Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Tropical and Central Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Far North Queensland Dry Season - Cardwell Northwards - 2017 by Raindammit @ 18 minutes 8 seconds ago

Thanks for all your kind thought guys. She's going to be very sorely missed, my little furry soul mate. Brett, it was just old age and possibly cancer in the end. She had a few tumours cut out over the years (including some in her eyes) and the vet
Jump to new posts Re: North Queensland Dry Season - Cardwell to Bowen - 2017 by Raindammit @ 23 minutes 48 seconds ago

Thanks for your kind words! Yes, Bilyana is pretty much back to how it was before Yasi, you'd never know that a cat 5 had shredded the place. The rapid rate of regrowth never ceases to amaze me in the wet tropics.
NSW / ACT
Still waiting for it to get here to Cooks Gap. The satellite is starting to look pretty chunky though out towards Wellington and Dubbo. Hopefully we'll get some useful falls out of it. Hope you took your jacket with you Reills
South Australia
Originally Posted By: rstewart84It seems that mother nature has finally banished the pesky season that is winter back to its lair for another 6 months going by the last few days of pre summer like conditions including the 3 days in the high 20's and
SE QLD / NE NSW
Originally Posted By: Steve OWhy is it that we go straight to blaming people and not look at what was observed and discuss that. Dont think calling people out is the right thing. All these people have contributed alot we all look at things differentl
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2017 by Mad Elf #1.5 @ Today at 22:14

AccessG is now more keen than GFS on reasonable precip for SEQ on sat. GFS takes it over the border.
Victoria
I guess we try again next week for a proper storm day.... need some flashes at night...... Need some new lighting shots haha
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Word Association Game by wet sky @ Today at 20:05

grill
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: What is it with the big blue dot....... by Oakdean @ Today at 19:59

Agreed to all, it used to be a little red dot, and that was fine, please can you change it back weatherzone?
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Streamflow Observation by Seira @ Today at 19:24

Originally Posted By: SeiraRun-off Observations 48-hours out: Axis of heaviest falls approximately Mcilwraith-Bundaberg QLD -- Major Flood Warnings Issued (Bureau)! Falls exceeding 350 mm Kolan Catchment [since 9 am 15th of October]. Potentially 50-1
World
Jump to new posts Re: Mena, Arkansas Weather by Wet Snow @ Today at 18:34

Hello Folks: Here's previous weeks' weather in Mena, Arkansas: (Sorry for delay, I was waiting for some official temperature readings to become available). DATE........HIGH.........LOW.........RAIN Oct....8..87F/30.5C..58F/14.4C..--- .........9..89F
Jump to new posts Re: Central Queensland Dry Season - 2017 by Vinnie @ Today at 17:09

Looking at the OzForecast site and hard to believe , but at the moment they are predicting 37 deg Rocky, 34 deg Yeppoon next Friday.
General Weather
I realise you're trying for a "gotcha" moment; but surely once Lan moves NE, as progged, it will be cut-off from cross-equatorial flow, the monsoon trough and atmospheric focus will return to the equator. The usual ocean currents, the Kuroshiro curre
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by EddyG @ Today at 14:38

Yes that sea breeze is fast becoming a sea gale again!! I've just thrown a bag of after graze on my lawn, so hoping for at least 10mm.
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by DaveM @ Today at 14:35

Indeed Yep - spot on. Sadly Swansea Bicheno etc often so very dry as we know. Being on the leeward side of the island does not induce regular precip. They BADLY need an east coast low type of event. Most people on the mainland would NEVER believe
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: General Notes on Psychology! by Seira @ Yesterday at 21:10

!!!
General Weather
Originally Posted By: yepHobart 20c...August 19 25c...October 5 30c...October 29 35c...January 6 40c...January 11 Thresholds so far reached in Hobart 2017.. 20c...September 3 25c...October 17 30c...October 18
Marine
Jump to new posts Re: Crocs by Kino @ 17/10/2017 23:22

http://www.mygc.com.au/human-remains-found-inside-crocodile-far-north-qld/ Jax gone missing?
Typical will be going on holidays 19th Dec. It will pour no doubt then.
Southern Western Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Perth and WA day to day weather by desieboy @ 17/10/2017 13:19

Some good widespread falls in the south west from the low/front that came through yesterday. Also some very strong onshore winds arrived yesterday along the coast ....Rottnest had a 93km.hr NW and down at Cape Leeuwin they had a 96km/hr gust .
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by duckweather @ 17/10/2017 09:53

Hi folks. Yeh, saw that Petros when it came up on the maps - to register as tremor value shows how powerful these bombs must be. The one prior to this which registered M5+ had me nearly shaking my head off my shoulders. Let's hope we don't see any m
Victoria
Yes very odd one, going to be a challenge over the next few warm days. Hotspots from satellite were picked up in the area so I suspect it was burning overnight but not detected until morning
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Melbourne & Victoria day to day weather by ThunderBob @ 16/10/2017 16:25

Sunny mild day. Very little, variable, wind though a hint of easterly sea breeze at time in the arvo. A little convection apparent from some build-up of convective clouds over the mountains.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Once again enough please and go to the proper thread
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: WH2900 Fine Offset Wx Station Review by allbeef @ 15/10/2017 09:23

Hey There Just after a quick question regarding this station. I have one also and when it is connected to the internet is seems to change the time from the correct time in Australia to 10 hours ahead. I have checked my WIFI router time and it is co
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Who's Online
5 registered (exmouthmum, Warwick Eye2Sky, gberg, Skysthelimit, Mad Elf #1.5), 267 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
bradmac, Eager2beastormchaser, Go The Cows, Roland
Forum Stats
29382 Members
32 Forums
23699 Topics
1465469 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image