Page 2 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 ... 29 30 >
Topic Options
#1206373 - 06/08/2013 08:57 Re: Federal Election Sept 07 2013 [Re: boomer]
refstar Offline
Weather Freak

Gotta love all he lefties wailing and gnashing their teeth about the media being against poor ol' KRudd. Welcome to our world - suck it up princesses!

#1206383 - 06/08/2013 09:45 Re: Federal Election Sept 07 2013 [Re: refstar]
ColdFront Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Wide Bay..Near the beach
Originally Posted By: refstar
suck it up princesses!

I've heard that somewhere before. It was for the Country Liberal Party member up in Darwin by the name of Paul Mossman.

"The CLP candidate for Millner, Paul Mossman, "has found himself in all sorts of trouble over some appallingly sexist statements he made on an Internet political discussion board". Mossman posted on an Inside Politics thread regarding a 13-year-old girl in Florida who had been denied an abortion, saying she "should have just kept her legs closed in the first place". The comment has since been removed but the cached Google page remains. Other comments on the site by Mossman include one stating that there are "plenty in line waiting their chances" to assume the CLP leadership, and several supporting views expressed by fellow commenter Philippe Gregoire, a man with far too much to say."

Must be a right wing thing to pick on young women . I read yesterday Rupert had to issue an apology to the woman Abbott was alleged to have punch the wall next to. That must have hurt.

#1206385 - 06/08/2013 09:49 Re: Federal Election Sept 07 2013 [Re: boomer]
refstar Offline
Weather Freak

Good to see you maintain your gutless personal attacks Coldsore.

#1206387 - 06/08/2013 09:54 Re: Federal Election Sept 07 2013 [Re: boomer]
ColdFront Offline

WTF? That's a direct quote from crikey about a politician in Darwin? How is that a personal attack. The person it relates to was banned permanently from these forums a couple of years back.

#1206388 - 06/08/2013 09:56 Re: Federal Election Sept 07 2013 [Re: boomer]
refstar Offline
Weather Freak

Great, so even on your admission he doesn't have a chance to defend himself while you slag him off? Isn't this a Federal election? So what does that have to do with anything?

You are a gutless troll.

#1206389 - 06/08/2013 10:00 Re: Federal Election Sept 07 2013 [Re: boomer]
ColdFront Offline

Slag him off? Are you for real? It's a direct quote ,not my words! The man is a dog if there's any truth in it. 13 year old girls are classed as minors for a reason. Having spent time on a jury in a carnal knowledge case I find it incredibly appalling that a grown man would label a 13 year old girl. Now that is gutless.

#1206394 - 06/08/2013 10:18 Re: Federal Election Sept 07 2013 [Re: refstar]
Cheers Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: sevenhills nsw
Great, so even on your admission he doesn't have a chance to defend himself while you slag him off? Isn't this a Federal election? So what does that have to do with anything?

You are a gutless troll.

I find it hard to believe that you would lower your self to defend a low life like this bloke.
LNP does have a high nutter element in their ranks.

CF is not a gutless troll.
Too bad I can't post what you are buddy as I don't want to risk a ban on WZ.

#1206400 - 06/08/2013 10:46 Re: Federal Election Sept 07 2013 [Re: Cheers]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: El Arish
Jobs for mates cost $4m
NT NEWS | April 1st, 2013

The others are Rhianna Harker (about $125,000), Paul Mossman ($111,000) and Kim Loveday ($110,000).

Former CLP candidate Rohan Kelly, who was formerly being paid about $88,000 in the Chief Minister's Office, has left to work for federal politician Natasha Griggs.

Full story here
http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2013/04/01/319060_ntnews.html

Humans think they are the fabric of society,when they are merely part of the thread.

#1206409 - 06/08/2013 12:41 Re: Federal Election Sept 07 2013 [Re: refstar]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

You are a gutless troll.

Why does it concern you so? Unless you are the person in question?

Personally i could not think of anything worse than having Abbot as PM, he is like the proverbial "puppet on a string" "ah
ah,......... ...................... ah,.............. .............. ah,................................... great...... big.... new..... tax...,
ah,.......... ............. ah,......................... more tax, ah, ah,ah."

Who would want to put up with that everyday?

It is like he has to think of every single word that comes out of his mouth so he doesn't put his foot in it!

I wonder if he does get into office, how long it will be before he get's knifed in the back, aka Kruddy style? whistle

Humans think they are the fabric of society,when they are merely part of the thread.

#1206410 - 06/08/2013 12:54 Re: Federal Election Sept 07 2013 [Re: ColdFront]
Rime Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Perth,WA
Originally Posted By: ColdFront
WTF? That's a direct quote from crikey about a politician in Darwin? How is that a personal attack. The person it relates to was banned permanently from these forums a couple of years back.

ColdFront, that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. The post you put up, which you did not even cite the source I might add, was about something relating to the NT election way back in 2005. TROLL.

Originally Posted By: Cheers

Too bad I can't post what you are buddy as I don't want to risk a ban on WZ.

Making this comment alone is enough. You should have been banned long before now or at least given a "time out".

You and to some extent CF as well, would not give a rats if that offense was committed by someone else who fitted into your own political tribe. You would turn a blind eye or just defend it. Some of your posts over the years would be up there in the offensive bracket as much as what was just quoted. You are a hypocrite who does not care about principles, but sides.

This really reflects the huge problem in politics in Australia, if not the world over now. The left wing have bastardised politics to this level of complete pettiness. It is never about the principles anymore. It is the side you sit on.

Rudd changes border policy to be humane. The Left cheer. Rudd changes border policy again that is more inhumane than Howard's policy. The Left cheer. It is tribalism, not principle and that is why they stand as hypocrites.

Originally Posted By: @_Yasified_shak

You are a gutless troll.

Why does it concern you so? Unless you are the person in question?

Most likely because it has absolutely nothing to do with this topic.

#1206412 - 06/08/2013 13:03 Re: Federal Election Sept 07 2013 [Re: boomer]
Brett Guy Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Bently Park, Cairns
Their all hypocrites Rime. Not just the left wing. Labour will not get my vote this year due to their previous affiliation with the greens and also because of their dysfunctional system. As for the Libs. No way.And as for Abbot! The man is morally bankrupt and totally braindead. He happily opposes good legislation for the country simply because he thinks it will gain him political points and give him power in the long run. If you want to vote for someone that will intentionally hurt this country in order to gain power then go for it. But don't whinge when he gets going. In reality my vote will be completely wasted this year as it will either be for some obscure minor party or it will be an empty ballot paper. Sad really.

#1206413 - 06/08/2013 13:05 Re: Federal Election Sept 07 2013 [Re: refstar]
ColdFront Offline

Gotta love all he lefties wailing and gnashing their teeth about the media being against poor ol' KRudd. Welcome to our world - suck it up princesses!

Read here for here it all started and remove the blinkers Rime. It's not the first time that same line has been used by that same poster either. The real question here is why he so rapidly jumped to the defence of the indefensible?

The contribution from Refstar was about nothing but TROLLING the "left". I simply served an article about the "right" in response and it has everything to do with the election as the person who made the comments is still around campaigning for the coalition so spare me the crap that it is somehow OT.

Secondly I find it sickening that ANYONE could attack a 13 year old girl for getting pregnant and don't give a stuff whether they are a politician ,policeman or a toilet cleaner. It is still filth. She is a minor as recognised by law and should be respected as such and that you can somehow assume that no-one else cares just because you don't is concerning.

Last time I looked this was about politics and the article is a political quote !!

Originally Posted By: Rime
The post you put up, which you did not even cite the source

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/pollbludger/2005/05/30/place-your-bets/

Just one of many on it. Go Google it.

#1206417 - 06/08/2013 13:21 Re: Federal Election Sept 07 2013 [Re: boomer]
Seabreeze Offline
Weatherzone Moderator

Loc: South West Rocks, NSW
Thread reopened. A number of posts made yesterday were unacceptable and contained personal / inflammatory remarks. Please keep posts like these out of this thread in future.

Thankyou.

Edited by Seabreeze (07/08/2013 15:19)
Edit Reason: Re-opening of thread.

#1206560 - 07/08/2013 19:37 Re: Federal Election Sept 07 2013 [Re: boomer]
bundybear Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Between Bundy and Gladstone
I will vote for the person who is realistic about families. I am sick of the take from one to give to another.

Tony is wanting to increase the paid parent leave for families with newborns. Money to come not from us taxpayers but the top 3000 companies paying a levy. Yeah, they will all go "Good O" on that one and not pass it on to the consumer. For every 1% extra they charge a company we seem to pay an extra 2 % to cover the cost of the tax/levy and the administration. So the top 3000 companies in Aus will be put at a 2% price increase disadvantaged to imported goods. Bye bye more Aussie jobs.

I missed which one wants to raise the GST.

Rudd wants to introduce a .05% savings account levy, that of course the banks will pay. We certainly wouldn't be hit with that one in one way or another will we? We all know banks are so bountiful in passing on every saving they can to the people who have no choice but to have a bank account. Just try asking your boss to pay you in cash to avoid bank fees on your account.

I figure that by the time we pay income tax, local land taxes, levies, state govt levies, federal levies, stamp duties we are up near 70% of our income.

How about some savings. Instead or them flying daily to a new place in the country they can use skype for these meetings. No more lifetime perks after quitting the job. All govt cars to have log books and any travel that is not justified is charged at commercial rates to the user.

Instead of handing out thousands to new parents how about when your child is enrolled at school and you have no govt intervention for the safety of the child you get a bit of money. Kid becomes a teen with no police record, a bit more. Kid leaves school with no police report, more money. Encourage good parenting instead of the policy of have as many as you can.

Does anyone at all in this country know the real unemployment rate since so many aren't counted. If you don't get govt benefit you are not counted. That means that a very large amount of youth are not counted as they are denied any payments because their parents are 'wealthy'. Those same parents who if on one income pay twice as much tax as dual incomes and if the income was split between the amount of people they support would be near the same rate of money as the same family on govt support. Unemployed partners aren't counted in the figures. Nor the kids or adults who take a part time job at the local maccas but don't make enough to live on.

Stop the govt advertising. Spend the money wisely. Stop raising new taxes every week.

I am seriously looking at emigrating when hubby and I reach retirement because I have serious doubts that we will be able to afford to live in this country.

#1206577 - 07/08/2013 22:03 Re: Federal Election Sept 07 2013 [Re: boomer]
ant Offline

Loc: Overlooking ACT at 848m
That mat leave scheme of Abbott's is initially funded by that levy on medium/large business, yes, but if you read the whole thing, in a few years it reverts to being funded by.... the taxpayer. It's a very expensive scheme, as he proposes to pay women who are on high salaries the same as their salary while they are on mat leave.

As a single, child-free person, I feel pretty sick at how both sides of politics tax me and people like me, and give it to Families who have more money than me, who can afford to have a mortgage and cars (try that as a single person on the average income), which tells me pretty clearly that if you aren't having kids, you are a second class citizen.

The country is heading somewhere not good, and while governments on both sides tax, and then splash money around, we all suffer because the big, infrastructure things that governments should be doing, aren't being done.

Sure the Families get their splashes of cash (and there's a lot of splashes), but the country they live in is slowly crumbling. Until people stop being greedy, and recognise that there's a greater good, this will continue and we'll lose the good society we once had.

#1206578 - 07/08/2013 22:07 Re: Federal Election Sept 07 2013 [Re: bundybear]
ant Offline

Loc: Overlooking ACT at 848m
Originally Posted By: bundybear
Does anyone at all in this country know the real unemployment rate since so many aren't counted. If you don't get govt benefit you are not counted. That means that a very large amount of youth are not counted as they are denied any payments because their parents are 'wealthy'.

This is not true. The unemployment rate is determined through interviews the ABS conducts on a regular basis. They have done it this way for decades, and they simply interview a certain number of people, and ask if they were actively looking for work in a given period (last week is the term used, from memory).

There's some scientific statistic method being applied to how they go about it, and they have to do it the same way so the results over the decades are comparable.

What it doesn't measure is the "discouraged" unemployed, the ones who are unemployed but who have given up looking. but it does give a pretty accurate measure of those who are unemployed, and looking for work.

#1206583 - 07/08/2013 22:38 Re: Federal Election Sept 07 2013 [Re: ant]
@_Yasified_shak Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Originally Posted By: Ant
As a single, child-free person, I feel pretty sick at how both sides of politics tax me and people like me, and give it to Families who have more money than me, who can afford to have a mortgage and cars (try that as a single person on the average income), which tells me pretty clearly that if you aren't having kids, you are a second class citizen.

How can you make a statement like that?, how can a family be "better off"?
If you are couple with say,1 child living in a single income household with only one person working, then there are 3 people to support, rather than just one person to support when you are single, sure you may get paid family allowance but that only equates to around $70.00 per week and that does not tend to go far.

Governments are all the same, just before election time they all seem to have short pockets overflowing with money that they need to get rid of (so it would seem) but after the election has been run and won, the pockets suddenly become much deeper and all the "promises" made seem to dry up.

#1206585 - 07/08/2013 22:59 Re: Federal Election Sept 07 2013 [Re: boomer]
boomer Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Cairns
There is zero doubt that families do benefit more in regard to rebates and allowances than singles or childless couples.
Governments support families more as apart from the need to provide some basics they are also providing incentives to couples so as to source future generations of taxpayers ... in short those with kids are a better long term investment than those without.
As such singles and the childless undoubtedly subsidise families in the short term whereas families provide bigger revenues over a longer period.
Providing support for the low income family has merit, however, it becomes dubious when benefits are given to families who either do not need the support (and are therefore drawing down on both their own taxes and of those who do not have children.....churn... which is another matter to be discussed) or who do not need the entire amount.
So that means, means testing as why should a family on say 150k a year with one child receive tax benefits while a single or couple earning 50k a year receive none?
It is clear which one would be having the harder time in making ends meet. The question is, is that fair?

#1206591 - 08/08/2013 00:03 Re: Federal Election Sept 07 2013 [Re: boomer]
T_D_S Offline
Weather Freak

Nothing like a "six point plan"... lmfao! And I am supposed to respect these people??? Someone get me a gun!!! FFS!!!

Currently on hiatus while undergoing self appointed therapy for WZ related mental issues...

#1206593 - 08/08/2013 01:10 Re: Federal Election Sept 07 2013 [Re: @_Yasified_shak]
Rime Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Perth,WA
Originally Posted By: @_Yasified_shak
Originally Posted By: Ant

How can you make a statement like that?, how can a family be "better off"?
If you are couple with say,1 child living in a single income household with only one person working, then there are 3 people to support, rather than just one person to support when you are single, sure you may get paid family allowance but that only equates to around $70.00 per week and that does not tend to go far.

I find that comment a little odd also. From someone who has sat on both sides of the fence from been single to been married with a family, having a family is no way better off financially, with or without government hand outs. It is nonsense talk to think that you are better off. Ten years ago I was earning almost half to what I am earning today, had a much larger mortgage, but for some reason I could always easily find that extra dollar lying around to spend for myself despite the fact I use to cry poor back then and think that all those wealthy married couples with kids had it much better.

If you have a stable full time job and you are single, then you are doing well. If you want to know what a struggle is, just throw in a few extra responsibilities and a few extra mouths to feed. It makes you realise that you are alive.

But going back to government hand outs, I agree that most of them should be abolished. We don't need them and they only lead to the self entitlement mentality that has done wonders in such countries like Greece. I also go further and say get rid of most of the public service. It is extremely inefficient and it is a massive drain on the economy that provides nothing for the long term development of the country.

Page 2 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 ... 29 30 >

Who's Online
5 registered (Twister1, Wave Rider, aussiestormfreak, Max Record, Kezza34), 287 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Roddy, sparra
Forum Stats
29315 Members
32 Forums
23644 Topics
1456611 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image