Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by tsunami @ Yesterday at 11:42

Very interesting question rainiac You could say yes as certain materials are wet in the morning but then warmer surfaces stay dry which would be no Looking forward to a response from someone with the knowledge
Alpine & Snow
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 Australian Snow Season by WarrenTheSnowMan @ Yesterday at 11:33

Where are you getting 15-30cm from? I'm only seeing 6cm total for the 3 days.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by rainiac @ Yesterday at 10:55

So does moisture from fog and dew count as precipitation then?
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Donzah @ Yesterday at 10:43

Cheers for the compliment. Re ski seasons i'll post my thoughts in general terms here. There are a few wild cards for getting Perisher up and running. - cloud seeding . If the conditions are ideal I feel it does have an impact. The next two weeks h
Tropical and Central Australia
Nothing to report except that little bit of rain last week. I missed it here, but it was lovely in Cairns. Mornings cooler again, after having warmed up for a bit. My weather station doesn't work any more so no idea what the outside temp is. House s
Alpine & Snow
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 Australian Snow Season by DaveM @ Yesterday at 10:33

Keep it going lads, love it
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by DaveM @ Yesterday at 10:30

Yes Donzah - I like what you say I'm not as deep in my "forecasting" as you are (at all) but as you know I've been watching this weekend for a while now, same as you I think things are definitely changing for the better season wise at the moment
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Donzah @ Yesterday at 10:24

Originally Posted By: KnotIts going to be a dud ski season. Talk of a few paltry centimetres from here to mid June. Some snow making if conditions allow. Sell your gear on gumtree. You wont need it. You can scratch around amongst the rocks on QB long
Originally Posted By: scott12Lovely day today but what is the story with these tradewinds....the highs just keep pushing through without a break in between...geez it would suck being a pro fisherman.. Yes Scott. I was up at the beach yesterday and
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by DaveM @ Yesterday at 10:11

Well QB weekend is a bust most years anyway - so no surprises there I think this weekend and the following might just be better than first thought. Plus get some snowmaking going with cold overnight temps finally getting consistent, I reckon next w
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Knot @ Yesterday at 09:57

Its going to be a dud ski season. Talk of a few paltry centimetres from here to mid June. Some snow making if conditions allow. Sell your gear on gumtree. You wont need it. You can scratch around amongst the rocks on QB long weekend
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Donzah @ Yesterday at 09:22

Originally Posted By: Wave RiderNo wind here though which is surprising. Stopped now. Really nice day.
Lovely day today but what is the story with these tradewinds....the highs just keep pushing through without a break in between...geez it would suck being a pro fisherman..
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by DaveM @ Yesterday at 09:06

No frost here, breeze and cloud cover came in about 10pm. Stopped the chill. Mostly sunny and quite mild this morning, currently 8 after a min of about 6. Yes Donzah - I really like the look of Sunday and next few days. I also like the look of the
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by DaveM @ Yesterday at 09:03

Sat pic looks interesting this morning. A huge standing cloud wave over the centre. Everything fanging by in general except for a large area of cloud stationery over about half of Tas.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Wave Rider @ Yesterday at 08:53

No wind here though which is surprising.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by retired weather man @ Yesterday at 08:08

My Davis Pro 2 has been registering 0.2mm nightly for the past few days in the fogs, but did better last night with 0.4mm. Most likely because it started early as the local trains were losing traction as early as 2100 last night.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Donzah @ Yesterday at 08:03

I think the MCG did YNWA a bit better cold here this morning , blustery winds. Once it settles down though I'd expect it to be quite pleasant.
Alpine & Snow
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 Australian Snow Season by Donzah @ Yesterday at 08:01

Wednesday is going as a cutoff on the spag. If its cold enough, that will promote moisture,,, its actually quite a good think, considering the residual cold air from the proceeding change.
Alpine & Snow
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 Australian Snow Season by Donzah @ Yesterday at 07:56

Running off yr.no this morning , taking into account and temperature . I'd expect 50cm (at Perisher) out of this 2 banger system. The duration is the key. Midnight (ish) Saturday to Midnight wednesday is close to 96 hours of potential snow. Even at a
Alpine & Snow
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 Australian Snow Season by Donzah @ Yesterday at 07:52

Originally Posted By: Snowy HibboOriginally Posted By: DonzahI use Yr.no for EC http://www.yr.no/place/Australia/New_South_Wales/Perisher_Village/long.html That's certainly a good idea for most people. I like using the EC charts, so more than happ
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Dry Season - 2017 by Vinnie @ Yesterday at 01:05

9 Day GFS Forecast has 18 deg max next friday for yeppoon. with 10 at night 21 in rocky with 8 at night can't wait
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Melbourne & Victoria day to day weather by aussiestormfreak @ 24/05/2017 23:51

Overnight low of 12.4C, reached a top of 18.0C here in Belgrave today. Currently around 12C. A mixture of cloudy periods with showers alternating with sunny spells today. No measurable rainfall unfortunately.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Australian Politics by Cheers @ 24/05/2017 22:27

One Nation voters are a special kind of stupid !!!!!!!
South Australia
prob gonna stay damp without getting too wet too.... maybe 1mm or so tomorrow.... 5mm or so Saturday night, few follow up showers Sun-Mon... Just not the totals we need though!
Page 8 of 26 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25 26 >
Who's Online
7 registered (Ticktock, scott12, mysteriousbrad, bd bucketingdown, Lee@Hazo, 2 invisible), 249 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Kellly, Melanian, Peter.G, Turnip
Forum Stats
29277 Members
32 Forums
23613 Topics
1451962 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image