Page 134 of 135 < 1 2 ... 132 133 134 135 >
Topic Options
#1201237 - 25/06/2013 18:40 Re: Interesting Articles about AGW [Re: Seabreeze]
Landon86 Offline
Cloud Gazer

Loc: Indianapolis
Voice your opinion in academic journals and send feedback in when major publications are drafted. The skeptics here are mostly here to abuse people while trying to convince people that their opinion is fact.

You can always post on WUWT, but you can't annoy non skeptics there because we don't visit the site.

#1201240 - 25/06/2013 18:47 Re: Interesting Articles about AGW [Re: Seabreeze]
Brett Guy Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Bently Park, Cairns
I would prefer to voice my oppinion here. Both sides are guilty of bad behaviour so don't label the skeptics as the villians and I don't see the point of just posting on a site like WUWT if there is no one there that has a different point of view.

Edited by Brett Guy (25/06/2013 18:48)

#1201241 - 25/06/2013 18:52 Re: Interesting Articles about AGW [Re: Landon86]
petethemoskeet Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: toowoomba
Originally Posted By: Landon86
Voice your opinion in academic journals and send feedback in when major publications are drafted. The skeptics here are mostly here to abuse people while trying to convince people that their opinion is fact.

You can always post on WUWT, but you can't annoy non skeptics there because we don't visit the site.

I have one thing to say and that is why don't you stick to US forums as you obviously don't like to read alternative views.

#1201242 - 25/06/2013 19:00 Re: Interesting Articles about AGW [Re: Brett Guy]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: El Arish
Looking at all the recent post's on here the ones that are responsible for all the childish and abusive post's are the sceptics, they are carrying on like "oh, Mum and Dad aren't home, let's run amok!!"

And you expect to be taken seriously when you carry on this way?

You have brought the whole section into disrepute, and you sceptics/deniers should all be ashamed of yourselves, and if the whole section get's closed down then you have no one to blame but yourselves, as Lindsay posted earlier, you all need to grow up a bit and take responsibility for your OWN actions and not to blame others.

Ceebee has been nothing but exemplary in the past week or so and does not deserve all the trolling and insults that have been dished out.

If this is it, bye bye guys it has been fun, while it lasted.

Humans think they are the fabric of society,when they are merely part of the thread.

#1201243 - 25/06/2013 19:02 Re: Interesting Articles about AGW [Re: petethemoskeet]
Landon86 Offline
Cloud Gazer

Loc: Indianapolis
Originally Posted By: petethemoskeet

I have one thing to say and that is why don't you stick to US forums as you obviously don't like to read alternative views.

This is why the section will be deleted.....

If you don't believe this alternative you are abused, then have to sift through tired old arguments.

Edited by Landon86 (25/06/2013 19:05)

#1201245 - 25/06/2013 19:10 Re: Interesting Articles about AGW [Re: @_Yasified_shak]
petethemoskeet Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: toowoomba
Originally Posted By: @_Yasified_shak
Looking at all the recent post's on here the ones that are responsible for all the childish and abusive post's are the sceptics, they are carrying on like "oh, Mum and Dad aren't home, let's run amok!!"

You have brought the whole section into disrepute, and you sceptics/deniers should all be ashamed of yourselves, and if the whole section get's closed down then you have no one to blame but yourselves, as Lindsay posted earlier, you all need to grow up a bit and take responsibility for your OWN actions and not to blame others.

Ceebee has been nothing but exemplary in the past week or so and does not deserve all the trolling and insults that have been dished out.

There's an old saying that goes like this..If you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen...And i will say it climate change does happen but not by the hand of man.

#1201254 - 25/06/2013 20:08 Re: Interesting Articles about AGW [Re: ColdFront]
datadog Offline
Weather Freak

Originally Posted By: ColdFront
Grow up kid.

The history is well known to anybody who has been involved with the subject more then a few days. A reminder...

Extract of a letter to Nature magazine:

I was shocked to learn that Nature has apparently endorsed the use of the word “denier” which is deemed offensive by many people in the climate debate due to it being associated with Holocaust denial thanks to a widely syndicated opinion column in 2007:

I would like to say we’re at a point where global warming is impossible to deny. Let’s just say that global warming deniers are now on a par with Holocaust deniers, though one denies the past and the other denies the present and future."
– Ellen Goodman, Boston Globe, February 9, 2007

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/06/18/na...fic-literature/

#1201266 - 25/06/2013 21:07 Re: Interesting Articles about AGW [Re: Seabreeze]
Anthony Violi Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Lilydale - Melbourne
LOL Arnost they are desperate to have the board closed.

that way people just wont see the truth, the 16 years 9 months roughly of no warming will be 19 years, possibly 20 with no warming.

All the while, C02 has exploded by a percentage they refuse to answer on these boards since 1996.

When you consider the real experts like Curry and Co have jumped off, what point is it to come on here and have John Cook by your reference point?

#1201270 - 25/06/2013 21:24 Re: Interesting Articles about AGW [Re: CeeBee]
roves Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Paringa-Riverland
Originally Posted By: CeeBee

Christopher Monckton the Con Man's Lame Deception on WUWT

Anthony Watts can't attract anyone but crackpots to WUWT

Poor little Anthony Watts is running out of people willing to write for his disgusting little blog, WUWT. He's relying more and more on crazies like Christopher Monckton, David "funny sunny" Archibald, Ronald D "it's insects" Voisin and filling in the blanks with endless repetition of magical leaping ENSOs from Perennially Puzzled Bob Tisdale and random weird wonderings of Willis Eschenbach.

Today it's back to Christoper Monckton. He uses a lot of words to try and get rid of the 97% consensus. He wields wordplay to say words don't mean what they mean. He tries to con his readers into thinking 97% is actually 0.3%.

Monckton is truly weird, a crackpot, delusional or deliberately deceptive - take your pick.

I bet he wishes it was as easy to disappear the actual 97% of scientific papers and the actual 98.4% of scientists who show that humans are causing global warming.

Way down near the end of his long-winded article Monckton draws a messy picture in that putrid pink he favours. "That's better", say the rabble. "We like pictures." (Does anyone actually bother to read or attempt to translate what Monckton writes or do they just look at his pictures and nod sagely, pretending they understand it.)

Christopher Monckton is a deceiver, a con man, a charlatan, a climate science denier. And not a very good one.

link

An exemplary post by CB as Yasi puts it.....yea the blindness is staggering thankfully the general population are smarter than what the green elite think geez I cant wait for the election time for a massive cleanout.

#1201274 - 25/06/2013 21:33 Re: Interesting Articles about AGW [Re: Seabreeze]
Seira Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Adelaide Hills.
The Nature Climate Change is different from the International Science Journal Nature.

Edited by -Cosmic- (naz) (25/06/2013 21:36)

#1201276 - 25/06/2013 21:52 Re: Interesting Articles about AGW [Re: roves]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: El Arish
Originally Posted By: roves
An exemplary post by CB as Yasi puts it.....yea the blindness is staggering thankfully the general population are smarter than what the green elite think geez I cant wait for the election time for a massive cleanout.

Quoting using a sceptics website as a "credible source" for information, really?

Just shows you how much sceptics rely on WUWT for their "font of knowledge"...

This should give you some idea...200 mentions in less than 6 months!

Humans think they are the fabric of society,when they are merely part of the thread.

#1201278 - 25/06/2013 21:56 Re: Interesting Articles about AGW [Re: @_Yasified_shak]
refstar Offline
Weather Freak

Originally Posted By: @_Yasified_shak

Trolling? You dont ever post in here and lo and behold you arrive to hop up on your soap box and lecture everyone about standards, yet we're called/labelled the offenisve term 'deniers'? Wow.....

Edited by refstar (25/06/2013 21:57)

#1201285 - 25/06/2013 22:22 Re: Interesting Articles about AGW [Re: Seabreeze]
ColdFront Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Wide Bay..Near the beach
Yeah Yasi ,how dare you post in the

Aggressive
Greenie
Warmista's (offensive?)

thread . Apparently it's just for the deniers according to PM wink

#1201286 - 25/06/2013 22:24 Re: Interesting Articles about AGW [Re: Seabreeze]
Bill Illis Offline
Weatherzone Addict

dancing banannas.

Surviving Yasi?

using a website like hotwhopper to denigrate weatherzone (when it seems like there is some history between them).

I'm not comfortable with all that.

#1201287 - 25/06/2013 22:29 Re: Interesting Articles about AGW [Re: Seabreeze]
Locke Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Brisbane
Quote:

Obviously your idea of exemplary behaviour is somewhat different than most normal people.

This recent string of posts began with "Christopher Monckton the Con Man's Lame deception on WUWT" he then doesn't like my response to a post clearly intended to be inflammatory and goes running to a friend and gets them to post further crap directed at me and Anthony on a site called Hot Whoppers then comes back here and gloats about it. Exemplary behavior my arse.

Ceebee does little here other than attempt to post inflammatory comments and seemingly is able to do so with impunity. I agree some skeptics here also need to improve their behavior and moderators would confirm I notified several unacceptable skeptic posts before the current string of nonsense began.

But don't come the AGW supporters are angels and sceptics are demons line. Start your conversation civilly and I'll respond in kind. Be an obnoxious, self centered, self righteous brat and I'm not going to sit and take it. I ain't your whipping boy.

#1201289 - 25/06/2013 22:44 Re: Interesting Articles about AGW [Re: teckert]
T_D_S Offline
Weather Freak

Why I am here of all places???

But this just gets better doesn't it...

Update 2 - The Misandrist Replies

Now I'm a misandrist because I don't tolerate sexism according to one of the regulars on that Australian discussion board. Who knew.
http://blog.hotwhopper.com/2013/06/denier-weirdness-from-australian.html#misandristreplies

LOL! You're famous refstar... if only she knew about the pregnancy gaffe... *PML*

Originally Posted By: teckert
ROFL.... lovin' it guys.... Well this has been fun hasn't it.... smile

Sad if that's the way it ends... but what can you do?

Currently on hiatus while undergoing self appointed therapy for WZ related mental issues...

#1201290 - 25/06/2013 23:06 Re: Interesting Articles about AGW [Re: CeeBee]
roves Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Paringa-Riverland
Originally Posted By: CeeBee

Christopher Monckton the Con Man's Lame Deception on WUWT

Anthony Watts can't attract anyone but crackpots to WUWT

Poor little Anthony Watts is running out of people willing to write for his disgusting little blog, WUWT. He's relying more and more on crazies like Christopher Monckton

Monckton is truly weird, a crackpot, delusional or deliberately deceptive - take your pick.

Monckton draws a messy picture in that putrid pink he favours. "That's better", say the rabble.

Christopher Monckton is a deceiver, a con man, a charlatan, a climate science denier. And not a very good one.

Again Yasi since you missed my point is this sort of stuff exemplary?

#1201291 - 25/06/2013 23:10 Re: Interesting Articles about AGW [Re: Seabreeze]
Anthony Violi Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Lilydale - Melbourne
Hilarious site that one, not one fact on there.

Graphs using fudged data, and smearing people on the internet.

No mention of the biblical increase in C02. which is bizarre because I thought that was the main part of their argument.

#1201294 - 25/06/2013 23:22 Re: Interesting Articles about AGW [Re: Seabreeze]
snafu Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Belmont, Lake Macquarie, NSW
Isn't that what you expect from Sou? Same as what you get when you go to SkS, Wtd and The Conversation.

Either that or you get called a Poe (what ever that is... confused ).

#1201300 - 26/06/2013 00:02 Re: Interesting Articles about AGW [Re: Seabreeze]
Locke Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Brisbane
Damn this idiot at HotWhopper just doesn't give up.

Here's some simple things she might understand. Whilst she might think there were no temperature records before 1850 she is actually mistaken. There are plenty of records such as the CET which runs from 1659 to present. This record clear shows the little ice age. And it isn't no secret that this is recorded as having ended in the mid 19th century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_England_temperature

But I'm actually fairly sure despite her playing dumb that she was fully aware of this as she was most likely aware that the LIA ended around 1850.

But back to Monckton apparently he is a villain and deceitful for not having gone back another year:

Quote:
If he'd got rid of the noise from seasonal effects and monthly data, and started just one year earlier than 2001, you would have seen something quite different.

Yeah why 1 year. If he really was trying to be deceitful he would have taken the chart from the top of the 1998 EL -nino. Instead he eliminated both the El-nino and the strong La-nina that inevitably followed it. And somehow thats deceitful and a cherry pick.

Before you start rattling off stuff don't assume the person your talking with or about is ignorant of the subject. Said person might just be familiar with the temperature records. Said person might have spent many hours charting things like the AMO, the SOI, the PDO, TSI against the HADCRUT, UAH, RSS and GISS data. He might also be aware of the differences between the data sets and what they represent.

You might bamboozle the man on the street with your bullshit but believe I'm well acquainted with the temperature records. I know where natural causes have pushed temperature anomalies up and down and I sure as hell know a cherry pick when I see it.

Ms Hotwhopper says Moncktons 12 years are too short to draw any conclusion. What she fails to mention is every temp record other than GISS (read Hansen) shows no statistically significant warming for 16-17 years. Funnily this is about the length of time for the actual warming responsible for the 0.14 trend over the satellite era. Apparently 16 years is enough to identify a warming trend of warming but not enough to identify a period of no warming. (keep in mind that Hansen's testimony on climate change in 1998 occurred after only 16-17 years of warming in the satellite era).

What hypocrisy.

It doesn't really matter though. Even by Ceebee's own admission, we will get a 0.2C drop from the current solar max to min (conservatively) taken from the Camp and Tung paper he has quoted a number of times. Being generous and allowing for 0.14C from AGW countering this, temps ain't going anywhere for at least another decade. Probably far longer if cycle 25 is as quiet as predicted.

So Ms Hotwhopper can continue her quaint little blog but the clock is ticking and time is not going to be a friend of the AGW position.

Edited by Locke (26/06/2013 00:04)

Page 134 of 135 < 1 2 ... 132 133 134 135 >

Moderator:  Lindsay Knowles 
Who's Online
2 registered (SteveB93, 1 invisible), 50 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
araT, danz, kimsmith, Tara, Welshmun
Forum Stats
29239 Members
32 Forums
23593 Topics
1449788 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image