Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Rain moving in intersecting directions by Ken Kato @ 22/03/2017 16:47

Originally Posted By: David FindlaySo that explains the strong convection that's coming in from the north east. Why is there also wider bands of rains coming from the north west? I understand that the wind higher is more from the west. Is the rain th
NSW / ACT
Jump to new posts Re: NSW/ACT day to day weather by Goody @ 22/03/2017 13:05

Storm Front has passed through my location at Yathella between Junee & Wagga Wagga this morning dumping 30mm in an hr. Still raining lightly now but clearing. Rainfall since 9.00am at Wagga does not reflect the Storm that went by the City leaving 30
General Science
Jump to new posts Re: Earthquakes by duckweather @ 22/03/2017 11:45

Hi teckert. Yes, the southern part of our continent is active atm.. Mount Gambier was an interesting tremor and Mount Barker. I reckon there may be more movements to come. Will see what happens. Now you think I am a silly old Duck saying this, but
Weather Photography
Jump to new posts Re: Live Weather Streaming and Tracking - Worldwide by TracknWatch @ 22/03/2017 11:20

If anyone is interested there is going to be some great streaming video of severe weather in the USA as we move towards the weekend. Tornados predicted and whilst its not OZ wether it still shows the power of mother nature. You can watch at www.tra
Tropical and Central Australia
Jump to new posts Re: Top End NT Wet Season - March 2017 by tropicbreeze @ 22/03/2017 08:26

We've got a real Clayton's monsoon on now and GFS shows swirls or eddies developing in it. But I think that's about all they'll be. The MJO is pretty well indiscernible and there's nothing else suggesting any ramping up of the season.
South Australia
I hear Galaxyman the last few months have been dissapointing
Weatherzone Q and A
Jump to new posts Re: Can't log in to main WZ site by Pooley72 @ 21/03/2017 22:30

Originally Posted By: ozone dougGood work guys . +1 to that
The Lounge
I thought my membership had finished. signed up with new CC hopefully get a refund
Weatherzone Q and A
Jump to new posts Re: The Sydney Radar lost good zoom :( by MikeV @ 21/03/2017 17:20

The BOM radar station at Captains Flat (the main radar for the South Coast, Southern Highlands, and ACT regions) has been off-air since the 19th. Not sure how the BOM system works, but if they use a networked grid of all the radar stations, then that
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: American politics by rain gauge @ 21/03/2017 12:04

I wonder who'll be at the top of that criminal activities card at the end of Cult45's reign?
NSW / ACT
I'VE PUT UP A NEW TOPIC FOR THIS UNFOLDING SETUP. Please post comments re this event in there
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Cyclone formed off NSW? by BIG T @ 20/03/2017 17:14

there was a low bombed big time, albeit on a meso scale right off ballina feb 22 2013. the strip from ballina up to alstonville copped winds from 100k - 160k for a few hrs in that one. creeks had an almighty wash.
Victoria
Jump to new posts Re: 2016/2017 Bushfire season by samboz @ 20/03/2017 13:53

And my information is that they still haven't back burnt off the Wonnangatta Rd, oh well
Victoria
1 or 2 mm in Box Hill. This isn't the main event though, it's just the pre frontal rain.
SE QLD / NE NSW
Jump to new posts Re: Australian Weather Watchers Wanted by TWEEDSTORM @ 20/03/2017 09:51

Sorry my apologies was meant for S E Qld forum
South Australia
Thread up for this weeks event... http://forum.weatherzone.com.au/ubbthrea...ate#Post1413465
Non-weather Photography
Jump to new posts Re: Avian Photography - Australian Native Birds by ozone doug @ 19/03/2017 17:09

Wow ,Some really great photo's here ,Wish i had the knack lol.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: There are no humour threads by Jax @ 19/03/2017 11:08

A long drought it is too Yasi, the last drop fell in 2014 and that was a year after the one before it. Was the climate change thread still going then I wonder? Maybe that's where the not-so-easily-offended people were going for laughs until it was sh
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: NBN Woes, losses and wins by ozthunder @ 19/03/2017 09:51

First major FTTN NBN test over last week as we have had a deluge of rain. Verdict - fail. Speeds at times back to slow ADSL. On Friday night was constantly buffering a 0.7GB Poxtel stream. Outside peak and in ideal weather it works well, but this a
General Weather
Jump to new posts Smart Weather Alert System in your pocket by jrswiss @ 19/03/2017 06:42

Hi We are a small team of weather enthusiasts and offer 2 free PHP Scripts for your Weather Station. Both scripts monitors a weather station of your choice and will inform you via email as soon as one of weather conditions alerts previously set appli
Marine
Jump to new posts Re: Coral Bleaching by Locke @ 18/03/2017 22:42

Just returned from a week of diving off Cairns. Saw some evidence of bleaching still but certainly not extensive and no worse than last year. Spent most of the week on Milne and Flynn Reefs and from what I saw, I'd estimate 5-10% severe bleaching. Ma
General Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Streamflow Observation by Seira @ 18/03/2017 20:06

Originally Posted By: Seira14th to 24th of March, 2017: Potential Key features:This potential [cut-off] system is capable of gaining more latent energy from the tropical north (Broome-GOC-NE QLD-NSW), intensifying pressure and temperature gradient at
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Oroville Dam update by Hanrahan @ 18/03/2017 16:12

They open the spillway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQe0J5NLLT4
New Zealand
Jump to new posts Re: New Zealand Weather by pete28 @ 18/03/2017 13:43

I often wonder whether the region around Mt Cook (above 3000m) would be the snowiest place on earth with an absolute MINIMUM of 12,000mm of precipitation a year and at least 90% of that falling as snow above 3000m through the year that would indicate
Weather Photography
Jump to new posts Re: Digital V Film...Which is better? by Foehn Correspondent @ 17/03/2017 23:15

Interesting discussion. There was an article on the ABC website recently about a Brisbane film processor and the resurgence of film. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-25/film-is-not-dead-film-photography-resurgence-brisbane/8210526 Greg
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Who's Online
34 registered (Jezza, Maclaw, Rayala, Locke, Weary, Sbv72, nooty, Ms.Weatherfreak, WANDJINA G'vale, Red Watch, TrentG, paulcirrus, Dan101, Steve O, FNQ Bunyip, Ticktock, Popeye, Squid, Lissi, RAINALI, hanksy, ol mate, E-J, raincheck, Stormwithin, Steve777, MoonLight, zuldjan, sharjay, Jesse24, Aussea, 3 invisible), 507 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
crazyhorse, mario, Stupot uk, weathermegs
Forum Stats
29145 Members
32 Forums
23556 Topics
1442528 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image