Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
SE QLD / NE NSW
Sure it wasn't Sam Campbell? He's one of the forecasters in the centre who you'll often hear during the crosses.
Tropical Lows and Cyclones
Jump to new posts Re: Tropical Cyclone Oma (15P) - Coral Sea - February 2019 by Inclement Weather @ 8 seconds ago

Yes, shear has completely cleared after last night's encroachment. It has plenty of time to reorganise itself. The only factor that would throw a spanner in the works is the dry air entrainment, but it's still able to draw moisture from its NE quadra
Tropical and Central Australia
Surprisingly, we got 10mm in the two brief showers we caught. 23.7C 74% humidity
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: SEQLD / NENSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Rod H @ 47 minutes 41 seconds ago

Spokesman for BOM just on ABC Radio news stating TC Oma has changed course and is now heading for the Brisbane's north Coast . Looking promising for substantial rain on SE Coast. Lets hope so.!
38.9c for me today, I've moved down into Koongal from Norman Gardens in recent weeks. Looking at 39c tomorrow again, might nudge 40c. Keeping an eye on OMA, some models showing she may move up into our neck of the woods next week.
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW Day to Day Weather - 2019 by Steve777 @ Yesterday at 21:52

Just been outside for the first time in a few hours. There's drizzle and light rain, the roads and footpaths are wet, the TV towers pierce the cloud deck and it's about 20 degrees. Chatswood has clocked up a millimetre so far. Total rainfall foreca
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Lake Eyre Incoming by betsuin @ Yesterday at 21:32

19 Feb '19
Originally Posted By: marakaiOriginally Posted By: Red WatchOriginally Posted By: marakaiAs a reminder here is the outlook from BOM for the start of the wet season for Northern Australia Climate outlook for January to March Issued 20 December 2018
General Weather
Generally the WWB is not as strong as GFS suggested it might be, however the current chart does have some impressively strong westerlies near 160E. I am puzzled as to why the current WWB is not able to drive more of the subsurface warm anomalies f
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Observations of climate variation by Beltane @ Yesterday at 13:07

A study has revealed what south-east Queensland's rainfall was like over the last 7000 years -- including several severe droughts worse and longer lasting than the 12-year Millennium Drought. The article can be accessed below: https://www.scienceda
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by duckweather @ Yesterday at 11:09

Hi folks. Well I have been watching one seismo only. This is the one in Victoria at Leon Mow's site - here I know it is locally focused on Victoria, but it is one I watch for when I feel there may be signs of energy coming into Vic, SA and NSW or
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Atmospheric Rivers by Steve777 @ Yesterday at 09:46

So a NW Cloud Band would be an example of an 'Atmospheric River'.
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: winter help by Tassiebound @ 18/02/2019 20:21

thanks for your help Snowies.I plan on retirement or semi retirement. i have been to the Antarctic and the cold didn't bother me its only when its windy and cold does it become uncomfortable .. thanks again for your reply good health and good wealth
World
Jump to new posts Re: Mena, Arkansas Weather by Wet Snow @ 18/02/2019 19:35

Hello Wonderful Friends: Here's previous weeks' weather in Mena, Arkansas: DATE.......HIGH........LOW.........RAIN Feb..10..44F/6.6C...32F/0C.....1.10"/27.9mm .......11..52F/11.1C..44F/6.6C...1.70"/43.1mm .......12..50F/10C....34F/1.1C...0.10"/2.5mm
Tasmania
Jump to new posts Re: What's happening in Tassie? by Snowies @ 18/02/2019 13:21

Nice pic PH! The weather has certainly done as 360 since the back end of Jan. Yeah LD, probably a bit on the boring side for the next week or two but looks like it might start to heat up again as well, early next week could be a return to consisten
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: Melbourne & Victoria day to day weather by chasers addict @ 18/02/2019 10:14

Two hot air balloons crash land in Melbourne , that's becasue they don't check weather as trough line across Victoria have two wind direction between North and South.
Must have been some light show.
General Weather
When I first heard the electric theory it made way more sense than what I was taught at school.
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: FV3-GFS by Flowin @ 18/02/2019 07:40

I noticed this morning that the FV3 model is now available on Meteologix. Good to have some access to it on a page where the map area can be changed. https://meteologix.com/au/model-charts/gfs/1602-e-268-s/sea-level-pressure/20190217-2100z.html
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Losing faith in the BoM by marakai @ 18/02/2019 00:53

Urban island effect ?
South Australia
Buckland Park is fine on the BoM site, but acting up on WZ
Victoria
An Indian Summer?
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: QLD Hammered by betsuin @ 15/02/2019 21:52

Originally Posted By: LearjetAlready had most of the hardware as I chase C band FTA TV satellites. All I needed was the IP receiver. Very impressive! I'd love to see a write up on your set up.
SE QLD / NE NSW
The onshore showers overnight brought 5.0mm in the 24hrs to 9am here. Port Macquarie (13.8mm) and Dorrigo (28.2mm) had their wettest days so far this year.
South Australia
Jump to new posts Re: SA Heatwave Jan 22nd-25th by macbenoy @ 14/02/2019 13:04

The Australian Meteorological Association has a public meeting next Tuesday Feb 19 discussing Home Weather Stations. The Bureau's climatologist Darren Ray will also be covering our recent heatwave. This is a great opportunity to discuss with Darren
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Who's Online
34 registered (Inclement Weather, NotsohopefulPete, Adaminaby Angler, pkgjmg, mysteriousbrad, Nature's Fury, Ahab, Dipole, petethemoskeet, Mcbobbings, Sillybanter, Dawgggg, Flowin, DexterB, Jajang, SnowedIn, mammatus meestrus, Mike Hauber, Blowin', Stephen, Warwick Eye2Sky, slipperyfish, Salty, Mad Elf #1.5, james1977, kizz, Warmfront, CraigA74, Robbie Shenton, Rawhide, Rod H, 3 invisible), 239 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Darren J, freshy, roves, Summ3r
Forum Stats
29839 Members
32 Forums
24092 Topics
1517643 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image