Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Possible showery cold weather from 23/6 - 30/6 by Blair Trewin @ 27/06/2017 09:54

Originally Posted By: AlexiaUnusual for us last 16 days we had 14 days nearly total fog day and night the last 2 days very little fog at night but cloudy and little SUN. No frost for the 16 days the plus has been 4.5mm fog in rain gauge. Actual rain
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by DaveM @ 27/06/2017 09:50

Eddy - that star shot is stunning!! Airport here -4.4, town reading is showing as -5 solid frost. Light breeze much of the night probably kept us warmer than it might have otherwise been. I went out a few times last night and could feel a breeze eac
NSW / ACT
It's gonna be a cold far south change yet again with -5 @ 850mb coming up since Saturday night's run for that area. Trouble is GFS at least is showing little upper support with not very cold temps at 500mb so it'll be a very stable airmass unfortuna
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Wave Rider @ 27/06/2017 09:43

Originally Posted By: EddyG3.7c was my overnight low. Nice sunny morning so far, but i don't think it will be long to the cloud arrives. It's cloudy here with high cloud and the temp is struggling as a result. Only 13C at 9:30am which is cold f
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins by bundybear @ 27/06/2017 09:38

Originally Posted By: sambozLocals to scared to change to NBN, most hanging in with ADSL even at slow speeds. Must say that "grooming" has crossed the mind on occasion CF That is what I am doing. Hanging in there. Hoping for the best. Gr
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by Winter_lover @ 27/06/2017 09:24

Car was frosted over this morning & the Dogs water bowl
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by Snowies @ 27/06/2017 09:20

It went in the end, but took a good 5 minutes for enough water to dribble through to get it going. Liawenee scored -9.6. It was our coldest morning of the year but nearly 2 degrees and equal second coldest since we moved in. Similar temps forecast
NSW / ACT
Fingers crossed
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by DaveM @ 27/06/2017 09:14

Hi Tony That sounds like fun Dan - nice frost and no hot water Similar temp to you this morning, airport at -4.4, the town reading (later) may come in slightly cooler. At least you are finally getting some "weather" down there, still boring up h
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Possible showery cold weather from 23/6 - 30/6 by doogasnow @ 27/06/2017 09:12

We have been spoilt the last two days Receiving 17mm of rain😀😀 boy did we Need that!!! 3c this morning
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by Snowies @ 27/06/2017 08:54

Yep Tony, GFS looks the coldest, but EC not too far behind. A nippy -4.3 at home just after 7am this morning, the gas hot water didn't want to de-ice in a hurry. Pipes were frozen. Eventually enough water got through to trip the heater.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by EddyG @ 27/06/2017 08:26

3.7c was my overnight low. Nice sunny morning so far, but i don't think it will be long to the cloud arrives.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Lani @ 27/06/2017 08:12

Just had a post pop up on my FB, not sure if it was last year or a previous year but it was saying that it was -3.7. We haven't even dropped below 0 yet this year (and that was only for about a week that it got cold). And I do remember about 4 years
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: Steve777In recent weeks, the models have often shown significant cold changes about 7-10 days in the future, only to be clobbered as we get closer and the high moves quickly across and plonks itself over Victoria for several day
Victoria
Unusual for us last 16 days we had 14 days nearly total fog day and night the last 2 days very little fog at night but cloudy and little SUN. No frost for the 16 days the plus has been 4.5mm fog in rain gauge. Actual rain for June is 10.5mm.Our count
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by retired weather man @ 27/06/2017 07:25

ColdFront - Our mango tree too is flowering this far sourh, many months too early. Also the grape vine which was only cut back a month ago and should lie dormant till about September - has started to sprout. A month ago I put in pumpkins which are
NSW / ACT
In recent weeks, the models have often shown significant cold changes about 7-10 days in the future, only to be clobbered as we get closer and the high moves quickly across and plonks itself over Victoria for several days. Still, a cold change will g
Tropical and Central Australia
0.4mm from some drizzle between 11 and 12:00 last night. 12.6mm in total this month over 9 days but what surprises me is how much difference a small amount of rain can make during winter. Things are definitely greener, slightly, than what they were
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ 27/06/2017 06:54

It's a chilly morning, close to forecast but not as cold as I thought it might be. I think that this is owing to a combination of: * Wind, e.g. there's a 'howling' 10 knot Westerly at OH, where it's 8 but feels like 3. * High humidity - it must be f
General Weather
The central Pacific continues to warm, with ninos 4 and nino 3.4 reaching their highest value of the year so far. Sooner or later the predictions of a cooling trend will be correct....
Tropical and Central Australia
Another 2.2mm
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Wave Rider @ 27/06/2017 01:24

3.9 here atm. Interesting that there was snow falling at South Perisher about 45 mins ago according to a poster and currently looks like it's coming down very lightly. That snow earlier would've fell in -7C!! That's impressive. Cooma Ap now down
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Homer @ 26/06/2017 23:31

Originally Posted By: EddyGSome nice cold temps already in Goulburn and Cooma, well and truly in to the negatives. Meanwhile that cloud band has raced in to NSW and is already halfway across the state. Perisher has already reached -9. Cooma -5.4 an
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by TonyO @ 26/06/2017 22:49

Looks like a bit more moisture with the next cold change on Thursday, a bit more depth in the SW stream. I like GFS in this one.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by EddyG @ 26/06/2017 22:39

Some nice cold temps already in Goulburn and Cooma, well and truly in to the negatives. Meanwhile that cloud band has raced in to NSW and is already halfway across the state.
Page 8 of 16 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 >
Who's Online
8 registered (Homer, LightningGus, Mad Elf #1.5, seaworthy, DNO, liberator, Mathew, DarrylS), 293 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Luke-wx, siebrand, Weather Freak1
Forum Stats
29298 Members
32 Forums
23628 Topics
1454421 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image