Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by EddyG @ 13/02/2018 09:23

Not much here apart from some very light drizzle that wasn't enough to register in the gauge. It was a very mild night with the temp staying above 23c. I did here some soft rumbles from those cells out to sea early this morning, too much low cloud a
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Driver Discussion 2018 (Enso, IOD, PDO ,SAM etc) by NotsohopefulPete @ 13/02/2018 09:18

Also parts of NSW. Most of the Hunter Valley is in a shocking state.
General Weather
You are incoherent if you think this is about Townsville.
General Weather
This Townsville nonsense is ridiculous. We donít even bring up our city till kino or CF tries to use it to say stop looking in your backyard. Yet the evidence is there that the majority of QLD is struggling this wet season. Thatís s bit bigger than T
SE QLD / NE NSW
Pretty good idea that. Personally I run the AC for 1 hour before I go to bed and 1 hour after, with a fan on it's more than enough to take the edge off and get to sleep. It comes back on for an hour at 2am.
World
Jump to new posts Re: South Pacific Cyclone Season 2017/2018 by Brett Guy @ 13/02/2018 09:00

Hope it missed them with the absolute worst. Cat 3 winds would be bad enough over there but cat 5 would be devastating
Tropical and Central Australia
Got back from SA yesterday. Was pretty hot while I was there with a number of 39c days. Dry heat so was quite comfortable but the SA folks were struggling. Ground is still saturated at my place. My cow is leaving 10-15mm footprints where she walks.
SE QLD / NE NSW
As far as my own aircon goes, my thinking is if I have it, why not use it and get the most out of it otherwise it defeats the purpose of buying and having one in the first place, especially in an area like this. The power bill is high if you use it a
General Weather
Definitely not just Townsville:
SE QLD / NE NSW
We use our A/C on dry only, not cooling. This removes the moisture and makes it so much more comfortable. It doesn't cool on the setting but having low humidity it makes it feel so much cooler and with a fan is a great combination. Uses about 50% les
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Pickle @ 13/02/2018 08:29

1.5mm accumulated this morning according to my PWS. It's handy having it connected to WU with the graphs.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ 13/02/2018 08:27

Some heavy but very localised falls on the South Coast / Illawarra overnight. Foxground between Kiama and Jamberoo picked up 119mm. A small coastal strip near Ullladulla picked up 25-60mm. Most falls seem to have been just a couple of millimetres, ho
SE QLD / NE NSW
Bit of light rain atm, should cool things down a bit.
SE QLD / NE NSW
As far as any real weather goes...looks average, tbh. Don't like the weak shear profile for the next 3 days, moisture is very much confined to the coast and upper levels are warm under the upper ridge. Just meh, I mean you can't write them off comple
General Weather
The flooding rains monsoonal rains for February aren't happening. Obviously its March when the flooding monsoon rains are coming. At least March is likely to have a more favourable MJO outlook with MJO likely to arrive mid to late March. That will
SE QLD / NE NSW
Yeah, it's expensive. I've built up a good tolerance and only try to only have it on when I REALLY need to. Last night was definitely one of those nights lol
SE QLD / NE NSW
That's the problem. You can run it 24/7 in this weather but then comes the $800- &1000 electricity bill. Also, we had that ground level cloud this morning, very thick but lifting now.
General Weather
The amazing lack of rain across the majority of eastern Aus might not disqualify the monsoon trough but it sure as hell questions the effects of this La Nada. This is more than a Townsville thing. Half way through February with nothing major on the w
SE QLD / NE NSW
Do you think the next few nights look similar Ken? This is pretty horrible lol. I can usually go fine without aircon overnight but last night was one night I wished I had it on.
SE QLD / NE NSW
If there was one night where you'd need to use it, last night was the one. As soon as I walked outside, I could feel the soupiness of the air.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Not running it every night - costs add up if you do...especially when we have it on during the afternoons too.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Can't get aircon?
SE QLD / NE NSW
man last night was horrible to try & sleep in, it's so uncomfortable even with fans running full blast.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by DVC @ 13/02/2018 07:21

Ulladulla with over 50mm overnight did well with that little trough.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Looks like it, one near Dalby poking its head up as well. Early start?
Page 36 of 43 < 1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 42 43 >
Who's Online
3 registered (Weary, gawain, Mad Elf #1.5), 292 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Kayaker, mick cahill, Mick10, TRD, Wet Snow
Forum Stats
29495 Members
32 Forums
23816 Topics
1480418 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image