Page 197 of 197 < 1 2 ... 195 196 197
Topic Options
#1412201 - 14/03/2017 10:33 Re: Australian Politics [Re: bundybear]
ColdFront Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Wide Bay..Near the beach
Originally Posted By: bundybear
Originally Posted By: ColdFront
laugh One for the closet liberals and PHON lovers (one and the same) .

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre...e-take-the-quiz

What happened to the praise of Hanson's integrity that was flooding these pages just a couple of weeks back? The integrity of a snake.

I have never seen a flood of support for her here. She has had a couple of good thoughts in her life but then gone troppo on them. Example, going from examining the usage of 457 visas to 'stop the migration'.

I personally am terrified at the way our country is going. Our freedoms being eroded daily.

We are being legislated daily into how we raise our children. How we live our lives.

The amount of public surveillance. Every phone call we make. Every key stroke on our computers. We have police tapping houses and cars. Cameras that record our movements on the road.

I know that 'if we aren't doing anything wrong then we have nothing to fear' will be trotted out. I am sure that those living in North Korea have nothing to fear if they are doing nothing their government disapproves of. I am pretty sure though they wish they could do things their govt might disapprove of.

I am really not sure that the politics we suffer are not distraction to prevent us seeing what is really happening in our country

The reason you may not have seen it is due to the way in which it has been written. Usually with something along the lines of " for fear of" or " funny how it's ok for labor" or "the left seem to think" or some line about "at least Pauline has integrity" .The last one is my personal favourite. Integrity 😂 GOLD!

#1412348 - 14/03/2017 18:44 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Brett Guy]
Seira Offline

Loc: Adelaide Hills.
Originally Posted By: Brett Guy
Economy isn't everything RW. The western world is falling apart. Has been on that path for 15-20 years. As the coalition haters on here love to point out the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. But more importantly people are watching their freedoms being eroded. We have been barreling toward an Orwellian society for a decade plus(close to two) and many have decide to try and stop it. Of course, any who agree with that type Orwellian world will disagree with me ad say there is no problem. Those who believe everyone should be forced to have and express the same opinion love the idea and don't see an issue. Hanson, Trump, La pen, Brexit etc as I said are symptoms of this. Those voting for them hope they are the cure for the disease or if not they might lead to it. I doubt they are personally but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

Making personal the issues of Western Society (be they economic, social, security, trust, reliability...) is probably not going to be in our favour smile ... just saying.

Edited by Seira (14/03/2017 18:46)

-- William H. Calvin.

[A quote about abrupt weather pattern changes occurring within decades.]

#1412387 - 14/03/2017 21:27 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Seira]
Brett Guy Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Bently Park, Cairns
Originally Posted By: Seira
Economy isn't everything RW. The western world is falling apart. Has been on that path for 15-20 years. As the coalition haters on here love to point out the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. But more importantly people are watching their freedoms being eroded. We have been barreling toward an Orwellian society for a decade plus(close to two) and many have decide to try and stop it. Of course, any who agree with that type Orwellian world will disagree with me ad say there is no problem. Those who believe everyone should be forced to have and express the same opinion love the idea and don't see an issue. Hanson, Trump, La pen, Brexit etc as I said are symptoms of this. Those voting for them hope they are the cure for the disease or if not they might lead to it. I doubt they are personally but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

Making personal the issues of Western Society (be they economic, social, security, trust, reliability...) is probably not going to be in our favour smile ... just saying.

Not quite sure i understand the meaning of your post Sierra. Could you clarify please? Maybe it should be obvious and i may not just be reading it clearly smile

Oh. Hang on. The betting bit . Ok. I am tired. Haha. Might go to bed soon.

Edited by Brett Guy (14/03/2017 21:31)

#1412405 - 14/03/2017 22:08 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Brett Guy]
Seira Offline

Not quite sure i understand the meaning of your post Sierra. Could you clarify please? Maybe it should be obvious and i may not just be reading it clearly smile

I meant this (when we personalise stuff):
Either
“You ARE a silly person.”
Or
“That WAS a silly thing to do.”
Disowning the personalisation of ideas used in communication smile . That’s all.

----------
It's not directed at anyone, just to keep in mind, if you want smile .

Doing a lot of edits here, possible also tired grin .

Edited by Seira (14/03/2017 22:14)

-- William H. Calvin.

#1412454 - 15/03/2017 07:27 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Seira]
Brett Guy Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Bently Park, Cairns

I meant this (when we personalise stuff):
Either
“You ARE a silly person.”
Or
“That WAS a silly thing to do.”
Disowning the personalisation of ideas used in communication smile . That’s all.

----------
It's not directed at anyone, just to keep in mind, if you want smile .

Doing a lot of edits here, possible also tired grin .

Ahh. Yes good point. Ever the voice of reason mate. Lots of respect for you.

#1412486 - 15/03/2017 09:53 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
ozthunder Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Mt Warrigal, NSW, Australia
Interesting how Scott Morrison has suddenly changed his tune in regard to wages. Stating on FB and other places that we now need wage growth to boost the economy.

Maybe he should look closer at what the coalition can do in the at space rather than just another thought bubble.

methinks that the WA election is a wake up call, again I state the whole one nation issue is just a publicity front from the coalition to hide the fact that they were hammered due a lot to national issues.

#1413034 - 17/03/2017 21:27 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Brett Guy]
Seira Offline

Ahh. Yes good point. Ever the voice of reason mate. Lots of respect for you.

I'll accept that graciously smile .

-- William H. Calvin.

Page 197 of 197 < 1 2 ... 195 196 197

Who's Online
41 registered (Aussiestormguy, DaveMuzza, justme, Cycles, CuNimJim, GringosRain, Locke, BlairRoberts, Hurricane force, Phantom, whatscracken, Nature's Fury, Dipole, Squeako_88, synopig, Mad Elf #1.5, petethemoskeet, paj, Rainrunner, slider, Jimi, Blowin', Ahab, OverDrive, ozone doug, Maclaw, mysteriousbrad, tag, Rhys., Tuntable Crook, quantum, Struth, CraigA74, whethertraveller, schmacko67, stevemack, wetdreams, Rayala, 3 invisible), 573 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Big_Pete, CoastalStorm22, Heatwave21
Forum Stats
29193 Members
32 Forums
23566 Topics
1447034 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image