Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
NSW / ACT
Thanks, Blair. Such things are hard to find out. To kizz. My fitting is not simply "by eye". I try a harmonic curve with particular constants, and overlay it on the graph of data. I also make a difference graph. Then I try other constants, and furth
SE QLD / NE NSW
I am not sure if this is appropriate here, but I am out here in Texas for a week and see a sharp increase in the instability. We have one cell to our north and one to our south, just rumbling away! Getting quite dark too. Looking at the radar, the en
NSW / ACT
Note overnight run of ACCESS pushes it north again; so timing of the building high & ridge critical to keeping the convergence near us (and resultant rainfall).
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: CoastalStorm22Oops, missed this thread earlier. Well, the good news is the latest ECMWF weeklies is keen on a wet period between 23rd-30th. Cheers Coastal - would love to see some of those blue anomalies hey.
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: GringosRain Good time to be discussing, but probably Sunday before we get a real good level of certainty of the outcome. Probably EC current run is my pick. Access just seems too good to be true so dont want to get too enthuse
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ 20/04/2018 11:28

Thread started for the potential ECL next week peep's - get on it
NSW / ACT
Oops, missed this thread earlier. Well, the good news is the latest ECMWF weeklies is keen on a wet period between 23rd-30th.
NSW / ACT
When you have 2 large high's either side; 1005 is deep.
NSW / ACT
Sorry to be a sceptic but EC is only keeping the coast well watered, with only the Northern tablelands receiving only a reasonable amount inland with 40mm. Outside of that Katoomba gets 30mm, even within Sydney and I live 20-25km from the coast. Also
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by CoastalStorm22 @ 20/04/2018 11:08

Well, the good news is the latest ECMWF weeklies is keen on a wet period between 23rd-30th.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Access
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Blowin' @ 20/04/2018 10:55

I started a thread, based on a fair bit of model interest-particularly ACCESS G.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Word Association Game by J Pabo @ 20/04/2018 10:54

red
SE QLD / NE NSW
I’ll leave it to those with the expierince to adequately name and describe the potential set up, but there is a degree of “reliable” model agreement for a low/high interaction to push a lot of moisture onto the coast with upper level cool temps. Also
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: NRL Season 2018 by J Pabo @ 20/04/2018 10:53

Originally Posted By: ColdFront If the Rabbits play like tonight for the rest of the season they will be serious contenders come finals time. I can only hope! The Roosters/Bulldogs game was a great game to watch, even though I don't like either
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: NRL Season 2018 by J Pabo @ 20/04/2018 10:51

I'm all for referee's to penalise any player for indiscretion of play the ball and not being back the 10 metres. Yes, it is high to start of with, but this is the first time I have seen it being policed for more then the first game or two for the sea
Tropical and Central Australia
Fridge door was a little ajar in G'vale last night, noticeable coolish this morning SOI remains very high (for this time of year) - fore teller of what the MJO might be worth when it arrives? What date range is MJO phase 5 active in our area?
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by duckweather @ 20/04/2018 10:34

Hi folks. Detroit, Michigan, has come up with an M3.6 [shallow]. The line from the east of Canada [where I chatted about the St. Lawrence waterway through to Lake Ontario] has, in my mind, followed through and past Lake Ontario. Ironically, yesterda
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Cryptocurrency and Blockchain technology by J Pabo @ 20/04/2018 10:21

Why have a BitCoin when you can have a pocket full of whole coins? Sorry, I couldn't help it.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by grayarea @ 20/04/2018 10:19

Another 13mm overnight. 41mm so far for the last couple of days.
NSW / ACT
I know the NOAA normals have some form of smoothing but not sure exactly what. I did some work a while back which indicated that (for Australian data at least) a straightforward linear interpolation between monthly means worked as well as more compli
The Lounge
I'm a working class man! Your cultural tastes are most similar to a working class man, aged 40-59 with a vocational education. With some bizarre results when you compare the 3 areas to the "All". All Class Working class 10 Upper classes 5 Lower
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Blowin' @ 20/04/2018 10:09

I guess it all depends on the strength of the high and the depth of the trough to the south of the low? Looks like someone will get smashed if the high tilts it to the coast. Plenty of surplus energy out there...
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Locke @ 20/04/2018 09:56

Looks more likely to be Northern NSW to me. As a general rule these extended forecasts always seem to have a Northerly bias at long range.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Interview the person below you! by J Pabo @ 20/04/2018 09:40

A. We have plenty of wild birds in our garden, lorikeets, king parrots, sulphur crested cockatoos, white corellas, butcher birds, magpies, black currawongs, chough birds, crows, common mynas and noisy miners, various types of robins, sparrows and hon
Page 9 of 22 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 21 22 >
Who's Online
1 registered (wet sky), 311 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
MrMeh, outbackellis, snow more
Forum Stats
29543 Members
32 Forums
23882 Topics
1489358 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image