Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Jimi @ 18/02/2019 14:45

I was just about to say the same thing. Not too often there is a 15C+ sea breeze effect
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Sidney @ 18/02/2019 14:38

Amazing how Penrith has hit 38.7c at 2:30pm while at Sydney Harbour it's at 23.4c.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Stormwalker @ 18/02/2019 14:38

Would the tide this morning be a result of the supermoon (not the cyclone). Or is the point you are making is that the tides are higher than the usual king tide. I only ask, because I vaguely recall a few years ago a king tide caused minor flooding
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Stormy3 @ 18/02/2019 14:28

37 Deg,and rising here,a few cumulus clouds to my west but nothing building yet,light N winds.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Locke @ 18/02/2019 14:22

Posted this in the Oma thread but pertinent here. I can already see surge being a problem in SE QLD irrespective if whether Oma makes landfall or not. This morning's high tide at the Brisbane Port gauge was already close to Minor Flood level with O
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
I can already see surge being a problem in SE QLD irrespective if whether Oma makes landfall or not. This morning's high tide at the Brisbane Port gauge was already close to Minor Flood level with Oma still over 1,000km away. Tide gauges are alread
Tropical and Central Australia
Another 10mm late yesterday afternoon. Might have to think about that Simmo, thanks.
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by Snowies @ 18/02/2019 13:21

Nice pic PH! The weather has certainly done as 360 since the back end of Jan. Yeah LD, probably a bit on the boring side for the next week or two but looks like it might start to heat up again as well, early next week could be a return to consisten
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: winter help by Snowies @ 18/02/2019 13:16

North and East coasts are the most mild, so east of Devonport and north of Hobart but close to the coast. Depends if you need to find work as well. Fertile soils, bit of a mixed bag, parts of the north and north west have rich red soils, parts of the
Can't believe the difference in the strength of the shortwave between EC and GFS/CMC at + 96hrs. Such a big factor there and could go either way.
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Cyclone Oma (15P) - Coral Sea - February 2019 by chasers addict @ 18/02/2019 13:09

That what New Zealand Forcast said, Tropical Cyclone Oma's future path not yet locked in. 1 A direct landfall around Brisbane 2 A Tasman Sea storm that rushes towards NZ then weakens substantially due to high pressure near Tasmania 3 A
Tasmania
Jump to new posts winter help by Tassiebound @ 18/02/2019 12:15

hello everyone I,m Ross from WA and I have a couple of questions I hope someone might be kind enough to answer for me .its too hot over here and I want to move to Tasmania for the cooler summers but your winter worries me a little, its shorts all yea
General Weather
I have to agree with others about the last WWB not really living up to its full potential. Even Mick Ventrice mentioned the same thing on his Twitter a while ago.
General Weather
It's going to have to rain damned hard across the Northern Territory over the next 10 days to meet Modoki those requirements we were told to watch for.
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Lake Eyre Incoming by Bergasms @ 18/02/2019 11:41

Yes Werner, that's a false colour image
Thats what EC are forecasting, NW track, still a long way off, models will keep changing.
I don't like the new ridge orientation on 12z EC personally as it builds north too far which would highly favour a track back towards the NW than back on to the coast. It's actually a problem we've had all summer that these highs have tended to build
High res visible from 8:30 this morning. Showing a SW movement now also. Seems to look more disorganised this morning. Himawaricast image from Jcsat2B.
General Weather
Probably about as strong as the moderate WWB EC predicted, but weaker than extreme WWB GFS predicted.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Melbourne & Victoria day to day weather by chasers addict @ 18/02/2019 10:14

Two hot air balloons crash land in Melbourne , that's becasue they don't check weather as trough line across Victoria have two wind direction between North and South.
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Lake Eyre Incoming by Werner K @ 18/02/2019 09:34

Is the colour of the water false on those images? Whenever I've been up that way, the water has always been a brown colour.
This sux. No substantial rain on the outlook and SE winds almost every day.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by retired weather man @ 18/02/2019 09:17

WYNNUM NORTH ( 27.4S 153.2E ) - WEATHER DATE..18 FEB 2019 TIME..0815 CURRENT TEMPERATURE......26.5C CURRENT HUMIDITY...........61% CURRENT DEW POINT......... 18C CURRENT WIND DIR/SPEED... S 4kph CURRENT MSLP PRESSURE....1012.3Hpa CURRENT VISI
Must have been some light show.
Hey Simmo, if you've got any spare rain up there, could you please bring some with you when you come to Adelaide We could sure do with some!
Page 34 of 53 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 52 53 >
Who's Online
41 registered (dormant, Eigerwand, explorer, Steve O, Jimi, rwj95, paulcirrus, Homer, Squeako_88, Ahab, SMD1125, Steven, Blowin', ozone doug, Snowdrift, woodhouse, james1977, TrentG, Sandbank, OverDrive, bbowen, Weary, Stephen, Rainheart, Simmo FNQ, RC, Gringo2412, Dawgggg, petethemoskeet, Snapper22lb, Sillybanter, one drop, StormQueen, SteveB93, Mezo, Aussea, 5 invisible), 233 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Jinda, Melkizadec, Silver Lining
Forum Stats
29839 Members
32 Forums
24092 Topics
1517988 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image