Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
FXXT01 ADRM 131400 IDY26500 Bureau of Meteorology, Darwin RSMC ACCESS_TC TC tracking for model run: 20180313 1200 UTC Cyc Name Date Time Lat Long C.Pres Max Wind(kts) LINDA 20180313 1200 -20.1 158.3 995.1 55.6 LINDA
Ken - how do you think the models went for this one? Would you agree that the eventual track has actually come closest to GFS then any of the others, despite trying to overdevelop Linda too early (it had Linda reaching TC status by Sunday night iirc)
Just what I said would happen about 3 to 4 days ago in answer to someone on these forums. Wynnum Nth 24 hour rain 7.4mm.
Thanks Ken
I'd expect it to be downgraded to a low very soon after it loses its tropical characteristics. The most likely scenario (no major impact on SE QLD except for the big surf & gusty winds with showers becoming confined to the coastal fringe & islands b
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Cyclone Linda (Coral Sea 90P) - March 2018 by NotsohopefulPete @ 14/03/2018 08:53

"Next"!.But won't the same thing happen again? I see one of the models just have it washing out into a trough off the coast. For me, I see this as the least painful scenario, seeing there is no hope of getting any useful rain from it, apart from the
Latest sat pic looks like an eye to the north? Is that what happens when you shear the head off? Jay
I posted earlier about how fast she was travelling yesterday. I have not found anything yet documenting comparison of Australia TC typical movement speeds. Did find some info on US Hurricanes which noted "The fastest hurricane in the record was Emi
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ 14/03/2018 08:10

Don't hit your head on the (cloud) ceiling: Screen shot taken from this site: Sydney webcam Another grey and overcast morning, with very low cloud. Unlike yesterday, I expect it to clear fairly quickly. It usually does when it's like this. I
As I write this, Linda is pretty much no longer a TC with the stronger shear tearing the deep convection away from Linda's low level circulation centre. Am expecting it to be downgraded to a low very soon after it loses its tropical characteristics.
3.1mm overnight for Salisbury from the showery activity, with the first 1.5mm falling around 10.15p.m
Page 43 of 43 < 1 2 ... 41 42 43
Who's Online
6 registered (Funkyseefunkydo, Knot, EddyG, Flowin, Timbuck, 1 invisible), 67 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Dale Small, Michael Bath, Ronfishes
Forum Stats
29522 Members
32 Forums
23848 Topics
1485200 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image