12/2018 20:58

Fortunately King Tides arenít until January but still if it hits on high tide with upwelling Sandgate Esplanade will go under and the usual spots around SEQ . Letís hope not.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Flowin @ 11/12/2018 20:55

Originally Posted By: Ken Kato almost certain atm is And at about day 2 or 3 before impact likely media frenzy
Tropical and Central Australia
gfs is going for 157mm on Sunday for Yeppoon.
General Weather
Great effort put into your post Mike.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Nature's Fury @ 11/12/2018 20:52

Originally Posted By: MegaAnyway, I think we could be jumping the gun a little bit personally. There's still a long way to go yet and for all we know we could see a shift east again overnight. True and it's likely too. This is what happens when we'
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Ken Kato @ 11/12/2018 20:49

I was just in the middle of typing a similar response when you posted that Mega lol. I was about to say, letís just wait and see how the coming days unfold. The only thing thatís almost certain atm is that plucka will still be complaining about the
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Warwick Eye2Sky @ 11/12/2018 20:48

I just hope we get some good rain out here on the Downs. We seem to be in the donut hole now as our rain amounts have decreased for the first time in days. I hope this is not a trend. Anyone have any thoughts on how much we might get out here? Thanks
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Colin Maitland @ 11/12/2018 20:47

If that comes off we will cop an absolute hiding here. We are near the top of the hill and there is nothing between our house and the Bay to deflect the wind. It will hit the back of the house at full strength like Oswald and then the ECL last year (
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Mad Elf #1.5 @ 11/12/2018 20:45

So, after weeks or months of BORING, along comes Owen reincarnated. Bring it on for SEQ, give it all you got! Anyone else feel excited? 71kt N gusts at Hervey Bay on a Sunday afternoon going by EC will not be pretty. Havnt had a look at high tide ti
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Mega @ 11/12/2018 20:44

Anyway, I think we could be jumping the gun a little bit personally. There's still a long way to go yet and for all we know we could see a shift east again overnight.
Page 31 of 59 < 1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 58 59 >
Who's Online
31 registered (Raindammit, FujiWha, Alexia, drivenunder, Crimson_Tide_, slipperyfish, Ootz, Homer, Brett T, Dan101, woodhouse, batty, Ollieo, lou lou, Night Rain, Steve777, Sbv72, cold@28, Lani, Pharbelle, gleno71, Simmo FNQ, Dr Philosophy, Sandbank, Colin Maitland, Davey440, 5 invisible), 211 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Bernd_Northrhine-Westfalia_Germany, lobione, Robbie
Forum Stats
29733 Members
32 Forums
24028 Topics
1506741 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image