Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Squeako_88 @ 11/12/2018 20:17

EC on Windy was showing gusts to around 145km/h on the coast. 160km/h offshore for SE QLD. https://www.windy.com/-Wind-gusts-gust?gust,2018-12-16-12,-26.951,152.736,9,i:pressure,m:cTWakqI
Tropical and Central Australia
Flooding brings life though. Everyone around here a couple of weeks ago spent a week or more fighting fires and they were all battling drought before and after. They said they would welcome a flood.
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Wet Season - December 2018 by bundybear @ 11/12/2018 20:14

Hmmm. It is summer time. Summer time means potential flooding events. Yep. I am stressed. Lol. Flooding is a yearly event. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Pantry and freezers are full.
So whats going on guys..?... Is this ex cyclone going to do a U-turn and come straight back at us or head off more to the south...? The banana farm where the boy is working is spending the rest of the week stringing and deleafing to minimise damage
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Nature's Fury @ 11/12/2018 20:10

Ken, when was the last time we had a sub-990hpa system in SEQ? Surely it must be the 1970s, possibly earlier? If EC's forecast were to come off, what wind speeds would we be looking at in SEQ?
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Ken Kato @ 11/12/2018 20:00

SteveO: IF the system does follow the ex-TC Oswald type of scenario and hug the coast all the way down (not a certainty yet), it'll be sucking in a nice strong infeed of warm moist air from the ocean into its northern and eastern flanks which will pr
Originally Posted By: hickoryOriginally Posted By: Green n LumpyHas anyone bought a BOM calendar? Thought it might make a nice gift but can't find any images of the inside showing just how big the calendar part is - need decent sized daily squares
Have a look at this rainfalls map. Thursday, December 13 Townsville. It's looks great for us. http://stormcast.com.au/stormcast.html?ops=gfs:2018121100:2018121306:qld:li:null:0#sc
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by gleno71 @ 11/12/2018 19:46

Brisbane going for "possibly severe " storms for Friday. Going by the past, the "possibly severe " generally doesn't get put in until a day or two before. Were 3 days out so a lot of confidence in something happening
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Timbuck @ 11/12/2018 19:44

Well by the look’s of Kens spaghetti map there is a good chance a lot of area’s Might get a visit from this system. Really nice to ave something interesting unfolding , and hopefully drops little moisture right down though qld...some area’s might
Looking at Meteye http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/ it looks like it could still be a Cat 1 over Chillagoe. Should I go shopping tomorrow...?? Looks fairly certain he's coming back east, and it looks like there will be fair bit of rain, altho
NSW / ACT
Honestly I'm not too fussed with the rainfall forecasts at this stage as much of it will be rogue thunderstorm activity. Although I'm hoping for a some organised squall line stuff. The BOM on their latest video is saying that some places may see 70m
General Weather
Atmospheric pattern during winter and spring: Lower pressure along equator on dateline corresponds to the warmest SST anomalies, and supports the westerly anomalies that have blown to the west for most of the year. Typical and key el nino sign, a
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Homer @ 11/12/2018 19:01

Today was pretty good working on a building site. No stinging sun and a gentle breeze to keep things a bit cooler. And no rain. Pretty good for summer, and I'll take it because I know come Jan and Feb I'll get scorched day after day.
Victoria
CA - yep. BOM predicted 23C for Maffra today, we achieved 28C despite a freshly afternoon easterly seabreeze, unusual for them to be that far out. ECL going by latest AccR/GFS looks to form at Mildura, then sag near southwards. So rain will fall i
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ 11/12/2018 18:54

Gluggy rubbishy day - no rain no sun no wind just cloud and humidity
Must be a typo, I'm sure they meant 10-20mm.
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING TROPICAL CYCLONE ADVICE NUMBER 8 Issued at 4:42 pm ACST [5:12 pm AEST] on Tuesday 11 December 2018 Headline: Ex-Tropical Cyclone Owen strengthening in the southern Gulf of Carpentaria. Ex
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Flowin @ 11/12/2018 18:27

Originally Posted By: Squeako_88 GFS has been extremely poor with the handling of this System so far. The next generation GFS aka FV3 are also of interest to compare as this unfolds
Originally Posted By: Green n LumpyHas anyone bought a BOM calendar? Thought it might make a nice gift but can't find any images of the inside showing just how big the calendar part is - need decent sized daily squares to write things in (like rain
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Steve O @ 11/12/2018 18:11

Its going to over land so im not sure how it could still be that deep.
Have you ever seen TSV forecast (by BOM) for 120-200mm?! Cmon everyone - lets get excited! Is going to be a qild weekend in the north!
Victoria
hey guys whats a good camera to catch lightning shots or time lapse photos,my camera is strugleing with low light conditions
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Mega @ 11/12/2018 18:03

EC absolutely nails us this run, far out.
Looks like Monday is going back to hot weather, 35 deg forecast.
Page 32 of 59 < 1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 58 59 >
Who's Online
26 registered (Dr Philosophy, Sandbank, drivenunder, gleno71, Simmo FNQ, Pharbelle, Colin Maitland, Davey440, Homer, Brett T, Alexia, GrayHorseRanch, Birdie, drewgon, slipperyfish, Lani, Ollieo, Josh R, Flodge, coralview, UHF_CH10, woodhouse, batty, 3 invisible), 213 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Bernd_Northrhine-Westfalia_Germany, lobione, Robbie
Forum Stats
29733 Members
32 Forums
24028 Topics
1506741 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image