Topic Options
#1214545 - 22/10/2013 11:26 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Dawgggg]
Cheers Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: sevenhills nsw
Originally Posted By: Trav Dog
Originally Posted By: Cheers
Originally Posted By: ColdFront
It seems someone else found it up on his site the day after too!

Very true CF
It doesn't matter what Abbott does because he will always be a BOGAN.
Take note Rime.

Cheers mate...this is by far one of the most useless and dumbest posts I have seen on these forums.

No offense, but really ???

So you don't like the truth Trav Dog!

#1214546 - 22/10/2013 11:31 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Crookhaven River]
Cheers Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Originally Posted By: Crookhaven River
POLL STOUSH SPARKS BULLY TACTICS CLAIM

With bushfires raging through NSW, firefighters usually receive warm welcomes but the Fire Brigade Employees Union said the opposite occurred at the Miranda by-election last Saturday.

FBEU state president Darin Sullivan said members handing out “vote Liberals last” cards at polling booths were harassed by Liberal MP Brad Hazzard and other party members.

Mr Sullivan accused the MP for Wakehurst of “bully tactics”.

“He and other party members were going to each polling booth and taking down the names of every firefighter there,’’ he said.

“They were getting up close and taking photos of our face without permission in order to report names and faces to the minister [of emergency services].

“Mr Hazzard went to every booth to deliberately intimidate every firefighter,” he said.

Some firefighters reported verbal altercations with Liberal party staffers and volunteers at booths.

Approximately 60 off-duty firefighters manned polling booths in the electorate wearing “Stop O’Farrell’s Fire Station Closures” T-shirts.

The firefighters were protesting the O’Farrell Government’s budget cuts that have taken stations in the electorate offline over 60 times this year.

The union said their aim was for firefighters to be considered ‘‘frontline’’ staff, along with teachers and police, who are exempt from budget cuts.

“We find it offensive to see Liberal MPs prancing out at the bushfires for the media when they’re cutting firefighting services,” Mr Sullivan said.

Some Liberal politicians proved more sympathetic. The union confirmed Kiama MP Gareth Ward had made efforts to hear firefighters’ concerns.

Mr Sullivan responded to criticism that the union was politicising a natural disaster.

“The fires were a coincidence to our campaign. Both the NSW Fire Brigade and the Rural Fire Service are facing more cuts and the community needs to be educated.”

The union also faced criticism that their efforts would have been better spent at the bushfires and that they had used their uniforms inappropriately.

“We wore old uniforms no longer in use, uniforms that are now our property,’’ Mr Sullivan said. ‘‘We had no official badges.

“We receive AEC approval and had every right to be there.

“Many of the union’s officials have been, and will be, on the frontline of these fires throughout this emergency, side by side with all the hard-working full- time, part-time and volunteer firefighters across NSW.”

Mr Sullivan said the community response was overwhelmingly positive.

“We think our campaign claimed a part in the historic 27per cent swing result,’’ Mr Sullivan said. ‘‘We had lifelong Liberal voters coming up to us saying that they had voted against the party for the first time because of how O’Farrell has treated firefighters.’’.

Bolstered by its success, the union is threatening to implement the campaign at the next state election.
See your ad here

“If Premier O’Farrell doesn’t come to us to negotiate cuts, then we’ll be forced to roll the campaign out across every electorate in the next election,” said Mr Sullivan.

Mr Hazzard did not respond to requests for comment.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/1855481/poll-stoush-sparks-bully-tactics-claim/?cs=300

So we now can add the Fire Fighters to the big list of cuts to services .
Bloody Libs.

#1214562 - 22/10/2013 12:58 Re: Australian Politics [Re: davidg]
Rime Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Perth,WA
Originally Posted By: davidg
Reckon you guys should rename this thread "The Tony Abbott Love-In"

Its clear that he fascinates you to the point of utter distraction

+1

They need to find a hobby and get a life. The hatred has consumed them like venom in the bloodstream. If they can't get a life, maybe a mental institution may help.

A while ago I recall you posting some other little meme thinking it was truth but a quick google by Arnost showed it was a fake. I am curious to know where the photo used in this meme originally came from. Photos of Tony Abbott in RFS uniform have been doing the rounds on social media for months, if not years. It wouldn't be hard to find any photo and whack together this spiteful meme.

Either way though, your desperate trolling attempts is way beyond any rationale. Coldie, get a hobby. It will improve your life.

If a volunteer firefight constitutes a bogan, then bogan he is. He can wear that one with pride along with every other community volunteer that have given so much back to their society over the years.

But what really worries me, Cheers, are you feeling some kind of contempt towards someone who is getting their hands dirty and actually giving back to the community?

Originally Posted By: Mick10
I am just gobsmacked at how an opposition can hammer away at a governments 'so called' inadequacy's then sneak through with the same tripe just a month after taking over with barely a ripple in the mainstream media.

Mick,

The dept ceiling is going to be lifted. Anybody who has been following this closely for at least the past year or two knows that this will be inevitable. The problem is it will take far more than just one month to fix the major ongoing problems this government is going to face in fixing the mess. Deficits are still going to occur for at least 2 years, if not longer if our economy slows even further.

I am gobsmacked that this is somehow blamed on this present government that has only been in charge for a month. I am also gobsmacked that Labor voters think that the new government are miracle workers that can fix the massive stuff ups by the previous government that they had voted for in the last six years. The Libs must take it as a compliment that the Labor voters think so highly of them. If you want irony, look no further.

Quote:
I have no problems with abbott out chasing fires as I posted above.

I have no issue with this either, but there is a possible cause of concern. Laurie Oakes wrote an interesting article on this a few days ago.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion...6-1226742744181

#1214565 - 22/10/2013 13:13 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
Cheers Offline
Weatherzone Addict

No rime,I'm talking about what Abbott is & not what the other Fire Fighters are.
DON'T POST CRAP RIME.
The true Fire Fighters are hero's in my book & Abbott isn't.
He goes up there for a photo shoot when he should be staying on the side lines.

#1214569 - 22/10/2013 13:32 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
Crookhaven River Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Crookhaven Heads N.S.W 14m AS...
"If they can't get a life, maybe a mental institution may help."

Private or public?

Class warfare as Tony Abbott's schools plan fails the Tassie test

TASMANIA has declared war on Tony Abbott's bold plan to revolutionise the nation's public schools.

The Prime Minister wants to make schools more independent by giving principals and parents more control, in the first stage of a schools revolution.

But the state Liberals have distanced themselves from the plan and state Education Minister Nick McKim says it will not happen under his watch.

"It will set school against school, suburb against suburb and town against town," Mr McKim said yesterday.

"It really creates a two-tier system when our system should be all about equality."

Australian Education Union state president Terry Polglase said the policy "attempts to marginalise, demean and damage the public education brand".

Tasmanian Liberals education spokesman Michael Ferguson failed to back the plan yesterday.

"The Liberals will always work co-operatively with the Federal Government to get the best outcomes for our children," he said.

"But we have no plans to establish independent public schools, if elected."

Mr Abbott has restated his promise that 25 per cent of Australian public schools will be given more independence by handing greater responsibility to their school principals and parent-guided boards by 2017.

Mr Abbott's plan will give parents a greater say through school boards, which would set the strategic direction of a school in consultation with local communities and business leaders.

Mr Polglase yesterday said Mr Abbott and Federal Education Minister Christopher Pyne had not properly consulted with public schools.

"Sir Henry Parkes, known as the 'Father of Public Education', would be turning in his grave with the Coalition's announcement that it intends to divide public schools and make inroads into 'privatising' the system," he said.

"Public schools will remain free, secular and compulsory but no longer will they be universal as Sir Henry envisaged them."

Mr McKim and Mr Polglase said the experience from other jurisdictions showed independent public school models did not work.

"They exist in Western Australia where 255, or two thirds of the schools, are 'independent'," Mr Polglase said.

"Studies show they do nothing to improve student outcomes.

"A recent position for a classroom teacher in Perth attracted over 250 applications as permanent tenure at the school would be possible.

"The downside to this was fewer teachers offer themselves to teach in outlying centres as opportunities to transfer back to the capital would decrease."

Mr McKim said it was unclear how the schools would be selected by the Commonwealth.

"But we do know that they will be treated preferentially compared to the rest of our public schools," he said.

http://www.themercury.com.au/news/class-warfare-as-tony-abbotts-schoolsl-plan-fails-the-tassie-test/story-fnj4f7kx-1226743491469

#1214573 - 22/10/2013 13:48 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Cheers]
Rime Offline
Weatherzone Addict

No rime,I'm talking about what Abbott is & not what the other Fire Fighters are.
DON'T POST CRAP RIME.
The true Fire Fighters are hero's in my book & Abbott isn't.
He goes up there for a photo shoot when he should be staying on the side lines.

This is where the crap lies and I find this intriguing.

It was not a photo shoot. You are wrong about that one. It is what Abbott does. Up until recently he was the Deputy Caption of his Davidson brigade. He resigned form that position before the election. The photos that were taken were from other firies that were spread on social media (like everything these days).

Is it possible that you have allowed your politics and personal spite to cloud your judgement of character? You hold true fire fighters in high regard and I very much believe you would hold the majority of community volunteers in the same vain, but here you are, along with ColdFront, viciously attacking someone that has always been one of those volunteers long before he was even opposition leader. You have hated him for everything he is worth because he does not line up with your side of political ideology and beliefs.

The thing is, like SBT posted earlier, I think it is all just a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. I am sure if Abbott did not get involved fighting these fires when he is a volunteer, I am almost certain he would have been attacked on here for that also.

Having a go at policies and ideology is all fair game. But having a go at a person for helping the community in his own time is just low.

#1214575 - 22/10/2013 13:54 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
Cheers Offline
Weatherzone Addict

The cost of having him there with all his hangers on would pay for a lot more fire fighters than just one who was there for another reason.
It was a photo shoot.
Don the uniform on for an hour or so.
Photo shoot done then back to trying to be a so called PM.
Please
Wake up Rime.

Edited by Cheers (22/10/2013 13:58)

#1214581 - 22/10/2013 14:03 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
bundybear Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Between Bundy and Gladstone
I don't like the man. I didn't vote for him but will not put him down for being a volunteer firey, which I believe he has been for the past 17 years.

And it wasn't just for the pics but he worked a full shift.

Quote:
FOR 14 long hours over the weekend, Tony Abbott was just one of 1392 anonymous, sooty-faced firefighters battling to keep the relentless NSW bushfires at bay.

His favoured white-shirt-blue-tie combo was swapped for yellow overalls as Australia's 28th prime minister joined his Davidson RFS brigade on a back-burning operation in Bilpin, near the Blue Mountains, for a night shift that began at 6pm Saturday and finished at 8am yesterday.

If not for a couple of photos circulating on Twitter, it's a fair chance that Mr Abbott's weekend exploits would have gone unnoticed.

His office did not issue a statement until the blurry image of the PM giving the thumbs-up from behind the wheel of a fire truck appeared on the social media site.

While many Twitter followers praised his volunteering spirit, others questioned the wisdom of the nation's leader putting himself in the line of fire.

But for Mr Abbott, it was just another day as a volunteer firey with his local brigade, something he has been doing since 2001.

Prior to the election, Mr Abbott, a keen cyclist, runner, surf lifesaver and firefighting volunteer, vowed to continue his community activities should he assume the prime ministership.

Last month, his NSW Rural Fire Service brigade captain Trent Dowling told The Australian the Prime Minister was just another volunteer when he was on firefighting duties.

"It is the whole thing the brigade and the service is built on," Mr Dowling said. "It doesn't matter what you do outside, whether you are a plumber, a student, unemployed or, in this case, the Prime Minister. The rule that we have at our station is once you pull that uniform on, everyone is in the same boat.

"Anyone who bags him for pulling on the uniform and thinks it is a picture opportunity, I would suggest they do the course and join the brigade and come and see what we do."
- See more at: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/in-depth...h.tqwMu0S9.dpuf

#1214582 - 22/10/2013 14:08 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
Mega Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Maryborough, Wide Bay, QLD
I don't like the man either but I don't really have a problem with that photo, seems fairly trivial to me. Much bigger issues to be worrying about than a stupid photo.

#1214583 - 22/10/2013 14:10 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
Cheers Offline
Weatherzone Addict

That's not what I was told from my mates who are still up there fighting the fires.
Of course the Australian would say that.
Oh that's right.
It's owned by RM.

#1214584 - 22/10/2013 14:13 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Cheers]
Rime Offline
Weatherzone Addict

The cost of having him there with all his hangers on would pay for a lot more fire fighters than just one who was there for another reason.
It was a photo shoot.
Please
Wake up Rime.

I am already awake. You need to wake up and stop allowing your political allegiance to cloud judgement of personal character.

If he did not don that uniform over the weekend, the criticism would have been in here fast and thick. He would have been condemned by you, CF and few others for not doing his part when he is a well known volunteer firie. The arguments would have gone down the lines of, "Abbott's no show proves that his voluntary work was for publicity while in opposition" or "Abbott is scum for not helping out his mates fighting these fires" or "Abbott should have done more for these people" or (insert whinge here).

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

#1214587 - 22/10/2013 14:20 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
Cheers Offline
Weatherzone Addict

I will give the Premier one for the temp law that lets the services do forced evacuation if needed.
This will save lives.

#1214588 - 22/10/2013 14:25 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Rime]
Cheers Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Originally Posted By: Rime
It was a photo shoot.
Please
Wake up Rime.

I am already awake. You need to wake up and stop allowing your political allegiance to cloud judgement of personal character.

If he did not don that uniform over the weekend, the criticism would have been in here fast and thick. He would have been condemned by you, CF and few others for not doing his part when he is a well known volunteer firie. The arguments would have gone down the lines of, "Abbott's no show proves that his voluntary work was for publicity while in opposition" or "Abbott is scum for not helping out his mates fighting these fires" or "Abbott should have done more for these people" or (insert whinge here).

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

So he was up there by himself Rime.
AS I said.
He wasn't up there by himself.
He had all his hangers on.
He is not as popular as you think with the fire fighters.

Edited by Cheers (22/10/2013 14:26)

#1214590 - 22/10/2013 14:28 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
Cheers Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Well done to the ACT Government for the Gay marriage law.

#1214630 - 22/10/2013 17:04 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Rime]
Mick10 Offline
Weatherzone Moderator

Loc: Kirwan, Townsville - NQld.

Mick,

The dept ceiling is going to be lifted. Anybody who has been following this closely for at least the past year or two knows that this will be inevitable. The problem is it will take far more than just one month to fix the major ongoing problems this government is going to face in fixing the mess. Deficits are still going to occur for at least 2 years, if not longer if our economy slows even further.

I am gobsmacked that this is somehow blamed on this present government that has only been in charge for a month. I am also gobsmacked that Labor voters think that the new government are miracle workers that can fix the massive stuff ups by the previous government that they had voted for in the last six years. The Libs must take it as a compliment that the Labor voters think so highly of them. If you want irony, look no further.

so you saying its ok that the current libs that claimed day after day for god knows how long that our economy is up the creek and we are spending way to much and we have to get our debt under control, can lift the debt ceiling and maintain that for the entire 1st term? so what are they spending the extra $90billion on for the next 3 years? if the debt is such a big problem why is it going to take 3 years? maybe the libs have found out that the world economy isn't such a pretty picture they thought it was, aka the current US problems?
2017 Yearly total to date - 496.2mm (1107mm)

#1214646 - 22/10/2013 18:47 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Mick10]
Rime Offline
Weatherzone Addict

so you saying its ok that the current libs that claimed day after day for god knows how long that our economy is up the creek and we are spending way to much and we have to get our debt under control, can lift the debt ceiling and maintain that for the entire 1st term? so what are they spending the extra $90billion on for the next 3 years? if the debt is such a big problem why is it going to take 3 years? maybe the libs have found out that the world economy isn't such a pretty picture they thought it was, aka the current US problems?

One thing you have to understand, increasing debt ceiling does not necessarily mean increasing debt. The amount that can be withdrawn is increased. It can act as buffer if things do go southward. Also, deficits will still occur in the short term. There is no choice around that even if the economy does not collapse. Expenditure that is already in place takes time to unwind and likewise, so do government reforms that are required to help the economy.

The debt is going to exist for sometime. That is the legacy we are left with by the previous monkeys. The thing that has been argued over and over again by conservatives and Liberals alike, is that the debt needs to be serviced. The previous government did a fine job in ignoring any debt problems by outstripping the revenue by increasing the expenditure.

I think you have unknowingly contradicted yourself in this post though. You said, quote, "so you saying its ok that the current libs that claimed day after day for god knows how long that our economy is up the creek", then saying "maybe the libs have found out that the world economy isn't such a pretty picture they thought it was, aka the current US problems?".

The Libs have been attacked relentlessly by Labor for saying that the global economy is shaky and that spending has to be put into check. They were accused for been negative in making these claims. So this suggestion that Liberals had no idea of the state of the world economy is very ironic.

#1214650 - 22/10/2013 18:56 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
Brett Guy Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Bently Park, Cairns
Actually the Libs were claiming OUR economy was up the creek. Not the world economy.As it stands OUR economy is one of the best in the worls(thanks to labour). The Libs(aka Abott) lied their asses off about this because they knew that doing so would get them elected. And guess what... It did. Doesn't change the fact that Labours policies kept us out of recession and left us in a position to keep a strong economy. They probably could and should have started winding back the spending a year or so sooner but we are still standinng on our own two feet with an extremely managable debt. Now we get to see how the Libs manage it.

#1214673 - 22/10/2013 20:37 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
ozthunder Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Mt Warrigal, NSW, Australia
I made this pic up in January this year as a reply to all the pro liberal Farcebook crap that was going on. I think it is more relevant now than in January.

#1214678 - 22/10/2013 20:52 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Mick10]
ColdFront Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Wide Bay..Near the beach

Mick,

Amen. 3 years to reign it in? Really? But it needs to be done NOW as it is a "budget emergency" . sleep

Originally Posted By: SBT

You lot really, really need to get a better grip on reality.

Because Ceebee is actually one of the WZ admins according to you . Awesome reality you live in. That assertive reaction is in the mirror.

Originally Posted By: Trav Dog
this is by far one of the most useless and dumbest posts I have seen on these forums.

No offense, but really ???

No offense but WOW ! Pot, kettle, black multiplied by a dew point of 10 and 100% relative humility.

Originally Posted By: davidg
Reckon you guys should rename this thread "The Tony Abbott Love-In"

Its clear that he fascinates you to the point of utter distraction

+1

They need to find a hobby and get a life. The hatred has consumed them like venom in the bloodstream. If they can't get a life, maybe a mental institution may help.

A while ago I recall you posting some other little meme thinking it was truth but a quick google by Arnost showed it was a fake. I am curious to know where the photo used in this meme originally came from. Photos of Tony Abbott in RFS uniform have been doing the rounds on social media for months, if not years. It wouldn't be hard to find any photo and whack together this spiteful meme.

Either way though, your desperate trolling attempts is way beyond any rationale. Coldie, get a hobby. It will improve your life.

If a volunteer firefight constitutes a bogan, then bogan he is. He can wear that one with pride along with every other community volunteer that have given so much back to their society over the years.

But what really worries me, Cheers, are you feeling some kind of contempt towards someone who is getting their hands dirty and actually giving back to the community?

I am just gobsmacked at how an opposition can hammer away at a governments 'so called' inadequacy's then sneak through with the same tripe just a month after taking over with barely a ripple in the mainstream media.

Mick,

Quote:
I have no problems with abbott out chasing fires as I posted above.

I have no issue with this either, but there is a possible cause of concern. Laurie Oakes wrote an interesting article on this a few days ago.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion...6-1226742744181

get a hobby. It will improve your life.

Irony in spades. The time you must have taken to put that lot together laugh laugh

It's interesting that you are repeating Andy's attempts at insults. "Get a life"... "get a hobby" but then even he borrowed a couple "wailing" and "Gnashing of teeth"....

and yet anyone that doesn't support Mr Hummingbird Smuggler Abbott is a troll. Go figure. You two win that title hands down. Tribal wink

How about you lot rather than piss and moan about what we are saying actually contribute something to counter the argument and refrain from the personal attacks?

Read the posts again. They are on topic. You should try it.

If there is a budget emergency why did a liberal senator say immediately after they claimed victory that they inherited a good ,strong economy? Why was Abbott overseas kissing butt when there is in his words "an economic emergency" right here at home?

Mick hit the nail on the head and none of you on the right have the decency to explain why Abbott hasn't cut spending to the bone ,increased taxes and scrapped his PPL if there is an emergency. After all the PPL could not be affordable if this were true.

maybe a mental institution may help.

That you even needed to post this speaks volumes about your own state of mind. Pssst ,it's also personal abuse and a major no no in these forums.

#1214680 - 22/10/2013 21:00 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
Seabreeze Offline
Weatherzone Moderator

Loc: South West Rocks, NSW
Thread reopened.

Please do not make any further personal/baiting remarks, such as: comments about each other's mental health, lifestyle, and making insinuations that others have low/questionable morals.

Edited by Seabreeze (23/10/2013 21:29)

Page 2 of 197 < 1 2 3 4 ... 196 197 >

Who's Online
47 registered (Squeako_88, Mad Elf #1.5, Dipole, Aussiestormguy, schmacko67, Nature's Fury, F5, justme, redbucket, gberg, DarrylS, Colin Maitland, Jimi, Phantom, GringosRain, whatscracken, TWEEDSTORM, Clearskies, snoopydoo, wxra, WANDJINA G'vale, DaveMuzza, Cycles, CuNimJim, Locke, BlairRoberts, Hurricane force, synopig, petethemoskeet, paj, Rainrunner, slider, Blowin', Ahab, OverDrive, ozone doug, Maclaw, mysteriousbrad, tag, Rhys., Tuntable Crook, quantum, Struth, CraigA74, 3 invisible), 542 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
Big_Pete, CoastalStorm22, Heatwave21
Forum Stats
29193 Members
32 Forums
23566 Topics
1447034 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image