NOTICE!

The Weatherzone forum has now closed and is in read-only mode until the 1st of November when it will close permanently. We would like to thank everyone who has contributed over the past 18 years.

If you would like to continue the discussion you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter or participate in discussions at AusWeather or Ski.com.au forums.

Page 78 of 154 < 1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 153 154 >
Topic Options
#1276883 - 18/09/2014 23:06 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
teckert Offline
Weatherzone Moderator

Loc: NE suburbs, Adelaide, South Au...
another one in same area in SA Duck.... now 5 in 6 days...

1.) 2.0 13 September 2014 @ UTC 08:52:53 @ SE of Burra, SA
2.) 2.5 15 September 2014 @ UTC 06:39:41 @ SE of Hawker, SA
3.) 1.8 17 September 2014 @ UTC 12:46:19 @ Near Gladstone, SA
4.) 3.1 17 September 2014 @ UTC 14:16:52 @ NE Of Burra, SA
5.) 2.2 18 September 2014 @ UTC 12:07:57 @ Booleroo, SA

#1276918 - 19/09/2014 09:56 Re: Earthquakes [Re: teckert]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Wantirna, Vic
Hi teckert and all.

Yeh teckert, this is the 'energy' I was talking about in previous posts. With the Nullarbor Plains coming up with an M3.1 as well, this is falling 'into place' with what I was suspecting in regards to that irritation (energy) which is hovering around the southern/lower part of Australia. In my mind, I feel it is emanating from below Oz.
I feel that the southern part of Oz is not quite settled yet and we may see a few more tremors (possibly an M4) come up in the immediate future (maybe from now and in the next week).

Japan has been feeling M4.5+'s, which is one region I felt was going to get a run of movements again. I feel the M7+ south of Japan ( near Guam) the other day was a movement which may be related to Japan's current movements. I initially thought that these respective movements may be the other way round - with the larger one more towards Japan and the lesser towards the Marianna's/Guam.

There may be some more off-shoot energy creating tremors for the countries east and SE of Iceland to come. There has been and is still a concerted chunk of activity in Iceland and the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, which may sporadically send energy of in these directions (possibly).

Just as Sweden was an 'unusual' location for an EQ recently, and as I have eluded to in the past about some 'unusual' spots coming up with EQ's (I feel because of a general global jittering), I feel we may see some more intermittently timed EQ's and tremors coming up in a few other locations too.

The Aleutian Chain (Alaska) has been relatively quiet and I feel (a little) that there may be some energy possibly transferred up and under the Chain soon. Even maybe over to the west towards Kamchatka.

The eastern side of Canada came up with the tremor I mentioned it might (not too far from Quebec). The Yukon (NW Canada) and maybe the North West Territories may come up with some movements in the near future.

Laptev Sea (north of Russia) and the Greenland Sea are a little on my 'radar' at the moment too. Actually, my mind's-eye is sweeping across the breadth of the north of Russia (seas) just a little.

I feel there may be another or more M5's brewing for some regions NE, north and NW of the Oz mainland (other countries).

The western coastal region of The U.S. may come up with an M4(+?).

For the moment, Duck.

Edited by duckweather (19/09/2014 09:57)

#1277186 - 21/09/2014 20:29 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
Petros Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Maffra, Central Gippsland, Vi...
Keep up the good reporting DW smile

If I hear of a tremor N of Aus in the next week or so, I wont be surprised.

#1277190 - 21/09/2014 21:08 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Petros]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi Petros....good timing wink I was just in the process of giving myself a break from my work (yes folks, I am working on a Sunday evening smile ) and getting onto the EQ thread to post something.

Thanks for your very kind words Petros, muchly appreciated and i always enjoy all feedback from you folks.

As you mention - the N of Oz - the Pacific Plate and other smaller related plates and trenches (etc) are playing up intermittently. The Banda Sea quake (about 100 minutes ago) was quite deep at approx 340kms - which I find a little unusual. Normally we may see the Fiji region quakes, for example being down to the 500'ish km deep mark, but to see one almost as deep in the Banda Sea is interesting (in my mind). This 'tells' me that the Australian Plate - due north of the Northern Territory has made a concerted effort to move down in the foundations of the 'crust'. It was 'felt' on our seismo's in Vic and especially SA (haven't checked the Oz wide seismo's yet).

There has been a strange feeling (for me) in the 'air' today - almost like a decent movement may be on the cards somewhere around the periphery of the Oz mainland (at sea or in a neighboring country). I have observed some very small movements in my 'watery' amateur 'seismo' today, and I am feeling that this may be the off-shoot movement/energies coming from the N and NE Oz plate....but I wouldn't mind guessing that the southern/lower end of Oz is still passing around some energy at the moment. SA has become quite active in the last few days and it may be that the faint movements I am noticing here may be coming also from SA, Bass Strait and the Great Oz Bight....?

My gut feeling is too that there is some energy being sent up and into under the Himalayas, Bay of Bengal, north and NW Arabian Sea and again along the Atlantic Ridge.

Japan seems to be still a little unsettled (general region) and there may be another M5(+?) to occur somewhere in the NW Pacific region. The Aleutians came up with the EQ's I was anticipating, as has Greece.

Hawaii may come up with an M3(+?).

For the moment, Duck.

#1277278 - 22/09/2014 18:26 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

Just a short post for now.

I have noticed some very small vibrations running through here this arvo. On looking at the seismo's in Vic and SA, this movement (vibration) has registered on a seismo in Gippsland and NW of Melbourne. There are also some jitters showing up in Canberra and SA.

I am wondering if some 'energy' is coming over from the lower end (at sea?) of the South Island of New Zealand and closer to the south of Oz (at sea)? If you imagine a triangle;

...from Kangaroo Island below SA and up to Mount Rat/SA (incorporating the east coast of NSW) -> southern end of NZ -> and back over and under Vic to Kangaroo Island....

..with the 'energy' possibly coming from the southern, south-eastern and eastern side of this triangle.

(Gee I hope that made sense blush )

Will see if there is an M5 brewing in the lower Tasman Sea or further west...?

For now, Duck.

#1277543 - 24/09/2014 12:16 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

Just as I felt may pop up is movement on the NSW coast. Near Newcastle (Cessnock) there have been some tremors. An M3.1 to start with then follow on M3.0 and an M2.0 all at zero depth (according to Geoscience current records).

This region is near or on a fault line which may have been associated with the earthquake which occurred for Newcastle many years ago.
In my amateur opinion, the energy that has been hovering around various regions of lower Oz particularly may have aggravated some of the fault zones (by varying degrees) perhaps enough to niggle them into spot activity here and there.

On the 19th September this year, near Goolma (NSW) had a tremor of M2.3 at 2kms deep. This tremor was west of the current tremors in NSW. Without looking at the known fault lines, at this point, in this overall region, I am feeling that the tremors in/near Newcastle may be related to the tremor in Cessnock.

The Atlantic Ridge is still behaving as I felt it would continue to do. This incorporates the activity in Iceland.

The west coasts of Canada and the U.S. are feeling an increase in tremors and we may see an M4+ pop up either on the west coast of the U.S. (maybe somewhere near the shore west or SW of Eureka) and/or near Canada - ?Prince Rupert or Port Hardy or further out west near the Queen Charlotte Islands...???

Alternatively some energy may push up and into the Gulf of Alaska and the Aleutian Islands regions.

The east of Canada/U.S. border has been coming up with tremors that I felt it would. As has Kamchatka in the NW of the Pacific.

For some reason I am having Florida pop into my mind...may mean nothing.

Remember, the above I may be wrong with - feelings.

I may pop back in later with some more stuff, but gotta do continue on with some work for now.

For now, Duck.

Edited by duckweather (24/09/2014 12:18)

#1277827 - 25/09/2014 23:20 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

Hawaii has and is experiencing somewhat of a cluster of tremors since one of my last posts, where I mentioned they may have an M3+. So far they haven't had an M3+ (unless I have missed one) which is good. But considering their current tremor activity, it would not surprise me if an M3+ may pop up in the mix.

Another U.S. location (apart from California's regular tremors) to be currently experiencing almost continuous tremors, at a fairly shallow depth of 5kms approx., is Mammoth Lakes - SE of Yosemite National Park - which appears to be happening on a recognized faulting system. It looks like the Hilton Creek Fault.

Lakeview, Oregon is another location is another location which is feeling some tremors in the (average of) M3 range.

The American Canyon (San Francisco Bay area), which had a sizable EQ recently is moving again with the latest tremor being an M2+. They may go on to feel another tremor there as the fault may move again.

Yellowstone came up with an M3 in the last 24 hours, and I feel this may have had an effect on some small movements in some areas not too far from there - e.g. Oregon, Montana and possibly Utah....?

The western side of the Pacific has been and is rather active at the moment. As is the upper NE of the Indian Ocean.

Oz is still feeling tremors in the lower regions - NSW and SA - with the NSW tremors coming up in a 'line' travelling SW down towards Victoria.

If am not posting much each day and you want to keep up more with EQ activity see;

USGS maps
Geoscience Australia
Global incidents Map - EQ's
Earthquake Report

There are several areas coming up with EQ's/tremors which I have been suspecting might, but haven't been noting such.
If I had more time, I would be more thorough with my posts, at the moment...I'll do my best smile

For now, Duck.

#1277864 - 26/09/2014 12:38 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

A minor tremor (possibly M1 or M1+) just went through here and has corresponded with jitters on a couple of Vic seismo's. It felt like a vibration coming up through the floorboards as if someone was dragging (without the side-to-side movement) a board across some rough concrete (another one of my silly descriptions smile )

For the moment, here's a link to an article I found today;

Groundwater chemistry as a precursor for...tember 25, 2014

The above article adds to what I suspected may be an occurrence of what Mother Earth may hint to us about possible natural precursors and signs.

For now, Duck.

#1277888 - 26/09/2014 18:01 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi again for today.

I have been watching the USGS EQ map, while working, almost continually loading with tremors in Mammoth Lakes.
See the USGS link I put in a previous post.
This tremor behaviour will either culminate in a release of an M4 or more EQ or it may be relieving movements, possibly preventing a decent quake - time will tell. Alternatively, a region not far from these tremors will be the place where these movements may be placing pressure on a spot ready to 'give'.

For the moment, Duck.

#1277928 - 27/09/2014 09:30 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Good morning folks.
What a beautiful sunny day for the Grand Final.

Anyway, about 100kms east of South Hedland in WA, an M4.2 (preliminary reading atm) has popped up to surprise us. Though, yesterday I found myself being drawn the the live webcam of Cable Beach. The surf looked eerily calm (but surfable) and stunningly greenish in colour. I actually felt that there may have been a tremor to occur closer to Broome.
It doesn't, on the other hand, surprise me that we are seeing a tremor/EQ coming up on the northern, NW and NE coastal regions of OZ (and/or just a bit inland - near to or following inlets from the Timor Sea and other). There has been so much movement of reasonably substantial size (M5's and up) recently, that I feel some stresses may be being place on the coastal regions in various places. I could be wrong....

Mammoth Lakes in the U.S. has had approximately 743 tremors (and counting) in the last 24 hours. A couple of 'nearby locations have started to respond to this irritation - possibly near Reno/Nevada, Bridgeport/California (near the border with Nevada) and maybe as far away as some locations along the San Andreas Fault (maybe).

Yellowstone has had 11 tremors (USGS) in the last 24 hours. The largest being an M2.3.

For now, Duck.

#1278015 - 27/09/2014 19:25 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi again folks for today.

Just as I suspected, regarding the seismic swarm (tremors) in and around Mammoth Mountain in the U.S., the USGS has classed the movements as volcanic unrest. The tremors looked like they were harmonic in nature - very regular small tremors, with the odd lager tremor (up to M3).

You can read a report on this here - Detroit news site

Whenever I see a continuous or semi-continuous clustering of tremors over a period of time, I tend to think of volcanic harmonic tremoring. On the odd occasion it may be a combination of fault/volcano action as well. I tend to think you can't always have one without the other. Yellowstone can behave this way too.

For now, Duck.

#1278107 - 28/09/2014 14:07 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

Mammoth Mountain (Long Valley California) had a small break from very regular harmonic tremors, but the regular number has picked up again.

Oklahoma has also renewed some tremor activity.

The Queen Charlotte islands, off shore Canada west, has come up with the M4+ I was suspecting it might.

Japan, with an unexpected eruption of Mount Ontake (which is NW of Mount Fuji by about 125kms), may show up with some more EQ activity around Japan.

Australia came up with an M2.4 in the Victoria Daly Shire (Northern Territory) on what I think is a minor (perhaps unknown) fault - don't know the name of this possible fault atm.

Some new seismograph charts have gone up on this set of seismo lists I regularly watch. I'd love to know where they are situated and why they have been added to the list.

For the moment, Duck.

#1278346 - 30/09/2014 19:29 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

As I type this post, there seems to be a 'lull' of sorts in global EQ activity.
Of course there are some tremors/EQ's coming up here and there, but there is a definite quietening overall.
From what I can tell the U.S., NZ, Japan and Oz for example have settled a bit.
NZ's largest tremor has been an approx. M3.5 in the last 18 hours or so and the rest have been around M2 (give or take 1/2 an M)
The U.S. tremors have reduced in size and number (Mammoth Mountain/Lakes is currently relatively quiet.

The Mediterranean seems generally to be the most active at the moment.

But this is one of those times when I feel that a 'new round' of larger tremors or moderate EQ's will begin, possibly from now or in a couple of hours. It could begin with a jitter in a few places, e.g.M3+'s or an M4+, then in the mix may be an M6.
I get a bit of niggling feeling that we may see a larger moderate quake in the Pacific again.

It's not that I don't like quiet times in quake behaviour, but this 'calm' twigs my feelings/intuition that it won't last long.

As I am typing this post, Mammoth Lakes has just had a cheeky M1.2....

For now, Duck.

Edited by duckweather (30/09/2014 19:32)

#1278446 - 01/10/2014 16:15 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

Well I got the timing 'right' for the uptick in M5's in my last post. I could feel it in-me-bones.
The Pacific began behaving with M4+'s and I felt there may be an M6 as well. PNG and Fiji both came up with EQ's a shade under M6.

An interesting tremor was perhaps recorded in the Netherlands. The North Sea came up with an EQ, as did Iceland. A few posts ago I mentioned my suspicions that the countries/regions SE of Iceland may follow on from the Iceland quakes with movements as well and this has been occurring.
The Atlantic Ridge, travelling north of Iceland, has shown some irritation with an M3. My guess is that this very general region (above and to the SE of Iceland) may come up with some more jitters here and there.

Oklahoma has had a bit of a flutter of tremors again and there have been a couple of neighboring states also popping up with tremors.

The Mammoth Lakes/Mountain (U.S.) region has come up with some rejuvenated small movements, but as again I suspected may happen, there are now tremors coming up in the peripheral regions of Mammoth. The energies have spread and almost feels like it (energy) has pushed out to nearby regions.
At first it was stated by scientists that magma was the culprit for Mammoth's tremors and then they changed this to the combination of water and carbon dioxide (above the magma) move up (and irritate fault lines in the Long Valley Caldera region).

The Indian Ocean (Carlsberg Ridge) came up with an M5+ this morning.

Gotta go out...so may be back later.

For now, Duck.

#1278828 - 05/10/2014 11:26 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks. I've been rather absent from this thread in the last few days. Been busy with the school holidays.

The U.S. has 'moved' in places I anticipated it might - off shore SE of Eureka and around the regions including Oklahoma. There have also been other movements coming up in the east of the U.S., one which came up not far from NY/NY in Concord/New Hampshire an M1.7, which to me shows the niggling which I presumed was present in this part of the world in recent times. Tennessee. Missouri and Colorado (neighboring states to Oklahoma) have also felt some tremors. The general locations of these tremors are coming up in a rough horizontal line across the lower U.S. states.
In a previous post I felt that Florida may come up with a tremor and I feel this could happen in the near future still.

Geoscience is looking a bit strange (to me) atm.. On their site there are none of the EQ's and tremors showing as having their 'solutions finalized' and I feel there may have been a couple of other tremors, particularly in SA, which have not been recorded yet. From what I gather is normal for Geoscience, they usually have the 'solutions finalized' within a day or couple of days from the time of a tremor as they gather all the info they need to do so. See here for info

An interesting tremor has come up in Hawaii, one of the islands NW of the main source of their tremors on the main island. I a wondering of this an extension of volcanic behaviours from the main island (where most of their tremors are recorded)??

Central America, in conjunction with the NW of South America, is quite active at.. As is the Mediterranean and the western side of the Pacific (including Indonesia).
This overall activity increase is commensurate with what I mentioned in a last post that after the lull there may be a general 'global twitch or uptick' (I didn't mention those words - but that's what I meant in my posts).

I actually got to briefly watch Japan's seismo's yesterday and could feel that their activity was going to continue.

Iceland has certainly kept up it's pace with reasonably sized EQ's/tremors. I feel this may continue and also fluctuate with the size of their tremors. I still feel that energies related to Iceland and the Atlantic Ridge may still be filtering into the countries SE of Iceland.

As I am typing this post the M5 I was anticipating for Australia has just come up as an M4.4 for the Northern Territory pegged currently at about 15 kms deep. This may be a previously unknown fault line or a new one responding to the plate pressures (????) It is actually offshore in the Timor Sea and is exactly the sort of movement I have been anticipating possibly in response to all the quakes north, Ne and NW of the top of the Aussie mainland.

More to say, but gotta nick out...

For now, Duck wink

#1278865 - 05/10/2014 18:49 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi again for today.

If you felt a subtle vibration go through the floor just before in the lower states of Oz, the Ridge below Australia (Western/Indian Antarctic Ridge) just had an M5.3.
See here - Geoscience....

Also, if I had have read through my last post. I would have edited some glaring spelling etc. mistakes I made blush
For example - the quakes off the west coast of the U.S. were SW of Eureka - not SE as I stated.

As I type this post there is more movement in the lower Oz states seimo's coming up - will see what this is and if it is after movement of the Ridge mentioned above.....
seismo's here

For now, Duck

Edited by duckweather (05/10/2014 18:50)
Edit Reason: spelling again

#1279120 - 07/10/2014 13:03 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

I came across a very interesting report and vimeo about structural features which are being discovered on the sea floors world wide.

I have nattered on and eluded to the possibility of many uncharted trenches, fracture zones, mounds, volcanic mounds, and other undersea landforms, which will come to be discovered.
Many of the structures can be a source of earthquakes and some of the unrecognized till now regions/crustal deviations are what I have suspected to be 'there' all along.

It is not just the plate edges where quakes occur (obviously), but I have always thought that there is more to the ocean floors in their potential relation to some earthquakes than science first thought. A couple of times over the years I have gabbled on in this thread, I have noted just a couple of the sea floor locations of the many I have suspected as being game-players either in volcanic activity or earthquake happenings here and there.

"New seafloor map exposes thousands of p...ctober 06, 2014

If you watch the vimeo, you can see where the San Andreas fault line corresponds generally with the current activity in California. Of course there are other tremors coming up in the U.S., but there is a distinct north/south line of tremors seemingly corresponding with the San Andreas or adjacent to it.
What is 'dividing' the tremors/quakes along the California coastal regions is the mountain range (e.g. and including the Sierra Mountain Range). On the eastern side of this mountain range there is another general north/south line of tremors occurring along a complex set of fault lines.

Till later, Duck.

Edited by duckweather (07/10/2014 13:05)

#1279196 - 08/10/2014 10:10 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

China's Yunnan M6 earthquake has caused alot of damage and sadly killed at least 2 people. Many houses have collapsed in the valley and severely damaged many more. A dam's structure has been compromised (but not given way) and if this goes will affect many people living below it. I feel there may be a chance of some landslide associated with this quake and its after movements.
Armand on the Earthquake Report is keeping up with some good info on this quake and its many aftershocks.

Oklahoma has had an M4+ as I felt may happen in the short term. The activity there has been quite consistent with smaller tremors and its surrounding neighbors (states), it felt like it was building to an M4+ in the last week.

The western side of the ROF has maintained its momentum of movements and may continue to do so in the next couple of days. An M6 may come up in the Pacific west, Pacific SE and perhaps the Pacific NE. Japan moved again as I felt it might, as has Kamchatka (Russia east coastal region).

Geoscience Australia has only 1 record of a tremor for Australia in South Oz on the 2nd October currently showing on its map. This tremors' solution is finalized (confirmed) but I am surprised that other tremors (I suspect have occurred in SA, WA and a very small ??? chance in NE Vic/into NSW of a small tremor/s) which may have occurred are not listed......

Iceland continues, as I felt it may unfortunately, to rumble away with the largest quake there in the last 12 hours being an M5.5.

Momentarily the Mediterranean movements have reduced in size to movements around and below M3.5, with Romania feeling an M3.7 2 hours ago.

It feels to me that the energies causing the quakes are fairly 'centred' on the Pacific regions, with sporadic moderate quakes popping up in the Mediterranean and the Middle East.
China's quake and the one at the other end of the Himalayas may be due to (China's) being influence by energy coming up from the south and in from the ESE, with Hindu Kush (Afghanistan) possibly coming up from the south and the SE and SSW.

There was an explosion near an air-force base in Nevada, near Las Vegas yesterday, which registered as an M1.6 and at this stage I don't know what caused it.
A quarry blast in Washington, West Richland, registered as an M2.4 on the Richter scale there. Similarly another quarry blast in Princeton , Canada, registered also as an M2.4.
Quarry blasts are not uncommon for the U.S. and Canada (and probably all over the world), but when I see the magnitudes on the Richter scale registering above M2.0 I wonder if nearby fault lines are aggravated at all...???

(Remember to take all I say with a pinch-of-salt folks)

For now, Duck.

#1279311 - 09/10/2014 09:52 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

I came across an interesting article, on The Watchers site, about a newly recognized New Zealand fault line near Wellington. In the image below, I have put a wonky star on the rough spot where Wellington is.

New active fault found in Wellington Har...ctober 08, 2014

Pic uploaded with Imageshack

The pic above can also be found in this article, What Lies Beneath the Canterbury Plains? A Fault Revealed Jesse Dykstra Sep 07 - SciBlogs which is an interesting read.

There must be so many faults worldwide which are seated either deep underground or lurking just below the surface on land and perhaps deep in the seas and on the sea beds, and which are yet to be discovered.
Sometimes some faults make themselves known by surprise when they show incredible ground splitting, rising, deformations and other behaviours.
Hopefully with all the amazing technology in existence and those being designed will continue to and eventually provide us with a very interesting 'picture' of how the planet surface is configured.

I feel that there are subtle land movements all over the place and ones which we don't notice sometimes, some of which may be very subtly changing the landscape over time.

Since our tremors here over time, and especially after our M5.3 a couple of years ago, my house has slightly moved and is now very slightly lower (only studying this closely can you see it - though there are a couple of obvious signs too) on the northern side. A marble will now quietly and slowly roll to the north along the floor, which the kitten thinks is fun crazy
I am not worried about this subtle shift in my house (which has been checked by an engineer - because I can be a little paranoid sometimes smile ), though if we get another M5+ and a bigger crack in the driveway, I may ring the engineer again smile

The quake, M6, in the Gulf of California I feel is somewhat related to the movements further north in California.

The M5 in the north of Svalbard, along the Atlantic Ridge, I feel has some relation to what is going on in Iceland. The northern Mid-Atlantic Ridge has had another M5 due west of Morocco about 19 hours ago. So I feel it can be said that the Atlantic Ridge overall is still active and may continue on to be so foe a while.

For now, Duck.

#1279317 - 09/10/2014 10:27 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Just adding to my last post today, I meant to include the new link for Yellowstone's webcam. It is of a much better quality than their last one.

Yellowstone National Park Service webcam

Cheers, Duck.

Page 78 of 154 < 1 2 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 153 154 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Aussie twister lover, nthqlndr, remead, Sitilliqaq, Western Blew
Forum Stats
29947 Members
32 Forums
24194 Topics
1529243 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image