Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
JTWC has removed any mention of extra-tropical transition in their 7pm update. --- REMARKS: 190900Z POSITION NEAR 20.2S 161.9E. TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 15P (OMA), LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 257 NM WEST- NORTHWEST OF NOUMEA, NEW CALEDONIA, HAS TRACKED S
Tropical and Central Australia
Originally Posted By: marakaiOriginally Posted By: Red WatchOriginally Posted By: marakaiAs a reminder here is the outlook from BOM for the start of the wet season for Northern Australia Climate outlook for January to March Issued 20 December 2018
1600mm would fill Wivenhoe from empty - if that much rain actually fell the flooding could top the 1893 floods. It would be nothing like what anyone alive today remembers.
Originally Posted By: pkgjmgOriginally Posted By: Mad Elf #1.5EC is insane! it's more then INSANE ..... but it just get's worse each run! It's reached peak insanity, the predicted falls can only lessen from here. The question will be how close t
I think it's worth remembering that it's just one model and just one run showing those extreme falls over far southern QLD.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Unfortunately ACCESS g has the strongest SW flank of OMA hitting the coast whether the eye makes landfall or not. 1km gradient winds 64 > 80 knots 34-48 knots at surface The main target area between border to Rockhampton currently. This set up la
Originally Posted By: Mad Elf #1.5EC is insane! Its not even raining yet NF, no way that will happen, but Friday? BEFORE the floods of 2011 I remember seeing an article in the CM about a big weather event and how they'd spoken to campbell newman a
Too early to say.
Originally Posted By: Mad Elf #1.5EC is insane! it's more then INSANE ..... but it just get's worse each run!
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by snowforus @ 19/02/2019 19:57

The change reached Lithgow around 6.30 pm. It's now down to 19. Hopefully, today will have been the hottest day until November or December.
EC is insane! Its not even raining yet NF, no way that will happen, but Friday? Wivenhoe 62.6% capacity atm + another 100% flood compartment. Will it be enough? Not at EC forecast even if they drain it. Maybe I'm exagerating a bit, Locke?
SE QLD / NE NSW
Massive gamble for dam management. Release water to avoid flooding or save for drought?
Originally Posted By: pkgjmgdo you think tho NF if it got to say thursday/friday it was looking the goods for the huge rain, that they would start releasing? .. i mean we certainly don't want to waste good water, but ............ Originally Posted B
do you think tho NF if it got to say thursday/friday it was looking the goods for the huge rain, that they would start releasing? .. i mean we certainly don't want to waste good water, but ............ Originally Posted By: Nature's FuryOriginally P
Originally Posted By: Red WatchOriginally Posted By: LockeSevere weather warning out now for abnormally high tides. Only the beginning I suspect. Up to 1 meter of storm surge on Thursday and Friday. I hope your dams are low enough for flood mitigat
I am actually starting to feel a little nervous - EC is now spitting out 1645mm for SE QLD area's ...... anyone have Noah's phone number?????
SE QLD / NE NSW
In a weather enthusiast's point of view...it's too good to be true.. I'll get excited Thursday if its on. Currently I give it a 60% chance.
SE QLD / NE NSW
There's potentially two events here. The first is the cyclone impact causing heavy rain, intensifying closer to the eyewall in the south-west quadrant. The second is a possible moist NE infeed causing convergence (black Nor'easter). NAVGEM and HRWF
SE QLD / NE NSW
Time for enlightenment: can anyone remember in history what was the highest rainfall totals for Brisbane? has anything like 1600mm occurred before over a 2 week period?
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: Steve OOk I see now, GFS on the other hand does not have that it looks like upper ridge. Yeah, but GFS and CMC want none of Oma either which is looking less and less likely now. I think they're really behind the ball here.
Originally Posted By: LockeSevere weather warning out now for abnormally high tides. Only the beginning I suspect. Up to 1 meter of storm surge on Thursday and Friday. I hope your dams are low enough for flood mitigation if high rainfalls eventuate
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: MegaOriginally Posted By: Steve OIs it an upper trough or is it Ex Oma but? Im not seeing an upper trough theres a surface trough inland on the surface charts? It's an upper trough or even a broad upper low. I've mentioned it
SE QLD / NE NSW
Wow, time to buy supplies. Will be living on an island if this happens.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: Steve OIs it an upper trough or is it Ex Oma but? Im not seeing an upper trough theres a surface trough inland on the surface charts? It's an upper trough or even a broad upper low. I've mentioned it numerous times over the la
Originally Posted By: StevenBOM MetEye showing "landfall" at the northern tip of Fraser Island early Sunday morning. during Friday night/all day Saturday gusts of at least 34KT for SE Qld coastline. looks like BOM forecasting is favouring the ECMWF
Page 31 of 59 < 1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 58 59 >
Who's Online
2 registered (Warloq01, 1 invisible), 73 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
KTB, micksandfire
Forum Stats
29847 Members
32 Forums
24093 Topics
1518253 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image