Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Soo, any links to chasers? I remember the feed from Yasi and that really was something.
Originally Posted By: Ken KatoSunsets@Maggie, it's the left front quarter of the TC in relation to its forward path. The forward speed of the TC can also add to the wind speeds on its left hand side as it's travelling forwards. Thankyou I understan
darwindix: The front right quad applies to the northern hemisphere.
The quadrant scenario is an old nautical thing.Looking toward the cyclone the front right quadrant is the most dangerous .The system is pushing the largest volume of water from the wind.It also has the largest waves and if your unfortunate enough to
Jump to new posts Re: Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie (91P) - Coral Sea March 2017 by Inclement Weather @ Yesterday at 18:20

These last few lines from the latest tech bulletin make for sobering reading: Quote:Recent SSMIS microwave pass combined with SHIPS RI guidance suggest a period of rapid intensification is possible in the next 24 hours. Given this evidence, the inte
Victoria
Thunderstorms with the change tomorrow for S Central and (especially) Gippsland onwards??
Given that the ridge is only now reaching latitudes that would start to influence the movement of the cyclone, it is game on and we should see the more pronounced westerly movement tonight. The slow movement that we've seen is consistent with a weak
Tropical and Central Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Central Coast & Whitsundays Wet Season - March 2017 by Rainrunner @ Yesterday at 18:17

GFS has been sticking to the Whitsundays crossing for days but because the model was slow in developing the TC, most people have been discounting it to a degree. EC has surprised me with it latest one though.
Originally Posted By: TempestTvle people should still assume that it might hit your area, absolutely agree
Originally Posted By: rainthiswayI am gonna say Bowen looks like it will get smashed, Its just not changing to a more westerly track. I've mentioned it a couple of times, it seems that the southerly turn is such a common occurrence that it feels li
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Melbourne & Victoria day to day weather by Petros @ Yesterday at 18:16

Lovely Indian Summer day here today, calm, sunny, near-30c. Good conditions for late-planted vegies, the 10cm soil temp is 22C!
Latest forecast radar loop from HWRF out to 5 days - still looking pretty speccy:
Tvle people should still assume that it might hit your area,
Has anyone else picked up that the watch has been cancelled on the bom alert right from Cairns to Lucinda, but has Innisfail to Lucinda as the watch zone? I'm sure it's just a typo.
getting a bit more serious than it was earlier for the whitsundays. Bom track has come further south as well in last update
looking like Tsv has possibly dodged another bullet in missing a direct hit
Yep we have lawless, that outer band is pretty much tracking n.w, with constant rain on our area.
thanks FNQ
Taken from the updated Technical Summary --- ... Maximum 10-Minute Wind: 60 knots [110 km/h] Maximum 3-Second Wind Gust: 85 knots [155 km/h] Central Pressure: 976 hPa Radius of 34-knot winds NE quadrant: 110 nm [205 km] Radius of 34-knot winds SE qu
Most likely upper atmosphere steering conditions and as it nears the coast the impact of topography.
I am gonna say Bowen looks like it will get smashed, Its just not changing to a more westerly track.
we're getting some lovely heavy rain right now - at Northern Beaches Mackay.. the first really heavy rain.
Been raining here for most of the afternoon, both EC and GFS are starting to meet.
Originally Posted By: Simmo FNQI just hope the Ross River catchment can get a decent drop to top up the dam. I was hoping this would be the case too Simmo. There would be a lot of happy, relieved people in and around TSV. The ridiculous amount of m
Jump to new posts Re: Central Coast & Whitsundays Wet Season - March 2017 by Rainrunner @ Yesterday at 18:07

Latest EC has Debbie crossing at Bowen by the look, or even a touch below I think.
Page 64 of 157 < 1 2 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 156 157 >
Who's Online
122 registered (Tales, Rain Whisperer, camtsv, magic74, Markus, exodus, Briscell, Steven, ol mate, Moldy, Rainheart, wxra, Snapper22lb, nicabocca, poona, shell, weather junky, phreeky, woodhouse, Turbo Taxi, rainbeam, R.Dangerfield, Blinky_Bill, rainthisway, kmack43, aloahjay, StormQueen, Sidney, dizzigirl1, Popeye, Ollieo, FujiWha, Ahab, FNQ, Majors Daughter, Macktown, troycookie, Whisper, Homer, Lowndsey, Rainbose, Smallfry, Un_stable, Hagrid, Ms.Weatherfreak, Cyclone_Tim_, KBO, bec131, Perfect Storm, Swigman, nocturnal1, StevefromSurfers, breezy04, BlueStorm, sharjay, StormCapture, Squid, mick87, Grazina Ajana, mysteriousbrad, BThomas, rolive, Adele, CraigA74, Ellywin, Alex144, No-Logic, Jezza, Tempest, marakai, explorer, TrentG, Tan, Pappa D, Unmanned, Weather_Viewer, Kat_, Miss T, ThunderBob, SnowedIn, bber36, Aussea, OverDrive, NQ_Dee, Max744, gwebb, Drought declared, Anon5, Keethy, pkgjmg, ayrfam, Steve O, AKM80, Chookie, cold@28, goninja88, Steve777, ScubaSteve, BigBen, Dan101, Chris Stumer, redbucket, Allik, Tropical Desert, Buzz Buzz, swamp-lady, eRes, terawatt, Kezza34, Thunderstruck, Maclaw, sunworshipper, Pooley72, Steven78, Sunny Showers, snoopydoo, 6 invisible), 920 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Jamar, jimi747, Zephyr
Forum Stats
29193 Members
32 Forums
23562 Topics
1445376 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image