Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Delta-TI don't think you understand FFDs. If the temp doesn't plunge down you don't get thick ice. The result is a weaker refreeze and thinner ice more prone to melt in summer. And yet the red line stayed below the green which
General Weather
Originally Posted By: Delta-T "BTW your chart is in K not C." "Amazing how on that graph the green line is quite smooth while the red jumps around a bit..." Bin it? Not an unsurprising response... Indicates to me that there's plenty of manipulat
General Weather
I don't think you understand FFDs. If the temp doesn't plunge down you don't get thick ice. The result is a weaker refreeze and thinner ice more prone to melt in summer.
General Weather
Again check the blue line which is the freezing line. At the times where the volatility exists the temperature is never anywhere close to being above the freezing line.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Gleno , i was thinking the same thing re waterspout potential.
South Australia
I was wondering where everyone had got to on the forums. Disappointing people have not come back here always loved jumping on here and seeing how active it was.
South Australia
47mm at Coffin Bay in the last 24hrs incredible falls over there.
General Weather
"The biggest volatility seems to be in mid-winter when the temperature varies from very cold to extremely cold." That determines 'Freezing Degree Days' and that determines ice thickness for the next thaw. The extent of which is probably the largest
SE QLD / NE NSW
Add another 17mm since about midnight last night ... total so far for this event 232mm and we finally get to see the sun this morning for the first time in a few days. Is this over now?
South Australia
just a heads up to city peeps, I have a strong suspicion based on EC and ACCESS that the city wont see much today. So just a warning not to get hopes up. Def north and east of city should explode.
General Weather
"BTW your chart is in K not C." "Amazing how on that graph the green line is quite smooth while the red jumps around a bit..." Bin it?
General Weather
Remembering that the flat blue line represents freezing point. The biggest volatility seems to be in mid-winter when the temperature varies from very cold to extremely cold. With the paucity of measuring stations in that part of the world (and the
South Australia
Recorded 5.5mm until 715am this morning. A few rumbles during the afternoon but nothing substantial. Was watching a Rex flight banking towards us this morning and you could see it was being pushed rapidly to the west. I reckon the aircraft was point
SE QLD / NE NSW
48 mm to 0900 this morning bring this event now up to 115mm. I had a look at the SE Qld Dam levels before, not a great deal of inflow as Stormwalker has said, even the Gold Coast Dams aren't spilling yet - getting close but not yet. I suppose it show
SE QLD / NE NSW
Little bit of inflow into Somerset and Wivenhoe but minimal at this stage. We'd need to get another decent event in the coming weeks (before the ground dries out again) to really make any significant difference in dam levels.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Hi all , Had a nice 50mm over the last few days .With that bit last week starting to get green grass.
SE QLD / NE NSW
They'd be getting some, but I think most of this rain is on the coastal side of the catchments (at least for the BNE river anyway).
SE QLD / NE NSW
Are Brisbane's dams getting any of this rain? This event is similar to October 2010 except that there weren't big storms in the lead up to it.
SE QLD / NE NSW
24.8S 155.2E - slow movement ENE.
SE QLD / NE NSW
WYNNUM NORTH - WEATHER DATE..15 OCT 2018 TIME..0820 CURRENT TEMPERATURE......18.9C CURRENT HUMIDITY...........93% CURRENT DEW POINT..........18C CURRENT WIND DIR/SPEED.....ESE 7Kph CURRENT MSL PRESSURE......1018.0HpA CURRENT VISIBILITY........1
South Australia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCnJfF6q__E
SE QLD / NE NSW
Waterspout potential? Right conditions for it ?
Tropical and Central Australia
Yeah Hickory, crappy radar situation to shut one down.... I was just about to walk outside and start up the concrete mixer and a shower came through... Now I don't know whether to wait a while and see if it clears or take the day off and have a few
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by ozthunder @ 15/10/2018 09:05

The ocean water temperature around Shellharbour has risen 3C over the past 4 weeks in my estimate. No longer shivering in a full wetsuit. Other signs of the change, a fair bit of loose/dead kelp in the water - kelp does not like abrupt rises in teme
South Australia
Ep/West Coast certainly had the best of it last night, show of epic proportions constantly building and sliding down, unfortunately they kept spreading to broader showers and areas of patchy rain by the time they got near Adelaide as the focus point
Page 9 of 51 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 50 51 >
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 41 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
benny200, ChaseNZ, ptera, stormymick1, ThunderstormZ, typhoonbeach
Forum Stats
29681 Members
32 Forums
23978 Topics
1500542 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image