Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Trough with embedded lows Nov 20-23 by chasers addict @ 7 minutes 27 seconds ago

Tonight into Tomorrow SES will busy with falling trees
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by ashestoashes @ 16 minutes 4 seconds ago

I'm keen for the 00z EC update, but going off the 12z EC run, you would struggle to call it a dust storm in our area. Originally Posted By: SeabreezeFrom the NSW Office of Environment & Heritage, the 4 thresholds the BOM uses for dust are - Moderat
South Australia
Casual 132km gust at Neptune Island. BoM still has the warning as 90-100km. Asleep at the wheel much, they need to upgrade it to destructive, even if it is only isolated coastlines getting destructive winds ( thus far).
SE QLD / NE NSW
Speculation that Sydney might get a dust storm with the front: https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act...16c00f3afd080c5 If it eventuates and they get it, you'd think we have a good chance too.
World
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 Doppler Radar Loop for the US: by ozone doug @ Today at 14:04

Thanks wet snow .That was interesting
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Stratospheric sudden warmings (SSWs) by CoastalStorm22 @ Today at 13:32

Given the time of year I'd say the current warming is the final warming before the vortex breaks up for summer? I have also noted the ozone hole is in a state of rapid decay now, which is not all that unusual at this time in Nov, however what is inte
General Weather
Significant water vapour (leftover from the MJO passing) currently streaming into Aus from the NNW into outback QLD/Central NSW - the storms will be severe and widespread in those states today, also the huge low pressure system(s) are arriving into S
South Australia
Had 1.0mm until yesterday morning plus another 5.9mm until this morning, so fairly happy with that
Tropical and Central Australia
Feeling positive about this round of activity. Also looking like we could see another round of activity following the heatwave.
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by Snowies @ Today at 10:48

69mm is a good effort! 30mm at home for us. Not sure what the weather's next move is, good for the rest of today, some rain about the north coast - heavier in the NE tomorrow. Heavy rain in the east and SE on Friday? BOM10 day and GFS like it, but
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: NRL Season 2018 by scott12 @ Today at 08:56

Gee times sure have changed since I was a young, single guy...all this hooking up via social media and Tinder and in the heat of the moment when a girl said "eat me" they didn't mean it quite so literally..!..... I can understand why the woman was
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by retired weather man @ Today at 08:29

WYNNUM NORTH - WEATHER DATE..21 NOV 2018 TIME..0725 CURRENT TEMPERATURE......23.6C CURRENT HUMIDITY...........67% CURRENT DEW POINT..........17C CURRENT WIND DIR/SPEED....N 14kph CURRENT MSL PRESSURE......1011.8HpA CURRENT VISIBILITY........30KM
General Weather
Originally Posted By: GringosRainA mathematical method for predicting solar cycle activity has been discovered. This lecture is really worth watching. The scientist/presenters accent is a little difficult at times, but that should not stop anyone wa
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Streamflow Observation by Seira @ Yesterday at 21:43

Originally Posted By: SeiraOriginally Posted By: SeiraLooking forward to some rain before the end of the month. 500-1000 mb thickness looks likely to fall towards 540 dm (from ~ 576 dm) late Tuesday into Wednesday . The mean sea-level barometric p
Jump to new posts Re: Top End NT Build-Up - November 2018 by Werner K @ Yesterday at 10:54

Great pic, Jacci. Thanks for sharing.
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Dry Season - 2018 by Vinnie @ 19/11/2018 21:59

Looks like a winter weather chart from Thursday/Friday onwards with a low/cold front to the south...
SE QLD / NE NSW
Itís not exactly SEQ but I was out (further) west for work today and there were/are a few intense storms operating between Morven and Mitchell. Drove straight through one and had to slow down to about 40 as it was a near white out. Not quite black c
40c is the early forecast max for Monday next week. Record is 41c in 1971, def a chance to break it.
Who's Online
15 registered (mysteriousbrad, willitrainagain, Mad Elf #1.5, Moz, TrentG, Nic_Bri, Mcbobbings, StormQueen, Jimi, chasers addict, Timbuck, red earth, davidg, 2 invisible), 122 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Chris #3, Cloudwatcher, dave-tsv, GuyH, Joshg, Prettybub, s016230, Sprouts
Forum Stats
29700 Members
32 Forums
24005 Topics
1502939 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image