Page 83 of 153 < 1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 152 153 >
Topic Options
#1294861 - 02/01/2015 07:27 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
Dale Small Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Greymouth - West Coast, NZ..
Happy New Year to you Duck.. hope you had a good xmassy break.
It has been rather quiet of sorts over here but funny you mentioned Cook Strait.. that hasn't been a hotspot for a while but I had a pretty wild vision the other night.. Cook Strait & the Marlborough Sounds kept coming up, so those I will watch closely.

#1295165 - 02/01/2015 21:48 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Dale Small]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Wantirna, Vic
Hi Dale and all.

Yeh, for some reason Cook Strait is poking at me and it could be because the far northern end (off shore) of the North Island and the south (off shore) of the South Island have been experiencing quakes. I feel that the energy producing these quakes (and obviously there are some jitters elsewhere in both islands) top and bottom may cause the 'bend' in the plates in Cook Strait to respond if irritated hard enough.

Now my thoughts here could be wrong, but it is just a feeling I get. Even if I am wrong, These feelings still niggle at me occasionally and sometimes it is some time later (days or week/s) that regions I have mentioned as possibles do eventually come up with quakes. Of course, none of us want these quakes to happen.

The western side of the ROF has behaved as I expected it to, particularly that region from Kamchatka - down through Japan to Indonesia general regions.

Another region which I felt would rev up with the magnitude of their quakes is the Mediterranean. This includes the general region of Algeria (sneaking back into the Gibraltar Strait and surrounds). This particular region, in my minds-eye I see a connection/route in from the Atlantic -> Gibraltar -> Algeria and on into the Mediterranean Sea regions.
Coming in from the east, into the Mediterranean regions is the energy/connection with the Saudi Arabian regions, Iran, Iraq -> through to Turkey - with Greece and Italy being a couple of the countries in the middle of this vast 'line'.

Some time ago (actually in late June 2014) there was a "meteorological tsunami" (as named by the scientists in that region) in the Adriatic Sea. The scientists may have got the reason for the tsunami right (they are the experts - not me). But....I could not get out of my mind that this may have been also plate/fault related. Though I may be way out (wrong) there, I still have a sneaking suspicion that the tsunami in June may be also related to EQ/tremor activity being experienced in this and nearby regions. You never know...?

The U.S. west coast came up with an M5 I suspected was being built up to - given recent consistent smaller tremor behaviours and activity.

Canada's islands off the west coast has also just come up with an M5 I thought may crop up. Especially (again, in my mind) since the M5 off the western U.s. coast 22 hours ago.....

Oklahoma is a problem....I feel for the folks there.

Anyway, there is always more I can gabble on about, but I don't want to bore you with too much to read. Some of you must think I am a daffy Duck anyway wink

Cheers for now.

P.s. stay safe SA and Vic with the fire and heat issues at the moment. As I type this post, it is 32 degrees C atm...may not get much sleep tonight. Take care folks.

#1295919 - 04/01/2015 15:48 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

That region in Russia, has been rattling along with quakes, is an interesting mountainous area, which must be feeling the effects of a fault shift. I don't know enough about this region unfortunately to say too much more about it, other than that it is rattling along quite consistently in the last 24 hours particularly. I do feel, though, that these quakes may be connected to a fault (?) which may run down SW through to the Lake of Baikal.

Idaho, in the U.S., has been feeling some decent movement, with the largest there being an M5.2 at a fairly shallow depth of 10kms.
Folks there have been reporting sounds of explosions from below them, only to have the emergency services go out looking for the source (e.g. above or below ground) and cannot find anything. Is the noise the release of pressure giving in a fault line and/or pressure being exerted outwards from the Yellowstone caldera, putting pressure on some faults - causing them to shift - short and sweet. Or....possibly volcanic activity - as in underground gaseous releases....my guess is as good as yours atm......??
I am also wondering of they need to keep an eye out for potential landslips if this activity continues.

Algeria is still moving like I said it would, as is the region off the Canadian west coast near the Queen Charlotte islands/Vancouver Island.

Remember I mentioned that I felt that the countries to the east and SE of Iceland may come up with tremors? The Netherlands came up with a small movement in the last couple of days. This may be 'married' in with the movements being felt in Norway and the UK (Scotland/Ireland/England).

In my mind's-eye, I get a feeling that the tremors/quakes cause in the Mediterranean Sea - as in the energy - is moving north'ish up towards the Black Sea region. There is rather a concerted 'push' going on there (I reckon).

For the moment, Duck.

P.s and pssst...thanks Weatherzone for your message wishing this old daffy Duck a Happy B'day - yay me...I am starting my slide down the other side of 50 now eek

Edited by duckweather (04/01/2015 15:48)
Edit Reason: spelling again

#1296178 - 05/01/2015 10:47 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

The Newstead seimo (in Victoria, just NW of Melbourne) is registering a curious disturbance at the moment. It has been jittering with smallish spikes for the last hour.
The seismo in Hawker in South Australia has shown a smallish movement too (this one is a definite movement over or under a minute in duration. Size??? Dunno yet - maybe an M2, but I have been wrong about predicting the size of our tremors before.

The USGS records all of their tremors, no matter the size. Everything from negative readings and up to the larger ones. I'd love to see Australia (Geo) do this too, as it would give EQ nerds like me, a chance to see what, when and where all the movements are in Australia. I just feel it in me bones that there are many small jitters (down to M0.1 and up) that happen, but may not be being placed on the public records (Geo site).

We may be in for another run of tremors in Oz, sizes being the fairly usual ones and maybe an M3++? We'll see.

For now, Duck.

P.s. link to "mappage" for Newstead seimso and others - here

P.p.s. Just discovered that Macquarie Island has just had an M4.9 at 10kms deep, this may have affected the seismo in Vic, but not completely sure of this.

Edited by duckweather (05/01/2015 10:50)
Edit Reason: bit extra

#1296233 - 05/01/2015 16:04 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
Dale Small Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Originally Posted By: duckweather
Idaho, in the U.S., has been feeling some decent movement, with the largest there being an M5.2 at a fairly shallow depth of 10kms.

Yes, my Mum now lives in Idaho & she sent me an email telling me that it was a wild ride for them.. she thought she got away from all that stuff when she left Christchurch & here on the West Coast! Can't win them all..

#1296350 - 06/01/2015 08:04 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
Dale Small Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Well, it's happened Duck..

A little over 3 hours ago we all got woken by a huge quake in North Canterbury.. a 6.4 @ 11kms deep just North of Methven.. which in turn triggered a cluster of quakes on the Alpine Fault near Arthurs Pass.. less than 1 hours drive from here. Was a hell of a way to wake up I tell you, thought my daughter was jumping on the bed! Was being pulled left, right, backwards & forwards and then up & down.. made me quite seasick actually.

No reports of injurys or damage as yet, the epicentre isn't very populated but it sure gave everyone a fright.

Have felt it in my bones for days and as we were talking about Cook Strait earlier.. this one was a bit closer to home.

#1296359 - 06/01/2015 08:53 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Dale Small]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi Dale.

You know, I never doubted your intuition on this one. As soon as you mentioned your suspicions about that feeling you had, I felt your instinct was right.
I didn't get a chance to sit down and reply to your second last post, but I did see it very briefly.
This morning, just now, my first thought was to check this thread, as "Dale" was on my mind and "NZ", and saw you have mentioned your EQ.
I hope all is well there and I understand that your nerves would have been rattled with this one. It looks like it was fairly shallow too and must have been felt over some distance, possibly even a bit into the North Island.

I have just checked to see that there are (not surprisingly) many after/continuing movements there at the moment, still of reasonable sizes from M3'ish up to M4+. This may go on for some time.

I feel that if this larger movement has occurred, as you felt it would, I still also feel that Cook Strait (or to the north or to the south - peripheral region???) may feel a movement too, but I could be wrong.

Let's hope that there are no more quakes which cause issues for you guys, along the "land of the long white cloud". We don't mind the odd sneaky rattle, but not the nasty ones.

You mentioned you family in Idaho and the current quake/tremor situation there -
Quote:
Yes, my Mum now lives in Idaho & she sent me an email telling me that it was a wild ride for them.. she thought she got away from all that stuff when she left Christchurch & here on the West Coast! Can't win them all..

I felt for her when you mentioned this...it must have felt like a horrible case of deja vu after her experience in Christchurch.

Stay safe Dale and all, and hope I can drop in again later.

For now, Duck.

Edited by duckweather (06/01/2015 08:56)

#1296521 - 06/01/2015 19:22 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Lindsay Knowles]
Dale Small Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hey Duck.

It has been chopping & changing all day but has now settled down a bit on Arthurs Pass as the main epicentre of this mornings quake. The computer generated alerts were initially correct, until changed via human input just on 7am NZDST .. probably hadn't had their coffee yet but never mind.

All in all, they cannot tell which fault ruptured.. it "wasn't" the Alpine.. but I have sources telling me there hasn't been a signifigant quake in that area for the last 50-60 years.. which puts things back to the Inangahua quake in the 1960's.. that one did a LOT of damage here in Greymouth & not 5 minutes walk up the road there is a house still standing from that era, but is severely damaged.

Been having aftershocks all day, I have barely noticed them but around 1710 NZDST we had a fairly sizeable one which pricked my senses up a little.

This is how we "roll" here on the West Coast wink

#1296579 - 06/01/2015 22:01 Re: Earthquakes [Re: Dale Small]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi all.

Dale, I have tried to look at the maps of the quake you felt; the 60's quake and the Alpine Fault.
Your quake, in the last 24 hours, looks like it was awfully close to the Alpine Fault. If it wasn't this fault directly, it may have been sister faults (possible offshoots of the Alpine). Of course I don't have the 'science' on this one, so I may be wrong.

As you have seen today, there have been some moderate quakes at both ends of the Alpine Fault (south of the Sth Is. & north of the North Is. and niggles in various places in between).

Added to the mix of quakes in NZ have been movements near Macquarie Island, Easter Island, Pacific-Antarctic Ridges and other places 'above' Antarctica. This, to me, shows a good deal of 'energy' lurking in the southern end of the planet.
In my mind also, I see this energy driving quakes on the west coast of South America, Central America and the west coastal regions of the United States.

Regarding the west coastal regions of the United States, there seems to be some quite serious energy lurking around the San Andreas and sister faults. (Oklahoma and surrounds are a given for irritating and continual tremors unfortunately). Their tremors appear to have grown in size recently and to me indicates (if it doesn't die down to small tremors again) the potential for an M5 or more in a 'catch-and-release' scenario again). Having said this, below is a link to a report where scientists are concerned that this scenario may occur for the Canadian west coast near Vancouver Island, as they feel there is a 'catch-to-be-released' situation possibly building at the moment. This is what I have been suspecting may be the situation for this region too.

B.C. earthquakes could be foreshocks lea...anuary 05, 2015

The Gibraltar - out to the Portugal regions are moving as I suspected they may as well. This is another region (particularly along the faults near and to the west of Gibraltar [out to the Madeira and Azores island regions). I feel the Atlantic is connected/responsible for providing some of the energy for these quakes as well as a sneaking suspicion that there may be some deep volcanic energy there too (I may be wrong on that one).

Iceland is continuing to throw up M5's, as I have said all along that it would. This will continue for some time, even if sporadically.

There is more that I can natter on about here, but I don't want to bore you with a long post.
But I will just mention a niggling silly thought/feeling I have atm.. I get a feeling that there may be a quake come up in the Pacific Ocean (and/or Southern Ocean), which may be a location that may be very unusual for a quake (re: historical records). This may be a fault which hasn't previously come to 'light' recently or hasn't moved for a very, very long time. It may have us all raising our eye-brows.....will see if this just a daffy Duck dippy dream...

For the moment, Duck.

#1296671 - 07/01/2015 12:40 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

About an hour or so ago, we felt a tiny jolt here, which rattled a glass desk (attachments/art stuff) slightly and the roof creaked a little. The seismo I regularly watch NW of Melbourne didn't register anything though. If it was a tiny movement, my guess it came from a south, SE or easterly direction...?

The United States is coming up with even more M3's near Oklahoma, in the states of Northern Texas and new Mexico (quick succession). It 'feels' like the energy is spreading and diversifying in these U.S. regions. It also leads me to think that somewhere in these vast regions there may end up being a moderate quake to occur - let's hope not of course.

The Russian lake region (Buryatiya and Baikal), I mentioned earlier, is still moving. This is a location (general) that I have eluded to on occasions over a long time, and is one I am always drawn to (even though I don't always mention it) as being a potential one to watch for fault/lake region related activity.

For the moment, Duck.

#1296887 - 07/01/2015 16:46 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

The west coast of Central America (south of Panama) has had an M6.6, which correlates with what I was nattering on about re: the energy being driven up and around the eastern side of the Pacific. No tsunami warning has been issued, but near the location there may have been some water disturbances.
I get a wee feeling that the 'drive' that caused this quake may filter further north and maybe we could see a moderate quake come up on the western side of South America...

Tremors for Australia, for last few days, are starting to be added to the Geoscience website.............

For now Duck (not Dcuk - as I put on the Vic weather thread today smile )

#1298396 - 10/01/2015 18:30 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

Just a quickie post for now, but I thought you might be (raise an eyebrow or two?) with the following report. I found it very interesting;

Are Tofino's hot springs running cold after earthquake? - CBC News (British Columbia, Canada)
Have a look at a couple of the replies/comments too......

For the moment, Duck.

#1298854 - 12/01/2015 12:05 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

The plate edge/ridge running up the centre of the Atlantic is behaving as I anticipated it would, coming up with quakes - dotted north to south. Interestingly, the quakes are all of a fairly shallow depth.

Australia came up with a new run of tremors in the 'usual' states - WA, SA and NSW. WE seem to have a lull, as I have mentioned before, then new runs of energy flow in from the south, east and west of the continent. Eventually QLD may come up with a movement perhaps in relation to energy from their north, NE and east...
The NT and perhaps just west/top into WA may come up with another tremor in the near future. My mind also keeps 'travelling' to the centre or near-abouts of the NT too for another tremor....will see - could be wrong.
We had a booming sound here yesterday, with a small wind gust following it immediately. The two may be totally unrelated. Nothing recorded with Geo to my knowledge.

The United States is still being rattled by quakes/tremors in the places I've been nattering on about and this is frustrating many folks over there. The thoughts about the causes are anything from a combination or or individually - the San Andreas, New Madrid, fracking and so on.
I have often felt that some of the energy below Oklahoma (and to the ESE) may be related possibly with the Gulf of Mexico. What I mean by this, is that I feel there is a subtle connection with the Gulf with faults which could marry up with the New Madrid or one of its sister faults.
Louisiana may come back into the news in the near future regarding water issues associated with the sinkhole there, which I feel (the sinkhole) may be associated with the Gulf of Mexico and its tidal forces. I feel these two may be connected as the sinkhole may have leached into and connected with the Gulf or visa versa. I don't have the science on this, but it is just a feeling of mine and I could be wrong.

The eastern side of the U.S. (New York and adjoining Canada) is showing up with more intermittent tremors these days.
Running in from the Sargasso Sea towards Connecticut, in a NW direction, is a set of undersea mounds which may illustrate some sort of undersea fault line running up into where Connecticut had there their M2.3 on the 9th January (a few days ago). The Sargasso Sea sits west of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge.

Britain (Scotland particularly) is still coming up with the odd tremor in the NW. Again, as I said it would (along with other countries 'facing' Iceland and the Atlantic Ridge. Even Holland came up with a tremor.

Another region which is rattling with the tremors/quakes I felt it would is the strait of Gibraltar and the locations to its east and west. This includes Algeria.

The general Mediterranean region (from Spain over to the west of the Arabian Peninsula, is quite active at the moment.
As is the peripheral regions of the Arabian Peninsula.

Alaska's tremors are as numerous as the west coast of the United States. They may go on to see and M4+ up into the Gulf there or onland into the NW/N reaches.

The west coast of South America is showing the energy/quakes I said it would in this time frame, as has the west coast of Central America.

Canada west coast may not be out of the woods yet regarding another M4+.

Remember, what I say to take all I 'feel' with a 'pinch-of-salt', as I may be wrong with some of my observation/thoughts.

Anyway, for the moment, Duck.

Edited by duckweather (12/01/2015 12:06)
Edit Reason: extra

#1299427 - 14/01/2015 17:04 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

Tasmania's M3.7 earthquake (0kms deep) occurred in an open cut mine. Apparently no-one was injured, there was no mine blasting at the time and operations ceased for a few hours whilst a roll call and safety checks were done.
An M3.7 in a mine is a considerable movement for a mine region. The details are still being refined for this tremor/quake.

For the moment, Duck.

#1299469 - 14/01/2015 20:58 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi again for today.

I have tried to find out some more info on Tasmania and its EQ/tremor. At the moment info is a bit thin on it, but I do believe that their quake may have been on a known fault line (name unkown?) and near to the mine.

The list below is information I have 'borrowed' from The Earthquake Track and I think there are a couple of tremors missing from this list, and today's is not on this list yet.

The location of today's quake seems to be a little unusual, but given the geology of the area (folds?) it is not far from what I see as a 'vulnerable' part of a vast area which leads into Bass Strait to the north and the lower Great Oz Bight to the west.

7 years ago 3.8 magnitude, 10 km depth
Burnie, Tasmania, Australia
9 years ago 2.2 magnitude, 4 km depth
Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
10 years ago 4.3 magnitude, 10 km depth
Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
13 years ago 4.3 magnitude, 10 km depth
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
13 years ago 4.5 magnitude, 10 km depth
17 years ago 4.0 magnitude, 10 km depth
Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
29 years ago 4.0 magnitude, 10 km depth

Source - The Earthquake Track (see link above for a map of the quakes listed).

On another note, we just had an irritating deep hum go through here, which would have been very annoying to sensitive ears. This corresponded (maybe not related to...?) Hawker (SA) registering a distinct approx. 2 minute movement on their seismo. If this noise had nothing to do with Hawker, then my other thought is that it may have come from Bass Strait or near there. Would love to know exactly what it was (if it was earth/ground related). I get a funny feeling we are in for another tremor.....

The western Pacific, including into eastern Sichuan/China, is a bit of a hot-bed of activity at the moment. Though mainly down the western side of the Pacific for M5's.

NZ and the Kermadec's are still quite active. The U.S. and the Mediterranean are in the same 'boat'. Philadelphia (or surrounds) are sticking in my mind's radar atm for some reason.

(Take all I say with a pinch of salt folks)

For now, Duck.

Edited by duckweather (14/01/2015 21:00)
Edit Reason: ermergerd..spelling again

#1299783 - 15/01/2015 22:25 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

South Australia may have just had a tremor. A vast area in a considerable radius, with Adelaide possibly in the centre of the circle, of seismo's have registered a movement. I am not sure of the size of the tremor.
In my amateur opinion, if that many seismo's have registered the same movement at almost the same time, there was a tremor. It may be moderately shallow, between 0kms deep and 10kms deep?
Geoscience hasn't 'marked' any tremor on their site as yet.

If anyone feels a tremor in Oz, go to the Geoscience website and fill in a "Felt and earthquake?" form, so Geoscience can look at it almost immediately and inform people of a tremors nature, size and potential impact. I think if they receive enough reports they may have the duty seismologist (?) add it to the site a.s.a.p. so that people know they haven't imagined things wink

I have been watching the lower states of Oz seismo's particularly in the last couple of days, and I had a feeling we would see another tremor pop up. Some of the small spikes on the seismo's for SA, NSW and vic have shown some minor erratic movements, which had me feeling that this behaviour was going to culminate in a tremor somewhere between these states, but a little more in the SA regions. Kangaroo Island, or there-abouts, may be in the mix for a movement...but I am not certain of this.

Either something is brewing or this energy may dissipate.

For now, Duck.

Edited by duckweather (15/01/2015 22:28)

#1299871 - 16/01/2015 14:20 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

I was right about SA having a tremor last night. It was an M2 at 8kms deep. Most of Australia's quakes and tremors are fairly shallow so anticipating the depth is not hard to do usually.

I mentioned in my last post that I thought Adelaide may have been the 'centre' of and/or within the general radius of where thw tremor may have occurred. The tremor was not far north of Adelaide in/near Mallala. So I wasn't too far off with my estimation this time.

There are still small movements coming up on the SA seismo's and it wouldn't surprise me if another tremor occurred in SA in the short term. The general energy for SA's tremors has been hovvering around the eastern regions of Port Pirie and Port Augusta, but this latest movement helps confirm (a bit) my suspicions that there may be energy coming in/in from Kangaroo Island region. This is why I said that something may show up in the Kangaroo Island region as a tremor....will see.

The seismo NW of Melbourne is also jittering along, here and there, with the SA movements. So there must be, in my mind, some stealthy energy running around the SA regions and the west and SW of Melbourne (close to the SA border).
There may also be some energy running along the coastal regions of SA and Vic....?

Geoscience Australia

For the moment, Duck.

#1300472 - 18/01/2015 11:09 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

My son noticed the seismo's in Oz registering a considerable movement and called me. I looked at it immediately and told him that this is more than likely (without knowing the location yet), given the nature of the behaviour of the seismo's, that this is the Banda Sea in Indonesia. Waiting for the Earthquake Report to come up with its noting of the EQ, it definitely was the Banda Sea.
Generally speaking, I 'read' the seismo's behaviour to determine where the quakes have possibly occurred and then check the USGS, Geoscience or the Earthquake Report for confirmation.

I think that SA also had another tremor this morning. It looked like Hawker may have been the closest seismo to pick up the tremor....will see if the region of SA somewhere between Port Augusta and the Flinders Ranges National Park may be where this new tremor occurred....

I may be back later....

for now, Duck.

#1300768 - 18/01/2015 22:16 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi again for today.

Oklahoma is relentlessly experiencing tremors. I find this quite worrying for the folks there. It makes you wonder what is causing these movements on such a continual basis and what they may be destabilizing regarding buildings and underground - let alone the feelings of the folks there. Most of their tremors are at about 5kms deep. My gut feeling is that a fault line/s are feeling constant pressures from a southern origin or an east/west slipping - movement grinding up and tending eastish. I could be absolutely wrong here.

Regarding the SE of Canada (incorporating the waterway of Quebec, Montreal etc), I have in the past mentioned my eye being drawn to the St Lawrence Seaway -> leading into the Gulf of St. Lawrence for future movements (those movements referred to movements occurring in the current times, as well as feeling that the niggles would start some time ago).

I feel there is an M6+ brewing in the Pacific.....

Gotta go for now - hope to do a better post tomorrow folks.

Cheers, Duck.

#1301254 - 19/01/2015 22:23 Re: Earthquakes [Re: duckweather]
duckweather Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Hi folks.

I've been watching the seismo's for SA, Vic and NSW today, and had a look at a Tassie seismo too.
What I noticed were agitations all over the place and some interesting small movements. Even the glass of water beside me, as I worked, was showing corresponding (with Vic seismo) very small vibrations and a few tiny rocking motions. Some of the jitters even looked to me like harmonic type jitters (minor). The Oz seismo's are fairly settled atm.
I thought at one point that these may have been a precursor to a tremor somewhere in the Oz lower states or offshore in Bass Strait or the Bight....but could be wrong.

There have been quite widespread tremors/quakes dotted across the globe today and this may have also caused some reverberations by degrees for our seismo's.

The Atlantic, again, has thrown up quakes, including Iceland. Even up into the Greenland Sea and down to the South Sandwich Islands.
Britain is still coming up the odd tremor, as is Gibraltar and the Canary islands is starting to come up with tremors again.

Oklahoma (M4+), Colorado (M3) and Kansas (M3.9) have just had their latest rattles in fairly quick succession. Some other places in the U.S. are feeling harmonic tremors (Idaho for example) as well as small tremor clustering. I get a feeling still that the U.S. may see an M5 soon.

Hawaii may come up with an M3.

The Mediterranean is still quite active and I feel an M5 may show up to the east (towards Turkey/Greece perhaps).

Today, to the east, I saw a rainbow cloud, some ribbed clouds and a vertical cloud.....just a mention for info/interest's sake...

For the moment, Duck.

Page 83 of 153 < 1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 152 153 >

Who's Online
3 registered (Dr Philosophy, Warmfront, 1 invisible), 477 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Ladybeetle, Roddy001
Forum Stats
29947 Members
32 Forums
24188 Topics
1528916 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image