Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT Heatwave burst Jan 18-23 2018 by Knot @ 4 minutes 2 seconds ago

Agree about the el ninoesque weather at moment Gringo. Hmm. Drivers we don't fully understand I guess. Oceanic circulation and water salinity maybe. I have posted the following excerpt from a 2005 article by an Australian glacier boffin named Burrows
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Jump to new posts Re: QLD Tropical Cyclone Season 2017/2018 by Chris Stumer @ 19 minutes 43 seconds ago

There is also a big blocking high to the south which should steer anything west.
Tropical and Central Australia
6mm here, wouldn't want to be a forecaster atm lol.
Victoria
Woken up at 730 with big fat rain drops on the roof. Few drops since. Wind back to ENE and temp 28.4c DP 10.6c.
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by yep @ 46 minutes 17 seconds ago

It used to be rare to get a 40-degree day in Tasmania. Maybe not so much anymore, BOM is increasing the chances by adding more sites to its network. But I think its still exciting to see a place go down to a 40-degree day especially older places. Ina
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2018 by NotsohopefulPete @ Today at 07:27

An extraordinary week. A massive outbreak of extremely dry air over most of eastern Australia starting last Sunday and just now only starting to return to sort of normal.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Observations of climate variation by Seira @ Yesterday at 23:46

Originally Posted By: SeiraAdmin and moderators, you have some serious coding glitches on this forum...and it's not the first time! This is not a criticism, but it does need to be sorted out.
General Weather
yes Mega, having same problem with this page. all screwed up.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come by Petros @ Yesterday at 20:37

...well that was wrong for N Central Gippsland, we had 2 weak/high based storms brew up here this arvo. Looking at the models for next 7 days or more, seems like a ground hog repeat of the current synoptic?: Persistent humidity from the NE, storm
models tonight are taking it all away.....
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Snake Spotting by ColdFront @ Yesterday at 17:34

Nice little specimen on my deck this morning. Must be something in the air today as I have seen 3 different goannas and this little guy.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: 2017/18 Victorian Bushfire News and Discussion by logansi @ Yesterday at 15:40

CRESWICK-NEWSTEAD RD SMEATON escalating rapidly, make tankers 20, more strike teams and more air support. Requested Large Air Tankers but they are on deployment to NSW.
This is the driest start to the year since we moved here 8 years ago and as dry as any of the older locals can remember, lucky we got that rain in spring. Next week is looking promising, as the forecast rain is getting closer not staying on the 7th d
Weather Photography
Jump to new posts Re: Summer weather images 2018 by ColdFront @ Yesterday at 11:02

Cheers mate.
Weatherzone Q and A
Jump to new posts Re: Fire danger on local Wx pages by logansi @ Yesterday at 09:54

The BOM version takes account of Drought Factor and KDBI which use recent rainfall and temperatures to work out how dry the bush and grassland is. The WZ number assumes worst case.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Wunderground by kizz @ Yesterday at 09:24

I was still getting connection time-out errors when uploading archive data until just recently. Seems to have finally been fixed on Jan 18. By archive data I mean the 5 or 10 minute updates your software sends to WU as opposed to the rapid fire uplo
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Wave Rider @ Yesterday at 09:24

Originally Posted By: Rainbow SpiritOur nearest BoM site, Horsely Park got down to 13.1c this morning, what is powering this hot days/cool nights situation? Low humidity, clear skies but most importantly, very light winds to allow the temp to drop.
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: South Australian and Adelaide day to day forecasting by willitrainagain @ Yesterday at 05:27

Raining here
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Jump to new posts Re: WA Tropical Cyclone Season 2017/2018 by Sepo @ 19/01/2018 20:48

Later runs seem to be suggesting something similar to Hilda, Joyce path. It's funny this year how the models from a long way out suggest big systems heading west and maybe with a Pilbara / Gascoyne recurve but as they get closer they adapt to the rid
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Wet Season - January 2018 by bundybear @ 18/01/2018 21:20

Originally Posted By: VinnieThe weather is so boring, SE or E winds for the next 7-10 days .. at least... any idea when the next big rain event is? I know there will be rain in a week or so here. I saw jetstreams/contrails today.
World
Jump to new posts Re: Mena, Arkansas Weather by Wet Snow @ 18/01/2018 20:34

Hello Folks: I've done some research, and here are the instances of below 0F (-1F/-18.3C) or lower minimums in Mena, Arkansas: Year (numbers in parentheses are the Days in that year of Below Zero F minimums): 1895 (2); 1899 (3); 1903 (1); 1905 (1);
General Weather
Interesting. I don't know a lot about climate models but I have done a lot with water flow dynamic models. I have seen the water modelling (hydraulics) industry over the last 30 years attempt finite element modelling (not good for flow over land),
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Atmospheric Rivers by Flowin @ 18/01/2018 13:50

And another AR like event for NZ at the moment. Shows up well on MIMIC-TPW http://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/mt...4hrs&anim=html5 And media reporting it as "a river of sub-tropical air" http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objec
Jump to new posts Re: Top End NT Wet Season - January 2018 by Werner K @ 18/01/2018 11:20

very quiet on the thread compared to last year... Anyway, I'll be in Darwin 28/1 to 2/2. Anyone interesting in going stormchasing should there be any storms about?
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins by ozthunder @ 18/01/2018 09:59

Originally Posted By: ColdFrontYep spot on. But don't worry, Malcolm Turmoil will ensure that all the advice to stop rolling out fftn by pretty much every expert in the industry is ignored. There is one such expert on the news today suggesting fib
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Who's Online
8 registered (Knot, aussiestormfreak, mysteriousbrad, davida, gberg, zobubble, 2 invisible), 305 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
C74's Wife (aka Cher), Hakatere, krammy
Forum Stats
29471 Members
32 Forums
23796 Topics
1476669 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image