Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
SE QLD / NE NSW
Is it an upper trough or is it Ex Oma but? Im not seeing an upper trough theres a weak surface trough inland on the EC surface charts?
SE QLD / NE NSW
It's the second upper trough / low that EC has meandering over inland QLD which erodes the ridge faster to allow heavy rain from ex Oma to slip south into SEQ. Stark difference to something like NAVGEM which pushes that trough further west which keep
SE QLD / NE NSW
Tropical cyclone and surface trough setup its almost the ultimate convergence zone..
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Jac0b @ 19/02/2019 19:16

For me an extended spell of cool, showery, south easterly weather as forecast reminds me that autumn is not far off. Personally this is probably my least favorite weather. I love extended heat + storms, and this summer has definitely provided abundan
SE QLD / NE NSW
HOLY F*** That's anywhere between 1 and 1.5 metres of rain for a huge section of SEQ extending well inland. TC impact and moist NE infeed to follow. Surely this can't happen?
SE QLD / NE NSW
Stunning differences still appearing in the accumulating rainfall amounts for Brisbane between a couple of the models including EC and the others above.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Latest run of EC has over 1,100mm for Brisbane from Friday-Tuesday, needless to say that would be a catastrophe if that eventuates
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Long Road Home @ 19/02/2019 19:08

A drizzle chase could be on the cards for tonight. Some light stuff already being picked up on radar.
SE QLD / NE NSW
https://www.yr.no/en/overview/daily/2-2174003/Australia/Queensland/Brisbane/Brisbane Check this out. Insane rain rates for Brisbane
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Cyclone Oma (15P) - Coral Sea - February 2019 by Inclement Weather @ 19/02/2019 19:04

Just looking at the EC breakdown for coastal impacts. It appears from this one deterministic run that Noosa will be the worst off insofar as wind goes (strong gale 23m/s) and the lower Sunshine Coast the worst off for rain (upwards of 700mm)
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Homer @ 19/02/2019 18:54

Originally Posted By: Steve777Yeah, we just made the change up. Its really sunny here with a NW wind and 35. But seriously, that's not quite true, it's now totally overcast with scud cloud and about 23. It seems unlikely that we'll get any storms n
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Homer @ 19/02/2019 18:52

Originally Posted By: Wave RiderIt's a total scumtherly here now, proper summer weather you come to expect in these parts "Occasionally"... after a southerly.
just a very rough tab.on current velocity. TC ~ .1500km away from coast. Travelling at 8 knots ( 15km/hr) currently 100 hrs to make it to coast . Divide by 24 hrs = 4.16 days. wed, thurs, fri , sat, sunday If OMA continues steadily at this this
SE QLD / NE NSW
At current rate, Fiji forecasts Oma to cross 160' in around 48hrs. Still dawdling SSW at 5kts.
For more intense tropical cyclones (lower central pressure) does that mean the weather system is rotating clockwise faster? is there a correlation between the rotational speed of a cyclone and its central pressure. I assume at faster rotational spe
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: Taylsy Our resident storm bird was bowled over by a vehicle a few days ago so I hope that isn't an omen! A crow probably put the car up to it.
SE QLD / NE NSW
BTW Locke, I replied to your question the other day re the relative spread of GFS and EC ensemble tracks.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Severe weather warning out now from BOM for abnormally high tides. Only the beginning I suspect. Up to 1 meter of storm surge on Thursday and Friday.
I thought HWRF model uses the GFS model output to setup the outer domain of the HWRF model. But looking at the 00Z GFS and 00Z GFS-FV3 it appears to me they may now be using the GFS-FV3. Rather interesting as I thought FV3 was not officially opera
Severe weather warning out now for abnormally high tides. Only the beginning I suspect. Up to 1 meter of storm surge on Thursday and Friday.
BOM MetEye showing "landfall" at the northern tip of Fraser Island early Sunday morning. during Friday night/all day Saturday gusts of at least 34KT for SE Qld coastline. looks like BOM forecasting is favouring the ECMWF model instead of the GFS ou
Originally Posted By: Red WatchOriginally Posted By: Petar @ SdnyAnyone have a nice loop for the coral sea, to follow the path and structure of TC Oma? http://realtime.bsch.com.au/index.html?s...=&stop=#nav#nav That's the one! Thank you!
Time for JTWC to get rid the graveyard bias along with their extra tropical transition prediction. EC is no longer the outlier and this won't be extra-tropical if it gets caught by the ridge.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: crikeystorm bird has been singing/ warning yesterday and today. Sunrise and sundown. ( tweed) Willie weather automated giving us at tweed south max high end 110mm for Saturday, sunday Monday and as low as 16mm over the 3 days f
Tropical and Central Australia
Wow, that weather sounds amazing. Now it's just about time for me to go out and water the plants.
Page 32 of 59 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 58 59 >
Who's Online
3 registered (Cloudz, ashestoashes, 1 invisible), 88 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
KTB, micksandfire
Forum Stats
29847 Members
32 Forums
24093 Topics
1518253 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image