NOTICE!

The Weatherzone forum has now closed and is in read-only mode until the 1st of November when it will close permanently. We would like to thank everyone who has contributed over the past 18 years.

If you would like to continue the discussion you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter or participate in discussions at AusWeather or Ski.com.au forums.

Page 153 of 154 < 1 2 ... 151 152 153 154 >
Topic Options
#1502399 - 08/07/2019 11:30 Re: Earthquakes [Re: tsunami]
Knot Offline
Weatherzone Addict

I signed up for AWF. Haven't checked email to see if approved. The CD weather EQ section is comatose. The one in the General section which obviously predates the one created by Kino in the WZ refugee section didn't even get a post from a U.S based member about the recent quaking in Nevada and Californeyeaye. Which pretty much says it all. I'll go anywhere that a good, relatively patronised thread kicks off in. Cheers

#1502400 - 08/07/2019 11:41 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
Knot Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Actually a canadian poster mentioned the cal earthquaking yesterday. The previous post to that was back in late June. There is a little banter happening in there at moment. Maybe some more Aussies from here could take a peek and post and put some Aussie vitatlity in. Remember, you have to rego to navigate CD.weather. A draw back yes. http://cdweather.boards.net/thread/1624/earthquakes

#1502412 - 08/07/2019 14:06 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Knot]
cold@28 Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Chillagoe
Originally Posted By: Knot
Remember, you have to rego to navigate CD.weather. A draw back yes. http://cdweather.boards.net/thread/1624/earthquakes

I'm not interested in signing up for anything where I can't see what I'm signing up for.

I'd suggest register with AWF and ask in the welcome thread they've got for us WZers if they'd mind an earthquake thread in the Lounge?

They made a number of changes to accommodate us between the time I first looked, and later went back to join up.

Edited by cold@28 (08/07/2019 14:07)

#1502414 - 08/07/2019 14:45 Re: Earthquakes [Re: cold@28]
Knot Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Can see your point cold@28 for sure

#1502458 - 09/07/2019 13:25 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Knot]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Wantirna, Vic
Hi folks.

It has been feeling a little strange around here this morning. There is an eerie silence and I thought I felt a tiny few vibrations through the floor. Maybe nothing of course, but went and had a look at a Vic seimso [Leon Mow's] and there has been some sort of activity on there for the last hour or so.
If this 'activity' is not related to Vic, it may be something coming up from the south of Oz or potential movements to happen N, NE, NNE or E of Oz..??? But one of the spikes looked like it was locally [Vic] produced.
I may be very wrong here and there could be another explanation for the jiggle on the seismo....

We'll see.

Cheers, Duck.

#1502467 - 09/07/2019 15:50 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
Knot Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Good vibrations. My seismo hasn't jiggled for awhile he he

Edited by Knot (09/07/2019 15:51)

#1502488 - 09/07/2019 17:36 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
BIG T Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Albany Creek , QLD
Wifey much preferring the lazy Maui sunsets to the shimmying about of L.A. Im kinda pleased we were there when that all took place. Hopefully the kids will appreciate home.

#1502579 - 10/07/2019 19:23 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
Colin Maitland Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: North Brisbane ( Bracken Ridge...
All these recent quakes are a precursor for the big one. I will not be surprised the see a high 8M or even a 9M along the tectonic plates/ fault lines in the not too distant future.. Indo is going off. Japan, California, South America. Etc. I was getting emails for years from USGS and originally had it set for 4M+, I got too many emails , then set it to 5M+ , too many, so since 2015 6M+. But, now it is too late to discuss on here. See you guys on some of the other forums. Enjoyed your input. Just never posted even though I was once engaged in some research for a certain Uni. Interesting stuff when it comes to EQs.
Take care and keep up your posting .

#1502590 - 10/07/2019 20:14 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
tsunami Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Wynnum SE Brisbane
Im with you collin
Personally i think November is the big one..casscadia
Really hope i am worng
Be nice if we can all find anther site before this is gone

#1502595 - 10/07/2019 21:29 Re: Earthquakes [Re: BIG T]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

BIG T, glad you are ok. Being in the mix of all those quakes, must be so unnerving for the folks in Southern California [Ridgecrest and surrounds].

Colin, I get a feeling that something big is on the horizon too, unfortunately. Something that keeps recurring in my mind is 'water' [sea].

I was going to pop in and post earlier, but we have got a heck of a wind storm barrelling around here [as with alot of Vic]. Part of a tree has landed on my roof and I think my skylight is damaged. Can't see in the dark, but hope if it rains there is not gonna be an in-house river too. crazy

Anyway, I am sticking around here on WZ till the end, even though I am now also on "ski". So I haven't deserted our great community yet.

Those larger movements in Ridgcrest [and surrounds] may have set off some disturbance, not only along the faults running parallel with the west coast, but up inland towards Yellowstone. Also out to the east towards and including Oklahoma. Will see if this irritation settles eventually. A recent thought I had was that maybe some energy will show up in the Gulf of California since the Ridgecrest quakes. One small quake did pop up leading down to just north of the Gulf.

I am also feeling that an M5 may [or may not] come up offshore SW of Eureka.

As for Cascadia, I hope any nasty movement potential bypasses there and doesn't go anywhere else. I still can't get my mind's eye of Alaska atm - but I am not thinking disaster. I am 'seeing' energy getting caught up in the Gulf somewhere or maybe somewhat north of there...???

Anyway, gotta go and grad the torch and see if I can spot our new roof decoration in the for of a gum tree piece.....

For now, Duck.

#1502596 - 10/07/2019 21:32 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
Knot Offline
Weatherzone Addict

@Tsunami. Duckie has got a thread going on ski.com.au. Another thread at cdweather.boards.net is not exactly taking off.

And Duck has just mentioned

Edited by Knot (10/07/2019 21:35)

#1502597 - 10/07/2019 21:37 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
Knot Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hope roof ok Duck

#1502617 - 11/07/2019 11:24 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Knot]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi Knot, yep we don't have a new roof decoration [tree] from the storm last night. The large branch hit the roof and somersaulted over the house. Gotta get a chainsaw now crazy The winds were incredible here last night - a bit scary actually - and I usually love storms.

Anyway, on another site I mentioned that an M4'ish could come up near Ridgecrest and it did. That region may be in the throngs of dying down somewhat, but I believed it could go on to see some larger tremors sporadically.

An M3+ came up in Antarctica - if my memory serves me correctly, it was 'onland' SE of the Sandwich Islands.... So it is not just many other places which are coming up with tremors at the moment.
I have also mentioned that some 'energy' will travel south and north up/down the San Andreas and her sister [parallel] faults since Ridgecrest's biggies and current agitation, and I was correct on that one. I had a suspicion that it could even travel down to or into the Gulf of California at some point.

The Gulf [or thereabouts or elsewhere in Alaska] of Alaska or somewhere along the Aleutians may come up with an M5 or M5+...????

The western side of the Pacific [e.g. Indonesia, Japan, Philippines etc.] have been spotting with M4+'s. Not altogether unusual, but something may come up on that side of the Pacific or around the Pacific Islands - NE and E - of Oz.

For now, Duck.

#1502651 - 11/07/2019 17:57 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
Knot Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Was hoping you could get into Cdweather eq thread Duck. But maybe the site not your gig ( private site). I will be checking out your posts on ski.com.au. Always a good read. Beware of trees.

#1502656 - 11/07/2019 19:27 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Knot]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi Knot. I have registered and done a short post on cd so far. Hope to do another at some point.
Got into a bit of a good EQ conversation with someone on ski and am still enjoying posting here on WZ.
Trees are my friends still wink

For the moment, Duck smile

#1502658 - 11/07/2019 20:09 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
tsunami Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Wynnum SE Brisbane
Trees are great unless youre on ski's doing 30kmh straight into one baaahaaa

#1502761 - 14/07/2019 17:55 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
Hagrid Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Crediton Qld
A bit of Rockin in WA! 6.5!?

#1502766 - 14/07/2019 18:43 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
cold@28 Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Chillagoe
Are you duckweather on the other forums?

#1502774 - 14/07/2019 20:55 Re: Earthquakes [Re: cold@28]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Yes I am cold@28, but have been 'absent' for the last few days.

I heard about the M6.6 off Broome and it has had multiple other good sized tremors there since.
A while back I mentioned that a shelf off Oz may come up with a quake, and at another time/post mentioned that I suspected Oz may come up with an M4+. There seemed to be, lately, several jitters on Oz to indicate that something was brewing. A tremor in the Tanamai caught my eye recently, Lower west WA also had [and is having] a run of tremors.
Now, Halmahera, Indonesia has come up with an M7+, showing possibly there is a real snag of energy in a very vast region near and above Oz. I wonder if another quake may come up between the Oz quake and Halmahera....?

Looking at the Geoscience map of where there have been reports have come in of folks feeling the earth move - across the whole of Oz there were reports seemingly timed with the offshore Broome quake.

NE or ENE of Australia may move too [Pacific Islands an/or PNG].

Maybe up into or near the Bay of Bengal as well.....???

Time will tell.

For now, Duck.

#1502914 - 21/07/2019 23:20 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks. No, I haven't deserted WZ and the good folks here. I have just added a post to 'ski/com/au' if you want to have a look.
It is getting very close to the end of our forum time here, which is sad. This has been an awesome community and I will miss it.

Are all of our posts, on every forum section, going to be archived [sorry if I have missed any conversation surrounding the many years of posts and where they will go in the future]? I would like to have the opportunity to go back over [way back] at some point to re-read a few of our posts and remember the great info everyone has jotted.

Anyway, WA is still rattling along near Broome. What an interesting series of quakes there. 'It' is behaving like some of the other locations on the planet that have had big movements, which have been followed on with seemingly relentless tremors. I winder if this persistent energy may cause quake due north of there near Indonesia??

SA and NSW are starting to come up with a couple [one for NSW so far] of tremors currently, since WA's quake registers looked like they took the energy and sapped it from the rest of the country temporarily. Obviously, that seems like a silly thing to say, but SA's tremor frequency did appear to dissipate while WA [Broome] copped alot of action.

Anyway, locations I am 'watching' atm are China, the triple junction in the Indian Ocean, the Altlantic near Portugal and Liberia, the Caribbean, and a sense that the 'ear' in the west Pacific [near Fiji, Samoa, surrounds and back to PNG] may still be harbouring some stealthy energy for a potential M6 or M6+?????

There will be other locations coming up with tremors/quakes, but we'll see what happens.

For now, Duck.

Page 153 of 154 < 1 2 ... 151 152 153 154 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 50 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Caldoche, David Obeid, desblair, Morrisjub, rmj007, rummy21, StormQueen
Forum Stats
29947 Members
32 Forums
24194 Topics
1529243 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image