Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Jump to new posts Re: QLD Tropical Cyclone Season 2018/2019 by Mega @ 05/12/2018 19:17

EC still has the GoC TC too...not sure if it's Owen or a new low.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by paulcirrus @ 05/12/2018 19:16

Why is the bom going for 24C and cloudy for Brisbane from Friday to Sunday. Is there going to be some system creating overcast skies during this period ?
Tropical and Central Australia
Some decent falls from a few TSs yesterday and probably more the same today. RAINFALL BULLETIN NORTHERN & EASTERN FORECAST DISTRICTS Issued by the Bureau of Meteorology, Perth on Wednesday, 05 December 2018 for 2
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Mega @ 05/12/2018 19:15

Originally Posted By: gleno71I think we have seen the last of the westerlies until next winter. Will more be a SE to NE trade fest now and back to normality Better hope the latest EC run doesn't come off then...another filthy cut-off dragging weste
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by Knot @ 05/12/2018 19:01

Has anyone noticed how the Australian plate bears a superficial resemblance to the lower 48 USA and the Pacific plate looks a little like Africa. But maybe I drink too much lol
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Colin Maitland @ 05/12/2018 18:57

Thanks for the replies Ken, ColdFront and Gleno. So much hacking going on I thought I had been hit again. Last time it was my Internet Security decided to spy and hack me. Won’t say much more than last security was Vodka, (hint) . I have switched to
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by duckweather @ 05/12/2018 18:36

Yes Knot, it looks like both plates have interacted to create these many quakes. 2 x M7 is quite incredible. These quakes involved the South New Hebrides Trench, which is where the plates meet [according to what has been recognized as part of the Aus
You from Europe CF? Ahh just seen the .330mm
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by gleno71 @ 05/12/2018 18:26

I think we have seen the last of the westerlies until next winter. Will more be a SE to NE trade fest now and back to normality
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by Knot @ 05/12/2018 18:25

Lol Duck. So would this be friction of Australia and Pacific plates?
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by gleno71 @ 05/12/2018 18:21

Ditto... very slow, couldn't access forum a few days back
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by ColdFront @ 05/12/2018 18:14

Yeah happening here too. Sometimes it would just throw up an error message . I've tried different browsers. Makes no difference.
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by duckweather @ 05/12/2018 18:12

Yes Knot - not Knot but Kino. Had a massive headache all day and mixed that up Dopey Duck
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Jump to new posts Re: QLD Tropical Cyclone Season 2018/2019 by ColdFront @ 05/12/2018 18:11

EC is modelling some big rain down the coast from Owen's remains, particularly around the Sarina area.
EC is modelling 450 mm for Sarina area over the next 5 days. 330 mm for Mackay . 280mm for Airlie Beach and 290mm for Proserpine.Interesting forecast.
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by Knot @ 05/12/2018 18:01

Sorry Duckie. Credit goes to for Kino mentionning the New Caledonia quake. Knot, Kino. Easy mistake. Big quake. And you did have an itch about that region just yesterday. A shallow quake at 6 miles depth and a hundred clicks or so east of Tadine in
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by duckweather @ 05/12/2018 17:59

Thanks tsunami. I can't explain it, but I was absolutely honed in on that general region. Yes these large quakes have spawned a tsunami apparently. The USGS has said that Vanuatu may receive a 1 to 3 meter potential tsunami and Fiji a smaller one. M
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Ken Kato @ 05/12/2018 17:57

Originally Posted By: Colin MaitlandSlightly off topic, well miles off, but is anybody experiencing slow loads on WZ forum. I did a couple f days ago before there was a crash. Just seems to be doing it again. Yep it's been happening to me pretty ofte
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Steve O @ 05/12/2018 17:55

Still a fair way out I didn't see any spikes on Ken's Fv3 graph but just one interesting scenario which I could sort of believe its a similar scenario to some flood events we've had of recent years. Surface low dragging down the coast and upper troug
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Colin Maitland @ 05/12/2018 17:54

Slightly off topic, well miles off, but is anybody experiencing slow loads on WZ forum. I did a couple f days ago before there was a crash. Just seems to be doing it again. Had some patchy showers here today but beautiful cool breezes. Love this we
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by tsunami @ 05/12/2018 17:53

Hit the nail on the head duck well done Question. Will it generate a tsunami
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by duckweather @ 05/12/2018 17:47

Hi Knot and all. That Wiki link was very interesting. There are effects of changes in the planet's behaviour [apart from obvious quake sensations] that a number of folks do feel. Some call them 'sensitives' and some folks can't explain why they feel
The models have got those storms west of us heading south east
Not sure why but now the chance of showers goes to Monday now for Yeppoon, as well as "cloudy" Are we expected to see something from the ex cyclone? Day time temps for Yeppoon around 23/24 in the weekend.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Rsav @ 05/12/2018 17:34

Originally Posted By: Antarctic WhalerOriginally Posted By: Rsav And what is the forbidden subject? (((Anthropogenic Global Warming / AGW))) Why is it forbidden, and by whom?
Page 42 of 43 < 1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 >
Who's Online
20 registered (Thrombus, mysteriousbrad, Michael Proctor, Colin Maitland, Foehn Correspondent, Popeye, Kino, willitrainagain, rhizome, Raindammit, Welt, Red Watch, Ricky, LonnyDave, paj, Coxy, Aussea, Mcbobbings, 2 invisible), 259 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Conor McDonald, dmhwce, LittleDavey83, Michael Lee, Nero
Forum Stats
29700 Members
32 Forums
24026 Topics
1506133 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image