Page 1 of 93 1 2 3 ... 92 93 >
Topic Options
#114043 - 01/12/2002 08:17 NSW Daily Forecasting
Cloudmaster_dup1 Offline
Weather Nerd

Loc: Eastern Suburbs of Sydney, NSW...
Good morning all,

If you have read my other Sydney thread in General weather, then you would already know what this thread is about, along with it's purpose.

This thread is made for you WZ'ers to put in your daily forecast, for where ever you live. Preferably for the people who live close to Sydney Metropolitan, but you may live anywhere in NSW to contribute to this thread. The purpose is to have fun, and to it's also made so the thread for stats doesn't get cloged up.

This thread comes into play tonight, but you may add your forecast for tomorrow now!!!, but Pingtagn and I noramlly put in our forecasts for the following day at 9pm smile

ENJOY ALL laugh

Cloudmaster :cheers:

#114044 - 01/12/2002 21:42 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
Cloudmaster_dup1 Offline
Weather Nerd

Good evening Pintang, here in our lovely new thread smile

We went excellent in our forecasting today, top job laugh

Heres my forecasts for tommorow in the following regions:

Sydney CBD: Cool evening, minimum 16C. Cool morning with SE/E'ly winds picking up around 8am, before they shift to the NE'ly direction by early afternoon. The sky tommorow should be clear, but occaisally 1/8 cloud cover. Thanks to onshore winds i'll lock in 25C.

Richmond: Cool evening, minimum 15.3C. Cool start with winds blowing W'ly, then shifting over to the NW'ly, before fianlly around midday shift to the NE'ly. The sky should be clear all day in this region tommorow thanks to Northerly wind. A few streaks of cirrus or cirrostratus will be visible around 2pm thanks to large areas of convection, but nothing major. I'll lock in 31C.

Nowra: Nowra should remain part cool overnight, and possibly get down to 14C. With a cool start and light SE'ly winds early, along with cool NE'ly winds later, i wouldn't be suprsied in Nowra got +3/8 cloud cover, along with s maximum of 25C.

P.S Good luck smile

#114045 - 01/12/2002 22:06 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
pingtang Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Nowra, NSW
Good evening cloudmaster, smile

From now on,I will just do a detailed forcast for the Nowra/shoalhaven district. smile

-------------------------------------------------
NOWRA-

Last night Nowra got some nice rain,and I have recorded about 24millimetres.This rain continued into the morning.The cloud broke up at around 10AM.From then on it was a partly cloudy day,with fresh southerly winds.Temperatures got to 23C,thanks to some afternoon sunshine.

Tonight it should relatively clear,however there is some cloud lurking about.Because of the clearer skys,temps should drop to the low teens overnight.The wind will be from the south,however this wind will remain light.The wind should abate in the early hours,and shift light westerly.

Tomorrow,we will see a dry day,with warm temperatures.The sky may be a bit cloudy early on,but I am expecting a mainly sunny day.
The wind will be light in the morning,and will generally be from the west.
Coastal districts will see a NE'er develop in the morning,and this should freshen,and move inland.There could be a brief SE'er in the morning.The wind direction in Nowra will probrably be E in the afternoon.
Temperatures will be warmer than today thanks to the different winds and lack of cloud.I will go for a top of 26C tomorrow.

Forcast in Brief:

Fine and sunny.13-27C
UV index-extreme
Probability of rain-5% or lower

Forcast for Tuesday:

Dry,and getting hot.

--------------------------------------------------

Good luck with your forcast cloudmaster. :cheers:

#114046 - 01/12/2002 22:26 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
pingtang Offline

I was trying to edit my last post,but for some reason it wouldent let me. confused

I will continue doing forcasts for Sydney,but I will make these more basic than Nowras forcast.

So heres Sydneys forcast-

SYDNEY

Sydney will see a dry and mosty sunny day.The wind,should be light in the morning.I am expecting a NE'er in the afternoon,and this could freshen,lowering temps a little in the CBD.I will go for a top of 25C tomorrow.

RICHMOND-

Richmond will see a warm to very warm day.It will remain dry and mostly sunny.Temps should have no trouble reaching 30C.A NE wind change should occur in the early after-noon.This should lower the temps a little,or atleast level them out.
I will go for 32C in Richmond tomorrow.

#114047 - 01/12/2002 22:35 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
Fine Elsewhere Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Albany.W.A.
Congradulations CM on getting this new thread up & running & for the invite for others to join - great spirit - well done. I just hope I have the good fortune to perhaps kick around for another 25 years so that when either CM & PT are running either the internationally renown TWCo & the other heads up BoM i can say "I always knew those boys would do well" wink wink wink You took the flack CM & did'nt give in, & PT's associated postings have been great - i hope more join in, & it will certainly be one of my first checks each day!
:wave: FE

#114048 - 02/12/2002 06:02 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
Cloudmaster_dup1 Offline
Weather Nerd

Thank-you FE,

You are wonderful to be so kind. When i am older, yes, i do hope that i'll become a meteoroligist in the BoM or the TWCo. Thank you once again FE for your kind words, and i hope you do check it everyday, so you can see what others and I think is going to happen down here in Sydney. smile

Cloudmaster :wave:

P.S Great forecast PT, good luck once again laugh

#114049 - 02/12/2002 21:33 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
Cloudmaster_dup1 Offline
Weather Nerd

Good evening Pingtang smile

We went great on our forecasts today, we were pretty accurate on the temperature, though i did misjudge Sydney maximum, and we also did get the timing and winds speed/directions pretty accurate too!! GOOD WORK smile

Here is my forecast for tomorrow in the following regions;

Sydney CBD:
Overnight Sydney should start to see the NW'ly land breezes kicking in aswell as the actual NW'ly wind ahead of the trough system. The overnight minimum should be around 18C thanks to these warmish NW'ly winds. Tomorrow morning should be very humid early thanks to moisture. The DP should rapdily lower once the NW'ly winds pick up around 9am, at 9am the temperature should be around 24C. The sky should reamin clear except for a few streaks of cirrus, and cirrostraus thought-out the day thanks to large masses of rising air. The seabreeze circulation should kick in around 3pm leaving Sydney CBD to gather all it's heat before hand. I'll lock in 30C for tomorrow.

Richmond:
Richmond should see a mild evening, thanks once again to NW'ly winds, which should keep temperature above 18C. Once the sun rises temperature will start to sour thansk to the NW'ly winds freshening and the suns radiation. By 9am Richmond should be on 27-29C, and by midday be on 37C. then fianlly top score 40C around 16:30. The NE'lt winds shouldn't affect this area. The sky should reamin clear, but come covered on thick cirrostartus by mid afternoon.
My locked in temperature is 40C

Nowra:
Nowra should see the NW'ly winds to be rather strong tonight, so i'll have to lock in a 17-18C minimum. Early morning Nowra might see a slight E'ly breeze, then shift over to a strong, dry NW'ly. clear skies should remain thanks to it's coastal location. I'll lock in 35C for Nowra.

Good Luck smile

#114050 - 02/12/2002 21:43 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
Ben Offline

Loc: Loganholme/Tweed Coast
i'll agree with u there cloud smile maybe soon i should start joinin in this daily forcast thing :p lets just say i'll lock in 31 for wahroonga tomorrow as its slightly warmer than sydney CBD but it should get cooled down when the sea breeze kicks in goodness knows when that'll be :rolleyes: if it starts at 3 (like u said cloud)it should reach here from 3:05-3:15

Edit- i must be blind or something these days since i didn't notice this thread till this evening and it was posted on the 1st of december.. i think i need glasses :rolleyes: but yeah good thread to start up smile

Ben

#114051 - 02/12/2002 21:54 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
Cloudmaster_dup1 Offline
Weather Nerd

Gday Ben

Cheers and thanks for your support in the thread smile

Personally i think Wahroonga may hit 34C as it has a slight inland location, and the seabreeze may be further delayed, maybe a 4 - 4:30pm starter. We'll wait and see. You really should start to put your forecast (i mean proffesial forecast) in Ben, it's great fun as I am telling you now, and Pingtang surly would say the same smile

#114052 - 02/12/2002 22:03 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
Ben Offline

i'll start tomorrow when my brain is rather lets say "idiotic" late night last night and an early start this mornin which equals bad headache :p anyhow yes wahroonga could well do hit 34 degrees and yeah usually the sea breeze comes shortly after sydneys but it can be delayed true smile Well im seriously over tired i think i better head off to bed soon :rolleyes:

Ben

#114053 - 02/12/2002 22:07 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
Cloudmaster_dup1 Offline
Weather Nerd

Likewise smile

#114054 - 02/12/2002 23:02 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
pingtang Offline

Good evening Cloudmaster,Ben,and Fine Elsewhere.

Well its a pretty late forcast tonight.Anyway here we go. smile

NOWRA-

Today,Nowra saw a warm and dry day.Winds were light early,but they managed to turn to the east later in the afternoon.Skys were generally cloudless,however some high cloud moved through later in the day.We got to 26C today.

Tonight,it will be clear and relatively calm.Because of this,the temperature should drop to a pleasant 14C tonight.

Tomorrow I am expecting a hot day in Nowra,with increasing cloud later in the day.I think the chances of precipitation are pretty small,however the chances will rise the furter south you go.
As the morning progresses,the temperature will rise quickly.I think we will get to 35C tomorrow thanks to our inland position.Coastal areas will see cooler temps thanks to the sea-breeze.This breeze could get quite fresh on the coast,and this may extend into Nowra.

Forcast in Brief-

Hot and mostly dry 14C-35C
UV index-extreme
Chance of rain IMO-5% increasing to 10-15% later

Forcast for Wednesday:

Dry and warm

SYDNEY-

Sydney will see a dry,and very warm day.Temps should get into the 30's thanks to those NW winds.The sea-breeze should make its way through sometime in the afternoon.I will go for a top of 31C

RICHMOND-

Richmond will see a hot and dry day tomorrow with low humidity levels.Potentially it could get to 40C,as there will be little cloud-cover.The NW winds will bring alot of hot air in too.I will go for 40C in Richmond tomorrow.

:cheers:

#114055 - 03/12/2002 05:57 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
Cloudmaster_dup1 Offline
Weather Nerd

Good forecast Pingtang wink

I can't wait to see how it'll eventuate smile

#114056 - 03/12/2002 09:11 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
Ben Offline

I'll have my forcast in breif not temperature wise... sydney should start off with some high cloud this morning and have NE winds throughout. As the temperatures rise so will the humidity and dew points and the high cloud should increase later in the day possibly enough to make a high level cloud cover but i doubt it.Storms aren't likely today as of the low moisture levels. And if there is going to be any rain (in the southern parts of nsw)this avo then there will be little if any rain at all.

Ben

#114057 - 03/12/2002 12:45 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
pingtang Offline

Good afternoon Ben and cloudmaster,

I dont think Richmond will reach 40C today.I think a top of 36-37C looks more likely now.
Currently its only 31.5C at Richmond.

At Nowra its currently 30C with an easterly wind.A top of 35C looks unlikey at this stage.
Some cloud is developing on the ranges now.Later this afternoon cloud should increase,but im not expecting much (if any) precipitation.

#114058 - 03/12/2002 13:00 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
Ben Offline

Good avo pingtang

Penrith looks like it could go above 40 richmond still could as it has 3 more hours of heating to go. High cloud is still increasing but its not going to do anything much anyway. Nowra could see an afternoon storm about but i agree with you not likely to be any rain out of it. The sea breeze has kicked in in wahroonga but hasn't lowered the temperature as it is 31 degrees. Cooling should start soon.

Ben

#114059 - 03/12/2002 13:02 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
pingtang Offline

Hello Ben,

We have some nice developments on the ranges now.
Hopefully we can get something today.
The radar is still showing some activity around Canberra/Yass etc.

The temperature here has dropped back to 29C now.

#114060 - 03/12/2002 13:30 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
Ben Offline

Sounds good the cooling here has started which is nice. Lets just hope u get some nice heavy falls (which i truly doubt) or any rain at all would be nice smile Suprisingly dew points are up still and the humidity is rising again it hasn't gotten below 47% in the city today but as i said its rising as the temperature drops the dew point has increased since of its 13.5 this moring and its still increasing as the temperature drops.. If moisture levels like these stick around we could see some showers/storms round the weekend or next week

Ben

#114061 - 03/12/2002 19:35 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
Ben Offline

Sydney:
Sydney should see a warm and humid night.Then tomorrow should be very warm and see its maximum temperature around 11:30. There should be some high cloud about in the morn but clear as the change moves through around midday cooling temperatures down and raising fire dangers to very high to extreme fire danger with the gusty winds.(hopefully no fires should start up) I'll lock in 27 (prolly wrong) and for wahroonga i'll lock in 30

now i do laugh

Richmond- Richmond will have a slightly cooler night. It should get heated up quickly as the sun comes out im sure it should reach 33-35 around about noon reaching its max temp. It too should see some high cloud about probably a bit more. For richmond i'll lock in 34 (another one below the average :p )

Nowra-Nowra should have a mild night. But quickly heat up in the morning with increasing sunny periods. Around about late moring 11:00a.m or something with the windy south to southwest change dropping temperatures. I'll lock in 27 for nowra tomorrow.

Ben :wave:

#114062 - 03/12/2002 20:48 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
Cloudmaster_dup1 Offline
Weather Nerd

Good evening Ben and Pingtang smile

I'll put my forecast in a little bit earlier tonight, because I'll be off to bed soon thanks to my bad "Hayfever", my eyes are going off like dripping taps frown

Heres my forecast for tomorrow, for just the CBD and Richmond:

Sydney CBD:
Sydney CBD should see a mild evening tonight, thanks to high cloud (Cirrus, Cirrostartus), and high humidity levels. These humidity levels should be between 80-95% in most Sydney regions, and to which if you don't have an airconditioner, tonight sleep will be hard. The overnight minimum IMO should be 19.8C. Sydney overnight should see NW'ly landbreezes, before a NW'ly gradient wind tomorrow morning before the Southerly change around midday. This change shouldn't vary the temperature too much, but should help by at least 3C. I'll lock in 28C for the CBD thanks mainly to the NW'ly winds. This southerly shouldn't provide any precipiatation, nor too much cloud cover.

Richmond:
Richmond should remain dry overnight dispite altostratus hanging about. This cloud should clear by morning as the NW'ly winds pick up. These winds should be hot, but thanks to the southerly change, i'll lock in 37C for Richmond.

Good luck Ben and Pingtang smile

Page 1 of 93 1 2 3 ... 92 93 >

Who's Online
7 registered (Sidney, Moz, Petros, Weather_Viewer, Cheers, RC, 1 invisible), 231 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
heathc, kgb007, Michael M
Forum Stats
29401 Members
32 Forums
23725 Topics
1468893 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image