Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Weather
Originally Posted By: KinoThe killer line, which absolutely demolishes Mikes arguments Originally Posted By: BoM This coupling is required to establish and sustain any ENSO event, and is what drives widespread Australian and Global impacts As we hav
NSW / ACT
I only just checked out this mornings EC run, quite amazing. Appears as though Owen stops off the QLD/NSW border and another low/deep trough follows this upcoming one for NSW. The next week or so could be a game changer for many. Parts of the Hunter
Tropical and Central Australia
I like how Meteye shows the current and previous track map. Also the extended track. They have moved Owens track north over land. Friday morning it could be a cat 1 about 80-90kms from Mareeba.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Colin Maitland @ 11/12/2018 12:16

Sorry Ken I didnít see the link for the weather radar archive in your last post. Plus plucka was going to give us a 7 day break from this stuff, will he made it 3 days. See a week is 7 days. It is just gone too far that questions start getting ra
Loads of mushrooms here too GnL. Amazing how quicky they pop up.
[quote=cold@28 Send them an email to check dimensions. They've responded to me in the past. [/quote] Thank you. Found the dimensions, 59.4x42cm with A3 photo, which is 29.7x42cm. Good size. Their online ordering website is a bit glitchy so I h
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: ashestoashesCs22 don't worry about the clouds, there is a seriously warm and humid air mass sitting ahead of the trough. Yesterday was an example 28 with overcast. But all the maps looking worrying for the basin. and - with th
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST Severe Thunderstorm Warning for HEAVY RAINFALL For people in parts of North Tropical Coast and Tablelands and Herbert and Lower Burdekin Forecast Districts. Issued at 10:22 am Tuesday, 11 December 2018. Heavy
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST Severe Thunderstorm Warning for HEAVY RAINFALL For people in parts of North Tropical Coast and Tablelands and Herbert and Lower Burdekin Forecast Districts. Issued at 10:22 am Tuesday, 11 December 2018. Heavy
NSW / ACT
Cs22 don't worry about the clouds, there is a seriously warm and humid air mass sitting ahead of the trough. Yesterday was an example 28 with overcast. But all the maps looking worrying for the basin.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Colin Maitland @ 11/12/2018 11:38

Originally Posted By: plucka99 I mean just look back at their forecast for the week from Saturday, 50% chance of rain every day this week, so far, zero and the next 3 days seems to be close to zero as well, total fail. What a load of rubbish, I hav
NSW / ACT
I think that the amount of rain might depend upon what happens with the once and future tropical cyclone Owen. Access has it staying well up North before fizzling out early next week. EC and GFS have it moving parallel to the Qld coast to about the l
NSW / ACT
My worry is on most days will be cloud choked inhibiting heating and convection for here, so many of the trough systems over spring were just choke out by to much cloud and collapsed into thundery messes. I'm sure at least of of the next few days wil
Originally Posted By: Green n LumpyHas anyone bought a BOM calendar? Thought it might make a nice gift but can't find any images of the inside showing just how big the calendar part is - need decent sized daily squares to write things in (like rain
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
JTWC: 2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST): A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE. B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION (INVEST 05P) PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 16.1S 144.0E, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR
NSW / ACT
Still a goer and our forecast is now 'Thunderstorms" all week - there's some pretty decent shear associated with the Low so we should see strong long-lived storms with large hail and damaging winds possible you'd think. Risk of tornados inland as wel
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Mike HauberIts Coldfront repeating the BOM said no el nino therefore I winnzzz argument yet again..... And a repeat of a news article that Coldfront seems to think is better than peer reviewed research stating the opposite. An
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Just remember, that when posting the current track map it's better to upload the image to a hosting site and share it that way. The BOM's track map link will change with each update. Current track map:
General Weather
The killer line, which absolutely demolishes Mikes arguments Originally Posted By: BoM This coupling is required to establish and sustain any ENSO event, and is what drives widespread Australian and Global impacts As we have said - no coupling = no
GFS is still sticking with e-Owen moving SE, coming close to Townsville on Saturday night/early Sunday morning: Rain (Sunday, 1am) Wind (Sunday, 1am)
109mm to 9am at Bilyana, have just passed the 3M mark for the year.
Has anyone bought a BOM calendar? Thought it might make a nice gift but can't find any images of the inside showing just how big the calendar part is - need decent sized daily squares to write things in (like rainfall figures!). Another 57mm last
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Snake Spotting by justme @ 11/12/2018 10:05

I live on 5 acres along the river, I know there will be snakes around but in 15 years only seen a about a dozen. I live alone no pets so grand-kids decided I needed some finches and gave my a gage. got home hung it up from a wire on the veranda. next
General Weather
It's odd that you yourself have repeatedly said lack of WWBs is the reason for lack of increased warming in the east yet continually deny the reason why this has been the case. Coupling !! In a classical Elnino the MJO bypasses the maritime contine
Victoria
Yeah models can't really pin point the heaviest falls because they are changing the position of the low with every run. Anyway here is the latest even totals: ACCESS GFS EC
Page 44 of 66 < 1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 65 66 >
Who's Online
42 registered (bbowen, Squeako_88, Gringo2412, Steve O, Homer, Steve777, Manly, logansi, kathrynsview, Sandbank, petethemoskeet, Mathew, Sidney, GrayHorseRanch, Lee@Hazo, StormQueen, Dr Philosophy, Dribbles, Mad Elf #1.5, Sbv72, DarrylS, Kino, Timbuck, WeatherNut96, doogasnow, Thunderstruck, Flowin, Longys, Antarctic Whaler, snoopydoo, RC, weatheriam, FoggyNights, Josh R, Westy80, Bone Dry, MattS, Colin Maitland, 4 invisible), 258 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Bernd_Northrhine-Westfalia_Germany, lobione, Robbie
Forum Stats
29735 Members
32 Forums
24028 Topics
1506966 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image