Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
South Australia
Originally Posted By: willitrainagainOriginally Posted By: willitrainagainBuckland Pk back on...looks good Gone again Could go on for some time. Just like watching a kettle boil.
NSW / ACT
Wow, what a night in Canberra, spectacular lightning into the wee small hours. This morning there is some Cu around but looks clearer to the west. ACT looks like it will get the clearance ahead of the main cloud band, expecting 6 hours of heat, dust
NSW / ACT
The winds are southerly but there are low cumulus clouds moving from the NNE/NE. Must be an exceptionally shallow southerly.
NSW / ACT
Borrona Downs and Noona look to have beaten the record for highest minimum temperature at 35.6C and 36.0C respectively. Quite impressive for minimum temperatures.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Mike Hauber @ Yesterday at 06:33

Originally Posted By: Ken Kato Theres no doubt whatsoever that an index is really handy in terms of removing subjectivity but as mentioned in my previous post, its also vital to consider the context of the bigger picture its used in. For example,
NSW / ACT
Southerly? Well it isn't your average southerly that's for sure, I just woke to the warmest morning for a long time, 23c. Inside the house it's 26c, it's going to be a stinker of a day if the BoM is correct. There is little to no ground based wind,
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - Major Heatwave likely 10/01/19 - 20/01/19 by Blackacubra @ Yesterday at 06:09

42.2 degree top, yesterday. 40 degrees, expected today.
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting by Spark Hunter @ Yesterday at 02:36

A couple of strikes over Goolwa and a few over the Eastern tip of Kangaroo Island that were visible from Goolwa Beach. 4 very average photo's and it was all over.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Vinnie @ Yesterday at 01:23

If we weren't getting an average summer this year with the ridge, what sort of summer would SE Qld be having, would the 40 deg temps in NSW be in Queensland ?
NSW / ACT
oh thats amazing. Bankstown now gusting at 50km/h.
NSW / ACT
Wow talk about a phantom southerly, a gust of 41km/h recorded at Bankstown. Although a very warm one. Some solid storms on the Southern Tablelands and adjacent coast pockets of localised 10+mm falls with a peak of 36mm recorded at Mongarlowe. Would
NSW / ACT
That would just be the outflow from the storms down south, which are pretty persistent going well into the night. Cloud-wise could be touch and go tomorrow, also a small chance of high based storms in the west and also the Illawarra again. Should be
NSW / ACT
Southerly has arrived. Surely feels weird to have a southerly the day before a 45c day.
General Weather
I've just been looking through a few SST anomaly archives of previous years and one thing that stands out to me is how El/La-Nada we've been in since 2015. None since have really stuck. Last year and the year before were wannabe La-Ninas and this yea
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: Morham27 max record temps broken across nsw and act today. In hindsight, the settlement of Penrith is not looking like such a good idea. One big power outage in temps like this and we will see Nepean hospital mourge overflowing
NSW / ACT
27 max record temps broken across nsw and act today. In hindsight, the settlement of Penrith is not looking like such a good idea. One big power outage in temps like this and we will see Nepean hospital mourge overflowing.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by PlumbBob @ 17/01/2019 22:59

Showing some Precip now ? Oh what a feeling, - remember them - wet days ;-)
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: Steve777Originally Posted By: Jac0b...However with this year's heatwave, Obs Hill is only struggling to the high 20's under sea breezes. Quite intriguing. This is a very hot air mass, with 850 temps of 25-30 over wide areas, fr
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: Jac0b...However with this year's heatwave, Obs Hill is only struggling to the high 20's under sea breezes. Quite intriguing. This is a very hot air mass, with 850 temps of 25-30 over wide areas, from air that had been circulati
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: ashestoashesOriginally Posted By: Jac0b That 1896 heatwave must have been really hot for Coastal NSW as well - even Sydney Obs Hill had multiple days above 35, with 4 in a row in mid Jan. I think the only other time Obs Hill ha
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: Wave RiderLook at that sneaky southerly moving up the coast! Might spark some storms in this region if we're lucky. This southerly may also make it difficult for the coastal areas to build up heat tomorrow, if it's still around
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: Jac0bThat 1896 heatwave must have been really hot for Coastal NSW as well - even Sydney Obs Hill had multiple days above 35, with 4 in a row in mid Jan. I think the only other time Obs Hill had 4 in a row > 35 was also in Jan 19
NSW / ACT
Look at that sneaky southerly moving up the coast! Might spark some storms in this region if we're lucky. This southerly may also make it difficult for the coastal areas to build up heat tomorrow, if it's still around tomorrow morning. Hopefully the
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: Jac0b That 1896 heatwave must have been really hot for Coastal NSW as well - even Sydney Obs Hill had multiple days above 35, with 4 in a row in mid Jan. I think the only other time Obs Hill had 4 in a row > 35 was also in Jan
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Seabreeze @ 17/01/2019 22:03

I've looked to see how the current dry spell compares to previous ones during the summer-time along the NSW north coast. It looks like extended dry spells during the summer were more common before the mid 1950s and have been pretty much absent since
Page 9 of 33 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 32 33 >
Who's Online
9 registered (GringosRain, WANDJINA G'vale, Sillybanter, dknever, Moz, 4 invisible), 351 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Buzzy, Ol'Wobbly, taxdodger
Forum Stats
29775 Members
32 Forums
24064 Topics
1512489 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image