Page 243 of 244 < 1 2 ... 241 242 243 244 >
Topic Options
#1433175 - 07/09/2017 17:13 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Mick10]
Gad Offline
Weather Freak

Loc: Silkstone
Originally Posted By: Mick10
RG, can i suggest if you are making an attempt at humour again then maybe use a smilie to indicate as such. people cannot read your mind. obviously Gad took you comment seriously and asked for proof, nothing wrong with that.

i also think your comment regarding 'right wing uneducated/loonies" a bit off, considering the far left are making attempts to have a doctor who appeared in a no campaign ad recently to be deregistered. people, including the gay couple that you ridiculed have a right to speak up and express their views.

No mick10, I didn`t take it seriously, how could one? Nice thought about the smilie, unfortunately with some it would only highlight the insincerity behind the gesture.

anyway, that`s it for me, I have 2 lots of tipping comps to do.

I`ll exit with: May the hypocrisy, tunnel vision and the, I`ll insult/belittle you and anyone who dares to have any other opinion than mine attitude, on both sides of the equation, be shown up for what they are. If you intend to vote, yes or no, in the same sex postal survey, vote with thought and understanding not with bias or insecurities.

#1433187 - 07/09/2017 18:48 Re: Australian Politics [Re: RC]
ozone doug Online   content
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Roma SW QLD Eye to the West...
Originally Posted By: RC
Originally Posted By: Red Watch
So Queensland props up NSW's power grid.....

QUEENSLAND power stations will be pumping excess electricity into NSW to prevent blackouts south of the border.

Energy Minister Mark Bailey said about 1000 megawatts would be sent through the interconnector with NSW.

“We have got the youngest, most efficient fleet of base-load generators in the country,” he said.

He forgot to add that was thanks to the foresight of Joh Bjelke Peterson whose government spent heavily on building such infrastructure in Qld, unlike any government since then.

We got a big a$$ gas generator here in Roma all its power goes to NSW.

#1433189 - 07/09/2017 19:11 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Kino]
ColdFront Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Wide Bay..Near the beach
Originally Posted By: Kino
Huge win for Turnbull in the High Court today; huge loss for equality. Now we wait to let people vote on my rights.

A huge loss for tax payers too.

#1433201 - 07/09/2017 20:24 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
RC Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: near Rockhampton, Qld
The interesting thing is though, are those complaining about the cost still saying barnaby and others should just resign and force a by-election costing many millions that they will win anyway.

#1433202 - 07/09/2017 20:25 Re: Australian Politics [Re: RC]
Kino Online   content
Weather Freak

Loc: Wollongong, NSW, Aus
The interesting thing is though, are those complaining about the cost still saying barnaby and others should just resign and force a by-election costing many millions that they will win anyway.

Of course they are; but $122m buys a large number of by-elections...

#1433214 - 07/09/2017 23:59 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
Steve777 Online   content
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Artarmon (Sydney North Shore)
Funny that the "Liberals" are so fussed about a promise to have a plebiscite about same sex marriage. Breaking promises never bothered then before. Remember "No cuts to health, no cuts to education, no cuts to the ABC"? Yeah right.

So they could have saved a lot of money by simply allowing a free vote. Or they could have declared the plebiscite a "non core promise", which would actually be close to the money. It can't have changed many votes. Or perhaps Turnbull could take a leaf out of Abbott's book after he won in 2013 and declared "we are keeping the promises we made, not the promises you stupid punters thought we made".

The "Liberals" are happy to flush $122 million down the toilet to resolve their internal party issues. That's after flushing $2.7 billion on Direct Inaction to pretend to take action over That Whereof We Cannot Speak on a problem they mostly believe doesn't exist, or at least doesn't require serious action.

The plebiscite was conceived two years ago as a strategum to kick the issue of same sex marriage beyond the next election. It succeeded. Now the Far Right Wing* of the "Liberals" are hoping that through a campaign of distraction, disinformation and giving a licence to haters**, they can kick the issue further down the road.

I will participate in this farce under protest.

* The "Liberals" have two factions - Right and Far Right
** I received a tract from one in my letterbox yesterday. Poisonous stuff, no signature. I won't repeat any if it here. Respectful debate? I don't think so.

#1433215 - 08/09/2017 06:18 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
samboz Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Between Maffra & the Mountains...
Because people have a different opinion to you S777 you label them as "haters".

Seeing so many love putting labels on others, lets label you a bigot.

ie- "NOUN - A person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion."
Rain 2016-753.5mm.J-173mmF-5mmM-66mmA-32.5mmM-24mmJ-88mmJ-143mmA-17.5mmS-89.5mmO-53.5mmNov-61.5mmDec-26mmTOTAL 2016 - 779.5MM Rain 2017.Jan-9.5mmFeb-23mmMarch-49mmApril-40mmMay-12mmJune-12mmJuly-15mm Aug-36.5mm Sept22.5mmto0800 17/9.(YTD <200mm)

#1433216 - 08/09/2017 06:48 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Steve777]
Kino Online   content
Weather Freak

Loc: Wollongong, NSW, Aus
Originally Posted By: Steve777
Funny that the "Liberals" are so fussed about a promise to have a plebiscite about same sex marriage. Breaking promises never bothered then before. Remember "No cuts to health, no cuts to education, no cuts to the ABC"? Yeah right.

So they could have saved a lot of money by simply allowing a free vote. Or they could have declared the plebiscite a "non core promise", which would actually be close to the money. It can't have changed many votes. Or perhaps Turnbull could take a leaf out of Abbott's book after he won in 2013 and declared "we are keeping the promises we made, not the promises you stupid punters thought we made".

The "Liberals" are happy to flush $122 million down the toilet to resolve their internal party issues. That's after flushing $2.7 billion on Direct Inaction to pretend to take action over That Whereof We Cannot Speak on a problem they mostly believe doesn't exist, or at least doesn't require serious action.

The plebiscite was conceived two years ago as a strategum to kick the issue of same sex marriage beyond the next election. It succeeded. Now the Far Right Wing* of the "Liberals" are hoping that through a campaign of distraction, disinformation and giving a licence to haters**, they can kick the issue further down the road.

I will participate in this farce under protest.

* The "Liberals" have two factions - Right and Far Right
** I received a tract from one in my letterbox yesterday. Poisonous stuff, no signature. I won't repeat any if it here. Respectful debate? I don't think so.

Both sides of politics have haters of equality. 7 years in Govt Labor did nothing even though they had their own first gay Minister (who also denied equality siding with the rhetoric). And don't tell me people change their minds - that's baloney. Equality, especially your own, isn't an issue you 'flip-flop' on.

And as for "broken promises"... CarbonTax anyone?

#1433218 - 08/09/2017 06:58 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
bundybear Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Between Bundy and Gladstone
Why can girls not wear shorts/long pants to many schools? I suppose if they said "I am really a boy not a girl" they could as otherwise they are being treated unfairly.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-08/should-australian-schools-force-girls-to-wear-skirts/8879222

#1433222 - 08/09/2017 07:15 Re: Australian Politics [Re: samboz]
Steve777 Online   content
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Artarmon (Sydney North Shore)
Originally Posted By: samboz
Because people have a different opinion to you S777 you label them as "haters".
Seeing so many love putting labels on others, lets label you a bigot.

I did not say that people who want "marriage" restricted to the traditional man-woman definition are "haters", but that "haters" have jumped on board, like those letterboxing anonymous gay-hate tracts, of the sort I saw the other day.

"I can't do that, it's against my religion". Fair enough.
"You can't do that, it's against my religion". More of a problem.

As for applying labels, I did not apply labels to anyone here.

Edited by Steve777 (08/09/2017 07:18)
Edit Reason: Last para

#1433223 - 08/09/2017 07:26 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
RC Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Seems rather sexist, shouldn't it be boys allowed to wear skirts as well?

#1433230 - 08/09/2017 07:55 Re: Australian Politics [Re: RC]
ColdFront Offline

No one can possibly deny since Labor took over they pushed Brisbane and deserted the rest of the state,

Blatant tripe.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/politic...907-p4yvsg.html

Under Newman Nth Qld got NOTHING. All the money went into pork barrelling his own electorate. He took a raft of promises to the election that saw him become premier, delivered on none of them for regional Qld and took the same promises to the next election. Thankfully the electorate saw through it.

The LNP promised the Gympie Bypass in 1996 !!

Now off you trot and take a look at the roads investment under Labor in Townsville, Cairns, Mackay and even in your neck of the woods in Rockhampton for flood mitigation.

You must incredibly isolated out west of Rockhampton because you seem to have no idea about investment in regional Qld.

#1433231 - 08/09/2017 07:59 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Kino]
ColdFront Offline

Originally Posted By: Kino

And as for "broken promises"... CarbonTax anyone?

Glad you raised it. I was trying to extract that one from one on the right a couple of weeks back when discussing Abbott's endless lies but no-one came forward.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/02/12/carbon-tax-just-brutal-politics-credlin

"Peta Credlin admits the climate change policy under Julia Gillard's Labor government was never a carbon tax, but the coalition used that label to stir up brutal retail politics.

Credlin, the former chief of staff to Tony Abbott when he was prime minister and now a political commentator for Sky News, said the coalition made it a "carbon tax" and a fight about the hip pocket rather than the environment.

"That was brutal retail politics, and it took Abbott six months to cut through and when he did cut through Gillard was gone," she told Sky News on Sunday
".

My bold

Like i have said before, Murdoch ran Abbott's campaign and the minions bought into the lies.

#1433236 - 08/09/2017 08:24 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
RC Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Originally Posted By: ColdFront

Wow a per capita statistic.

Why not an actual $ statistic.

I am surprised you think the way you do, especially living in Bundaberg with it's massive unemployment issues. Hate to break it to you coldfront but a couple of road projects does not make up for decades of underspending and general ignoring of outside Brisbane. All Qld Labor care about is cross river rail. I am sure when the premier in disguise Jackie Trad wakes up every morning the first three words she says is "cross river rail"

#1433238 - 08/09/2017 08:36 Re: Australian Politics [Re: RC]
ColdFront Offline

All Qld Labor care about is cross river rail.

Hello, anyone home? You have just been shown that is blatant tripe. Trolling? Or do you actually believe what you write?

I am surprised you think the way you do, especially living in Bundaberg

Bundaberg's massive unemployment is driven by farmers exploiting 457's and that is a federal loophole. Nothing to do with state Labor but no doubt you'll trot out the crap about how locals don't want to work on farms which is the same rubbish used by the farmers cramming 12 backpackers into one room in the accommodation they own at $170 each to get around the minimum wage, putting the money straight back in their pockets . Locals don't get a look in because they don't need the accommodation.

Farming is hands down the biggest employer in Bundaberg but a large slice of the wages go straight back to the farmers with the pittance remaining leaving the area in backpacker's pockets. The stupid farmers are harming the entire economy as locals put that money through various businesses and flows on to the entire region.

Labor has invested well in Bundaberg, attracted a major plasterboard manufacturer to invest, opened up ports investment and granted council much needed funds to invest in capital works.

Like I said, you must be very sheltered West of Rockhampton .

Here's just one ! There have been many taken to court in this region for shafting workers. Locals can't get scammed for accommodation so they can't get the work.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2017-03...itation/8394252

" the lack of oversight of labour hire companies, and the vulnerability of seasonal workers who were lured to work in Australia on a string of false promises".

#1433239 - 08/09/2017 08:43 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
ColdFront Offline

You people in the farming sector crack me up. You bag out those "city people" whilst doing so on a computer that they designed and built.

Funny stuff and staggering hypocrisy. laugh

I'm off to work. Have a nice day.

#1433247 - 08/09/2017 11:08 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
rain gauge Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Gorokan NSW 4klm West of the ...
Remember, we all get 2 votes: 1) the postal plebiscite. If the result is no, then 2) we vote the Coalition out at the next federal election and we achieve equality in the first 100 days. lol

Who would've thought equality would get even this far.

I remember back in the early 80's people were reluctant to shake your hand if they thought you were gay because of the AIDS hysteria.

Edited by rain gauge (08/09/2017 11:11)

2016 Rainfall-1241.9mm
2015 Rainfall-1568.2mm
2014 Rainfall-1109.1mm

#1433250 - 08/09/2017 11:21 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
Mick10 Offline
Weatherzone Moderator

Loc: Kirwan, Townsville - NQld.
Originally Posted By: Steve777

you want to show me where the health and education budget has been cut? every year, upon year the health and education budget goes up, it never goes down. The Labor party made claims the health and education budgets were 'cut' because the Labor party made unfunded promises before being kicked out to raise the budgets beyond the forward estimates (4 years). When the Libs came in they didnt have funding as high past the forward estimates and didnt make such promises to do so. As we all know, the forward estimates go 4 years out (not 10years as the Labor pre election promise made) to ensure current governments cant over/under spend too far in advance in the likelihood of another government coming in.
The ABC cuts, as mentioned on here many times that was a broken promise. but as i have also said on here many times, the government took taken the SSM policy to an election and have stuck with it - damned if they do, damned if they dont. The government won and is sticking with its policy.
2017 Yearly total to date - 705.0mm (1122mm)

#1433251 - 08/09/2017 11:41 Re: Australian Politics [Re: ColdFront]
Mick10 Offline
Weatherzone Moderator

Loc: Kirwan, Townsville - NQld.
Originally Posted By: ColdFront

No one can possibly deny since Labor took over they pushed Brisbane and deserted the rest of the state,

Blatant tripe.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/politic...907-p4yvsg.html

Yeah agreed, bit rough using one budget to make such a sweeping claim in this article, especially a governments final budget. be better to show stats over the governments 3 budgets, or even better a decade. a road build in brisbane costs less than a road built in Cloncurry. One large infrastructure project in Townsville (eg $200m stadium) or Cairns ($170m convention centre upgrade) can blow the stats out of the water in one hit.

Originally Posted By: rain gauge

I remember back in the early 80's people were reluctant to shake your hand if they thought you were gay because of the AIDS hysteria.

it was still very much like that in the early 90s as well. thankfully we have come along way since then. hopefully this vote passes, we can achieve what should have been done many years ago.
2017 Yearly total to date - 705.0mm (1122mm)

#1433255 - 08/09/2017 12:04 Re: Australian Politics [Re: Mick10]
ColdFront Offline

Originally Posted By: Mick10

Yeah agreed, bit rough using one budget to make such a sweeping claim in this article, especially a governments final budget. be better to show stats over the governments 3 budgets, or even better a decade. a road build in brisbane costs less than a road built in Cloncurry. One large infrastructure project in Townsville (eg $200m stadium) or Cairns ($170m convention centre upgrade) can blow the stats out of the water in one hit.

You were in the mix pretty heavily with your job for quite some time Mick so you would know better than most his claim is garbage.

Page 243 of 244 < 1 2 ... 241 242 243 244 >

Who's Online
7 registered (Kino, ThunderBob, Mad Elf #1.5, Steve777, ozone doug, KomonStan, 1 invisible), 288 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
CraigA74, Ken, Maarten Brandt, wing tip vortex
Forum Stats
29370 Members
32 Forums
23685 Topics
1462372 Posts

Max Online: 2925 @ 02/02/2011 22:23
Satellite Image