Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by LightningGus @ Yesterday at 16:16

Nice moderate to heavy rain here, temp of 15C and a southerly breeze making it feel pretty chilly. Thankfully I got the mowing done yesterday!
General Weather
Where's that Oprah meme when you need it "You get warming; you get warming; you get warming; YOU ALL GET WARMING".
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by wet sky @ Yesterday at 15:38

15.9 degrees here, 1.8 below this month's average minimum temperature
General Weather
Even if La Nina criteria isn't met, impacts typical of La Nina are still very possible late spring and summer.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ Yesterday at 15:08

When I get a moment, I could give the various wind directions a rating out of 10 and maybe put the ratings on a sort of wind rose. The ratings would depend upon the season, what the weather's been like lately and whether or not we need rain. That b
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ Yesterday at 14:57

Prob with Nw’ers is they’re dry and fire dangers least they’re warm
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Lani @ Yesterday at 14:50

Haha, you called it Ken. Good rain here again now. I'm happy though, I got my jobs done.
General Weather
Still looking like La Nina to me. If the last set of westerlies had anything other than a superficial impact I'm struggling to see it.
General Weather
Going by what you have posted Raindammit it's my understanding that the whole eastern seaboard is going to see increased rainfall due to La nina whilst SA/VIC/WA will be a return to traditional summer conditions unless its the other way round but giv
Tropical and Central Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Dry Season - 2017 by Rhys. @ Yesterday at 13:31

Making the most of the cooler weather before it heats up again next week - Up to 35c by next weekend.. Currently 22.4c with light rain.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by kizz @ Yesterday at 13:30

The only good that we get with winds from the S-E quarter is suppression of any Ekman type coastal upwelling. Apart from that, they are the ********** of winds here. Take today for instance. A beautiful sunny morning has now become miserable and over
Tropical and Central Australia
3.2mm this morning
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Mad Elf #1.5 @ Yesterday at 12:54

Good call Ken, plenty rain on the way to Toowoomba & Stapy showing plenty more coming. Nice! Steady rain Toowoomba atm.
General Weather
21/9 to 19/10:
General Weather
Looking at the MJO forecasts from various models (please don't kill me for quoting models ffs), they seem to carry a decent strength MJO passage through to phase 7 before most likely weakening prior to reaching phase 8. To remind people of the MJO ph
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by duckweather @ Yesterday at 12:22

Hi folks. Just I suspected would begin occurring, Victoria has had a couple of tremors. One In the Barwon region and one in Pakenham at M2.5 and M2.7 [prelim] respectively. I get a bit of a feeling that the energy to cause these tremors may not hav
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Wave Rider @ Yesterday at 11:48

Westerly winds are probably my favourite in summer and in winter probably north/NWly winds. I pretty much hate anything with south and east in it.
General Weather
A couple further thoughts on the warming in the last week in the Western Pacific. First the westerlies near Typhoon Lan are probably not near enough to the equator to cause an equatorial Kelvin Wave. However substantial Ekman pumping to the south o
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by DerekHV @ Yesterday at 11:42

SE or SSE winds are my least fave, esp if accompanied by a Low pressure down south, as they just bring onshore showers. A pure southerly buster in summer is very welcome. Southwesterly and WSW winds that are dry can be annoying as well, if coming off
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ Yesterday at 11:38

Originally Posted By: Wave RiderI'm the opposite. I hate SWlies as well and they're my 2nd least favourite wind, seconded only by scumtherlies. Negative SAM looks likely for the next few weeks so I would not be surprised if that wintry cold change
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ Yesterday at 11:37

hahaha - southerlies aren't my fav either - esp in summer - but lest they're not dry and savage blowing straight across the lake. Much prefer deep fetch NE / Easterlies tbh.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Wave Rider @ Yesterday at 11:36

I'm the opposite. I hate SWlies as well and they're my 2nd least favourite wind, seconded only by scumtherlies. Negative SAM looks likely for the next few weeks so I would not be surprised if that wintry cold change eventuated. Snow does occur in O
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ Yesterday at 11:18

Yas....they listened ha ha much prefer southerlies than SW'erlies.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by CirrusFibratus @ Yesterday at 11:17

3.6mm so far today. Grass is ready to be mown after just a week
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Kino Quote: Westerlies associated with typhoon activity in my mind includes westerlies along the equator in the vicinity of the typhoon. Do you have the same idea of what associated means as I do? I've provided evidence for ho
Page 8 of 43 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 42 43 >
Who's Online
10 registered (Wave Rider, Brett Guy, Summ3r, mammatus meestrus, Sidney, Steve777, Locke, 3 invisible), 281 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Evil Kitty, Jake, ka0tik_pengwin, Nullamanna WX, shaunandwendy, stormygirl
Forum Stats
29389 Members
32 Forums
23700 Topics
1465816 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image