Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Originally Posted By: S.NovaehollandiaOriginally Posted By: MoonLightOriginally Posted By: S.Novaehollandia Fair call. Is someone then able to get an evacuation SMS to these guys as they seem oblivious to what the QLD G'mnt is putting out. Sign off
Tropical and Central Australia
Saw about twenty truck loads of rubbish being taken to the Prossy dump from Cannonvale transfer station so i think people started to finally got the message today that this was getting bloody real. School i work at shut for the next two days at least
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by Drought declared @ Yesterday at 18:55

Sensationalist reporting is rife in the Rocky Bulletin. Their geography is a little off? THE BUREAU of Meteorology's team of weather experts believe Cyclone Debbie will make a huge turn towards Central Queensland's coast after it wreaks havoc on a s
I've said Bloomsbury from the get go before it even became an invest.... I'm happy enough to take a slight error to the north if it crosses at the Whitsunday Islands. For you guys in the Whitsundays I'm hoping the effects won't smash you around too m
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by S.Novaehollandia @ Yesterday at 18:50

Originally Posted By: MoonLightOriginally Posted By: S.Novaehollandia Fair call. Is someone then able to get an evacuation SMS to these guys as they seem oblivious to what the QLD G'mnt is putting out. Sign off as "Anna B"... that'll get their atten
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Mega @ Yesterday at 18:49

Looking to the NE, can actually see a very defined band of high level cirrus streaming down from TC Debbie, as also seen here: http://realtime.bsch.com.au/index.html?s...tart=&stop=#nav
I got family from Proserpine hopefully they stay safe and the community
Looks like it's stationary on Bowen 512 radar loop my be in for a southern movement
BOM just updated the track map/warning to fix the slight error with the warning area
I'm thinking home hill to Arlie beach possibly proserpine
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Cyclone Caleb Indian Ocean March 2017 by desieboy @ Yesterday at 18:33

Details of Tropical Cyclone Caleb at 2:00 pm AWST: Intensity: category 1, sustained winds near the centre of 85 kilometres per hour with wind gusts to 120 kilometres per hour. Location: within 55 kilometres of 16.0 degrees South, 99.4 degrees Eas
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by S.Novaehollandia @ Yesterday at 18:32

Originally Posted By: RCOriginally Posted By: breezy04 Are these supposed to be enforced evacuations? As in if you refuse, you will be forcibly removed probably to jail. Short answer, yes. If a Disaster (...) Probably not going to jail though...
Originally Posted By: rainthiswayI am gonna say Bowen looks like it will get smashed, Its just not changing to a more westerly track. Absolutely Tempest.. the beginning of about 60 hours of rain, I reckon... I'm a little peturbed that they've brou
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Seabreeze @ Yesterday at 18:30

An area of rain moved through much of the Mid North Coast overnight (with a couple of very isolated storms embedded in it too). It brought falls of up to 36mm. We were toward the northern edge of the rainband, with 10mm falling here. A couple of ligh
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by Drought declared @ Yesterday at 18:30

Originally Posted By: FNQMost likely upper atmosphere steering conditions and as it nears the coast the impact of topography.Think I need a few more lessons to grasp this one? Lol. The forces that affect tropical cyclone steering are the higher-l
Absolutely Ken.
update channel 7, tony auden 5pm https://www.facebook.com/7NewsBrisbane/videos/1460095137336667/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&qsefr=1
Soo, any links to chasers? I remember the feed from Yasi and that really was something.
Originally Posted By: Ken KatoSunsets@Maggie, it's the left front quarter of the TC in relation to its forward path. The forward speed of the TC can also add to the wind speeds on its left hand side as it's travelling forwards. Thankyou I understan
darwindix: The front right quad applies to the northern hemisphere.
The quadrant scenario is an old nautical thing.Looking toward the cyclone the front right quadrant is the most dangerous .The system is pushing the largest volume of water from the wind.It also has the largest waves and if your unfortunate enough to
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by Inclement Weather @ Yesterday at 18:20

These last few lines from the latest tech bulletin make for sobering reading: Quote:Recent SSMIS microwave pass combined with SHIPS RI guidance suggest a period of rapid intensification is possible in the next 24 hours. Given this evidence, the inte
Victoria
Thunderstorms with the change tomorrow for S Central and (especially) Gippsland onwards??
Given that the ridge is only now reaching latitudes that would start to influence the movement of the cyclone, it is game on and we should see the more pronounced westerly movement tonight. The slow movement that we've seen is consistent with a weak
Jump to new posts Re: Central Coast & Whitsundays Wet Season - March 2017 by Rainrunner @ Yesterday at 18:17

GFS has been sticking to the Whitsundays crossing for days but because the model was slow in developing the TC, most people have been discounting it to a degree. EC has surprised me with it latest one though.
Page 63 of 157 < 1 2 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 156 157 >
Who's Online
127 registered (rolive, Drought declared, Tempest, Anon5, phreeky, Keethy, Homer, Tales, StormCapture, weather junky, Miss T, pkgjmg, Markus, Ollieo, wxra, ol mate, Blinky_Bill, BThomas, aloahjay, FNQ, ayrfam, woodhouse, Jezza, Turbo Taxi, nocturnal1, Steve O, Ahab, KBO, Lowndsey, Moldy, Unmanned, mysteriousbrad, ThunderBob, rainbeam, OverDrive, R.Dangerfield, nicabocca, AKM80, Rainheart, camtsv, Macktown, Aussea, Chookie, cold@28, Rain Whisperer, SnowedIn, gwebb, Swigman, goninja88, marakai, Steve777, ScubaSteve, Kat_, TrentG, BigBen, Pappa D, Dan101, Chris Stumer, explorer, Perfect Storm, Popeye, Sidney, Briscell, rainthisway, redbucket, Allik, BlueStorm, Tropical Desert, Max744, Buzz Buzz, exodus, bber36, Snapper22lb, Rainbose, swamp-lady, eRes, terawatt, Kezza34, Thunderstruck, Maclaw, bec131, sunworshipper, Whisper, Pooley72, FujiWha, Steven78, Sunny Showers, No-Logic, snoopydoo, Majors Daughter, Adele, NQ_Dee, Tan, sangas, Mother Nature, James Chambers, Jesse24, scorpion70, S.Novaehollandia, eauetsoleil, Lani, Oriolus, Teunvm, shell, Dingbat, sharjay, show_me_weather, Cass, Procella, Mick10, Latitude 21, PVW, JoanTheSpark, breezy04, Summ3r, StormQueen, lou lou, CraigA74, petethemoskeet, bundybear, Ms.Weatherfreak, 6 invisible), 951 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Jamar, jimi747, Zephyr
Forum Stats
29193 Members
32 Forums
23562 Topics
1445376 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image