Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Marts @ Yesterday at 20:26

I'm in Port Macqaurie for work atm and there is a bit of lightning to the south. Looks good on radar atm but I dont really know if we will get anything. Would love a good storm while being away.
SE QLD / NE NSW
The actual scenario may be none of the models but probably somewhere in between the models. That is easy to say while the variations between the models is so extreme for rainfall. The rainfall is more difficult to forecast than the weather system l
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Originally Posted By: Delta-TCan someone please post a link to the EC accumulated rainfall map? https://www.windy.com Rainfall accumulation is one of the option on the right hand side and number of days down the bottom of screen. EC option is bott
Tropical and Central Australia
Originally Posted By: WearyObviously still using those filters to make Chillagoe look green Toss up between whether it's green and I pay for mowing too often, or bleak beige and no expenses. It's a sticky wade thru the paspalum on the way to
Can someone please post a link to the EC accumulated rainfall map?
Can't complain at 2mm and huge drop in temperature. By 2pm today partner and I were feeling distinctly unwell - not weather for oldies w/o a/c but we manage...somehow.
SE QLD / NE NSW
For what it's worth not a bird, cricket or frog to be heard here at Golden Beach. Weird for sunset period. Sunset and moonrise coincided.
Here is a time-lapse of satellite images from the last 24 hours and shows her moving quite nicely. (It updates every 30 minutes) https://www.oceanviewweather.com.au/Satellite/HimawariSatellite-Queensland.aspx
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: Ken KatoOf course you'd also have to observe wildlife activity for all the past occasions when they've seemingly been behaving unusually but nothing resulted in order to get a realistic idea. Good point. Still, I remember in t
And JTWC has it now doing a U-turn to the east. http://www.metoc.navy.mil/jtwc/products/sh1519.gif
SE QLD / NE NSW
Of course you'd also have to observe wildlife activity for all the past occasions when they've seemingly been behaving unusually but nothing resulted in order to get a realistic idea.
Obviously still using those filters to make Chillagoe look green
SE QLD / NE NSW
EC on Windy has 10 Day Rain Accumulation for my area Forest Lake as 831mm. Bizzare.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Now would be a good time to observe if there is any unusual wildlife activity. If it turns out that there is a significant rain event seeing how the animals behave in the next few days could be useful for future events.
Your storms tonight, my view from Chillagoe https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TaZ_UBvehmIrGoSdYHRRQ1UNXyMq8lzM and https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iaNjzcSflRErAkODo4c8BYn63DGi0lg3
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Cyclone Oma (15P) - Coral Sea - February 2019 by Mad Elf #1.5 @ Yesterday at 20:10

Thats not good, depending on your point of view. Just hope it delivers some rain? Lots of online views atm btw.
JTWC has removed any mention of extra-tropical transition in their 7pm update. --- REMARKS: 190900Z POSITION NEAR 20.2S 161.9E. TROPICAL CYCLONE (TC) 15P (OMA), LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 257 NM WEST- NORTHWEST OF NOUMEA, NEW CALEDONIA, HAS TRACKED S
Originally Posted By: marakaiOriginally Posted By: Red WatchOriginally Posted By: marakaiAs a reminder here is the outlook from BOM for the start of the wet season for Northern Australia Climate outlook for January to March Issued 20 December 2018
1600mm would fill Wivenhoe from empty - if that much rain actually fell the flooding could top the 1893 floods. It would be nothing like what anyone alive today remembers.
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Cyclone Oma (15P) - Coral Sea - February 2019 by Nature's Fury @ Yesterday at 20:06

Originally Posted By: pkgjmgOriginally Posted By: Mad Elf #1.5EC is insane! it's more then INSANE ..... but it just get's worse each run! It's reached peak insanity, the predicted falls can only lessen from here. The question will be how close t
I think it's worth remembering that it's just one model and just one run showing those extreme falls over far southern QLD.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Unfortunately ACCESS g has the strongest SW flank of OMA hitting the coast whether the eye makes landfall or not. 1km gradient winds 64 > 80 knots 34-48 knots at surface The main target area between border to Rockhampton currently. This set up la
Originally Posted By: Mad Elf #1.5EC is insane! Its not even raining yet NF, no way that will happen, but Friday? BEFORE the floods of 2011 I remember seeing an article in the CM about a big weather event and how they'd spoken to campbell newman a
Too early to say.
Originally Posted By: Mad Elf #1.5EC is insane! it's more then INSANE ..... but it just get's worse each run!
Page 7 of 46 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 45 46 >
Who's Online
27 registered (one drop, Stephen, bundybear, pkgjmg, Aussea, bradcq, Mcbobbings, Neata, LonnyDave, Flowin, Salty, redbucket, GringosRain, retired weather man, Blinky_Bill, Nature's Fury, darknstormy, Blair Trewin, pabloako, gberg, Funkyseefunkydo, 6 invisible), 285 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Darren J, freshy, roves, Summ3r
Forum Stats
29839 Members
32 Forums
24092 Topics
1517669 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image