Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Steve777 @ 19/05/2019 21:16

GFS and ACCESS show the current pattern ending with a cold front around Tuesday week, although they've been consistently been showing the current pattern ending in 7-10 days since it started a week ago. Meanwhile, EC shows a weak cold front tomorrow
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Namarrkun @ 19/05/2019 20:30

Originally Posted By: Ken KatoAbove are some autumn-themed photos I took of the sweetgums and Red Maples in their autumn glory in Toowoomba this afternoon. Temp was a pleasant 18C at the time with feels-like temp of 13C. how ironic you post those pic
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Adaminaby Angler @ 19/05/2019 20:04

Looks like the stubborn Subtropical Ridge is giving way next week, to a series of single-digit highs and drizzle/sleet mixes on my forecast.
General Weather
Neutrinos have typically been characterised as "ghost particles" which strike and pass right thru the earth at a rate of 65 billion per square centimetre but don't interact apart from the odd collision with an atom. New research challenges this view.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Ken Kato @ 19/05/2019 19:49

I'd say it's quiet because there's still virtually nothing happening weatherwise for the foreseeable future apart from some coastal showers Above are some autumn-themed photos I took of the sweetgums and Red Maples in their autumn g
General Weather
Regarding ozone holes, I wonder if the fact that lightning is rare at the poles is also a factor
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Mad Elf #1.5 @ 19/05/2019 16:44

Hey everyone, so quiet! Thought I'll put this up to distract the boredom. Drove to Gatton early this moaning just after 6am, yes, moaning, wasnt happy, and saw the moon setting waaay too far to the South for my liking, usually sets due W of us over t
General Weather
The Chapman Cycle in the stratosphere is central to ozone's consistent regeneration as part of the Ozone Layer. Within the Chapman Cycle, UV-B (280 to 320 nanometre) and UV-C (200 to 280 nanometre) rays break the molecular bonds of O2 to produce oxy
General Weather
Originally Posted By: MegaStill not sure where this Nino is supposed to be coming from given the lack of warmth on the subsurface. Not sure what some of these models are seeing tbh. It's not coming. We should be at neutral now, and leaning towards
South Australia
back in reynella now...... something worth a mention approacheth, nothing really organised, cores are so numerous and small radar looks like its got acne, i hear rumbles....lunch is required. TH
Weather Photography
Jump to new posts Re: Moonrise over the Pacific from Himawari 8 by ozone doug @ 19/05/2019 11:30

Nice find Learjet.Love your work.
General Weather
I don't wanna bombard with theoretical physics stuff, but attempting to unify forces and or establish additional dimensions is not new. One very interesting theory is Kaluza-Klein Theory. Which in a nutshell seeks to unify Gravity and Electromagnetis
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Wave Rider @ 19/05/2019 10:09

The light sprinkles are still around the Basin this morning. Meanwhile here it's partly cloudy and warm at 21C while many areas are still struggling to get out of the fog. Bega is 9C with 99% humidity and Cooma and Bombala just 5C with 100%.
General Weather
Regarding Dark Matter, new particles are suggested to comprise it, an addendum to the standard model. See https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supersymmetry Bottom line. We are only scraping the surface. It could very well turn out that there are more f
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by retired weather man @ 19/05/2019 08:13

WYNNUM NORTH ( 27.4S 153.2E ) - WEATHER DATE...19 MAY 2019 TIME..0805 CURRENT TEMPERATURE...16.6C CURRENT HUMIDITY........91% CURRENT DEW POINT.......15C CURRENT WIND DIR/SPEED..N 3kph CURRENT MSL PRESSURE...1028.5Hpa CURRENT VISIBILITY......15K
South Australia
so far most of a line west of cleve to victor harbour has been nicely trashed and everything east is in waiting mode. in naracoorte this weekend so not much happening here, if i was back at reynella i would have prolly spent the night somewhere ar
South Australia
Another 20mm , thats 49mm till 5.30 am this morning and still thunderstorms
General Weather
i debated batman. probs should have masterd him.
General Weather
Dark Matter or Magnetic?Electric Filament's stretching over Trillions of Km's ? "ON THE FORMATION OF DENSITY FILAMENTS IN THE TURBULENT INTERSTELLAR MEDIUMSIYAOXU1,2, SUOQINGJI3,ANDALEXLAZARIAN1Draft version May 17, 2019ABSTRACTThis study is motivat
General Weather
Originally Posted By: KnotAs we humans go about our daily business we have a general idea that the Earth rotates and orbits around that big 'gold doubloon' in the sky. But most wouldn't think about the fact that our sun orbits around the centre of th
General Weather
Originally Posted By: PetrosPosts of late have been fascinating. Thanks all who share. I'm not sure that a lot who read here really appreciate what is posted Petros. Many seem to think that it is an attack on the accepted Consensus of Climate Forci
South Australia
Its 12.04am and the third lot of fairly severe thunder storms and heavy rain this evening.....dogs terrified...
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Jimi @ 18/05/2019 23:48

A nice downpour here about an hour ago, though it looks better to the north and south
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Andrew-A @ 18/05/2019 23:22

Loving these oh so random showers this past 2 hours heavy at times! Approaching a massive 5mm on our desert island. Raining again now!
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Ben K @ 18/05/2019 22:48

Just had a nice little downpour here. Was great to hear that sound again!
Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >
Who's Online
5 registered (Timbuck, pete28, bd bucketingdown, ashestoashes, Homer), 50 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Akky, jade emperor_dup1, Seb
Forum Stats
29932 Members
32 Forums
24151 Topics
1525477 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image