Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Long Road Home @ 19/09/2018 21:26

Mega, those SST's can and will change quickly, moisture will be aplenty although some areas may need to wait longer than others. I can't see a hot dry summer repeating itself, at least not for us in the SE.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Long Road Home @ 19/09/2018 21:24

Im guessing they'll form along the SW/SE convergence, interesting nonetheless as I wasn't really expecting more than a dry SW change. May be a late night walk with the DSLR for me
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Warwick Eye2Sky @ 19/09/2018 21:10

1 minute of torrential rain from a little orange cell that passed over. All over.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ 19/09/2018 21:07

Id guess moderate at best. Some showers now popping up here along the coast. Change has arrived but not strong as yet.
South Australia
Some lovely rain / showers moving up the Fleurieu Peninsula as of late this afternoon...
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Mega @ 19/09/2018 20:02

There doesn't seem to be any end to this dry pattern in sight. It does feel like a hot and dry summer is coming as opposed to a hot and stormy one...hard to see where our moisture is going to come from at this rate and also considering the current SS
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Warwick Eye2Sky @ 19/09/2018 19:56

Good rumbles here with that cell to our south. A few drops here but that's about it in the rain department. Not much else to our west, so this might be it.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Seabreeze @ 19/09/2018 19:48

Nice Ozone. Some distant thunder here this evening from a storm that passed just north of Nambucca Heads.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Homer @ 19/09/2018 19:17

Originally Posted By: Long Road HomeBoM has a chance of a storm tomorrow morning/early arvo. Albion Park and Bellambi's DP's have increased to 10C with the change, hopefully it's more of a S'ly change than a dry SW. Yeh. Noticed that mention of a s
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Davis weather station updates by CoastalStorm22 @ 19/09/2018 18:43

Hi MGD, I to have the 6555 and have migrated over to 2.0 without any problems. Do you download your data to the weatherlink software via "web download" option below? If so(like was the case with me) you have to change your userID to your DID whi
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Long Road Home @ 19/09/2018 18:42

BoM has a chance of a storm tomorrow morning/early arvo. Albion Park and Bellambi's DP's have increased to 10C with the change, hopefully it's more of a S'ly change than a dry SW.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by ozone doug @ 19/09/2018 18:24

Best roll cloud i saw was last year Goondiwindi, Queensland . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsGpszqGXfQ
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by CoastalStorm22 @ 19/09/2018 18:03

I really wish BOM would fix those dodgy humidity reading at Campbelltown, they've been off for well over a year now!! Same story with Olympic Park where the humidity seems to high... I recorded a minimum humidity here of 9% which is the lowest in my
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Homer @ 19/09/2018 17:45

Originally Posted By: Steve777 There does look to be a Southerly change now, which passed through Point Perpendicular around 2:00PM but which not yet reached Kiama. Coastal stations South from Jervis Bay are quite cold, sub-15. I noticed that Steve
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Seabreeze @ 19/09/2018 17:22

An interesting feature, what appears to be a roll cloud crossing NENSW and far inland SEQLD this afternoon, however this was not your typical low-based roll cloud (e.g. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-16/a-roll-cloud-forms-off-the-coast-at-brooms
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ 19/09/2018 16:53

I had a quick look at the humidity readings. Campbelltown does seem a bit low, having got down to 4%. Other Sydney stations have been down to around 10%, still pretty dry. Humidity now seems to be on the increase, with temperatures dropping back.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Mcbobbings @ 19/09/2018 15:21

Wow, Campbelltown is very dry at the moment. RH is 5%, DP -16.8. I can't remember seeing it that dry at any time, let alone mid September
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Mcbobbings @ 19/09/2018 14:56

Originally Posted By: Steve777Actually, September last year was warm, sunny and practically rainless in Sydney. OH's average termps were 12.2 to 23.3, +0.2 to +2.2 with regard to 1981-2010 averages. Sunshine averaged 9.0 hours per day (compared to th
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by ozthunder @ 19/09/2018 14:25

Got to love a day when on the way to work you hear about a prescribed burn going to take place, than at midday a fire weather warning is issued by the BOM. I am sure they know what they are doing.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Davis weather station updates by MGD @ 19/09/2018 14:08

Hi everyone, I am just searching for someone who can help as I am not all that technologically savoy!! I have a Davis Vantage Pro 2 weather station and a data logger ( ? 6555). My console is connected to the internet based Weatherlink.com from Davis
Tropical and Central Australia
Originally Posted By: scott12Mate you are just jealous of my long blonde locks.... Go and look at a photo of yourself 25 years ago, Dean, and then take a look in the mirror....I'll even buy you a beer to cry in.. Marchies were starting to ge
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ 19/09/2018 13:34

Actually, September last year was warm, sunny and practically rainless in Sydney. OH's average termps were 12.2 to 23.3, +0.2 to +2.2 with regard to 1981-2010 averages. Sunshine averaged 9.0 hours per day (compared to the long term average of 7.8) an
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Longest time without rain by Rigger @ 19/09/2018 12:58

Originally Posted By: Surly BondHi Rigger It is interesting that you are in a second year of very long rainless spells. Although rainless spells owe much to chance, it suggests that Alice, like parts of NSW, may be in a dry period that is already lon
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Longest time without rain by Surly Bond @ 19/09/2018 12:09

Hi Rigger It is interesting that you are in a second year of very long rainless spells. Although rainless spells owe much to chance, it suggests that Alice, like parts of NSW, may be in a dry period that is already longer than one year.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Jimi @ 19/09/2018 12:04

Originally Posted By: DerekHVIt's a better September this year than last, where the vast majority of days were below the Sept average, almost the whole month in a rut. This year at least we are getting some warm days, interspersed with cold spells, a
Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Who's Online
8 registered (Steve O, Funkyseefunkydo, logansi, A sunshower, hickory, 3 invisible), 51 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Ben, Enriquez, Goody, Ken Langdon, msp, Summer?, weather freak
Forum Stats
29654 Members
32 Forums
23961 Topics
1497799 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image