NOTICE!

The Weatherzone forum has now closed and is in read-only mode until the 1st of November when it will close permanently. We would like to thank everyone who has contributed over the past 18 years.

If you would like to continue the discussion you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter or participate in discussions at AusWeather or Ski.com.au forums.

Page 75 of 154 < 1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 153 154 >
Topic Options
#1270314 - 18/07/2014 12:19 Re: Earthquakes [Re: perrywinkle]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Wantirna, Vic
Hi perrywinkle wink

Just a quick post atm.

Here is a link to seismo readings for many states of Oz. The third column from the left is all NSW seismo's.

Australian seismographs.

I am waiting to see if Geoscience comes up with a tremor for Vic.

For now, Duck.

#1270448 - 19/07/2014 12:51 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

#1270618 - 21/07/2014 11:09 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

I haven't posted here for a couple of days'ish, due to my attention being towards the horrendous crash of the MH17.
I did not personally know anyone on board the plane, but my nephew lost 2 friends at this time in the incident. He had been holidaying in Europe with them and returned home just before this terrible situation occurred.
As a parent and one amongst so many who were deeply touched by this awful incident, it was hard to focus on many things since learning of the tragedy. My heart, thoughts and prayers go to those who lost family and friends.

Regarding the EQ happenings so far, as I had anticipated the Pacific regions have been very unsettled. Japan (and region) is one region I felt there may be some substantial movements.
Vietnam, which rarely comes up on EQ maps, has had a moderate movement recently.
The U.S. is still coming up with many tremors in what may now be considered 'predictable' regions, being California (general), Oklahoma (and some nearby states), Washington and surrounds. Up until moderately recent times, some of these places may never have thought they would be considered regions for ongoing movements.

I still feel we may see another substantial movement in a Pacific region. This one may induce water/sea issues of varying degrees - hopefully not major.

There may be also more M5's to come up in the Mediterranean and maybe over towards the Middle East (Turkey etc..)
The Puerto Rico region (including surrounds) may feel an M4+ at some point. They seem to bee experiencing somewhat of a cluster of movements currently, which may culminate in a moderate movement.

The general regions of Britain, France, Spain may continue to feel tremors. An M4 may come up in the mix somewhere below Britain. There may also be another tremor up or around the regions in or near Switzerland (or a little north of such).

I am a little drawn to the North Pole again for a movement....

The above are just feelings, not predictions.

I will catch up with some more thoughts on tremors later.

For now, Duck.

#1270717 - 22/07/2014 10:09 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

Below is a pic displaying Australia's recorded (by Geoscience) movements for the last 30 days.
Curiously, what is occurring now is exactly what I felt may happen in current and future times, that tremors will start popping up inland, more-so than what may be usual for Australia.

The image snippet is from the Geoscience Oz site and the pic is uploaded with ImageShack

I noticed last night, before the larger quake in Fiji (which I was anticipating for the Pacific - and this was the general region I felt a larger one may come up - but didn't want to say so, as I felt I may have been wrong and be seen as an alarmist) that our seismo's (Oz eastern half) were showing signs of small jitters - all over the place. I have seen this 'behaviour' before, before a larger nearby region quake.

If you look at the Australian map above, 'you' can get a bit of a feel for regions, where most of the tremors are coming up, of 'lines' in the landscape where there may be some faults or (what I sometimes call) possible 'vulnerable spots' which may be prone to moving, should any pressures move in, up or around from plate or other activity. This is just my amateur thought.
If you need to see the map more clearly than the pic above, go to the Geoscience link I put in above and enlarge the map.

With all of the larger movements happening around the peripheral regions of the Australian mainland, I felt there was going to be the possibility that we may see more irritations/movements beginning to affect some of our inland regions. I feel there may be more to come.

I also feel that we, in various states have been feeling very faint movements here and there, which are not registering as recognizable tremors formally - and these are separate from reverberations form distant quakes (beyond the Oz mainland) and may be small jitters, either as precursors or relative to events in Australia. A couple may also be small ones which come up as a result of pressures from movements of actual and formally recorded tremors.....just my feelings.

For now, Duck.

P.s. I also meant to add in this post that just as I have felt and mentioned for a while now, that we will see some EQ's/tremors come up in 'unusual' places and some will be confused or surprised as to why.
I, for one, am not surprised that some 'unusual' ones are popping up here and there. The energies expelled and created by all of the larger and ongoing movements we have witnessed across the planet, I feel, is reaching some regions where their fault lines (and other things) are being disturbed....

"Three earthquakes rock northern Vietnam... 22, 2014" - EP

Edited by duckweather (22/07/2014 10:17)
Edit Reason: bit extra

#1270901 - 24/07/2014 10:15 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

Just as I felt may occur (an M4), re: mentioned in post on the 21st July;

Quote:
The general regions of Britain, France, Spain may continue to feel tremors. An M4 may come up in the mix somewhere below Britain. There may also be another tremor up or around the regions in or near Switzerland (or a little north of such).

...the regions below the UK and in the English Channel (France), an M4 occurred, which was definitely felt by the locals. I feel this may be related to a fault which may be running up the Channel and may be an off-shoot fault which sneaks in from the mid-Atlantic plate intersections - to the SSW from where this quake occurred.

Yesterday I watched the tremor come up, as it occurred, on a seismo in Campbellfield (North Melbourne). It was a distinctive and sharp spike and movement.
This is another example of the tremors I have been nattering on about, which may start (and have occurred) popping up a little more inland or greatly inland for Australia.

The Carlsberg Ridge (EQ) connects, via plate intersections/joining, with the tremor/quake activity in/around the Saudi Arabian Peninsula and Egypt. This is another region I have been drawn to.

As I am typing this post, an M3.5 at 3.5kms deep has come up in Montana, just NW of the top of the Yellowstone region.

The San Andreas Fault has thrown up a few tremors/EQ's in the last 24 hours or so. The quakes/tremors have come up dotted up/down the fault particularly in relation to the Gulf of California. Many of the tremors over M2.5 for the greater California region, have occurred on or immediately next to the San Andreas.

Remember, my comments above are just my opinion.

May be back later...

For now, Duck.

Edited by duckweather (24/07/2014 10:17)

#1270909 - 24/07/2014 10:48 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi again...I meant to add this to my last post - not all EQ related....

The following video is a fascinating look at "NASA's Landsat's Global Perspective" showing some amazing images of changes around the globe due to man and some disasters.
To best watch this vid, get it up on YouTube and enlarge the screen - click on the Youtube symbol in the bottom right corner of the vid below.

Later, I am going to try and find again a report from an individual in the northern part of the hemisphere, who has spotted chunks of icebergs floating in a waterway, which took him by surprise. Apparently this, for his region, is not a common sight.

For now, Duck.

Just found the 'iceberg' mention - Juneau, Alaska.
Here - on the EQ Report page at top
I'd have to check to see how uncommon they are for this fjord.

Edited by duckweather (24/07/2014 10:54)

#1271122 - 28/07/2014 09:44 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

I haven't forgotten you all. I have had some issues with my computer in accessing the internet in the last few days.

Until I get back 'on track' with the EQ stuff, I'll note for the moment that some more tremors have come up inland on Oz, and interestingly Queensland has had an after movement SW of St George.
In a last post I mentioned that I had a suspicion there would be further inland movements for Australia - "with more to come". There may be a bit of a lull for the time being, though South Oz and WA may continue to come up with another tremor - there are some locations in these states which seem prone to movements at the moment.

For now, Duck.

#1271240 - 29/07/2014 12:37 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

Australia is still coming up with tremors.
I am sure South Australia (may) have come up with another tremor late yesterday, which hasn't come up on the Geoscience map at the moment - Geoscience last 7 days

We felt/heard a small grumble (with extremely faint movement) last evening here. A corresponding small jitter registered on a local seismo.

Here's an interesting article from The Watchers. Its main topic is mass animal deaths, but I wonder if the activity the report discusses could have any implications for EQ's for the east coast of the U.S....?

Sound blasting of ocean floor connected...n July 28, 2014

For now, Duck.

Edited by duckweather (29/07/2014 12:39)

#1271964 - 02/08/2014 09:34 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.
I am still having several problems with my computer/internet, so I haven't posted much here lately.

Anyway, below is a pic of Australia's July history (last 30 days) of tremors.
Notice how there have been more inland tremors, which I had rattled on about may occur for Oz. Many of Oz's 'usual' tremor activity tends to occur closer to on near the coastlines, so this recent activity has been an interesting occurrence.

This snippet/image is courtesy of the Geoscience website and was uploaded with ImageShack

The U.S. west coast has been particularly active with tremors, virtually all up and down the coastal regions.
Washington (west of Yellowstone) has come up with some moderately regular tremors till now. This activity is included with the Oregon region and some of this energy is showing up off the Canadian west coast too.
Oklahoma is still continuing to feel tremors, with some off-shoot (related?) and/or extra activity in nearby states.

The general Indian Ocean region has been more active too, with activity reaching up into the far NE towards the Bay of Bengal and Sumatra (Indonesia).

The British region is still coming up with small movements. The countries (Portugal, Spain, Gibraltar region, France (particularly near Jersey) are also still feeling tremors, which may be related to the Atlantic Ridge and off-shoot faults.

The Mediterranean tremors/EQ's tend to come up on a 'band' or line (generally speaking) which runs west to east/east to west. In this mix are areas of potential (and some active) volcanic activity. The 'band/line' I am referring to spreads from Gibraltar (approx) to all the way over to Turkey.
Adding possibly to activity in the lower SE of the Mediterranean, could be the movements I have also rattled on about (possibly emanating from the plates and rift???) encompassing the periphery of the Saudi Arabian lands and northern Africa (tending to NE part of the coast, but also including Egypt, Libya and Algeria to a degree).

Just thought I would mention that during the next week, I may not be posting much here (?) as my very special first grandchild (granddaughter) will be arriving (to be born) in the next couple of days. Nanny Duck is feeling rather special at the moment smile

For now, Duck.

#1272256 - 05/08/2014 11:35 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

Up until about 8 hours ago, alot of 'energy' was being exerted across the planet (particularly in the 'usual' regions) and causing some rather substantial EQ's in some places, such as the devastating one in China (which sadly killed many people and razed the home of many thousands) and the Micronesia region in the Pacific.

I haven't had much of a chance to focus on where the 'energies' have been driven from and to this week, but it looks like the west of the Pacific region has had some movements corresponding with the east of the Pacific, but I feel that the 'heaviest' drive of energy may be in the western side of the Pacific.
Also there is some considerable energy (or has been) in the general Indian Ocean region, particularly (as I referred to in a previous posts- my suspicions) driving northward through the western Indonesian coastline in places, above Australia and dotted in the middle of the Indian Ocean.

I feel that the Japan general region may come up with a moderate quake...??
There may be a moderate quake in the Mediterranean and/or more towards an arid region (Turkey?, north coast of Africa?).
Zambia had a moderate (M4+) recently and this is another region I was recently 'watching' for potential movement in Africa inland. There may be (in my mind) a connection of sorts with/through the regions of Tanzania, Rwanda, Congo - generally speaking - a windy track up through from lower inland east of Africa - up north through to the approx regions of Ethiopia/Djibouti/Eritrea and so on.

The above is just my opinion/feeling and I could be wrong.

As you may know, this ol' Duck is very distracted this week. Just about to become Nanny Duck (grandmother) anytime now grin

For now, Duck.

#1272409 - 08/08/2014 00:59 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.
Just a quick note to say I am now officially "Nanny Duck" (actually "Nanny Lou"). My beautiful granddaughter has finally come into the world tonight. I am so proud grin
I hope to be back posting on this thread in the next couple of days - when I have come down from the clouds smile
Cheers all for now, Duck.

#1272500 - 09/08/2014 12:13 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

To start off with, here is a pic of my gorgeous first grandchild/granddaughter. I think she is perfect grin

On the EQ front, Australia is still coming up with tremors inland and, as I felt may occur (mentioned a while ago somewhere in this thread) Queensland may see more tremors. The offshore tremor which came up this morning may be the result (or possibly influenced by) all of the quakes in the island regions - above Oz and to the NE and east of our mainland.
In my very amateur opinion, I feel that the Oz plate moving somewhat northward and pushing up and under/into the regions surrounding the north of our continent, has also place pressure on the structure of the eastern coastline (Qld). There may be (???) other tremors popping up here and there along the east coasts (maybe)....

I hope to be back later on with more stuff on other regions.

For now Nanny Duck.

#1272609 - 10/08/2014 19:36 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

Japan's M6+, I feel, may be the beginning of a new 'round' of M5's which may pop up around the west of the Pacific regions.
Another region which may come up with maybe an M3+ is the west coast of the U.S. and Central America's.
Chile/west coast of South America has been rattling with M3+'s in the last 24 hours or so and I feel has a distant connection to the movement in Japan.

I also get a feeling that there may be an M5(ish) in the Mediterranean region surrounding the general locations of western Turkey and Greece. But this may also be closer to Italy.

I am still getting a niggling feeling that Australia may see an M3+ in the near term and for some reason I am also drawn to a coastline. A couple of 'names/letters' are sticking with me atm - namely "B" (Beechworth???/Vic or nearby) or another location with "B" in it's name.
Another spot which I am vaguely drawn to is near Cooktown in Qld and north of such (up the coast a bit) for maybe a small movement (M2+) - but this is just a very small feeling.
South Australia is still on my 'radar' for more movements maybe near or NE of Port Augusta????? I also feel that there may be a tremor (small?) in a region which may not normally feel movements or it has been 100 years or so since one was recorded in 'this' region.
Portland/Mount Gambier (somewhere in-between) is another location which I feel may have a small movement in the near future.

I feel an M6+ is brewing somewhere, but can't put a 'finger' on a location at the moment. This one may present a problem of some degree.

I feel there may be a decent rattle (M5???) in an 'ice' region, which may be related to a volcano...

All of the above are just feelings and not predictions - remember to 'take-with-a-pinch-of-salt' folks.

If I remember the other notes I wanted to jot here, I'll add them later.

For now, Duck.

#1272680 - 11/08/2014 16:11 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

Today, Geoscience put up on their site, 2 tremors for Oz which both are 'relevant' to what I felt what may occur since my last post;
Quote:
A couple of 'names/letters' are sticking with me atm - namely "B" (Beechworth???/Vic or nearby) or another location with "B" in it's name.

One of these tremors was near Mt Buller/Vic and the other was near Boorowa/NSW. Just for curiosities sake, the Mt Buller tremor was about 100 kms from Beechworth and Benalla, and about 50kms from Bright.

The western side of the Pacific has also started coming up with the M5's I also anticipated (mentioned in last post).
The Marianna's and NZ to name a couple. (Some eq's are not showing up on the Global Incidents Map - EQ's)
Also Mexico (Central America) came up with an EQ.

The Mediterranean region has revved up again with tremors and I still feel we may see an M5 in the mix there. I also still feel we may see an M5 in the NE Pacific region (U.S. coast?) soon.

In case some may have missed seeing the record, the North Pole came up with another tremor north of Canada in the last couple of days.

For the moment, Duck.

#1272980 - 14/08/2014 10:10 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

The Pacific regions came up with the M5's I was anticipating since my last post.

There have been a few quakes coming up which don't seem to have shown up on the Global Incident Map at the moment. I have been watching, when I can, the Earthquake Report - by Armand Vervaeck which has been keeping up with the quakes, as they happen.

The west coast of the U.S. has been rattling along with tremors, with the west coast of Canada corresponding or following on with rattles off or near the coast too. There have been a couple of smaller tremors inland of western Canada.
These regions, I feel, are related in activity due to the major fault lines which run up and through California - meet the Canadian coast fault lines and may be transferring energy into the Canadian western/coastal regions and faults.

As I also felt may occur, the northern coastal/and near regions of Africa (which spreads from Gibraltar and through to Egypt and the SE of there) have been coming up with EQ's. This energy, I feel, is still hovering around the peripheries of the Saudi Arabian lands.

I get a bit of a feeling that there may be some sort of 'energy' hovering around the sea region between Tasmania and the southern end of New Zealand South Island...?

Japan, in various locations, is still feeling the odd M4+. It seems to me that this country has some ongoing energy being released there (fault movements and I am wondering if there is some volcanic behaviour helping in a spot).

100kms due north of Mildura, Victoria, an M3.4 occurred in NSW this morning. This is another of those inland-type quakes which I have mentioned may keep coming up for Australia. I feel that the pressures being 'exerted' on the coastal edges of Australia (in several regions) may now be translating under and into and maybe along deep and shallow fault lines or 'vulnerable' (to stressors) geological spots which may have distant connections to coastal regions and/or may be old volcanic regions. By mentioning old volcanic regions, I don't mean we are on watch for volcanic eruptions...

There is more I could natter on about, but I don't have time atm.

For the moment, Duck.

Edited by duckweather (14/08/2014 10:12)

#1273495 - 17/08/2014 14:55 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks, finally smile

Australia is still coming up with the odd M3ish, with the last one being NE of Carnarvon today - M3.5 (currently registered at 0 kms deep, but this may change to between 0 kms and 10 deep). This tremor came 2 days after a pre-movement of M2.7 in a very nearby location.
Although Oz is not immune to M3's and above, I feel there may have been a slight increase in M3's cropping up lately.
And yep...I reckon there may be a couple more to come in the near future. There may even be a tremor bigger (marginally) than an M3, maybe on or near a coastline (inland). But with some of the tremors coming up quite a way inland, there may be a chance that M3+ could come up on the western side of an eastern range (NSW? Vic? SA?)...?

The EQ which came up today near Dili, East Timor - a very deep M5.3 was a good core rattler (meaning crust). I felt the reverberations (and heard the 'growl') go through the floor as I was working on my computer earlier. As soon as I felt it, I went straight the Earthquake Report site and found that this quake had just occurred. Considering the distance from Dili to Melbourne, I am guessing the folks who live closer to Dili (on the Oz mainland) would have felt something too...

The Pacific regions have been very active in the last 24 hours or so. Another interesting thing to observe is a volcano in Papua New Guinea is gaining some attention at the moment for activity.

Just while I remember to put this here, here is a link to the American Geophysical Union Landslide Blog
There is a video on this page of the side of a hill sliding down into a populated area in Utah. Incredible to watch, but also very sad for the folks whose homes were ruined by this movement. Included at the top of the page are the latest reports on the Nepal landslides and all the problems there at the 'base' of the Himalayas.

There are quite a few natural events which are impacting several communities across the planet at the moment. I am yet to catch up on all of the info surrounding such.

I feel there may be some energy edging its way up into and around France and the UK....but will check that a bit better later.
I'll try and come up with some more and better notes very soon, after I catch up with everything on the EQ front.

For now, Duck.

#1273684 - 18/08/2014 22:02 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

Following on from the Iran/Iraq border region M6+, there have been continuous tremors/quakes there. This series of quakes has been damaging for the local communities and the continuity of tremors (ranging in size - decreasing then increasing again) won't be helping the folks and their emergency workers currently.
The Earthquake Report is doing a good job keeping up with information as it comes to hand.
This a region which I have eluded to in past posts as having energy (in my mind) running through this region, with potential for quakes in the current times - unfortunately. This is also part of the region I have been referring to when mentioning the peripheries of the Saudi Arabian region.

Some of this energy seems to have activated the further regions to the west of Greece and Albania. There may be more tremors to come for these surrounds.

There may be a chance that this energy may translate to the SE, and down towards the NE of Oman/NW of the Arabian Sea..???
And maybe NW of the Cyprus region.

There may have been a tremor in the general region of Zambia/lower Congo in the last 36 hours...have to check some info on that one.

Oklahoma is still experiencing tremors (one was an M3.8) but these are not coming up on the Global Incidents Map.
California, maybe around/to the SW of Eureka may come up with an M3+(+?).

I feel the global 'energy' has temporarily shifted to the part of the globe which incorporates the Indian Ocean, the peripheries of the Saudi Peninsula and the Mediterranean. Beyond this episode of movements, I feel that there will be a 'shift' back to the Pacific region.

The above 'feelings' are not predictions, just thoughts from the old Duck. I always hope for no EQ troubles for any region.

For now, Duck.

Edited by duckweather (18/08/2014 22:03)
Edit Reason: spelling once more

#1273824 - 19/08/2014 22:44 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

As I felt may occur (last post) some 'energy' from the quakes in Iran/Iraq border region traveled SE down the Persian Gulf, to southern Iran.

Other regions I suspected would also feel tremors were France and the UK. They both felt tremors not too long after the movements in Iran/Iraq and the Mediterranean.

The Pacific also started to come up with EQ's I felt it would following the quakes in the NW Arabian Sea/Persian Gulf regions and the Mediterranean.

I feel that Japan and the surrounding regions (maybe back into the Marianna's regions) and back towards the general region of PNG/Indonesia may yet come up with M4+'s.
I also get a feeling that most of the immediate future EQ's in this general region will be on the shallower side, with the deeper ones being near maybe Fiji or nearby (if they have another tremor).

Victoria and S.A. are showing some intermittent rumbles (very small) on several seismo's. Canberra seismo has also shown the odd (less than Vic and S.A.) jitter. There maybe another small coastal tremor on the eastern (perhaps middle to lower) side of Australia. Or...maybe just inland in relation to mountain ranges and/or landforms which may have valleys which travel eastwards towards the sea (Tasman, Coral????).
Some of the jitters on some southern states seismo's (mainly Vic and SA) almost look like harmonic tremors. But I may have misread these movements and they may have only been relative to weather conditions or sub-jitters from quakes building north, NE and east of Oz or after-jitters from local tremors.

Some regions/names/letters which have crossed my mind (which may be totally irrelevant to tremor activity) are;
Romsey (Vic),
Davao (Philippines)
Vietnam,
Naha,
White or silver,
'Golden', 'Port', 'K....?', 'Q....?,
Idaho,
Fort....
All of these may mean nothing on the EQ front or anything else for that matter. I just like to mention some of these things as I think of them in case they may go on to have some meaning in the short term.

By the way, a volcano in Iceland is barreling along with harmonic tremors currently. This behaviour is moderately unexpected at this time. It's last activity was perhaps 70 years ago (harmonic tremors building to an eruption) - I may have only scrappy info here, but it is definitely occurring. The island is n/west of Scotland and SE of Iceland. I had a thought recently (one of those 'words' in note) that an "ice" (word) region was going to feature in an activity of sorts.

Take all I speculate on with a grain of salt (I am a broken record smile ). They are just feelings.

For now, Duck.

Edited by duckweather (19/08/2014 22:46)
Edit Reason: extra

#1273854 - 20/08/2014 13:42 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Just a quicky (post) folks.

Mount Gambier and another part of SA have just had small movements. The one from Mt Gambier was possibly what we just felt come through here (faint vibration in the floor).
Seismo's (current time)
Geoscience EQ's register

For now, Duck.

#1273961 - 21/08/2014 18:57 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

Just for interests' sake, there have been approx. 60 tremors for Australia in the last 30 days. This does not include smaller movements which have not formally recorded as tremors. If my observation serves me correctly here, I think the 60 number is an increase on what 'normally' occurs on the tremor front for Oz.
Another observation is a buoy in the Coral Sea (way offshore from QLD) was still in event mode today, when I last looked at National Data Buoy Centre (still going). Have a look at the reading (drop) for two days ago, when it seemed to start the event mode....
Yet another quick observation of mine today, was the inclusion of seismograph charting on "Mappage" for Cleve in South Australia.

Iceland has come up with a tremor, as has below Eureka (U.S. west coast), Japan, PNG and PNG/Indonesia, the base of the Himalayas (India), general west of the Pacific.

I hope I will get a chance a little later to jot some more, otherwise I'll natter here tomorrow.

For now, Duck.

Edited by duckweather (21/08/2014 18:58)

Page 75 of 154 < 1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 153 154 >

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 45 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
colorado, Effrem, whitsunday
Forum Stats
29947 Members
32 Forums
24194 Topics
1529243 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image