Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
NSW / ACT
BoM has "severe" in the forecast for CT's
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Climate Driver Discussion 2019 (Enso, IOD, PDO ,SAM etc) by Mike Hauber @ 4 minutes 18 seconds ago

Passage of MJO into Indian Ocean zones 2/3 seems to correspond quite closely to a renewed surge of trade winds, even though MJO strength is pretty much at minimum. Passage back to West Pacific looks to be very quick, compared to last passage through
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting by *jr* @ 17 minutes 47 seconds ago

Is the big 50 in danger today? Or the all time high? Stay tuned folks.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: 2018/19 Fire Season Update and Discussion by logansi @ 52 minutes 41 seconds ago

Yeah looks that way right now but take it with a grain of salt this far out. I do think that when ever this heat gets completely pushed out of the state we are likely to see a spike day. Risk of storms on the ranges today so hopefully they are wet o
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Will we see 50 degrees celsius again in Australia by Blair Trewin @ 58 minutes 10 seconds ago

Cook's record is 48.7 in 1973. Suspect it might have been a bit too far west for the peak of the action this time round (as it was in 1960); Forrest's highest during this event has been 45.3.
Victoria
A cooler 19C minimum here last night, calm sunny 29C her now, seems strange that we are only to get to 32C today, must be a seabreeze calculated to arrive earlier?
Tropical and Central Australia
Facebook's memory thing tells me that 2 years ago on the 17th it was very hot here in Rocky and Yeppoon, in the 40's in Rocky . mid 30's in Yeppoon.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by retired weather man @ Today at 08:19

WYNNUM NORTH - WEATHER DATE..16 JAN 2019 TIME..0715 CURRENT TEMPERATURE......26.4C CURRENT HUMIDITY...........64% CURRENT DEW POINT......... 19C CURRENT WIND DIR/SPEED...NNE 5kph CURRENT MSLP PRESSURE....1014.7Hpa CURRENT VISIBILITY........35
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: POSTIMAGE - step by step guide. by Steve777 @ Today at 08:12

A very useful guide Eddy. Re size, I find 640 x 480 (for message boards) a good fit. You can always preview your posts before submitting to see how the picture looks.
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Jump to new posts Re: QLD Tropical Cyclone Season 2018/2019 by Simmo FNQ @ Today at 07:19

Hahaha DU. We best start building an ark then.
44mm overnight. 170mm so far for the month.
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by MOUNTAIN h2o @ Yesterday at 23:42

About to have a new record set for the number of days above 20c on Friday. Previous was 25 in row in 2013. Looking at that being extended way past the old mark with nothing 20 c or under in 15 day forecast. Still 20c here in the Hobart burbs @ 11:4
Non-weather Photography
Jump to new posts Re: Spring/Summer 2018-19 Non-weather Images by slipperyfish @ Yesterday at 22:01

Probably 1990 Eddy. I moved north in ‘91 and have only returned a few times since then. Thinking of heading down this year if time permits. I have been told the place has changed a lot.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: Anomalies by Steve777 @ Yesterday at 21:06

Not familiar with the area but you can get all sorts of variations in temperature under a thunderstorm. Wind tends to keep temperatures warmer overnight. Some places are just warmer than others, for example local hilltops tend to be warmer overnight
Lot promised yesterday but little delivered . RAINFALL BULLETIN NORTHERN & EASTERN FORECAST DISTRICTS Issued by the Bureau of Meteorology, Perth on Tuesday, 15 January 2019 for 24 hours to 9 am today KIMBERLEY:
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Jump to new posts Re: WA Tropical Cyclone Season 2018/2019 by desieboy @ Yesterday at 15:10

Tropical Cyclone Outlook for the Western Region Issued at 2:00 pm WST on Monday 14 January 2019 for the period until midnight WST Thursday 17 January 2019. Existing Cyclones in the Western Region: Nil. Potential Cyclones: There are no tropical l
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by kizz @ Yesterday at 14:06

Badgers is back from Xmas & NY holidays. I wonder where it went.
Rain showers this morning. Naff all in them though. My rainfall total is like watching paint dry. Pissed off that after 7 days of amber alerts the most rain in one day was 11mm, 6mm on another day 4 days later and nothing in between.
NSW / ACT
Great storm video Ozthunder. --- I thought I'd again post state rainfall totals for the past week, which leave of the end of the previous event. The following covers the period 9:00 January 7 - 9:00 yesterday 14th. I checked the dates this time It
Weather Photography
Jump to new posts Re: Far southern hemisphere from space by Mega @ 14/01/2019 22:02

holy crap
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: AWS Sites in Australia - photos and descript. by Blair Trewin @ 14/01/2019 21:32

Probably not so much urban heat effects (although they exist) as the site being several kilometres further from the sea - so maxima are warmer (especially in summer) and minima are similar or cooler for the most part. There seem to be some interest
Southern Western Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Perth and WA day to day weather by desieboy @ 14/01/2019 19:09

It was a fairly good year in the Midwest to South East for rainfall in the last 6 months even though a few areas were up to 30% below average for the year. Considering what a dry year does bring in rainfall its usually all good if you get about
Victoria
Originally Posted By: PetrosThe LLC is STILL in NW Vic, currently around Birchip going by the SatIR, after our near 2mm in drizzly showers early this morning, we had a humid 28C day with breezes pulsing from all over the clock as storms arrived/brewe
Who's Online
10 registered (Mr Buzle, kyrae, Sidney, LonnyDave, Mike Hauber, Dipole, red earth, Petros, kizz, 1 invisible), 283 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Geoff Young, Mattqldstorms, Richey, Starwood
Forum Stats
29774 Members
32 Forums
24062 Topics
1512041 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image