NOTICE!

The Weatherzone forum has now closed and is in read-only mode until the 1st of November when it will close permanently. We would like to thank everyone who has contributed over the past 18 years.

If you would like to continue the discussion you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter or participate in discussions at AusWeather or Ski.com.au forums.

Page 52 of 99 < 1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 98 99 >
Topic Options
#1300370 - 17/01/2015 21:41 Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come [Re: Petros]
samboz Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Sale, VIC
WATL saying 1-5 mm on Wed.

#1300447 - 18/01/2015 08:02 Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come [Re: Petros]
adon Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Not tellin!
Originally Posted By: Petros
ASF, they way I read it, GFS (only model updated atm) shows us getting grazed by frequent frontal systems crossing/grazing Vic in the 8 day outlook, but nothing screaming storms at me on the current run.

HK's got into my head, I'm going to sneak a slab of beer into a suitcase and catch a train with him to Mildura for a dose of warm weather and to get our share of the record global temperatures we are told we're presently experiencing. If we get kicked off at Ararat, then we'll hitch-hike to Darwin.

Good luck on the train to Mildura.......it stopped about 15 years ago! My suggestion would be rabbit flat. Plenty hot enough to satisfy any Melbourne temperature whingers out there.

Gotta giggle at some of the comments re temp in the last few weeks. If you are after summer heat might be best to move somewhere that actually gets hot......

#1300462 - 18/01/2015 09:58 Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come [Re: Petros]
doogasnow Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: traf/moe south 410m asl/west &...
Cold up here this morning,11c and some light showers to go with that.

So much for the hotter and dryer summer?? Its def colder and wetter imo
Still plenty of time left yet, but im starting to think we may escape a bad fire season this year,looking at the charts over the next 7 days there are no real high temps,but also the possibiliy of more rain in the coming week. smile

#1300470 - 18/01/2015 11:03 Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come [Re: adon]
Lucy Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Lilydale Victoria Creswick Vic...
Gotta agree with you Adon, some people just like to whinge, whatever the temp. is up or down, never seem to be happy for some reason or another, I am loving the current weather over the past few weeks and week ahead, also love living with the reduced bushfire risk, and being able to go out in the garden and do something productive instead of WATERING and looking at my beloved plants struggle in the excessive heat waiting for some relief......
Lucy

#1300471 - 18/01/2015 11:06 Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come [Re: Petros]
Dawoodman Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Thoopara; Prossie/ Bayswater
I went to north QLD to get my heat fix grin

Please cue up some interesting weather upon my return.... I'm putting an order in for a supercell outbreak or a Cat 2 Cyclone poke

I still can't believe that you guys have only had one real warm spell so far. I wouldn't rule out a bad fire season yet doogasnow..... the grass will be growing well, and it wont take much to dry out, and then become a fire issue...grass fires can be intense.

Maybe we just have to be a little more patient......something I have been saying to myself since the end of 2012

#1300501 - 18/01/2015 13:11 Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come [Re: Lucy]
doogasnow Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: traf/moe south 410m asl/west &...
Originally Posted By: Lucy
Gotta agree with you Adon, some people just like to whinge, whatever the temp. is up or down, never seem to be happy for some reason or another, I am loving the current weather over the past few weeks and week ahead, also love living with the reduced bushfire risk, and being able to go out in the garden and do something productive instead of WATERING and looking at my beloved plants struggle in the excessive heat waiting for some relief......
Lucy

Yeah agree lucy,its been great not having to stress (so far)about bad fire days and bushfires thats for sure!:)
It is probably now 60/40 green over dry,so if we can some how get even 5mm a week then that would just about do?

#1300510 - 18/01/2015 13:44 Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come [Re: Petros]
Tempest Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Summer is far from over, Feb and March to come guys.

#1300519 - 18/01/2015 14:15 Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come [Re: Petros]
Hells kitchen Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: SE Failbourne
Well Lucy I like my summer heat and storms. You have the vast majority of the year here in Melbourne to enjoy wintry weather while comparatively us heat/storm lovers have a very limited few weeks for it, so I am well within my rights to complain when we get cold overcast stormless dross in summer thankyou very much.

I'm sure the second we get a day of 35 or 40C you'd be harping on about it as if it was a nuclear reactor meltdown. You should join the AWF, they are all allergic to summer and vilify those that like it, you'd fit right in.

Edited by Hells kitchen (18/01/2015 14:18)

2nd worst storm season on record. Fizzers as of Dec 2014: 30/11/14, 1/12/14, 3/12/14, 15/12/14, 29/12/14, 3/1/15 (worst fizzer on record), 8/1/15 (STW issued for light rain), 20/1/15

Thunderstorms since July: 3

#1300552 - 18/01/2015 14:58 Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come [Re: Petros]
adon Offline

Loc: Not tellin!
HK before you start picking at others, just take a look at your own little sign off under your posts. Basically a huge whinge! Ask said earlier, if you want heat, what are you doing in Melbourne? The place is renowned for having multiple seasons in a day, so instead of bemoaning others who are enjoying the weather Melbourne is known for, find a nice place where the temp is more to your desires, Ethiopia would suit you quite well.

Edited by adon (18/01/2015 14:59)

#1300567 - 18/01/2015 15:28 Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come [Re: Petros]
Tempest Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Right now I'd exchange Melbournes weather for ours for a week or so, very oppressive up here atm.

#1300571 - 18/01/2015 15:34 Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come [Re: adon]
Hells kitchen Offline
Weather Freak

Originally Posted By: adon
HK before you start picking at others, just take a look at your own little sign off under your posts. Basically a huge whinge!

Actually, it's simply an observation of what is happening this summer.

Quote:
Ask said earlier, if you want heat, what are you doing in Melbourne? The place is renowned for having multiple seasons in a day, so instead of bemoaning others who are enjoying the weather Melbourne is known for, find a nice place where the temp is more to your desires,

What am I doing in Melbourne? Let me see:

-School
-Work
-Friends
-Family
-Accommodation

So it's okay for others to bemoan and pick on me when I want proper summer-like weather? Lucy has been guilty of this and all her reinforcements rush to her aid spruiking unsubstantiated claptrap and accusing me of being "insenstive" among other things simply because I express enjoyment of heat in summer. At the same time, it's perfectly acceptable for the mm bean counters to enjoy and hope for flooding-levels of rainfall. One poster on the AWF actually said "bring it on". Pathetic and hypocritical.

Quote:
Ethiopia would suit you quite well.

A chippy comment if there ever was one.

2nd worst storm season on record. Fizzers as of Dec 2014: 30/11/14, 1/12/14, 3/12/14, 15/12/14, 29/12/14, 3/1/15 (worst fizzer on record), 8/1/15 (STW issued for light rain), 20/1/15

#1300572 - 18/01/2015 15:35 Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come [Re: Petros]
aussiestormfreak Offline

Loc: Melbourne (Belgrave); Corryong...
Hear hear Adon! HK we CANNOT afford any more extreme heat! Unless it's accompanied by tropical humidity, heavy rainfall, and storms it is not welcomed! Remember that people like myself, Lucy, Doogasnow, and Darkhazord must live with a dangerous bushfire risk each summer. Please be mindful of that. mad frown

#1300585 - 18/01/2015 15:51 Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come [Re: Petros]
Hells kitchen Offline
Weather Freak

Then move somewhere where there is no bushfire risk.

If people find it fit to tersely tell me to move.....

#1300605 - 18/01/2015 16:17 Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come [Re: Petros]
Wave Rider Offline

HK, in all honesty, maybe it isn't a bad idea to move, even if it's just temporary. Maybe next summer will be better in Melb. smile There's no point staying at a place that hate to the point of insanity. Chase your dreams and go to Mildura or somewhere else that compensates for your heat desire! smile Obviously if work or family is getting in the way, you may not be able to.

Also when a bushfire event gets to an extreme state like Black Saturday 2009 and Ash Wednesday 1983, it's not just as simple as saying "move where there is no bushfire risk", because almost everywhere in Victoria is bushfire prone in such large scale events.

#1300619 - 18/01/2015 16:40 Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come [Re: Petros]
aussiestormfreak Offline

Loc: Melbourne (Belgrave); Corryong...
Thanks Sea-Mist. Yes it's not that simple for us Victorians who live in fear of bushfire HK! frown

#1300621 - 18/01/2015 16:45 Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come [Re: Wave Rider]
Hells kitchen Offline
Weather Freak

Originally Posted By: Sea-Mist
HK, in all honesty, maybe it isn't a bad idea to move, even if it's just temporary. Maybe next summer will be better in Melb. smile There's no point staying at a place that hate to the point of insanity. Chase your dreams and go to Mildura or somewhere else that compensates for your heat desire! smile Obviously if work or family is getting in the way, you may not be able to.

Also when a bushfire event gets to an extreme state like Black Saturday 2009 and Ash Wednesday 1983, it's not just as simple as saying "move where there is no bushfire risk", because almost everywhere in Victoria is bushfire prone in such large scale events.

I dont "hate" Melbourne as a city, just hate its weather. I do plan to move sometime this year but really do have to finish off my course first. Looking at the forecast puts me off even Mildura right now! I've always been fond of the coastal climate from Sydney northwards with the mild-warm summer low temps (even in southerlies) and adequately warm summer days with some heat blasts every now and then.

Just really, really ticks me off when I get constantly ragged on for wanting some decent summer weather while at the same time others getting excited over several hundred mm of flooding rain is perfectly okay. I just don't understand this mentality. Then I get accused of "whinging and whining" by certain people, but if it were to heat up, the very same person(s) would be constantly harping on about it, spuiking all sorts of hyperbole and fear mongering.

Edited by Hells kitchen (18/01/2015 16:51)

#1300642 - 18/01/2015 17:25 Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come [Re: Petros]
Wave Rider Offline

This summer has just been crap for Victoria. There's no two ways about it. You can only hope that you have better weather next season. Last year we had the worst storm season ever and no heat. There was nothing we could do about it. But at least we have plenty of sunny days and no particularly humid ones that season.

You've gotta look at the positives HK- At least there have been no lives lost this season from bushfires or floods (that I know of). That's a good thing.

And to everyone- You guys have to realise your differences; many like the cool weather and some (notably HK) like the heat. That's okay because everyone has different opinions and tastes. The variety of people and their preferences on this forum is one of the things that makes it great. Differences are a normal part of life. If you guys don't come to terms with your differences and accept them, this Victorian forum could turn into $**ť. I don't want to see that happen...

#1300649 - 18/01/2015 17:45 Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come [Re: Petros]
Dawoodman Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Thoopara; Prossie/ Bayswater
I agree with sea mist.... deal with your differences, there aren't a lot of people in the vic thread that post often.... don't drive them away with BS about who like certain weather... Gotta keep on topic

I like severe weather....people don't like my views, so what I come to a weather forum to learn and talk about said weather. ASF shouldn't get up me if I look forward to a fire danger period... I'm with the CFA and while dangerous I'd like to put what I have learnt into practise. But nor should I get up him for wanting mild weather.

we are all interested in the weather so rather debate what preferences we have, why don't we talk about possible events to come?

This year, so far is shaping up to be milder than average but remember, we have Feb, March... I do hope we can snag at least 1 or 2 more severe storm outbreaks...

No more S*** posting please.....

#1300651 - 18/01/2015 17:49 Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come [Re: Petros]
ThunderBob Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Sarsfield, East Gippsland, Vic
Whether the weather be fine,
Or whether the weather be not,
Whether the weather be cold,
Or whether the weather be hot,
We'll weather the weather,
Whatever the whether,
Whether we like it or not.

#1300652 - 18/01/2015 17:50 Re: Vic - discussion on possible events to come [Re: Petros]
ThunderBob Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Sarsfield, East Gippsland, Vic
or ... if you prefer .... en Espanol ...

Que esté bueno el tiempo,
O que el tiempo no lo esté,
Que esté frío el tiempo,
O que caliente esté,
Sobreviviremos al tiempo,
Esté como esté el tiempo,
Que nos guste o no.

Page 52 of 99 < 1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 98 99 >

Moderator:  Lindsay Knowles, stormygirl 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 44 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
chejian, Dusty Dervish, pogonantha, scott12
Forum Stats
29947 Members
32 Forums
24194 Topics
1529247 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image