NOTICE!

The Weatherzone forum has now closed and is in read-only mode until the 1st of November when it will close permanently. We would like to thank everyone who has contributed over the past 18 years.

If you would like to continue the discussion you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter or participate in discussions at AusWeather or Ski.com.au forums.

Page 37 of 59 < 1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 58 59 >
Topic Options
#1249845 - 19/03/2014 14:00 Re: Aviation, Flying, and your flying / travel experiences & photos / movies... [Re: tornadochaser_76]
Dawgggg Offline
Meteorological Motor Mouth

Loc: Townsville
If something was infact wrong, then the passengers would have surely been told this by crew, and then we would have seen passengers using mobile phones to contact loved ones. A bit like flight 93.

My guess is that who ever was in control of the plane flew to 45 000 feet to depressurize the main cabin and kill the passengers, and then stole the plane.

im not that whacked out to beleive this either.

#1249847 - 19/03/2014 14:04 Re: Aviation, Flying, and your flying / travel experiences & photos / movies... [Re: tornadochaser_76]
Locke Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Brisbane
A hijacking gone wrong although not possible without pilot involvement I would imagine.

If they disabled communications but then someone fought back it would explain a lot. Perhaps the passengers or someone else was able to subdue the hijackers but they were left with no possible method of regaining comms or proper control of the aircraft.

Perhaps the variations in altitude represented and attempt from someone without the skill needed to fly the aircraft and then they ended up sticking it back on auto pilot when they discovered they could not.
This post and any other post by Locke is NOT an official forecast & should not be used as such. It's just my opinion & may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. For official information, refer to Australian Bureau of Meteorology products.

#1249849 - 19/03/2014 14:13 Re: Aviation, Flying, and your flying / travel experiences & photos / movies... [Re: tornadochaser_76]
Brett Guy Offline

Loc: Bently Park, Cairns
I've seen that theory around Trav and I certainly wouldn't say anyone was whacked out for putting it forward as an option. Again though the lack of communication and Flightlevels are possibly explained. If the pilots are passed out or dead along with the of the passengers and crew then the plane on auto pilot would fly in an uneven fasion. I would be surprised if it happened to this degree but I am no aircraft engineer so would not presume to write it off.
Locke I would probably put your suggestion in second place and is certainly an option but if it was a hijacking gone wrong then I would imagine those responsible would have come out by now and claimed they crashed the plane intentionally.

#1249851 - 19/03/2014 14:25 Re: Aviation, Flying, and your flying / travel experiences & photos / movies... [Re: Dawgggg]
EddyG Offline

Loc: Port Stephens NSW
Originally Posted By: Trav dawwggg

reason why I suspect foul play.

I agree with you Trav, Re foul play!!
Is it possible that whoever had control of the plane did a belly landing in the ocean and then the aircraft slowly fills with water and sinks with very minimal debris floating about?

Call me crazy if you will, but we do live in a crazy world!!

Edited by EddyG (19/03/2014 14:27)
2019 YTD - 631.8mm

#1249853 - 19/03/2014 14:26 Re: Aviation, Flying, and your flying / travel experiences & photos / movies... [Re: tornadochaser_76]
Locke Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Brisbane
And then there this:

Quote:
Goodfellow may have no doubts about his theory, but other aviation experts do. Greg Feith, a former crash investigator with America’s National Transportation Safety Board, has told NBC News that a fire would have given the pilots time to communicate.

“I’ve seen those remarks. I’ve seen the articles. If there was an electrical fire on board, there still has to be a source,” Mr Feith said. “And you can’t take out the entire electrical system all in one fell swoop without really catastrophically compromising the structure of the aeroplane.

“Typically, with an electrical fire, you’ll have smoke before you have fire. You can do some troubleshooting. And if the systems are still up and running, you can get off a mayday call.”

If the hijacking was instigated by the pilots and went wrong I'm not sure anyone else involved would have anything to gain now by confessing involvement. If it was terrorism then that would be a different matter.

The more I think about it the more a botched hijacking and a fightback by passengers makes sense (think Flight 93). Either the plane was incapacitated or there was no one on board able to fly it or someone was flying the plane somewhere for 6 hours.

If we went with a scenario where the pilots disable comms with the intent of hijacking, the rest of the people on the plane found out fought back and incapacitated the pilots. They then try to take control of the plane but it climbs to 45,000 ft as a result of their efforts, at some point the plane depressurizes, and alhtough they are able to put the auto pilot back on its too late. Before they get back down to a safe altitude everyone is dead of asphyxiation. The auto pilot then flys the plane until it runs out of fuel.

I don't really know enough about the timings to really say how plausible that would be - just throwing some thoughts around.
This post and any other post by Locke is NOT an official forecast & should not be used as such. It's just my opinion & may or may not be backed by sound meteorological data. For official information, refer to Australian Bureau of Meteorology products.

#1249857 - 19/03/2014 14:41 Re: Aviation, Flying, and your flying / travel experiences & photos / movies... [Re: tornadochaser_76]
Jax Offline
Weather Freak

I didn't go with the Goodfellow theory either for two reasons. The pilots not finding time to place a mayday call but having time to "pull busses" one by one to try and isolate a problem; and that he suspected the hijackers (if that was the case) would have had no plan and would have "weaved around" for a bit before deciding where to take the plane, rather than making the definite turn that it did make. Lol, right...

I think it will have something to do with the 20 IT experts who work for the one Chinese company that has done sensitive contracts for the military. And I think we will never be told the truth about it. Popeye's link about the shadowing plus that link with the IT guys = plausible theory.

#1249858 - 19/03/2014 14:42 Re: Aviation, Flying, and your flying / travel experiences & photos / movies... [Re: tornadochaser_76]
Brett Guy Offline

Loc: Bently Park, Cairns
Bugger it. ALIENS. I'm going with Aliens now. If we look at it from a realistic point of view there are just too many possibilities that have validity(which is pretty evident based on this debate alone), so I'm gonna join the true whack jobs and go with Alien abduction. Poor buggers are probably getting probed right about now.

#1249861 - 19/03/2014 15:17 Re: Aviation, Flying, and your flying / travel experiences & photos / movies... [Re: tornadochaser_76]
Thunderstruck Offline
Lightning man

Loc: Seaford Meadows, SA

#1249862 - 19/03/2014 15:20 Re: Aviation, Flying, and your flying / travel experiences & photos / movies... [Re: tornadochaser_76]
desieboy Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Broome
Read this about Godfellow theory

"Goodfellow may have no doubts about his theory, but other aviation experts do. Greg Feith, a former crash investigator with America’s National Transportation Safety Board, has told NBC News that a fire would have given the pilots time to communicate.

“I’ve seen those remarks. I’ve seen the articles. If there was an electrical fire on board, there still has to be a source,” Mr Feith said. “And you can’t take out the entire electrical system all in one fell swoop without really catastrophically compromising the structure of the aeroplane.

“Typically, with an electrical fire, you’ll have smoke before you have fire. You can do some troubleshooting. And if the systems are still up and running, you can get off a mayday call.”

Thats is the question why no cry for help ,yes fires can engulf the plane but not in a few minutes and its been proved that she just kept flying ....

Latest report say some people in the Maldives saw a plane 6.15am on Sunday flying extremely low....

#1249865 - 19/03/2014 15:27 Re: Aviation, Flying, and your flying / travel experiences & photos / movies... [Re: rain gauge]
desieboy Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Originally Posted By: rain gauge
I think people want the sensational conspiracy type ending to this rather than the mundane most plausible cause. I notice all the conspiracy nutters online dismiss this story for no reason of course.

People want the truth rg and I wouldn't be calling other "nutters"
unless 'you' already know what happened ....everyone entiled to an opinion thats how you have a formal discussion.

#1249875 - 19/03/2014 16:14 Re: Aviation, Flying, and your flying / travel experiences & photos / movies... [Re: tornadochaser_76]
rain gauge Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Loc: Gorokan NSW 4klm West of the ...
Calling others nutters with wackjob theories is my opinion.
And I wasn't calling anyone here that.
I also wasn't the only one that said it ,so stop trolling picking fights.

Edited by rain gauge (19/03/2014 16:18)

#1249880 - 19/03/2014 16:48 Re: Aviation, Flying, and your flying / travel experiences & photos / movies... [Re: tornadochaser_76]
rain gauge Offline
Weatherzone Addict

#1249890 - 19/03/2014 17:24 Re: Aviation, Flying, and your flying / travel experiences & photos / movies... [Re: tornadochaser_76]
Jax Offline
Weather Freak

Woops, I made a mistake earlier, saying the company the IT crowd worked for was Chinese. It is a US company (Freescale Semiconductor), 12 of the employees were from Malaysia and eight were from China. My mistake.

It's a manufacturing firm, which develops components for hi-tech weapons systems and aircraft navigation among other things.

#1249891 - 19/03/2014 17:25 Re: Aviation, Flying, and your flying / travel experiences & photos / movies... [Re: Thunderstruck]
Popeye Offline

Loc: Cable Beach - Broome WA

Wow either Lt Gen-McInerney is a nutter or he is telling part or a lot of the truth. Going to be a few interesting days to see what comes out. If it ends up in Pakistan on the ground I think their will be a few people having to broaden their blinkered beliefs lol and eat their hats.

#1249896 - 19/03/2014 17:32 Re: Aviation, Flying, and your flying / travel experiences & photos / movies... [Re: tornadochaser_76]
Popeye Offline

Be interesting to see if the Maldive reported sightings have any cred. Fits in with the Goodfellows theory.

Maldives Sighting of Jumbo type plane.

#1249900 - 19/03/2014 17:47 Re: Aviation, Flying, and your flying / travel experiences & photos / movies... [Re: tornadochaser_76]
Jax Offline
Weather Freak

Hmm, if it is somewhere in the Indian Ocean west of Perth as that article states it might be, wouldn't our top notch super expensive JORN radar system have picked it up? Isn't one of its main selling points determining when air and sea traffic that isn't supposed to be there is there?

#1249911 - 19/03/2014 18:37 Re: Aviation, Flying, and your flying / travel experiences & photos / movies... [Re: tornadochaser_76]
Popeye Offline

I am not sure Fox News in the States is the most trust worthy news organisation. That retired Lt General McInerney might have skipped his pills this week. Time will tell. Also its strange that it takes nearly 2 weeks for the Maldives people to speak out. Its not like it hasn't been a world wide news story.

Downloaded the Flight 93 movie the other night and watched it. Tells the story of the 9/11 hijackings. Interesting watch. Wasn't that the 1 hijacking that just changed the world. Lets hope this latest incident isn't anything nasty either.

I at least hope they can figure it all out. Be good closure not only for the families but for a world not knowing what happened.

#1249919 - 19/03/2014 20:02 Re: Aviation, Flying, and your flying / travel experiences & photos / movies... [Re: Jax]
desieboy Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Originally Posted By: Jax
Hmm, if it is somewhere in the Indian Ocean west of Perth as that article states it might be, wouldn't our top notch super expensive JORN radar system have picked it up? Isn't one of its main selling points determining when air and sea traffic that isn't supposed to be there is there?

Whatever it is it ain't that billiant at spoting things only last year we had a assylum seeker boat come right into Geraldton harbour undetected...

#1250032 - 20/03/2014 14:12 Re: Aviation, Flying, and your flying / travel experiences & photos / movies... [Re: tornadochaser_76]
Mick10 Offline
Weatherzone Moderator

Loc: Kirwan, Townsville - NQld.
just announced in Parliament Question Time -
satellite photos have identified two pieces of debris that may be of interest in the search of MH370. A RAAF Orion is due in the area right now to inspect as well as 3 other aircraft.
it may be debris from the plane, it may not but its worth checking out.
2019 Yearly total to date - 2049.9mm (1129mm)

#1250037 - 20/03/2014 14:36 Re: Aviation, Flying, and your flying / travel experiences & photos / movies... [Re: tornadochaser_76]
rain gauge Offline
Weatherzone Addict

Lets hope they find some thing soon. I've ever really doubted it's at the bottom of the ocean. Now if that's the plane we need to find out why.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/03/20/14/13/objects-found-in-malaysia-airlines-search

Edited by rain gauge (20/03/2014 14:39)

Page 37 of 59 < 1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 58 59 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 45 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
bjfpolarbear, JuNgLeJiM, Propofol, Rock
Forum Stats
29947 Members
32 Forums
24194 Topics
1529243 Posts

Max Online: 2985 @ 26/01/2019 12:05
Satellite Image