Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Homer @ 23/05/2018 23:09

Not sure anyone is questioning whether there should be a thread or not, nor the reason for it. It's more or less a waiting game atm and generally, unless a system seems locked in a long way out, (a rarity) a thread normally isn't started till 3 or 4
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Mega @ 23/05/2018 22:53

It is starting to look like this monotonous blocking pattern is about to break, but there doesn't appear to be any real significant rain events for our part of the world (looks better in NSW, but it's only early days). Anyway, you can see the break i
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by ashestoashes @ 23/05/2018 22:53

Real question is that should we have a thread because it is either an ECL or just another vigorous cold front bringing not much rain.
Tropical and Central Australia
Originally Posted By: hickory Man I hate this sort of cool weather with drizzly, sh!tty rain. Either rain or don't. I've seen it go right through to nearly Show Day in july before we get the day after day clear skies. May and June. Without doubt t
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Wave Rider @ 23/05/2018 21:53

Agreed Eddy.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by EddyG @ 23/05/2018 21:33

Thanks Homer, I love watching big surf. Just there shear power and energy they have is mesmerizing.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by EddyG @ 23/05/2018 21:30

Originally Posted By: ashestoashes obviously i'm just making a judgement on what Kino's logic may have been. Yeah I understand that!! I was just looking at some SST charts of the Tasman and waters closer to NZ are a couple of degrees cooler than
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Homer @ 23/05/2018 21:22

Originally Posted By: EddyGHere is another pic of the swell, this pic is in Hawks Nest and its relatively protected by the Headland in the back ground, whereas the first pic was taken in the Myall Lakes National park and you can just make out Brought
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Homer @ 23/05/2018 21:20

Originally Posted By: EddyGThanks Homer, Buy your'e daughter a cheap point and shoot camera, she will love it!! My son has inherited my old DSLR and he loves it, he has even come on the odd storm chase too and your'e right its a great thrill!! I
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by ashestoashes @ 23/05/2018 21:19

Indeed or just straight out normal SSTS just to flip the pattern, obviously i'm just making a judgement on what Kino's logic may have been.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Nature's Fury @ 23/05/2018 21:18

Tonight's GFS still holding firm on the big cold blast at the end of the month. EC going for sub-15 max for Brisbane with wind chill. Hello winter! Ken must be very excited. Might be a warm spell to follow as well once all the frontal and low action
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by EddyG @ 23/05/2018 21:14

Originally Posted By: ashestoashesI think Kino is referring to the Tasman troughing that has been on going the higher SSTs away from our region has lead to greater convection= lower pressure on that region. Leaving us high and dry. Everyone was expec
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by EddyG @ 23/05/2018 21:11

Here is another pic of the swell, this pic is in Hawks Nest and its relatively protected by the Headland in the back ground, whereas the first pic was taken in the Myall Lakes National park and you can just make out Broughton Island in the top right
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by ashestoashes @ 23/05/2018 21:07

I think Kino is referring to the Tasman troughing that has been on going the higher SSTs away from our region has lead to greater convection= lower pressure on that region. Leaving us high and dry. Everyone was expecting us to have more rainfall but
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by EddyG @ 23/05/2018 20:51

Thanks Homer, Buy your'e daughter a cheap point and shoot camera, she will love it!! My son has inherited my old DSLR and he loves it, he has even come on the odd storm chase too and your'e right its a great thrill!!
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Homer @ 23/05/2018 20:41

BTW, that's a cracking swell Eddy. Nice pic. And, thanks for the above compliment. I even have my daughter taking heaps of pics lately of the autumnal colours around our area. It gives me a thrill that she is even interested in them. She loves geogr
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Homer @ 23/05/2018 20:40

Originally Posted By: EddyGOriginally Posted By: Kino we need the Tasman to cool asap. Why? I was wondering that myself. Wouldn't warmer Tasman sea temps provide more volatility to any potential ECL's? Combined with cut off cold pools, wouldn't
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by EddyG @ 23/05/2018 20:34

Nice pic Homer, I swear I've seen that pic before Yes A2A, EC imo is looking better than yesterday, still a south coast event at this stage, but most of the coast should receive something as it heads NE.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Homer @ 23/05/2018 20:18

A picture from my front yard this afternoon. The yellow tree on the left is a Golden Ash. It's almost done. The red tree on the right is a Crepe Myrtle. Behind the crepe myrtle is a Chinese Tallowood which is still almost completely green. This is
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by TWEEDSTORM @ 23/05/2018 20:14

Enjoy the frolicking in the cold ice haha give me the tropics anyday!
Tropical and Central Australia
I just about got sandblasted when I went up to the beach today. Some of the gusts would blow jesus off the cross.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by BIG T @ 23/05/2018 18:37

I am gona be down there last wk in June,heading out to Katoomba , jenolan caves, Bathurst etc , hoping for a cold blast to roll through when Iím there, couldnít be that lucky tho I guess.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by ashestoashes @ 23/05/2018 18:36

EC 00z look almost identical to yesterday's 00z run hopefully EC gets the ridging right. Anecdotally I've found that EC performs the best when predicting HPS.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Melbourne & Victoria day to day weather by doogasnow @ 23/05/2018 17:44

Another 13mm overnight and into today Emptied out of gauge! Makes the last week period a 90mm plus Event 👌
World
Jump to new posts Re: Mena, Arkansas Weather by Wet Snow @ 23/05/2018 17:23

Hello Folks: Here's previous weeks' weather in Mena, Arkansas: DATE........HIGH........LOW........RAIN May..13..87F/30.5C..64F/17.7C..--- .......14.*89F/31.6C..66F/18.8C..--- .......15..83F/28.3C..66F/18.8C..--- .......16..85F/29.4C..61F/16.1C..0.20
Page 8 of 12 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
Who's Online
4 registered (HillsStorm, davida, mammatus meestrus, Homer), 296 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
!SCHUMMY!, light my fire, Pokey, Twizler, weather_obsessed
Forum Stats
29566 Members
32 Forums
23903 Topics
1491331 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image