Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Homer @ 17/08/2018 16:37

Yep. Very sad.
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by duckweather @ 17/08/2018 16:19

Hi all. Yes Mad Elf. Energy has been bouncing around the minor faults around that general location. A couple/few have come up in a more 'major' fault as well. I personally feel that energy from the south has become snagged in that location and the e
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by logansi @ 17/08/2018 16:15

Yep just horrible news
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Giant High Pressure Systems by petethemoskeet @ 17/08/2018 16:02

Just reading about the Hadley cell and wondering how much influence this circulation is contributing to our current weather.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Mega @ 17/08/2018 15:59

Originally Posted By: NotsohopefulPeteYes, it seems some models are really trying to change the current pattern, but always right at the end though. Keyword trying. I find the tighter the grip that a dry pattern has on us the harder it is for the m
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by petethemoskeet @ 17/08/2018 15:53

Very sad news.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Giant High Pressure Systems by Sillybanter @ 17/08/2018 15:32

I actually see it different. I think the westerly belt is higher than usual(further north as indicate by SAM) which is squeezing the high pressure belt into a long week belt of high pressure that sits east to west over Australia. IMO when the polar a
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by BIG T @ 17/08/2018 15:27

i'd be stunned and elated if it comes off.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Mike Hauber @ 17/08/2018 15:16

Something to look at in the models at least. Small low in coral sea at 24 hours as well. Does nothing, but better to see it there than out past New Caledonia. Then a low over southern Qld with a strong moisture feed from the Pacific. Fabulous if
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by logansi @ 17/08/2018 15:16

Firefighting chopper just went down at the Ulladulla fire, based on previous cases it will be counted as an 'Offical bushfire Fatality' and to my knowledge will mark the earliest bushfire fatality for the SE states in recorded history obviously this
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by NotsohopefulPete @ 17/08/2018 15:10

Yes, it seems some models are really trying to change the current pattern, but always right at the end though.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by tsunami @ 17/08/2018 15:04

Woop woop Latest bsch has good rain out west And some for thd coast Hope like hell it holds Farmers need somthing And my rain tank is dry as a bone
Events
Jump to new posts Re: Setting up a home weather station (S.A.) by macbenoy @ 17/08/2018 14:59

The Australian Meteorological Association is holding its next meeting on Tuesday evening 21st August 6-7:30 at the Weather Bureau in Adelaide. Of interest to home weather station enthusiasts is the establishment of a special interest group. The ass
General Weather
Looks like there are some big movements in the Indian and Pacific Ocean just in the past 7 days. Hopefully we see a rapid knock to a negative IOD as others have stated the weather systems will just just be dry westerlies if we don't get any tropical
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by ozthunder @ 17/08/2018 14:34

Putting aside the obvious climate references (please)..this article has a footprint of the October 1968 Illawarra fires. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-17/dr...longer/10132570 Scary beyond belief it it were to happen again. I am old enough to
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Ken Kato @ 17/08/2018 14:13

Originally Posted By: LaniThat's really interesting Ken about the warmest 10% of August temps. It looks to be followed by -1 to -3 for our area for most of next week. Going to be a cold week. I recall the last couple of Septembers being very cold as
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Lani @ 17/08/2018 13:08

PS at Tsunami, in our Area (Jimbour) we always go colder than the BOM says. So if they say -3, we can look forward to -4 or -5 usually. Better collect more wood on the weekend!!
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by Lani @ 17/08/2018 13:05

That's really interesting Ken about the warmest 10% of August temps. It looks to be followed by -1 to -3 for our area for most of next week. Going to be a cold week. I recall the last couple of Septembers being very cold as I keep trying to decide wh
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Giant High Pressure Systems by Eigerwand @ 17/08/2018 11:35

Originally Posted By: SillybanterI probably won't add much to help you here but for me this winter is more about the strong frontal systems continually rolling across the southern ocean. This is highlighted by very wet conditions around the SW expose
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins by rain gauge @ 17/08/2018 11:20

After many drop outs the NBN guy turned up here. It was working at the time and he the said the problem is the modem is old technology, the modem is 18 months old. Its also the second NBN modem because of similar problems with the previous one.. I'm
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins by ozthunder @ 17/08/2018 09:23

Originally Posted By: MegaAn update to our situation. Dropouts have increased even further since the last time I posted. Been on the phone with Aussie Broadband who I have nothing but good things to say about. They tried getting NBN to investigate w
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by ozthunder @ 17/08/2018 09:20

Originally Posted By: MegaEC has downgraded massively this afternoon. What a surprise !
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: August 1998 Wollongong Floods by ozthunder @ 17/08/2018 09:19

Originally Posted By: Kinoozthunder - wasn't the '98 event the one that caused the landslip on Mt Keira? I actually think it wasn't, but the whole northern suburbs was on landslip alert after the floods - streets in Austimer and Thirroul. I had a m
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins by Mega @ 17/08/2018 09:12

An update to our situation. Dropouts have increased even further since the last time I posted. Been on the phone with Aussie Broadband who I have nothing but good things to say about. They tried getting NBN to investigate who rejected the claim and
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Giant High Pressure Systems by pete28 @ 17/08/2018 08:56

Originally Posted By: Chris StumerIf this pattern persists into spring and summer, it's going to get very hot because the sinking air in the high pressure system will trigger compressional heating and add to that clear skies, it's going to make for b
Page 9 of 19 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18 19 >
Who's Online
12 registered (cold@28, Homer, Petros, Lee@Hazo, pete28, A sunshower, DaveM, gleno71, Mike Hauber, 3 invisible), 353 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
JEFF.H., LaLa, Matt Pearce, Squirel2000, TJK1974, Traveller Steveo, Watcher@Tmba
Forum Stats
29631 Members
32 Forums
23945 Topics
1495953 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image