Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: SA - Heat burst ahead of Low Pressure System Dec 17 - Dec 20 2017 by Ryan Hothersall @ 9 minutes 37 seconds ago

Been a hot humid day here in Gulfview Heights. Max temp was 35.3c just after noon. Still 33 at 9 PM. Barometer is 999.1 hPa.
NSW / ACT
Yes booming thunder for hours now manly to the west of me there are storms in a long line just west of me moving NE,no measurable rain here yet.
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by duckweather @ 28 minutes 23 seconds ago

Hi folks. On watching the busy recent quake activity north of Australia/western Pacific, and just in my opinion, this activity seemd to follow on from the several tremors which came up on the southern part of our continent. Remember I said I thought
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Namarrkun @ Today at 19:59

Nice bit of colour in tonight's sunset...taken on my tablet just before
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - more Heat 15/12 - 21/12 by aussiestormfreak @ Today at 19:10

Reached a top of 36.6C here in Belgrave today. Mostly sunny, although the increasing high cloud acted as a bit of a suppressant to the hot, muggy conditions. Currently around 28C and overcast. Our corner of Melbourne stands to earn around 5-15mm f
Southern Western Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Perth and WA day to day weather by desieboy @ Today at 13:54

A warning from BOM this morning . Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology Western Australia TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST Severe Weather Warning for DAMAGING WINDS and DAMAGING SURF For people in South Coastal and parts of South West
Tropical and Central Australia
A few storms fired up around the Kimberley yesterday with a dissipating trough. RAINFALL BULLETIN NORTHERN & EASTERN FORECAST DISTRICTS Issued by the Bureau of Meteorology, Perth on Monday, 18 December 2017 for 24
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Kino @ Today at 12:43

Plenty of ACCA's right across the Illawarra today....straws crossed we finally get a decent storm.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Australian Cloud Cover by ozthunder @ Today at 12:11

Originally Posted By: lemonrevWE have had 2 solid days of no cloud being in Australia and today its like we have had this solid cloud there for almost 3 days.. How does one express a level of interests when things like this happen ? if you are lo
General Weather
The SOI has dropped back to neutral levels now and with big negative daily values it probably won't be long before it goes negative. A lot of farmers will watching it nervously.
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by DaveM @ Today at 09:29

Gee really looking at Hobart temps for the coming week and wishing I was back there
Huge difference to last year in rainfall. I briefly looked in our rainfall book and we are over a metre of rain here for the year so far.
had some coastal showers overnight, very coastal on the ESE flow. if only it changed just that little bit for once. monsoon not showing signs of kicking in until second week of January, lean pickings until then. Not going to be the worst Decemeber on
Best we can do out here is a bit of cloud that doesn't look like it will bring any rain at all. Just looks pretty.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Old Snow Photos In Hunter Valley. by Grant @ Yesterday at 11:52

Just thought I would bump this thread back into action to ask if anyone has any pictures of snow in the Broken Back Range at all?? This area is the range just west of Cessnock & has several peaks above 600m ASL. This range has quite a bit of elevat
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting by Thunderstruck @ 16/12/2017 23:33

Monday night the next chance and prob a better chance than the others given this time we have stronger dynamics at play, better shear right through the profile providing huge lift, very intense uplift from the size of the jet through the mids and upp
Victoria
Originally Posted By: JarekHello, My location is now updated Take care! Great! Looking forward to your involvement.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: (FUN) Post your Xmas 2017 Weather Predictions by paulcirrus @ 16/12/2017 15:46

Try to say the location first so here mine: Brisbane : Afternoon storms with a top of 29. Some maybe severe. Also a chance of storm xmas eve. Just looking at the charts it maybe a very interesting period from the 23 to boxing day, does look good.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Word Association Game by Gad @ 16/12/2017 11:16

Contented
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Atmospheric Rivers by Seira @ 15/12/2017 23:58

Originally Posted By: FlowinFor ARs or AR like features i am looking for precipitable water movement tropics south to mid latitudes. My understanding is it is more complicated that just looking for precipitable water. I think what might be sought is
Victoria
Christmas Eve/Christmas day look to be cool, cloudy with light SW'ly breeze going by the "way out there GFS prediction". If someone starts a thread for Christmas speculation, ...then they'll get a "Merry Christmas" wish from me!
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: 2017/18 Victorian Bushfire News and Discussion by ThunderBob @ 14/12/2017 23:15

Next Tuesday (19/12) has the potential of a very bad day: temperature and wind. It might be that the timing is a positive factor with peak wind and the front crossing most of Victoria before peak potential heat.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Melbourne & Victoria day to day weather by Petros @ 14/12/2017 18:47

Very hot night at my flat-roofed house, a few rain splats this morning (less than a trace) followed by a partly cloudy windy westerly 26C arvo. Anyone up to starting a Christmas day weather thread? - to me (reference: GFS fantasy-land outlook) ..l
World
Jump to new posts Re: Mena, Arkansas Weather by Wet Snow @ 14/12/2017 16:14

Hello Blair & All: Yes, that really doesn't surprise me, as our monthly raintotals lately have fallen off the face of the earth. For climatological Autumn/Fall (Sept. 1-Nov. 30): In that time, Mena has officially recorded 3.66"/92.9mm of rain (0.39"
Weatherzone Q and A
Jump to new posts Re: Where has Churchill, Canada gone? by ozthunder @ 14/12/2017 12:38

Originally Posted By: Blair TrewinYou can still get information for Churchill, or plenty of even colder places in Canada (Rabbit Kettle is a personal favourite), through http://weather.ec.gc.ca. Thanks for link
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Who's Online
10 registered (bd bucketingdown, TrentG, Sidney, vjknight, Mick O'Halloran, aussiestormfreak, Skysthelimit, Purnong, Ryan Hothersall, 1 invisible), 285 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Jade, STORM CAZ, StormChasinJason, ^Lem^
Forum Stats
29444 Members
32 Forums
23760 Topics
1472325 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image