Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11
Topic Options
#1427024 - 30/06/2017 21:04 Re: Royal Commission Catholic Church [Re: Cheers]
samboz Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Sale, Central Gippsland, S/E V...
Some archaic thingy about innocent until proven guilty, beyond reasonable doubt apparently CF, then again I think you know this!

If P wasn't the actual offender it would be hard to believe he didn't condone it by his actions or lack of action.

Any other organisation would have been shut down and disgraced after revelations such as these, haven't got any time for the while shebang to be honest!

#1430143 - 08/08/2017 04:44 Re: Royal Commission Catholic Church [Re: Cheers]
Arnoldnut Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Arnold, NthWest Vic
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-ord...29e955b8cc8a464

Glad that one is finally done. Frank De Dood was an abuser and bully way back in the 60's when we were both students at Rupertswood ....I was expelled because I ran away from the boarding school too often, Frank made a home of the place and stayed on and became a priest.

Is like pulling teeth getting these guys to court and convicted .....even though he pleaded guilty, the church lawyers do their utmost to conceal every little detail.
there is no justice for Victims when this guy will go back to his Order after jail ......as have all the paedophile priests we have put away in the past .....the catholic church needs shutting down as they have yet to face up to the Royal Commissions findings.

#1430145 - 08/08/2017 07:09 Re: Royal Commission Catholic Church [Re: Arnoldnut]
Cheers Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: sevenhills nsw
Originally Posted By: Arnoldnut
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-ord...29e955b8cc8a464

Glad that one is finally done. Frank De Dood was an abuser and bully way back in the 60's when we were both students at Rupertswood ....I was expelled because I ran away from the boarding school too often, Frank made a home of the place and stayed on and became a priest.

Is like pulling teeth getting these guys to court and convicted .....even though he pleaded guilty, the church lawyers do their utmost to conceal every little detail.
there is no justice for Victims when this guy will go back to his Order after jail ......as have all the paedophile priests we have put away in the past .....the catholic church needs shutting down as they have yet to face up to the Royal Commissions findings.

Agree with you 100%

#1463865 - 15/05/2018 08:01 Re: Royal Commission Catholic Church [Re: Cheers]
Arnoldnut Offline
Weatherzone Addict

If you go back to the start of the thread you'll see Canon Law was well in question.
Some suggested I was talking through my arse ...that I can understand being I was making some serious allegations about the church following their own laws.

Read on /these are directly from
The Royal Commission findings and recommendations:

We are very clear that there should be no provision in canon law that attempts to prevent, hinder or discourage compliance with mandatory reporting laws by Australian bishops and others or to impede those who choose to report to the civil authorities…

We understand that, aside from the exception for reporting to civil authorities in jurisdictions where there are reporting laws, the pontifical secret currently applies to allegations of child sexual abuse made against clergy, as well as canonical proceedings relating to those allegations

(Final Report, Vol 16, Bk 2: 708).

The Royal Commission’s recommendation 16.10 states:

The Australian Catholic Bishops Conference should request the Holy See to amend canon law so that the pontifical secret does not apply to any aspect of allegations or canonical disciplinary processes relating to child sexual abuse.

(Final Report, Vol 16, Bk 2, p.710)

#1463866 - 15/05/2018 08:07 Re: Royal Commission Catholic Church [Re: Cheers]
Arnoldnut Offline
Weatherzone Addict

and I thank the forum for allowing this thread to run. Every parent need be aware of this stuff. This isn't some social media beat up ....we the tax payers had to pay out near 600 million bucks to find this out. Time to tax some of these clowns.

#1463869 - 15/05/2018 09:11 Re: Royal Commission Catholic Church [Re: Cheers]
samboz Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Sale, Central Gippsland, S/E V...
PELL has been committed for trial, now watch his mouthpiece discredit witnesses and beat most of it.

He might beat all of it, they wouldn't have played all their cards at the committal.

An unlimited defence budget can rake over a lot of coals to fight a charge - RC church has plenty $$.

#1463888 - 15/05/2018 15:19 Re: Royal Commission Catholic Church [Re: Arnoldnut]
ozthunder Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Mt Warrigal, NSW, Australia
Originally Posted By: Arnoldnut
. Time to tax some of these clowns.

Time to tax all religions.

Thanks for being courageous with the posts.

I was lucky, even though I went to Catholic primary and brothers high schools in the 1960s and 1970s I was lucky not to experience any issues, even though the diocese had paedophile priests and the high school an infamous paedophile brother.

I sometimes think the one saving grace was despite coming from a strict Catholic family I was never pressured to be a Altar Boy.

#1463906 - 16/05/2018 06:01 Re: Royal Commission Catholic Church [Re: Cheers]
Arnoldnut Offline
Weatherzone Addict

>"BREAKING: Prosecutors Seek Complete Ban On Media Reporting Of Cardinal George Pell Trial
https://newmatilda.com/2018/05/14/prosec...rge-pell-trial/

The Royal Commission was about the 'Handling Of' the different organisations abusers......not the abuse itself.

Given the 'breaking news' .......please don't mention anything here which may cause the thread to be closed and would be playing into their hands.

The case that is relevant is the Archbishop Wilson case in NSW. This case is about hierarchs concealing crime/covering up child abuse. First case in australia ....and the highest level clergy on trial for this anywhere in the world.
This is basically a test case ......many will follow if this precedent is set.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-12/ca...wcastle/9644816

some history weatherzone can be proud of .....years back we were discussing/arguing a little about this on an earlier thread ..arnoldnut got rubbed out and was allowed back as Dilbert ..then back to Arnoldnut in 2006.
Those pages can be found here http://forum.weatherzone.com.au/ubbthreads.php/topics/189700/Canon_Law_vs_Australian_Law
There is a pretty good explanation in the read /considering what's occurred since.

Oz said.."I was lucky, even though I went to Catholic primary and brothers high schools in the 1960s and 1970s I was lucky not to experience any issues,......."
You weren't pretty enough! :-D :-D ...excuse the pun/too early? :-D

Just take heart in the fact it's pretty well fixed about anyone hiding them any more. The Canon Law that caused the bulge in the catholic numbers/percentages against the rest/other orgs, religions, has been found to be caused by this Canon Law problem.
anyone interested can read Kieran Tapsell's book 'Potiphar's Wife..' (need the e version as it has over 400 tags) the book points straight at the 'papal secrets' ....all starts with the crimen sollicitationis 1922/62/01. Kieran advised the Royal Commission which bought about many questions they asked the bishops. And still waiting for a reply.

Catholics more than anyone else want this fixed too. I've met many, not least Father Bob a few times. Character he is. Last time we met was at Louise Milligans book launch ..as I said 'lots want this fixed'
and so best we hold our tongues in the interest of justice.

Edited by Arnoldnut (16/05/2018 06:06)

#1464231 - 23/05/2018 15:51 Re: Royal Commission Catholic Church [Re: Cheers]
ozthunder Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Mt Warrigal, NSW, Australia
Interesting precedence with Catholic Archbishop Philip Wilson being found guilty of cover up.

This would have Pell very worried.

#1464336 - 26/05/2018 07:17 Re: Royal Commission Catholic Church [Re: ozthunder]
Arnoldnut Offline
Weatherzone Addict

>THE Archbishop who was convicted of covering up historical sex crimes against children sent a letter home with school kids asking for parents to “pray for him”.

http://www.news.com.au/national/south-au...6b93424b0388a73

Pell's case is about abusing ....while Wilson's case is about enabling paedophiles to abuse.
Which is what the Royal Commission was about ...'the handling of child abuse'
Wilson case is a watershed moment being he is the first ever to be found guilty of 'hiding paeds' .....is what the fights been about since the start. The head cop of the Victorian child abuse squad stood with me to explain to the Vic Inquiry and the Royal Commission just how the church secretly moved a paed to the sth pacific islands while I was in discussions with them and their solicitors in august 2000. His name was Senior Sgt John Raglus. ....all history now as they thumb their noses at our laws.

#1464337 - 26/05/2018 07:32 Re: Royal Commission Catholic Church [Re: Cheers]
Arnoldnut Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Victoria just passed legislation to allow the church to be finally sued ....They have been untouchable until now.
They had been asked many times to incorporate ...now it has been forced on them ..in vic anyway.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/the-e...225-h0wm7w.html

#1466178 - 21/06/2018 07:26 Re: Royal Commission Catholic Church [Re: Cheers]
Arnoldnut Offline
Weatherzone Addict

thank god for the abc

Was quite a while back that I ran a thread called Canon Law Vs Aussie Law here on the Zone.
http://forum.weatherzone.com.au/ubbthreads.php/topics/189700/Canon_Law_vs_Australian_Law

Years on and I see Charlie Pickering has found similar ..and speaks of it clearly.

Have to wonder what would happen if it was an Imam enabling paeds as these bishops do.

Series 4 Episode 8
From 27min35sec
https://iview.abc.net.au/show/weekly-with-charlie-pickering/series/4/video/LE1711V008S00

Edited by Arnoldnut (21/06/2018 07:35)

#1466179 - 21/06/2018 07:37 Re: Royal Commission Catholic Church [Re: Cheers]
Arnoldnut Offline
Weatherzone Addict

that is definitely something you won't hear on any of the dirty digger's outfits ..some truth.

#1468213 - 03/08/2018 10:28 Re: Royal Commission Catholic Church [Re: Cheers]
Arnoldnut Offline
Weatherzone Addict

I think we have come full circle since the original Aussie Law Vs Canon Law thread! :-)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-02/va...t-says/10057532

and the guy I keep quoting here .....I think you will find he visited the earlier thread once or twice as 'Wondering'

http://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/worldtoday/canon-law-requiring-child-abuse-cover-up-still-exists:-expert/10065872

thanks folks for listening ;-)

Edited by Arnoldnut (03/08/2018 10:29)

Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11

Who's Online
11 registered (Snapper22lb, Mike Hauber, wetdreams, StormQueen, chasers addict, Sandbank, Snowies, Dr Philosophy, Jimi, StormCapture, 1 invisible), 97 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Chris #3, Cloudwatcher, dave-tsv, GuyH, Joshg, Prettybub, s016230, Sprouts
Forum Stats
29700 Members
32 Forums
24005 Topics
1502915 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image