Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Victoria
Pics from yesterday. IMAG0344[1] by Alex, on Flickr IMAG0345[1] by Alex, on Flickr IMAG0347[2] by Alex, on Flickr IMAG0349[1] by Alex, on Flickr IMAG0350[2] by Alex, on Flickr
Weather Photography
Jump to new posts Re: Spring Weather Images 2017 by Steve777 @ 36 minutes 44 seconds ago

Nice pictures Eddy and Skytl. Jacaranda season has another couple of weeks to go, with the greenery pushing through the purple. Here's a beautiful Jacaranda still in full bloom in a park in Windsor, with random shopping trolley:
SE QLD / NE NSW
Lol Ken, that was serious patchy rain haha. I just thought the heavier rain was predicted to be inland (further inland than my place but I was hoping anyway) and on the radar there was a huge band of rain right down the south east coast. I was kind o
Agricultural
Jump to new posts Re: Chewing Straw - Over the back fence. by Seira @ Today at 19:55

Originally Posted By: SeiraReports of up to 60% loss of some fruit types from Adelaide Hills Orchards on ABC News after a hail storm ripped through the region recently. In a local paper now, so for real.
NSW / ACT
Just looking at the satpic and NSW composite radar again. VERY interesting. I'm wondering if we're in for another round in the early hours of the morning.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Australian Politics by ColdFront @ Today at 17:30

I have no issue at all with their choice to block supply to SSM clients provided it is public knowledge so that others having conventional marriage but support SSM have the right to NOT use them if they choose.
Tropical and Central Australia
What are those models saying for next week HF?
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Best Paid Weather Sites? by Snowy Hibbo @ Today at 15:41

Originally Posted By: KevDAnd another free one - ECMWF long range data to be freely available on this site 5 days after it goes to paid customers - expect update on 11th each month, and you can zoom into Australasia. Easy access plumes on there too
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting by willitrainagain @ Today at 15:40

35mm in the gauge when I arrived home from mildura, compared to the 72mm which fell at Dareton (across the river from mildura)on wed afternoon/evening. Closed all the golf courses in the area on Thursday.
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by Stale fish @ Today at 14:26

Afternoon all, Sitting in the boat on Bronte Lagoon, reading all the interesting weather facts! I think it will break the record as Hobart has been up to 28.3 degrees all ready up on the forecast 27. Looks warm - hot again in the following 14 days. W
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Warwick Eye2Sky @ Today at 13:43

Thanks Squeako, right under my nose, lol.
A few storms forming yesterday ....Fitzroy had 95km/hr winds during a storm which came over town yesterday . RAINFALL BULLETIN NORTHERN & EASTERN FORECAST DISTRICTS Issued by the Bureau of Meteorology, Perth on S
Southern Western Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Perth and WA day to day weather by desieboy @ Today at 12:20

More fairly widespread light rain in the south west yesterday with the passing front. Extended up as far as the north west as well.
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Build Up - November 2017 by bundybear @ Today at 10:11

Drizzly rain this morning. Of course I have a clothes line full of now wettish washing that was dry when I came home yesterday but was too stuffed to bother to bring in. I also left all my clients work clothes I washed for him on his line. They w
Non-weather Photography
Jump to new posts Re: Nature & Landscape Videography. by joesk @ Today at 08:05

I'm lucky that several of my camps in the ranges of the Scenic Rim in South East Queensland, I share with the large and silent Greater Glider. In this particular camp I'm extra lucky as it is also home to two of the white morph of the gliders
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Atmospheric Rivers by Wave Rider @ Today at 07:13

I reckon there would definitely be places in the world that exceed 10,000mm and they just aren't recorded. Places that get constant westerly trades come to mind such as near in the west of NZ as mentioned. Milford Sound gets over 6000mm per year and
General Weather
Originally Posted By: ColdFrontOriginally Posted By: Kino Not sure what Sierra was on about tbh. Me neither. No convergence ,no trough. The context of the original question was not clear to me. Nor the origin of the information in the question a
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Word Association Game by Wet Snow @ Yesterday at 19:48

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Interview the person below you! by Wet Snow @ Yesterday at 19:45

A: I like Monopoly & Scrabble. Q: What nostalgic thing would you like to see again?
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by duckweather @ Yesterday at 10:04

Hi folks. We just had a small rattle here. Something was registered on the Narracan seismo within the last 20 minutes. The birds went quiet and there was a small rattle in the door and cabinet next to me. Will see if Geoscience records any tremors f
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: World Cup - Russia 2018 by J Pabo @ Yesterday at 09:28

Soccer has in the past been more of political football here in Australia then it has been now. I still remember teams having an ethnicity to them in the NSL. Sydney Olympic (Greek) Sydney United (formerly Sydney Croatia) Marconi Stallions (Italian)
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: SA - Storms / Rainband Nov 14-15 2017 by Seira @ 16/11/2017 23:03

Enough water in the gutters that I needed to jump over them a decent half yard or more to get somewhere... , and by the sounds of it, not isolated to the hills.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Steve777 @ 16/11/2017 22:32

The outlook for Summer wasn't what I was expecting: temperatures in our part of the world average with a small tendency to above average, rainfall average to a little below: Summer Outlook See also: Unusual climate mix baffles experts
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Where do these maps come from? by Greenyellow dawn @ 16/11/2017 22:19

I think more to the point, they are great overviews of the entire country's temperature trends, and when a number of them are placed into a sequence, it gives us (wherever we may be in the country) a good oversight of where heatwaves and coolspots ar
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Streamflow Observation by Seira @ 16/11/2017 13:56

24-hour falls to 9 am, 16th of November: widespread 25-100 mm, 10-24 mm see Bureau map.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Who's Online
10 registered (T.rex, Simmo FNQ, ashestoashes, StormQueen, Ruckle, bundybear, 4 invisible), 249 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
heathc, kgb007, Michael M
Forum Stats
29401 Members
32 Forums
23725 Topics
1468904 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image