Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Hopefull @ 4 minutes 7 seconds ago

Thanks Timbuck Fascinating Sport. Today reminds me of my Pre-teen years in the sixties when we would fly kites we built ourselves over Riverview Park in South Lismore We lost a few in the river in those incredible westerlies of that era.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Wet Low impacting Tuesday 15th-Sat 19th Aug. by Ruckle @ 12 minutes 50 seconds ago

Some wet flakes in amongst the squally rain shower we just had.
General Weather
In 2016 there was so much heat left over from the El Nino that La Nina couldn't form and the effects of the El Nino were felt right through to early 2017. Once all the left over heat has been dissipated, a La Ninalike pattern could form.
NSW / ACT
Originally Posted By: SidneyOriginally Posted By: MorhamAny snow forecast for katoomba tomorrow? Might head up! Love this bone chilling wind!! Sure would be cold enough but tommorow would also be bone dry. Chances are slim to none. Early morning y
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: Minimum temperatures at Goulburn by Kino @ Yesterday at 23:44

Originally Posted By: SeiraOriginally Posted By: KinoOriginally Posted By: SeiraThe whole point my involvement in this thread was to take adjustments with a grain of salt. Others can make up their own minds, whatever they want to believe, whatever bi
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by ozthunder @ Yesterday at 21:58

Originally Posted By: Kino https://vimeo.com/230087169 Quick video of 50 knot gusts with an interesting vorticity coming off the lake just to my right! Check it out, any thoughts what it is??? Defin associated with a savage increase in winds. Anyo
Tropical and Central Australia
I think the dry season has finally arrived!
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Australian Politics by Red Watch @ Yesterday at 21:47

Originally Posted By: RCThey were not born in Australia Mega, that is the difference. Some commentators even think they jumped the gun and should have sought clarification. But being senators they knew their role would simply fall automatically to
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: SA - Series of cold fronts August 16-19 2017 by betsuin @ Yesterday at 20:49

Originally Posted By: StormCaptureI should make it as only need 5.8mm Well the next one looks a little promising - GFS as well:
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: Possible low snow 7th August 2017 by Cheers @ Yesterday at 20:37

Yep, my mistake !
A massive amount of dry air will enter eastern Australia during the weekend. We should feel it here on Sunday morning. Will be interesting to see how much it affects temperatures. Going for 30 tomorrow ahead of the change.
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by Stale fish @ Yesterday at 14:37

Have sleet ATM with some nice snow flakes. Still to warm temp 3.7 degrees but heavy showers
Jump to new posts Re: W.A Kimberley and Pilbara Dry Season - 2017 by Blair Trewin @ Yesterday at 10:47

The new Halls Creek site is much cooler at night than the old one (which was more elevated), especially in dry air: average differences so far this month are tracking at about 3.5 degrees.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: NRL Season 2017 by hickory @ Yesterday at 01:05

Originally Posted By: ColdFrontOriginally Posted By: hickory Both Henry & Hayne have 2018 contracts, but it would be heaps cheaper on the Titans purse to flick Henry than Hayne. Pretty sad outcome when money rules above commonsense in "sport" I'd
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Dry Season - 2017 by Vinnie @ 17/08/2017 11:25

Rocky must be looking like a dustbowl with this weather. Some very very low humidity coming on the weekend. Probably as low as 5 percent for Rocky.
Weatherzone Q and A
Jump to new posts Re: New feature - Weatherzone Layers by jim @ 17/08/2017 11:04

Hi there. Firstly, congratulations on the site overall and Layers in particular; the great work continues. Weatherzone has become an integral part of my daily routine for many years now. A while back somebody pointed out that clicking on "location" w
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Streamflow Observation by Seira @ 16/08/2017 23:31

Also...the surface barometric pressure is behaving in a declining fashion, reminiscent of a transition from the Southern Spring into Summer...which clearly cannot be the case because Summer is usually characterised by lower, more frequent surface pre
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by duckweather @ 16/08/2017 19:47

Hi folks. The EQ activity has been a bit all over the place at the moment. There seems to be a generalized affect across the globe at the moment too - meaning the regular locations for quakes are coming up - e.g. Japan, Alaska, Indonesia [including
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Space travel coming soon. by Mathew @ 16/08/2017 14:20

This is an good idea. >> KFC Kentucky Fried Chicken launches chicken sandwich into space. http://img.usmagazine.com/article-leads-...b39377ad7c3.jpg
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: SA - NW Cloudband August 15th 2017 by Thunderstruck @ 16/08/2017 12:01

12.6mm to 9am this morning to go with 4.6mm yesterday. System total = 17.2mm TS
Southern Western Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Perth and WA day to day weather by desieboy @ 16/08/2017 11:45

Rain tapering off yesterday nether less to say some good falls still around with the strong westerlies which just keep blowing across the paddocks.
World
Jump to new posts Re: East African Weather by T.rex @ 15/08/2017 21:42

Hi Blair and Michael, Thanks for your replies. I am very familiar with life in East Africa, having lived there myself for 18 years, before coming here to Oz in 1984. You are right, the Nov Dec rains are the "Short Rains", and the "Long Rains" are
Weather Photography
Jump to new posts Re: Winter Weather Images 2017 by EddyG @ 15/08/2017 21:28

IMG_4251 by Eddy Groot, on Flickr
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW / ACT - Possible future events by davidm @ 14/08/2017 20:44

Forecast still looking good for CTs on Friday and Saturday, but Access-G is showing bugger all rain around then. GFS is very positive on precip, so will be interesting to see what wins out.
Victoria
Reached a partly cloudy top of 17.3C on Friday arvo here in Belgrave, and it stayed dry until showers arrived during the evening and again early on Saturday morning. I collected 3.1mm in total in the 24 hours to 9am on Saturday. On Saturday it ran
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Who's Online
4 registered (Homer, Ronfishes, Hopefull, Colin Maitland), 297 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Blinky_Bill, Blue Sky, cmonrain, hydzy79, Simon Clarke, V8R
Forum Stats
29343 Members
32 Forums
23661 Topics
1458656 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image