Page 2 of 93 < 1 2 3 4 ... 92 93 >
Topic Options
#114063 - 03/12/2002 23:39 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
pingtang Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Nowra, NSW
Good evening cloudmaster and ben.Its a late forcast again.Gee,I will be tyred tomorrow morning. smile

NOWRA-

Today,Nowra saw a dry and mostly sunny day.
At about 1:30PM,the western sky looked black,and before I checked the radar I was sure a storm was coming.All we got was a light sun-shower out of it.The ground didnt even get wet.
After that,it was back to sunny conditions.
We reached 31C today.

Tonight-

It should be a calm,and mainly clear night.Temps should drop to the mid-teens over-night.Currently its 21C,but the temp should gradually drop,and we will see our minimum temperature at dawn.

Tomorrow-

The morning will be warm,dry and generally cloud-less.The wind will be NW for most of the morning,however this is expected to shift S/SW by mid,late morning.There will be no precipitation with the change IMO.Not much cloud either.
The afternoon will be dry and warm.
I think we will see a top of 26C tomorrow.If the change comes through early enough,then we shouldent see too high temps.

Forcast in brief-

Dry-16C-26C
UV index-extreme
Chance of rain IMO-less than 5%

Forcast for Wednesday-

Dry with winds increasing

SYDNEY-

It will be sunny and dry in Sydney.Temps should be in the high 20's.A southerly change is expected by the early afternoon.The winds will be NW before that though.I will go for a top of 28C.

RICHMOND-

Richmond will see a sunny/dry day.A southerly change will extend inland.Richmond could see the southerly up to 1.5hours later than the city.
It all depends on the strength of the southerly though.I will go for 36C in Richmond tomorrow,as the southerly could kick in as late as 1-2PM.

Good luck with your forcasts

:cheers:

#114064 - 04/12/2002 06:36 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
Cloudmaster_dup1 Offline
Weather Nerd

Loc: Eastern Suburbs of Sydney, NSW...
Good forecast's Pingtang and Ben.

Storms are now looking even more likely across Sydney today than ever before. The AVN shows good LI's (-4) and the CAPE shows 1800, which along with moisture should marvel these storms :rolleyes:

Cloudmaster :cheers:

#114065 - 04/12/2002 08:14 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
Ben Offline

Loc: Loganholme/Tweed Coast
sure does the humidity and dew points stayed up basically all night and is slowly dropping. BOM re-adding the possible storm but i am still i doubt we'll get one.

Ben

#114066 - 04/12/2002 09:18 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
pingtang Offline

Well its a pretty warm and cloudy morning here.
The winds have picked up from the WNW,and the temperature at 9AM is 27C.This temp has actually dropped in the past half hour.

#114067 - 04/12/2002 17:41 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
pingtang Offline

Good afternoon cloudmaster,

I think I'll post my forcast now,as I will be out tonight involved with bushfires.

NOWRA-

Today we have seen a dry and very windy day.
We has some early morning cloud-cover,but this cleared off quickly.The temperature reached 33C.

Tonight,conditions will continue to be dry and windy.Because of the circulating air,temps should only drop to the high teens.

Tomorrow,the dry and windy conditions will continue.Some gusts could reach gale-force at times.I will go for a top of 28C here tomorrow.

SYDNEY-

The dry and windy conditions will persist through-out tomorrow.Fire dangers will be extreme.I will go for a top of 28C in the CBD.

RICHMOND-

The strong westerlys will persist.Temps should be a little bit cooler than today.Cloud-cover will be slight.I will go for a top of 30C in Richmond.

#114068 - 04/12/2002 20:45 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
Ben Offline

Good evenin pingtang good luck tonight

My forcasts for tomorrow

Sydney- Sydney should see extreme fire dangers, dry strong to squally westerly winds and there should be little moisture in the air. Very low humiditys. Winds should stay west throughout the day.I'll lock in 30 for the CBD and 32 for wahroonga.

Nowra- It too should see dry and strong to squally westerly winds and low humiditys etc. With very high to extreme fire dangers. I'll lock in 27 for nowra like they forcasted.

Richmond- Richmond should also see dry strong and squally westerly winds with low humiditys. It will see extreme fire dangers also. I'll lock in 33 for richmond

thats it so far

Ben :wave:

#114069 - 04/12/2002 21:28 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
Cloudmaster_dup1 Offline
Weather Nerd

Good evening Pingtang (Good luck mate!!) and Ben smile

Here is my forecast for tomorrow:

Sydney CBD should see Westerly winds easing overnight, and humidities regaining to a higher level, thanks to a light previling easterly at times. Tomorrow should see a rather warm day, with cloud cover staying below 3/8. Winds should be from the westerly direction, but IMO shouln't be squally. Theere should only be moderate-fresh westerly winds, which once again may dry out the ari leaving Sydney to have another dry, hot day. I'll lock in 31C.

Richmond: Richmond should be much the same as the CBD, but get stronger westerlies thanks to thier leeward side of the ranges. Winds should tear down the rangers and leave Richmond is trouble with fire dangers increasing as the winds do!!! I'll lock in 35C for Richmond.

Good luck both smile

Cloudmaster :wave:

#114070 - 05/12/2002 06:08 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
Cloudmaster_dup1 Offline
Weather Nerd

These SW winds have now hit Sydney, bringing a slightly cooler airmass in compared to pure due West. These SW'ly winds will help to push smoke fumes into a different direction compared to yesterday afternoon's direction. This new winds direction could possibly push smoke haze acorss and into the main Sydney basin where it'll get trap until tomorrow. Lets hope this doesn't happen because then we would have to worry about health hazards, and not just fire hazards :rolleyes:

#114071 - 05/12/2002 07:22 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
rhythm flavour Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Penrith , Western Sydney
Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudmaster:
...then we would have to worry about health hazards, and not just fire hazards :rolleyes:

Interesting fact in case you didn't know, Sydney has one of, if not the highest rate of pollution in the world. If you look at Sydneys topography and weather conditions you will find pollution gets trapped in Sydney for days on end, building up and raising up the levels. Generally a bit of the pollution from out west will move out into Sydney and out into the ocean. During the day Sydney keeps chugging out pollutants until about 1pm when the winds shift and you get the coastal seabreeze. This shifts all the pollution back to western Sydney where the western Sydney plains are the perfect channel for them to stay. The mountains act as a block and at night it just sits in Western Sydney. It stays there and repeats the cycle again the next day and so on until we get a really big wind change, much like the one were currently experiencing.

Mike

#114072 - 05/12/2002 15:56 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
pingtang Offline

Good afternoon Cloudmaster,

Well today has turned out,pretty much as expected.The wind is still 35knots + from the west,and humidity levels are low.
The temperature has been pleasant though.Currently its 25C.

The wind should still continue for a little while yet.I will post my forcast at the usual time tonight.

#114073 - 05/12/2002 16:21 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
Cloudmaster_dup1 Offline
Weather Nerd

Good afternoon Pingtang,

Today we both went brilliant with our forecasts. I predicted (for the first time in a while) a clean sheet for my Sydney CBD forecast. I predicted 31C and it reached 31C, i also predicted the winds wouldn't be too squally, and they weren't. I am not meaning to brag, but am pretty pleased with the result.

I'll lock in my forecast at the usual time tonight smile

#114074 - 05/12/2002 17:45 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
Ben Offline

darn i was 1 degree off and wahroonga reached 31 degrees too. I was far off with richmond tho :rolleyes:

Ben

#114075 - 05/12/2002 21:24 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
Cloudmaster_dup1 Offline
Weather Nerd

Good evening Ben and Pingtang smile

These fires are currently sending a large haze band across the Sydney Metro region. This haze may help to keep temperatures slightly warmer than expected frown

Here is my forecast for tomorrow:

Sydney CBD - The CBD should have a rather warm night. It is currently on 26C, but the temperature should plumet around midnight as the change moves through, i think it'll get down to 19C in the CBD for it minimum. Currently the winds are WNW are they should shift SW after the front proceeds. The winds should remain SW thoughough tomorrow and should tending SSW at times. This SSW'ly winds should keep Sydney temperature at bay tomorrow, as it is a different airmass compared to current. I'll lock in 24C for the CBD tomorrow smile

Richmond - Richmond should be much the same, but then again much hazier than the CBD. Overnight Richmond should see a low of around 17C thanks to the front, it may see lower temperature depending on the thickness of the haze. Thanks to SSW winds tomorrow i'll lock in 25C for Richmond smile

Good luck both cool

Cloudmaster :wave:

#114076 - 05/12/2002 21:47 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
pingtang Offline

Good evening cloudmaster,

Here is my forcast

NOWRA-

Today,we saw a dry and windy day.Temps reached 26C.Later on in the evening the cloud increased.

Tonight the fresh to strong winds should persist.The winds may ease a little towards dawn.There will some patchy rain,and possibly a bit of thunder too.This should clear off later tonight.Thanks to the cloudcover and circulating winds the temperature should only drop to 13C tonight.

Tomorrow we will see a dry day.The winds should have alot of west in them in the morning.As the day progesses the wind should tend more to the south.As it does this I think the cloud may increase,but not exceptionally so.
Temperatures should remain rather mild tomorrow.The morning sun should see temps get into the 20's,although it could feel cool in the wind.I will go for 21C in Nowra tomorrow.

Forcast in brief-

Dry with fresh winds 13C-21C

SYDNEY-

There may be some shower activity tonight,judging by the radar.It doesent appear significant though,and IMO it wont heap the bushfires.The shower activity may even hinder back-burns.

Tomorrow it should be a dry and windy day.It will be mostly sunny but the temperature will be cooler than it has been.I will go for a top of 22C.

RICHMOND-

Dry and sunny conditions should continue.Winds will remain fresh.The temperatures will be abit cooler,and should remain below average.I will go for 24C at Richmond.

Good luck with your forcasts. :cheers:

#114077 - 06/12/2002 21:37 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
Cloudmaster_dup1 Offline
Weather Nerd

Good evening Pingtand and Ben smile

Great forecast by you today Pingtang, you got nearly all the temperatures right, except Nowra's smile

Here my forecast for tomorrow wink

Sydney CBD:
Sydney CBD should see a fairly foggy start thanks to low-leveled moisture and cool winds. This fog should disipate quickly once the sun rises. I'll lock in an overnight minimum of 12C for the CBD. This cold abnormal condition were expected as the cooler air generated by the front yesterday now crosses Sydney. Once the sun rises temperature you rise slowly, thanks to the cool S/SE'ly winds. These winds should generate a cloud cap over Sydney CBD tomorrow afternoon thanks to higher moisture levels. I'll lock in 20C for the CBD smile

Richmond:
Richmond should also see a foggy start with temperature possibly getting as low as 8C, these abnormal condition are once again thanks to the cool stable airmass now crossing the region. fog should disipate quickly and temperature should rise faster thanks to a warmer (even though cold) wind in that areas compared to Sydney CBD. I'll lock in 19C for Richmond.

Good luck guys smile

#114078 - 06/12/2002 21:45 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
Ben Offline

I don't have much time tonight so i'll rush in a brief forcast

Sydney should see winds easing i'll go for a top of 22 tomorrow but fire dangers should still be dry cause of low humidity.

Same goes for richmond cept the winds should have already eased i'll go for a top of of 24.

Nowra should see similar conditions with a top of 22.

Thats all i can write tonight

Ben

#114079 - 06/12/2002 21:45 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
pingtang Offline

Good evening cloudmaster

Heres my forcast. smile

NOWRA-

It was cool today in Nowra.It was clear in the morning,but the cloud increased in the afternoon.There were even some isolated showers about.The winds were fresh to strong from the west until about 2PM.After this time the winds tended south,and then east.We got to 19C today.

Tonight will be cool/cold,thanks to the clear and calm conditions.Temps will drop below 10C tonight.

Tomorrow,the morning should be clear and quite cold.The winds should be from the SW early on.In the afternoon coastal districts will see SE winds,and this should extend into Nowra as an easterly.I am expecting some increase in cloud during the afternoon,but this shouldent be significant.Temperatures will remain below average thanks to the southerly flow.
I will go for a top of 22C in Nowra tomorrow.

Forcast in Brief-

Mostly sunny- 7C-22C.
UV index-Extreme
Probability of rain- 5-10%
Wind -SW to SE or E.

Sundays outlook-

Getting warmer,NE winds-29C.

SYDNEY-

Winds should be lighter than they have in recent times.It should be mostly sunny,although there may be some increase in cloud as winds tend SE.
I will go for 22C in Sydney tomorrow.

RICHMOND-

Winds should be lighter.It will remain mostly sunny.Temps should get to the mid 20's.I will go for a top of 25C.

#114080 - 07/12/2002 21:37 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
pingtang Offline

Good evening cloudmaster,

I didnt do too badly with todays forcast.I got the temperatures within a degree anyway. smile

Here is my forcast for tomorrow.

NOWRA

Nowra saw a cool to mild day with temperatures reaching 21C.It was mostly clear,however there was some bushfire smoke about.The winds started off light,but they eventually shifted to the east,and freshened.

Tonight,it will be cool clear and generally calm.Currently its 15C,but I think it will drop to 11C.

Tomorrow we will see a much warmer day than today.
This is thanks to the different wind direction.
Winds should start off NW but it will go NE on the coast,and this will extend into Nowra.It should remain mostly sunny.
I will go for 30C in Nowra.Fire dangers will be reaching extreme by the afternoon.

Forcast in Brief:

Dry and sunny- 11C-29C
Winds-NW/NE
Fire Danger-Extreme
UV index-Extreme

Outlook for Monday:

Some showers developing.S change.
Temp:24C.

SYDNEY-

Sydney will see a warm to very warm day.It will remain mostly sunny.Temperatures will be lower than western suburbs,thanks to a fresh NE sea-breeze.I will go for 26C in Sydney.

RICHMOND-

Richmond will see a dry and sunny day.The afternoon should be hot.I will go for 34C in Richmond tomorrow.

Good luck with your forcast,and dont call me pingtand again. laugh

#114081 - 07/12/2002 22:16 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
pingtang Offline

Hmmm,its very quiet here tonight. smile laugh

#114082 - 07/12/2002 23:02 Re: NSW Daily Forecasting
Ben Offline

good evening pingtand wink na j/k pingtang

i'll do another forcast in brief tonight since i can't be bothered writing :p

Sydney- Its in for a warm day (finally) with some moisture back in the air finally but fires dangers should be high to very high. NE winds freshening in the afternoon especially on the coast and we should see a seabreeze. I'll lock in 27

Richmond- should have the same fire dangers but not the strong NE winds in the afternoon. i'll go for a max of 34

Nowra-NW/NE winds freshening in the afternoon with a seabreeze and it should see high to very high fire dangers. Should be more humid than today.i'll lock in 30.

Ben :wave:

Page 2 of 93 < 1 2 3 4 ... 92 93 >

Who's Online
1 registered (ThD Ht), 252 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Forum Stats
29277 Members
32 Forums
23614 Topics
1452199 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image